2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

I love the new kit!

Only negative I have about it is the sponsor logo being blocked out in black so much, in the V and the H in particular, if that makes sense.

Already mentioned this - I like it as there's no other black on the kit - in practical terms it also means there are no dangling loose thin letters to unstick and/or fall off. Also, the block of black prevents the white lettering being outlined on a white background.

The only things I don't really like are the complete absence of the Saints Apparel (or any other) logo to give it balance, and the lack of black trim.

Loads of people won't buy it if its poor quality ,,,, they are not snobs or poor fans , they are just savvy. Our shirt is more expensive than the Bayern Munich shirt .... thats absurd. But good luck to the club , if there are enough people out there who don't care about value in that sense then they have priced it well. It looks nice [ not fabulous , not horrendous ] so at least thats a start...

Either you like the shirt or don't! Whether you're going to buy it or not is a completely different kettle of fish...

People not buying it because it isn't Adidas or Puma or Nike is wrong IMHO...

I like the shirt, I think as above the logo is well done, without the black the letters could be lost on the white stripes. Being a "plastic", I only started watching Saints when the got promoted to the top flight for the first time in 1966, I also like the black shorts, it was what we wore in those days. The socks will take some getting used to mind.

What could have been if Adidas were still on board and went with stripes. Hideous.

BrqL-__CYAEchuI.jpg

Pretty naff design. Club badge far too low. Ridiculously cheap looking panel sponsor.

Basically, utterly sh*t.

Good Lord. I think I'll take a risk buying this year's home brand shirt rather than wait for adidas to royally f**k up next year's.

Its awful. Not the stripes (I won't be wearing it down Wallsend High Street) but the naffness of homemade shirts.

I thought those days of (S) were over when we left The Dell.

We finished 8th in PL FFS ! Our media profile has never been so high. Who were aap3 ? Who are weho or whatever ?

We should have big name Sponsors and big name manufacturers bidding for the contracts...

Unless I'm missing something and we are pricing ourselves too high.

Although I'm not terribly fussed by who makes the shirts and who sponsors us, so long as it's not some loan shark, you do have to wonder how much revenue has been brought in. Completely different market I know, but United are about to get £600m over ten years from nike or Adidas or Warrior. One things for sure we won't be getting income from the shirt manufacturer, who in all intents and purposes are another sponsor. We are effectively a sponsor light. Maybe that money could have replaced the hike in season ticket prices?

Veho are a decent company with southampton fans at the helm by the way. Good firm to promote in my eyes.

have handled one.... its not as good as Umbro/Nike/Puma/Adidas weave... as I suspected the shoulder material is completely different and it makes the shirt seams look dodgy,,,, possibly because its a cheap shirt and there is not a taped under-seam. It will do ,,, but its not a masterpiece imo....

have handled one.... its not as good as Umbro/Nike/Puma/Adidas weave... as I suspected the shoulder material is completely different and it makes the shirt seams look dodgy,,,, possibly because its a cheap shirt and there is not a taped under-seam. It will do ,,, but its not a masterpiece imo....

Tell that to all the people with the stitching falling off last season's kit.

Bump....Anybody know when new home shirt can be ordered online? Press release states it will be available to order online but nothing on the club online shop site as yet. Since release is this Saturday they seem to be cutting it a bit fine.

Asked the question on Twitter as desperately wanted by 3 boys in Devon. Told by official club tweeter it'll be on sale online this Saturday, once available in the shops and no pre order available for release day delivery..

Asked the question on Twitter as desperately wanted by 3 boys in Devon. Told by official club tweeter it'll be on sale online this Saturday, once available in the shops and no pre order available for release day delivery..

Thanks ChudSaint - much appreciated. Bit irritating that it can't be ordered for delivery on the day (not your fault, clearly!).

I like the shirt, I think as above the logo is well done, without the black the letters could be lost on the white stripes. Being a "plastic", I only started watching Saints when the got promoted to the top flight for the first time in 1966, I also like the black shorts, it was what we wore in those days. The socks will take some getting used to mind.

Red socks with one white hoop, two white hoops for the skipper. I loved those socks. :)

In case its been missed:

Sunderland - home shirt by Adidas

New-Sunderland-14-15-Home-Kit+(1).jpg

Note the contrast clours including beige/brown whatever you want to call it.

And WBA home by Adidas confirmed as:

West-Bromwich-14-15-Home-Kit+(1).jpg

I think we've had a lucky escape.

Interesting to see that the new Newcastle home shirt (top left here) seems to be the same design as the rumoured shirt Gemmel mentioned a while back. Maybe someone got a glimpse of a Puma sample? Newcastle-United-14-15-Home-Kit+(2).jpg

Noticed a different yellow GK kit was worn last night, presumably the one used with the away kit because it has MUVI as the sponsor. not seen pics of it before but you can see it (albeit not very clearly) in photos 15 and 41 in this gallery:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/15072014-gallery-ehc-hoensbroek-0-4-southampton-1761673.aspx

Yeah, looks like the green with red for home, and yellow with black for the away. Will see if they have alternate versions with the away sponsor on the home GK kit and vice versa for opponent/opposing keeper/ref clashes or if they just go with different sponsors on the keeper kit to the outfielders (which I'm pretty sure is against Prem regulations).

Hopefully they'll be on sale too (may not buy them, just like to have the option to), maybe the trim on the away kit is navy and they'll use the yellow keeper kit as alternate outfielder away shorts and socks too.

Edited by The9

That training kit is embarrassingly cheap looking. You can almost hear the friction when they run. Fire risk. And Koeman looks like he's wearing a bin bag. Roll on next season and Adidas

That training kit is embarrassingly cheap looking. You can almost hear the friction when they run. Fire risk. And Koeman looks like he's wearing a bin bag. Roll on next season and Adidas

Or you could wait and actually see it in person. No training kit is going to look good on a fat bloke.

Anyone got insight into the sizes for kids? Last season's Youth Medium was miles too small for my averagely sized 12 year old. Word seems to be these are tight fitting in the adult size.

Edited by tpbury
sp

Yeah, looks like the green with red for home, and yellow with black for the away. Will see if they have alternate versions with the away sponsor on the home GK kit and vice versa for opponent/opposing keeper/ref clashes or if they just go with different sponsors on the keeper kit to the outfielders (which I'm pretty sure is against Prem regulations).

Hopefully they'll be on sale too (may not buy them, just like to have the option to), maybe the trim on the away kit is navy and they'll use the yellow keeper kit as alternate outfielder away shorts and socks too.

This is indeed the case. 3 keeper kits with alternative sponsor logos depending on clashes with opponent/opposing keeper/ref.

Not 100% sure if the 3rd keeper kit will be on sale. IMO its the best one !

This is indeed the case. 3 keeper kits with alternative sponsor logos depending on clashes with opponent/opposing keeper/ref.

Not 100% sure if the 3rd keeper kit will be on sale. IMO its the best one !

What's the 3rd one? I've only seen the Green home and Yellow away

It looks awful on the players too

I think it looks pretty decent - the white/yellow top with the grey shorts doesn't really work, but the t-hirt on it's own looks good, and the grey top with the grey shorts/socks combination looks good too. I think the main problem is that there's not quite enough grey on the white/yellow shirt and not enough white/yellow on the grey stuff to pull it all together, but the fit looks good.

I'm surprised we don't have Veho and MUVI logos on the training kit though.

Would come as no surprise if a third away shirt isn't needed at some stage during the season. If not 'needed', then launched for another earner.

I've been looking and I think we can actually wear either home or away without problems in every match this season - though QPR and Palace will be a little bit clashy.

Though Prem regulations don't ask for it (though League Cup and FA Cup rules do), I'd be very surprised if we didn't wear some kind of alternate shorts and probably socks combinations with the appropriate kits this season to avoid general clashes.

201415-kit-launch148-1716309_478x359.pngSouthampton-14-15-Away-Kit+(0).jpg

Palace are in red/blue stripes again next season with blue shorts and socks, bit tricky with all the red on the home and the blue on our away...

PalaceKits.jpg

I have no idea which kit Swansea will wear at St Mary's though, all white home, black/red halved away... probably the home kit as we have red socks this season.

QPR have a black/red striped away and all white third so I think they could probably get away with all white to play us too, we could actually wear either kit up there despite both sides having a lot of white on the shirts.

QPR.jpg

Edited by The9

I guess it'll also be a question whether we can wear the navy away shorts/socks against Sunderland, who have black shorts/socks with their home kit.

I can see us breaking out some yellow shorts/socks as mentioned above. We at least know they exist as the away keeper kit is yellow.