2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

So who has got theirs and put a selfie on twitter/Facebook?

What name did you get on the back?

I'm hearing they are small sizes and being recommended to go up 2 sizes, fitted and no room round the middle! Bad luck Alps XXXXXXL for you sunshine.

Edited by Turkish

So who has for theirs and our a selfie on twitter/Facebook?

What name did you get on the back?

I'm hearing they are small sizes and being recommended to go up 2 sizes! Bad luck Alps XXXXXXL for you sunshine.

Bs5TOF4CAAEPTfy.jpg

Bs5UJ99CcAARajX.jpg

Bs5dRhqCAAATCaj.jpg

Lots of selfies rolling in on Twitter.

Lots of people queuing up at the megastore since 6am. Lots of weirdo's in the world.

I ordered the kit this morning online, Rodriguez 9 on the back... could be a big waste of £65 if he doesn't retain his number for some reason / leaves!

Bs5TOF4CAAEPTfy.jpg

Bs5UJ99CcAARajX.jpg

Bs5dRhqCAAATCaj.jpg

Lots of selfies rolling in on Twitter.

Lots of people queuing up at the megastore since 6am. Lots of weirdo's in the world.

I ordered the kit this morning online, Rodriguez 9 on the back... could be a big waste of £65 if he doesn't retain his number for some reason / leaves!

£65 for a football shirt is madness.

Going to buy some of the training gear online cause I think it looks class and I might be one of the few people near me who'd wear it. Might wait for the away kit to go on sale though, not least because it MIGHT be more flattering/slimming/conspicuous.

The away is potentially more flattering, but be warned against horizontal stripes if you want something slimming (fashion fact).

I cancelled my online order just before hitting the purchase button, and instead I am going to make the two hour journey to the stadium store so I can check out the refit too.

Lawdy, just realised how ****ish all that sounds, sorry.

Do like the shirt, quite comfortable but yes, echoing the previous comments about the fit, I've gone a size up to XL to let it fit properly. It is loose at the shoulders but tight around the waist, regardless of how well proportioned you may be.

It was as if I was looking in a mirror. However, as folks have said, sizes are way out. I'm using XXL, had to go to 5XL (the largest). As you can see, pretty long in the sleeves and overall shirt.

Feel sorry for those that are going to be buying this online - there'll be loads and loads of returns.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1270&d=1405776918

It was as if I was looking in a mirror. However, as folks have said, sizes are way out. I'm using XXL, had to go to 5XL (the largest). As you can see, pretty long in the sleeves and overall shirt.

Feel sorry for those that are going to be buying this online - there'll be loads and loads of returns.

That's the short sleeved one? Holy sh*t those sleeves are long. If I'm normally XL I'm assuming I have to go to 3X per your experience? Anyone else normally an XL?

Purely a personal view, but I thought last year's kit made us look more professional. Going back to stripes seems to be a retrograde step.

Couldn't agree more. Too bad a number of our fans kicked up such a fuss. Preferred the professional look of the solid colour kit and monotone badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. Too bad a number of our fans kicked up such a fuss. Preferred the professional look of the solid colour kit and monotone badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the flip side, I felt the kit last year was utterly dull, the monotone badge looked very cheap and was completely unrepresentative of our club's identity.

Delighted to see the back of it and pleased to see us back in the colours which preceeded even the club's badge as our very identity.

No denying that there will be people who liked the change. In every poll ever done on the subject it has been a minority view though, not wishing to denigrate your opinion but the figures do not lie.

Purely a personal view, but I thought last year's kit made us look more professional. Going back to stripes seems to be a retrograde step.

It made us look like a pub team being we were wearing an off the shelf template design any Sunday league club in Britain could buy.

Which of these clubs looks "more professional" in your eyes?

Porto vs Portsmouth

Juventus vs MK Dons

Atletico Madrid vs Swindon Town

Barcelona vs Burnley

Ajax vs Bristol City

and so on...

That's the short sleeved one? Holy sh*t those sleeves are long. If I'm normally XL I'm assuming I have to go to 3X per your experience? Anyone else normally an XL?

I'm a medium, so if I was going to waste £50 on a shirt at least I wouldn't have to worry about what size to get - unlike all the fatties on here.

I'm not sure there's a massive discrepancy with last year's sizes. In 2013-14 I wore a Small home shirt and was gifted the away in a Medium (Megastore staff apparently advised it came up a size smaller).

I picked up a Medium 2014-15 shirt today and that seems to fit OK, just similar to last season's away in that it's a pretty skinny cut. Sort of expected as there's always slight variations when moving from one manufacturer to another.

For those that care, this is the lot that the club's sourcing the kit from, albeit 'white label'.

http://lbjsportsapparel.co.uk

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50857-Do-You-Like-the-new-kit-(2014-15-unbranded)#.U8t2MBlwbqA

Last year's 19% liked (9% said they liked and would buy), this year's 87% liked, 44% said they liked and would buy. Tells you all you need to know about the relative popularity of the designs, especially given that Adidas themselves are "popular" and even that couldn't make last year's shirt likeable for the vast majority.

Haven't got mine yet due to being in Preston at Worldnet 2014, but will definitely be trying them on.

Also, Tractorsaint doesn't look like a 3XL in that pic, is he hiding some bulk round the front? ;)

The only things I don't like are the absence of any logo (for design balance and to meet expectations) and the minimal amount of black. Design wise I like it quite a lot. It doesn't look "cheap", it looks professional, if it didn't have any detailed design such as the lines in the stripes it might look "cheap". The use of the multistripe motif in the weave of the navy away is a nice feature too.

Can't be bothered to read through but what is the quality like for those who have purchased?

Its pretty good. I didnt bother with that Adidas abomination last year but comparing it with the previous Umbro shirts its a bit thinner material. The stitching, for those that worry about that sort of thing is fine, nothing wonderful but not ragged either. It looks better in person than in photos I think.

The only thing is the sizes. You will definitely need to upscale one size from what you are used to unless you are built like a bean pole. A lady trying one on in West Quay was, much to the amusement of her husband, having to go two sizes up from normal.

I usually prefer long sleeves but as I have had to go two sizes up the long sleeves come down to my fingers virtually so short sleeves it is.

Do like the shirt, quite comfortable but yes, echoing the previous comments about the fit, I've gone a size up to XL to let it fit properly. It is loose at the shoulders but tight around the waist, regardless of how well proportioned you may be.

Me too. Still quite snug round the middle... I guess that puts me in the 'fatties' category.

Its pretty good. I didnt bother with that Adidas abomination last year but comparing it with the previous Umbro shirts its a bit thinner material. The stitching, for those that worry about that sort of thing is fine, nothing wonderful but not ragged either. It looks better in person than in photos I think.

The only thing is the sizes. You will definitely need to upscale one size from what you are used to unless you are built like a bean pole. A lady trying one on in West Quay was, much to the amusement of her husband, having to go two sizes up from normal.

I usually prefer long sleeves but as I have had to go two sizes up the long sleeves come down to my fingers virtually so short sleeves it is.

I didn't think it was possible for a shirt to be thinner than last season's adidas home. The away at least felt like it had a bit more solidity to it. The Umbro sash shirt was a decent thickness and felt like the best quality of anything we've had recently, the Championship shirt was "normal" (I just spent a weekend wearing a couple of them) but still felt thicker than last season's home.

Haven't got the new one yet, will pop down in the next couple of weeks to try some on.

classic