2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

Clever PR. Leak a god-awful kit and then release one that's marginally (OK, quite a lot) better. Still looks a bit cheapo to me and the expressions on the faces of our three remaining players in the kit speak volumes. Rodriguez looks like he can't wait to get out of it. Won't be buying. Looking forward to decent kit next year. Let's get some decent players to put in it now.

Strange that, as Rodriguez has tweeted about how much he likes it. In a preseason where none of the players have committed to even playing for the club, I'd say that was a pretty big deal.

Edited by The9

Clever PR. Leak a god-awful kit and then release one that's marginally (OK, quite a lot) better. Still looks a bit cheapo to me and the expressions on the faces of our three remaining players in the kit speak volumes. Rodriguez looks like he can't wait to get out of it. Won't be buying. Looking forward to decent kit next year. Let's get some decent players to put in it now.

J-Rod has already tweeted that he loves the kit. Sounds promising to me.

Do we have any evidence that Cortese really wanted the golden arches, or is this just a superb piece of moustache twirling villainy from the new board?

Things I will accept as proof:-

1) Cortese and his entire family attending an opera in this kit, in full kit wánker mode.

2) A statement from the man himself, saying something along the lines of "this kit (and Swedish made penis enlargers) is really my bag, baby"

3) Any sort of official purchase order coming from the club with NC's signature ( preferably with "this kit is the bladdy shít!" scrawled in the margins ).

**** me, there's always one isn't there.

Funnily enough Jay has tweeted this morning "Love the new kit, what do you guys think? #thestripesareback" so, is he just spouting pr guff in your opinion? LOL

Funnily enough Jay has tweeted this morning "Love the new kit, what do you guys think? #thestripesareback" so, is he just spouting pr guff in your opinion? LOL

I'm very glad he likes it and that so many others do

Doesnt look too bad, bit disappointed the club has giving in to the stripe whining, however. Would rather have a good team in a red kit, if given a choice.

No doubt going back to the stripes gave the club another opportuinty to pop at NC.

My main concern however, being superstitious, is that this kit looks almost identical to our 2005 PL relegation kit........

Don't usually get on board with Alpine bashing but he just eeks it out of you doesn't he?

If the red was NC's attempt at getting us recognised in Asia, it was laughable from the outset and to believe the current squad is going to be affected by something that occurred nigh on ten years ago just because they're wearing something similar is, well, beyond a joke.

Brr6JL1IUAAcR7g.jpg:large

Brr6JtTIAAAxqv8.jpg:large

Brr6I5AIgAA1Yt6.jpg:large

Brr6JoeIgAATQ6N.jpg:large

Happy with the Kit. Sad the kit thread is nearly over.

Diagonal Shadow Stripes on the Red Stripes next to White Stripes on a predominantly red kit.

Horizontal Striped socks.

It is Stripes Stripes Stripes all the way now innit?!

Nothing wrong with that Kit at all. I agree with The9 that some attempt at a logo on the right breast (saints apparel S) would have 'balanced' it better (badge in centre looks odd on anything but very broad stripes).

Honestly, these close up pics suggest a good quality garment.

Hurrah!

It is unfortunate that stripes return coincides with a grand sell off. It's partly Sunderland and Stoke's fault in recent years, but I do associate stripes with being rubbish.

You're getting a bit moany lately Adrian. Not as bad as Crab Lungs, but you're heading in that direction. Rather than thinking of Sunderland and Stoke, try some of the successful teams who wear stripes. Atletico Madrid for example, or Barcelona.

It looks like the kit is quite well fitted as well, which is something else you've been whinging about.....

Pleased, nay delighted the stripes are back, should never have gone away.

Love to see navy blue shorts a la pre-war, but can't see that ever happening.

Now we just need some players to put into the new kit, it's a worry we are struggling to land two players from the Dutch league.

At the end of the day it's the players not the kit that will keep us up.

Now we just need some players to put into the new kit, it's a worry we are struggling to land two players from the Dutch league.

That's my one bug bear - I'm not fussed about kits, but I hate black shorts. Navy shorts would be great, failing that, red.

:D :D :D

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley 7m

Great to see all the positive feedback on the new shirt, I've just got my hands on one... #TheStripesAreBack

BrsHfhmCQAAp41Y.jpg

Some people on here wont see the funny side to this. However I think its quality. :lol:

The only reason I believe we are struggling to sign them is that the football world now knows we are minted so want inflated fees/wages.

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley 7m

Great to see all the positive feedback on the new shirt, I've just got my hands on one... #TheStripesAreBack

BrsHfhmCQAAp41Y.jpg

kayM4dU.jpg

Same floor and style of shoe, do we know if the yellow and red kit came from Jordan Sibley, too? :suspicious: Would suggest it was in contention at some point!

Very much so.

Fascinating. If truth be told, I am finding it a little hard to believe that someone could be so petty or vindictive. Or am I reading it wrong, and that he is a fan of McDonalds and thought they actually looked good. How far along production did it get, and did it cost us?

kayM4dU.jpg

Same floor and style of shoe, do we know if the yellow and red kit came from Jordan Sibley, too? :suspicious: Would suggest it was in contention at some point!

Feck off, Sibley's floor is proper laminate, the original is on a laminate looking vinyl floor.

Sibley's shoes are black, the original's are brown.

Sibley is taking the piss is all, no Pap theories to see here..

Will be interesting to hear some feedback on the quality, I'm pleased the stripes are back but all our previous in house kits have been horrible material and finish if it's another one of those then I'm out and I feel sorry for the players who will have to wear it! Please can we have a real brand back next season it was nice to have quality kit for a few years.

The missus has just gone through the gallery on the OS and absolutely LOVES the socks. I mean REALLY LOVES them.

Seriously, she's having a fashion moment! Wants them for wearing with Roller Boots.

So, there you go. We might be sad blokes into shirts, but the female footy fan can always take it one step further!

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

It is amazing isn't it. I like the fact that he, or whoever he told to do it, came up with the perfect ratio of awful to potentially passable. It's right on the cusp of 'no way they'd go with that'. So bad.

The yellow armpits look like sweat stains.

Very happy with the new kit. My son will love it (I only buy it for him these days). He gets some proper looks up here in Manchester and a lot of people didn't associate last years kit with us at all.

This year there will be no doubt.. Well from a distance it'll be us, Sunderland or stoke I suppose :-)

Defo has a hint of the continent about it. As some one else said Dutch or Spanish flavour.

I know he's injured, but J-Rod looks a little porky in that picture, definitely skipping this one for myself. However, 100% for the lad, I think he'd struggle to understand the stripes if he hadn't watched so many Le Tiss vids.

Also as Southampton manager in FIFA, he had no hesitation in offloading almost the entire squad for better players, despite hero worshipping them in real life (think Sharp is the only one remaining as bench warmer). Now his team has won everything, even on hard setting, he assures me!

The 'Keegan era' would have been my preference , but am happy to see a Saints looking shirt again after the last two seasons, and am pleased with this after some of the abortions mooted on here.

Reminds me of the Graham Le Saux , Beattie era strip ....trying to find photos to check

Yes, the red sleeves are reminiscent of 2003-5.

The 'Keegan era' would have been my preference , but am happy to see a Saints looking shirt again after the last two seasons, and am pleased with this after some of the abortions mooted

Yes, the red sleeves are reminiscent of 2003-5.

The relegation kit.