Malaysia Airlines plane missing

melmacian_saint

I can believe the bit about US intelligence leading Malaysia in the right direction in careful steps... but then again a country such as the US is clearly going to have greater resources available to it, in terms of satellite imagery and other intelligence, so frankly it shouldn't matter where the info comes from. Everyone should hopefully just be grateful for anything that helps find it. Just a shame that they need to do it this way, probably due to the attention from China...

I can believe the bit about US intelligence leading Malaysia in the right direction in careful steps... but then again a country such as the US is clearly going to have greater resources available to it, in terms of satellite imagery and other intelligence, so frankly it shouldn't matter where the info comes from. Everyone should hopefully just be grateful for anything that helps find it. Just a shame that they need to do it this way, probably due to the attention from China...

Agree completely. But the various governments in place aren't going to willingly demonstrate just how good (or otherwise) their surveillance tech is.

I'd image Malaysia are very keen to put a positive spin on the new info (in their favour) given that it may well have overflown their whole airspace without being spotted!

Incidentally the Professional Pilots Rumour Network site mentioned earlier in this thread is making for some fascinating reading.

I thought Diego Garcia was one of ours

the island is british, the US base there is enormous, probably one of the biggest outside the US and Hawaii, a very sensitive place

used for all sorts of strange things that " don't happen". In fact there are already a few conspiracy theories about that the plane was actually taken there for some reason or other. I can't be bothered to actually read them, leave that to Pap.

Edited by Window Cleaner

This one is for PAP

saw this post on facebook

The presence on board this flight of more than 20 employees of an American electronic warefare company may possibly have something to do with its disappearance. I don't believe it has simply fallen from the sky, I suspect that it has been diverted to somewhere, where the knowledge of these people can be harvested freely. Hence the 'confusion' from the media and the various governments involved.

err didn't they work for freescale??? Which as far as i'm aware is'nt an electronics warfare company.....

My theory for what it's worth......

Onboard explosion of some sort/depressurization. Knocks out comms to the ground; pilots drop altitude and head back to KL; pass out through lack of oxygen; plane keeps flying west until out of fuel.

They'll find it in the Indian Ocean. The Yanks know where it is right now; they are feeding info out to the press in a way that will prevent them clarifying how they know it, and help Malaysian officials regain some face.

Note the stuttered wording of the Malaysian press conference: new information; protecting our national security; working with partners. Balls. USA is proactively guiding them to the spot in the Indian Ocean.

Most feasible idea so far

Damn, I so liked the Stephen King Langoliers idea

This one is for PAP

saw this post on facebook

The presence on board this flight of more than 20 employees of an American electronic warefare company may possibly have something to do with its disappearance. I don't believe it has simply fallen from the sky, I suspect that it has been diverted to somewhere, where the knowledge of these people can be harvested freely. Hence the 'confusion' from the media and the various governments involved.

I haven't looked into any of this, tbh. Bigger things going on with Ukraine and the like. Sky News are reporting that the plane sent pings to satellites for five hours after ground control lost it, which suggests hijack and someone missing one of the reporting systems.

http://news.sky.com/story/1226217/plane-sent-signals-hours-after-contact-lost

the island is british, the US base there is enormous, probably one of the biggest outside the US and Hawaii, a very sensitive place

used for all sorts of strange things that " don't happen". In fact there are already a few conspiracy theories about that the plane was actually taken there for some reason or other. I can't be bothered to actually read them, leave that to Pap.

Haven't heard of them; what web-sites have you been visiting, exactly?

Camp justice was the name of the barracks used by the yanks during gulf war 2.

They may even still call it that today.

It's a great place. About 70p a pint and 80p for 20 ciggys if you smoke

This islands have an exclusion zone for civvy shipping and flights. Security of the islands belong to the Royal Navy/Royal Marines

Edited by Batman

The Advertiser

*** BREAKING NEWS - MALAYSIA AIRLINES PLANE WAS HIJACKED: OFFICIAL ***

Investigators have concluded that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was hijacked seven days ago. A Malaysian official who is involved in the investigation but refused to be named says no motive has been established but hijacking was no longer just a theory - "it is conclusive".

Your up early gingerletiss

Just woken up and hearing the news as well. That this plane has been hijacked or more to the point someone /some people on board turned off the communications systems . Scary

Could be Chinese separatists, the Iranian guys al Quieda et al .

If it has landed safely is this going to be a potential flying bomb ior some form of ransom demand for either the plane or the people on board .

What ever has happened it us bloody scary

Some days ago US sources (the CIA or NSA presumably) indicated that no increased level of electronic 'chatter' between known terrorists groups had been detected. This information, and the fact that no credible claim of responsibility has yet been made, strongly suggesting that Flight MH370 was not subject to some form of organised terror attack.

Therefore news breaking this morning that the aircraft's transponder and communication equipment was apparently deliberately disabled leaves us looking again at possible aircrew or passenger involvement in this mysterious disappearance/hijacking.

The idea that MH370 has been subject to what is effectively an act of air piracy and a ransom demand for the return of the passengers and aircraft can presumably be expected seems more like the plot of a (bad) Hollywood action film rather that any real world situation I can recognise.

The questions seem to be multiplying faster than the answers here.

Your up early gingerletiss

Just woken up and hearing the news as well. That this plane has been hijacked or more to the point someone /some people on board turned off the communications systems . Scary

Could be Chinese separatists, the Iranian guys al Quieda et al .

If it has landed safely is this going to be a potential flying bomb ior some form of ransom demand for either the plane or the people on board .

What ever has happened it us bloody scary

Australia, that's why.......

PM NAJIB RAZAK’S PRESS STATEMENT ON MH370 - 15th MARCH 2014

Seven days ago Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 disappeared. We realise this is an excruciating time for the families of those on board. No words can describe the pain they must be going through. Our thoughts and our prayers are with them.

I have been appraised of the on-going search operation round the clock. At the beginning of the operation, I ordered the search area to be broadened; I instructed the Malaysian authorities to share all relevant information freely and transparently with the wider investigation team; and I requested that our friends and allies join the operation. As of today, 14 countries, 43 ships and 58 aircraft are involved in the search. I wish to thank all the governments for their help at such a crucial time.

Since day one, the Malaysian authorities have worked hand-in-hand with our international partners – including neighbouring countries, the aviation authorities and a multinational search force – many of whom have been here on the ground since Sunday.

We have shared information in real time with authorities who have the necessary experience to interpret the data. We have been working nonstop to assist the investigation. And we have put our national security second to the search for the missing plane.

It is widely understood that this has been a situation without precedent.

We have conducted search operations over land, in the South China Sea, the Straits of Malacca, the Andaman Sea and the Indian Ocean. At every stage, we acted on the basis of verified information, and we followed every credible lead. Sometimes these leads have led nowhere.

There has been intense speculation. We understand the desperate need for information on behalf of the families and those watching around the world. But we have a responsibility to the investigation and the families to only release information that has been corroborated. And our primary motivation has always been to find the plane.

In the first phase of the search operation, we searched near MH370’s last known position, in the South China Sea. At the same time, it was brought to our attention by the Royal Malaysian Air Force that, based on their primary radar, an aircraft – the identity of which could not be confirmed – made a turn back. The primary radar data showed the aircraft proceeding on a flight path which took it to an area north of the Straits of Malacca.

Given this credible data, which was subsequently corroborated with the relevant international authorities, we expanded the area of search to include the Straits of Malacca and, later, to the Andaman Sea.

Early this morning I was briefed by the investigation team – which includes the FAA, NTSB, the AAIB, the Malaysian authorities and the Acting Minister of Transport – on new information that sheds further light on what happened to MH370.

Based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the East coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off.

From this point onwards, the Royal Malaysian Air Force primary radar showed that an aircraft which was believed – but not confirmed – to be MH370 did indeed turn back. It then flew in a westerly direction back over peninsular Malaysia before turning northwest. Up until the point at which it left military primary radar coverage, these movements are consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.

Today, based on raw satellite data that was obtained from the satellite data service provider, we can confirm that the aircraft shown in the primary radar data was flight MH370. After much forensic work and deliberation, the FAA, NTSB, AAIB and the Malaysian authorities, working separately on the same data, concur.

According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8:11AM Malaysian time on Saturday 8th March. The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact. This will help us to refine the search.

Due to the type of satellite data, we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.

However, based on this new data, the aviation authorities of Malaysia and their international counterparts have determined that the plane’s last communication with the satellite was in one of two possible corridors: a northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian ocean. The investigation team is working to further refine the information.

In view of this latest development the Malaysian authorities have refocused their investigation into the crew and passengers on board. Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path.

This new satellite information has a significant impact on the nature and scope of the search operation. We are ending our operations in the South China Sea and reassessing the redeployment of our assets. We are working with the relevant countries to request all information relevant to the search, including radar data.

As the two new corridors involve many countries, the relevant foreign embassies have been invited to a briefing on the new information today by the Malaysian Foreign Ministry and the technical experts. I have also instructed the Foreign Ministry to provide a full briefing to foreign governments which had passengers on the plane. This morning, Malaysia Airlines has been informing the families of the passengers and crew of these new developments.

Clearly, the search for MH370 has entered a new phase. Over the last seven days, we have followed every lead and looked into every possibility. For the families and friends of those involved, we hope this new information brings us one step closer to finding the plane.

ENDS

Based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the East coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off.

So this event started before the last communication between the pilot and Malaysian ATC when the pilot reported no problems.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226855485378

........Meanwhile an extraordinary claim has suggested the jetliner may have flown off the west coast of Australia.

Regarding the Australian connection, a source cited by Bloomberg news agency, said the last satellite transmission from the airliner has been traced to the Indian Ocean off Australia, somewhere to the west of Perth.......

I'll keep a look out for it!

amazing how in the age of 'big brother' that a Boeing 777 can just disappear

Maybe the Americans (for example) do know where it is but can't/won't overtly reveal so because it would reveal the nature of their 'secret' surveillance systems?

If I was the American government I'd have colluded with Boeing a long time ago to install 'secret' tracking devices in every plane...

Edited by trousers

err didn't they work for freescale??? Which as far as i'm aware is'nt an electronics warfare company.....

Nope, but they make chips that go into vehicles, some for remote control.

Probably a coincidence, but at the same time, a mistake to say there is no potential overlap between what Freescale does and what happened to the plane.

Nope, but they make chips that go into vehicles, some for remote control.

Probably a coincidence, but at the same time, a mistake to say there is no potential overlap between what Freescale does and what happened to the plane.

Maybe it was a joint false flag operation by the US and Israeli secret services? They could have used the same plane flying robots as in 9/11 and tried to pin it on the two Iranians in the hope of dragging China into the war on terror so they can invade Syria.

It all adds up now.

Maybe it was a joint false flag operation by the US and Israeli secret services? They could have used the same plane flying robots as in 9/11 and tried to pin it on the two Iranians in the hope of dragging China into the war on terror so they can invade Syria.

It all adds up now.

I don't know.

An alternate theory is that it was a tiresome c**t doing a third-rate impression of one of SaintsWeb's intelligent posters. Ain't entertaining that forever, though.

So if I have this right primary radar simply detects there's something up there in that direction.

Secondary radar , satellites and any other "receiver" can spot where something is but relies on information transmitted from the plane to identify which actual plane it is as opposed to an unidentified lump of metal up in the sky. Is that correct?

If it is, next question, can those signals be duplicated and/or can the units transmitting those signals still transmit if not still attached to the plane.? Thinking along the lines of typical hollywood spy thriller when the tracking device is found and attached to a different vehicle, deliberately sending the searchers off in the wrong direction.

Maybe the Americans (for example) do know where it is but can't/won't overtly reveal so because it would reveal the nature of their 'secret' surveillance systems?

If I was the American government I'd have colluded with Boeing a long time ago to install 'secret' tracking devices in every plane...

Secret surveillance system ? It's just one of their see all, know all satellites, probably the one that watches over Diego Garcia, looks like it from the little map on the news reports. Don't thnk the yanks like UFOs, they might even have downed it if they didn't like the way it was heading.

Secret surveillance system ? It's just one of their see all, know all satellites, probably the one that watches over Diego Garcia, looks like it from the little map on the news reports. Don't thnk the yanks like UFOs, they might even have downed it if they didn't like the way it was heading.

The map they just showed live from KL helped make a bit more sense of this "Corridor" stuff.

Clearly a "Ping" was received by a Satellite and that gave them a distance. The map then looked like a normal Radar Plot - ie Circles indicating distance from the Satellite that (I guess) could be determined by the strength of the signal.

So what they now have are two arcs where the Ping & the fuel could position the plane some 6 hours after contact was lost. Interesting that the Northern line covers some of the area of China that is seeking independence and has seen some Terror activity of late.

Also the Malay Police are now searching the home of one of the Pilots.

Confusinger and Confusinger.

(It's on Diego Garcia of course, rendition and all that)

The map they just showed live from KL helped make a bit more sense of this "Corridor" stuff.

Clearly a "Ping" was received by a Satellite and that gave them a distance. The map then looked like a normal Radar Plot - ie Circles indicating distance from the Satellite that (I guess) could be determined by the strength of the signal.

So what they now have are two arcs where the Ping & the fuel could position the plane some 6 hours after contact was lost. Interesting that the Northern line covers some of the area of China that is seeking independence and has seen some Terror activity of late.

Also the Malay Police are now searching the home of one of the Pilots.

Confusinger and Confusinger.

(It's on Diego Garcia of course, rendition and all that)

You need to have a look at the deep web,Phil (don't click on anything that looks even remotely dodgy though) All this stuff has been spread about all week plus far more. There are some real nutters down in those dark places but there are also some people who "know stuff". I use Tor but if you ever think of going there you need the best anti everything software that money can buy.

WTF ?!?! Getting harder to tell the fantasy from the facts

RUSSIA SAYS "IT IS BEING KEPT IN DIEGO GARCIA BY US ARMY

A new report circulating in the Kremlin prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) experts remain “puzzled” as to why the United States Navy “captured and then diverted” a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll.

This report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama.

What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

Upon GRU “assests” confirming that this “highly suspicious” cargo was aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 on 8 March, this report notes, Moscow notified China’s Ministry of State Security (MSS) of their concerns and received “assurances” that “all measures” would be taken as to ascertain what was being kept so hidden when this aircraft entered into their airspace.

Prior to entering the People Liberation Army (PLA) protected zones of the South China Sea known as the Spratly Islands, this report continues, Flight 370 “significantly deviated” from its flight course and was tracked by VKO satellites and radar flying into the Indian Ocean region and completing its nearly 3,447 kilometer (2,142 miles) flight to Diego Garcia.

Critical to note about Flight 370’s flight deviation, GRU experts in this report say, was that it occurred during the same time period that all of the Spratly Island mobile phone communications operated by China Mobile were being jammed.

China Mobile, it should be noted, extended phone coverage in the Spratly Islands in 2011 so that PLA soldiers stationed on the islands, fishermen, and merchant vessels within the area would be able to use mobile services, and can also provide assistance during storms and sea rescues.

As to how the US Navy was able to divert Flight 370 to its Diego Garcia base, this report says, appears to have been accomplished remotely as this Boeing 777-200ER aircraft is equipped with a fly-by-wire (FBW) system that replaces the conventional manual flight controls of an aircraft with an electronic interface allowing it to be controlled like any drone-type aircraft.

However, this report notes, though this aircraft can be controlled remotely, the same cannot be said of its communication systems which can only be shut down manually; and in the case of Flight 370, its data reporting system was shut down at 1:07 a.m., followed by its transponder (which transmits location and altitude) which was shut down at 1:21 a.m.

What remains “perplexing” about this incident, GRU analysts in this report say, are why the American mainstream media outlets have yet to demand from the Obama regime the radar plots and satellite images of the Indian Ocean and South China Sea regions as the US military covers this entire area from Diego Garcia like no other seas in the world due to its vital shipping and air lanes.

http://cangurel82.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/russia-says-it-is-being-kept-in-diego.html

WTF ?!?! Getting harder to tell the fantasy from the facts

http://cangurel82.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/russia-says-it-is-being-kept-in-diego.html

Only 2 Seals, you know straight away that that's a crock then, Seals operate in teams not in pairs.43 and 44 is pushing the age limit for Seals as well. Ex Seals maybe.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Fascinating story this.

Sp perhaps the presence of the 20 or so communications specialists on the flight is relevant. Read something a few days ago about perhaps there being an interesting cargo onboard.

Fascinating story this.

Sp perhaps the presence of the 20 or so communications specialists on the flight is relevant. Read something a few days ago about perhaps there being an interesting cargo onboard.

don't get confused by people tacking known events together to make a Tom Clancy novel out of them.

Here's the rub on the 2 EX Seals, anyone who knew what they are talking about would know that these 2 blokes were private security guards and not serving seals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/world/africa/dead-guards-on-freighter-are-identified-as-former-navy-seal-members.html?_r=0

However Trident is probably one of these nebulous organisations that can only exist in the US, you can't rule out it being

a sub governmental organisation for some operations.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Hmm... the Russians have invaded Crimea, Ukraine turning to the west to get them out and the Russians come up with the Americans being responsible for the disappearance of MH370... not sure I'll go with that one just at the moment (not that I wouldn't put it past the Americans).

That said, should we read anything into the fact that the freighter was registered in Norfolk - assuming that's Norfolk, Virginia, is that not where the US navy is based? How much commercial shipping goes through there as well?

Did pilot hijack missing plane HIMSELF in anti-government protest? Fears over Captain Shah's links to Malaysian opposition. The father-of-three was a fervent support of Anwar Ibrahim - jailed for homosexuality only hours before flight MH370 disappeared

Full article plus 634 possible air strips where the plane could have landed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-fears-over-3247649

SLIDER-Malaysia-missing-flight-MH370-3245895.jpg

Further new information in articles in the Mail on Sunday and The Telegraph confirm the pilot was a strong supporter of the opposition leader jailed. The pilot attended the tril hours before the flight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581817/Doomed-airliner-pilot-political-fanatic-Hours-taking-control-flight-MH370-attended-trial-jailed-opposition-leader-sodomite.html

The stereotypical 'sinister US conspiracy' theory smells strongly of bullsh1t to me while what we might call the 'deranged pilot' scenario seems to fit in with the (few) known facts of the matter.

Perhaps the pilot attempted to effectively 'hijack' his own flight in order to make a political protest of sorts and after some hours in control either the 777 ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea, or others on-board the airliner finally managed to break into the cockpit and the airliner crashed while they fought for control - as per what is widely suspected to have occurred aboard United Flight 93 during the 9-11 event.

We may never know the truth unless and until the aircraft is located and the relevant Flight Data and Cockpit Voice Recorders are examined.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

Uh oh.

Evidence of a plot by Malaysian Islamists to hijack a passenger jet in a 9/11-style attack is being investigated in connection with the disappearance of Flight MH370 An al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that four to five Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door.

Security experts said the evidence from a convicted British terrorist was “credible”. The supergrass said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists – one of whom was a pilot – in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.........

........ In evidence in a court case last Tuesday, Saajid Badat, a British-born Muslim from Gloucester, said that he had been instructed at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan to give a shoe bomb to the Malaysians. Giving evidence at the trial in New York of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, Osama bin Laden’s son-in-law, Badat said: “I gave one of my shoes to the Malaysians. I think it was to access the cockpit.”

Badat, who spoke via video link and is in hiding in the UK, said the Malaysian plot was being masterminded by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the principal architect of 9/11.

According to Badat, Mohammed kept a list of the world’s tallest buildings and crossed out New York’s Twin Towers after the September 11, 2001 attacks with hijacked airliners as “a joke to make us laugh”.

Badat told the court last week that he believed the Malaysians, including the pilot, were “ready to perform an act.”

During the meeting, the possibility was raised that the cockpit door might be locked. Badat told the court: “So I said, 'How about I give you one of my bombs to open a cockpit door?’ ”

The disclosure that Malaysians were plotting a 9/11-style attack raises the prospect that both pilots were overpowered and the plane intended for use as a fuel-filled bomb. One possible target, if the scenario is correct, will have been the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, a symbol of Malaysia’s modernity and the world’s tallest buildings from 1998 until 2004.

Flight MH370 had been heading away from Kuala Lumpur over the South China Sea when it disappeared off civilian radar screens.

Satellites have tracked it returning towards land.

Badat, who was jailed for 13 years in 2005 for his part in a conspiracy with the “shoe bomber” Richard Reid to blow up a transatlantic jet, had given similar evidence in 2012.

In other words, his claims were first made long before the disappearance of Flight MH370.

In the earlier case, during the trial of Adis Medunjanin, an American who was later convicted of conspiring to blow up New York subways, Badat told prosecutors of the Malaysian shoe bomb plot.

Asked what he knew of the Malaysian group, he replied: “I learnt that they had a group, uh, ready to perform a similar hijacking to 9/11.”

Asked if he helped them, he said: “I provided them with one of my shoes because both had been, uh, both had explosives inserted into them.”

Prof Anthony Glees, director of the University of Buckingham’s Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies, said the prospect of an Islamist plot offered one explanation for why the Malaysian authorities “have not been telling us the whole truth”.

Prof Glees said: “I believed this was a hijacking as soon as we were told that the plane had altered its flight path.

“Evidence that it turned back to Malaysia means that this could easily have been a Malaysian Islamist plot to turn the plane into a 9/11-style bomb to fly it into a building in Kuala Lumpur.

“Now we know there is evidence of a Malaysian terror cell with ambitions to carry out such an attack and so this makes it even more credible.”

Prof Glees added: “Islamist terrorists in Malaysia present the country with a really serious political problem. The global repercussions of another 9/11 attack, including grounded aircraft and stock markets crashes, is something no government would want to face.”

James Healy-Pratt, head of aviation at Stuarts Law solicitors, said the lack of information from Malaysian authorities was in stark contrast to the reaction of French officials when an Air France plane – whose black box was not recovered for two years – crashed in the Atlantic in 2009. The lack of information suggested Malaysian authorities may have something to hide.

Mr Healy-Pratt, who represented 50 families in the Air France crash, said: “Compared to Air France there has been very little information given out. Serious questions need to be asked about how this has taken a week to get so little information. If it is terrorism that will have an effect on the Malaysian stock market and local economy.”

Last May, two Malaysian men were arrested for links to al-Qaeda and charged with joining the Tanzim al-Qaeda Malaysia group. In a separate incident two other men from Malaysia were held in Lebanon as they allegedly tried to cross into Syria to join Islamist extremists fighting the Assad regime.

In 2001 Yazid Sufaat, a biochemist and former army captain, was imprisoned for seven years under internal security laws on suspicion of being part of the Jemaah Islamiah network, the terrorist organisation behind a series of bombings in south east Asia including the Bali nightclub massacre in which 202 people were killed in 2002.

Yazid, who was released in 2008, was also suspected of providing lodging for two of the 9/11 hijackers. Malaysian sources, however, insisted Islamic terrorism carried out by Malaysian jihadists is unlikely since the country has only a tiny number of Muslim fundamentalists.

But after a week of wildly fluctuating theories, the admission by Malaysia’s prime minister yesterday that the plane had been deliberately re-routed and flown for hours with communication systems switched off to disguise its flight path provided the most significant clues yet as to what might have happened. Mr Najib stopped short of confirming Flight MH370 had been hijacked........

One positive aspect if you can call this positive . Is that it will stop people seeking a cheap route to seek asylum in Europe . And security will be stepped up in KL etc for a few years to come .

As for the pilot . Is that YouTube clip in his own home . If so is an impressive array of flight simulator equipment

I thought when the media said he had a flight simulator it was some sort of PC game

Looks more and more like the pilot lost the plot and just slammed it into the sea somewhere.

Could it be that the security measures brought in after 9/11 (making cockpits more secure) made it easier for him to do this? Probably waited for his copilot to go and have a waz then locked the door.

Looks more and more like the pilot lost the plot and just slammed it into the sea somewhere.

Could it be that the security measures brought in after 9/11 (making cockpits more secure) made it easier for him to do this? Probably waited for his copilot to go and have a waz then locked the door.

The satellite intelligence has the plane climbing and descending rapidly and then flying for another seven hours - which is roughly the time it would have run out of fuel. Why fly until you run out of fuel if its a simple suicide? My best wild guess would be a fight for control, aircrew dead and plane flying on autopilot until falling out of the sky.

Edited by buctootim

The satellite intelligence has the plane climbing and descending rapidly and then flying for another seven hours - which is roughly the time it would have run out of fuel. Why fly until you run out of fuel if its a simple suicide? My best wild guess would be a fight for control, aircrew dead and plane flying on autopilot until falling out of the sky.

But that was around the time the Comms were turned off. If the crew were dead how did it then pass the Waypoints & change direction?

A pilot, obsessed with flying for more than 30 years; with his own self-built flight simulator and remote control aircraft; finally freed from the shackles of auto-pilot, flight paths and ground control; at last, with total control, over machine and passengers on a seven hour ride of the valkyries into the heart of darkness – the horror, the horror.

No terrorists, no hijackers, no governmental assassins, no alien abductors: just a single deranged mind. This is the most likely explanation, in my opinion.

A pilot, obsessed with flying for more than 30 years; with his own self-built flight simulator and remote control aircraft; finally freed from the shackles of auto-pilot, flight paths and ground control; at last, with total control, over machine and passengers on a seven hour ride of the valkyries into the heart of darkness – the horror, the horror.

No terrorists, no hijackers, no governmental assassins, no alien abductors: just a single deranged mind. This is the most likely explanation, in my opinion.

A real life version of Colin Hunt? Don't buy it.

Let's look at the flight sim angle first. How many pilots do you reckon HAVEN'T ever used a flight simulator, even a commercial one, in this day and age? I appreciate that building a flight simulator is a different level of effort, but really, apart from the specialist controls, his setup looks no different from mine. If one of my friends was training to be a pilot, seeing that kind of setup in his or her house wouldn't set alarm bells ringing. I'd see it as a professional tool.

A real life version of Colin Hunt? Don't buy it.

No, pap, I was alluding to the madness of Mr Kurtz in Conrad’s Heart of Darkness, or, if you prefer, Colonel Kurtz in Coppola’s Apocalypse Now.

It’s just my opinion as to the most likely explanation. Hopefully, for the sake of their loved ones, the mystery of what happened to those poor sods on that plane will be solved sooner rather than later, one way or another.

Agree. Thats probably more likely than my scenario on reflection.