2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

Just curious, but if Cortese did indeed hate stripes, why did he sign off on the shirt design for our Championship promotion season?

This is always a question that has bothered me. The obvious answer is that we had just had the sash and he hadn't given consideration to not wearing stripes regularly at the time. Also the shirt sales were a much more sizeable share of revenue with the poor tv revenues and he didn't want to mess with a money maker until we got to the Prem and interest went up significantly in casual fans.

It might also have been agreed with Markus long before, he passed on the previous season. Or just been necessary to revert to stripes in between non striped options to attempt to maximise revenue.

This is always a question that has bothered me. The obvious answer is that we had just had the sash and he hadn't given consideration to not wearing stripes regularly at the time. Also the shirt sales were a much more sizeable share of revenue with the poor tv revenues and he didn't want to mess with a money maker until we got to the Prem and interest went up significantly in casual fans.

It might also have been agreed with Markus long before, he passed on the previous season. Or just been necessary to revert to stripes in between non striped options to attempt to maximise revenue.

Swiss National colours innit? I understood at the time and from what little I could find out about the man that ML did indeed favour a plain red shirt.

(I realise your point was the other way, that ML signed off the stripes, just wondering if it might be that NC was, rather zealously, interpreting the wishes of his late friend and (our) benefactor?)

Interesting

Ooooh. Can I have a guess?

'Sublimated Hoops' !?!?!

pSMTNA-52785987_600_main_t360x450.jpg

But with white not blue. Like this:

_7740452.jpg

Which also solves the problem of who to model it if there's no players left.

Although that's a bit too dip dye and ombre. £uck it. I will find one. Graduated stripes. Very late nineties.

Edited by Polaroid Saint

Last season's home kit looked at home on a parks pitch as well as that red and yellow thing Cortese wanted.

It was a Rolls Royce compared to the Trabant I just saw a glimpse of. Really would be a huge embarrassment.

Lol you lot still at it!!

I'm happy to say that today is the day.

I'm super excited. I'm shouting, "Hooray!"

I woke up delighted and ready to go.

My mind is abuzz and my eyes are aglow.

There's no doubt about it. It's perfectly clear.

The time is upon us. The moment is here.

Hahaha :)

Lol you lot still at it!!

I'm happy to say that today is the day.

I'm super excited. I'm shouting, "Hooray!"

I woke up delighted and ready to go.

My mind is abuzz and my eyes are aglow.

There's no doubt about it. It's perfectly clear.

The time is upon us. The moment is here.

We're being kitted out by the Cat in the Hat?....

Puma offered to help Saints out of this mire apparently early in the year ( they have a growing presence here in the South , and have sorted out the mess at the Ageas Bowl )

and were told "its too late this year we have already committed to a mickey mouse outfit" .... this would suggest that it was not a "club" decision to dump adidas with no plan B other than to try to market beach tat in the cub shops for a season...

Shame we've gone back to stripes, just doesn't look as smart. I'd agree with MLG as well about it looking better with white socks.

Saying that though, it's infinitely better than last years kit and I must admit to being pleasently suprised :D

I like it, would prefer white socks though.

I'd guess those socks and shorts may have been originally to go with (as suggested) the ditched Cortese design we were treated to last night. It could be why the delay as the shirt has a last minute redesign.

Good move by the club to 'reveal' what could have been just before lifting everyone's spirits today with red and white stripes...even the one's who didn't want red and white stripes!