2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

Hopefully we will have a better brand of beer that doesn't taste like crap. Can't stand Carling.

It was Carling that was the "Saints Beer," correct? I felt like an as*hole ordering a Saints Beer, specifically saying "Saints Beer" like a tool, only to take a sip, look at the price list again and proclaim aloud, WTF!

It was Carling that was the "Saints Beer," correct? I felt like an as*hole ordering a Saints Beer, specifically saying "Saints Beer" like a tool, only to take a sip, look at the price list again and proclaim aloud, WTF!

The Saints Ale was Worthington's, was there a "Saints Beer"?

The truly amazing thing about this thread in the past 2 days is that not one single person has bothered to actually link a picture of the training kit from the OS/Facebook/Twitter or anywhere else.

The truly amazing thing about this thread in the past 2 days is that not one single person has bothered to actually link a picture of the training kit from the OS/Facebook/Twitter or anywhere else.

I posted a link to an image from a vine clip earlier yesterday.

Found this mock up whilst scouring the web. Obviously nike won't be the brand but I quite like the concept but i'd prefer black shorts. The away kit is very nice too apart from the veho on the shoulders.

img-southampton-fc-home-kit-17524

orig-southampton-fc-away-kit-14-15-17546

someone has taken an awful lot of time and effort to mock this up.

Found this mock up whilst scouring the web. Obviously nike won't be the brand but I quite like the concept but i'd prefer black shorts. The away kit is very nice too apart from the veho on the shoulders.

img-southampton-fc-home-kit-17524

orig-southampton-fc-away-kit-14-15-17546

Love the home kit. Haven't seen a design like that before (personally)? Away kit is fine.

If you look at the photo in the echo on the back page this may give away some clues!?

Were players issued full length football socks in training kit format last season. Ankle white socks yes. I haven't seen no training socks. If someone wanted football socks last year the official socks were used I believe.

Just a thought for you detectives lol

That's pretty much the kit worn by Monaco most years - and FC Utrechts Hummel kit last year

Perhaps some will remember this but at the end of 2000/01 season - prior to the move to St Mary's - the club ran a vote for the new home strip. Amonst the options were various stripe designs, a red and white quatered kit, and a Monaco red/white diagonal halves.

The 'Monaco' design was proposed as a bit of an outside option, suggesting it as a 'nod' to Hoddles time at that club (he was the manger when the poll first started although had pised off shortly after it was launched).

Voting was by post, and internet. THe internet voting was pretty primitive, without the need for customer numbers etc. Skates tried to rig the poll and if my memory is correct it was the Monaco strip they tried to lumber us with. I think there was a surge of voting on it, but the club discounted some of the late votes on it.

The winner was a conventional r/w striped kit.