Malaysia Airlines plane missing

melmacian_saint

I'm clearly missing something, why is it suspicious that a pilot has a flight simulator?

I don't see why that necessarily makes him a suspect in a potential mass murder.

Granted, I don't know how common it is for a pilot to have one, but it doesn't exactly scream strange to me.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

KRG, as I think it was probably me who introduced the flight simulator into this discussion, perhaps I should attempt to clarify. I’m not suggesting that owning a flight simulator per se is suspicious; indeed, if I had the money and the technical know-how I would quite like one myself! The theory I’m positing is that an airline pilot who spends his spare time on flight simulators and flying remote control aircraft might be displaying signs of being an obsessive control freak - an obsessive flying control freak. Of course, he might also simply enjoy flying!

Now, as pap has already said, there have been previous incidents of airline pilots committing suicide at the expense of their passengers. The Moorgate tube crash is suspected by some of being a similar event, although never proven as such – in truth, it’s often very difficult to prove the cause of such tragic incidents. Then there are the numerous incidents of serial killers committing suicide. There is often a grudge element to these killings, but it is also well documented that some of these killers enjoy their short-lived moment of being in total control – a god-like ultimate control over people’s lives. Perhaps, the pilot falls into this category?

It’s just a theory. Perhaps not the most outlandish theory you’ve ever read on here?

KRG, as I think it was probably me who introduced the flight simulator into this discussion, perhaps I should attempt to clarify. I’m not suggesting that owning a flight simulator per se is suspicious; indeed, if I had the money and the technical know-how I would quite like one myself! The theory I’m positing is that an airline pilot who spends his spare time on flight simulators and flying remote control aircraft might be displaying signs of being an obsessive control freak - an obsessive flying control freak. Of course, he might also simply enjoy flying!

Now, as pap has already said, there have been previous incidents of airline pilots committing suicide at the expense of their passengers. The Moorgate tube crash is suspected by some of being a similar event, although never proven as such – in truth, it’s often very difficult to prove the cause of such tragic incidents. Then there are the numerous incidents of serial killers committing suicide. There is often a grudge element to these killings, but it is also well documented that some of these killers enjoy their short-lived moment of being in total control – a god-like ultimate control over people’s lives. Perhaps, the pilot falls into this category?

It’s just a theory. Perhaps not the most outlandish theory you’ve ever read on here?

Ok, fair enough.

I guess I can see where you are coming from. As I said, the flight simulator in isolation does little to ring any alarm bells for me. As with all the other analogies I outlined along side this (which includes myself).

It still seems a leap, but as I said, given the little info available anything is speculation.

No, certainly not the most outlandish theory (I havn't been through every post on this thread), but one for now I will, respectfully, disagree with.

I'd be very interested to hear our resident pilots' opinions on this theory. In short, MH370 tailed another commercial flight close enough to appear as a single blip on radar, then turning off once in "friendly" territory. Is that possible? He seems to cover any objection to it that I can think of, even to why the collision warning wouldn't be activated in the tailed plane? How close would they need to be to achieve this?

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

Tell you what, if you're so confident that you're actually wiping the floor with me, and not just a flacid component of a wider mob, go create an account on David Icke's forums. Use your floor-wipin' ability to convince them all of your ideas. Let us all know your username so we can track your progress.

You won't, because you've nothing to say if one of the skirts you're hiding under didn't say it first.

The fact you take those loons seriously says a lot.

I'd be very interested to hear our resident pilots' opinions on this theory. In short, MH370 tailed another commercial flight close enough to appear as a single blip on radar, then turning off once in "friendly" territory. Is that possible? He seems to cover any objection to it that I can think of, even to why the collision warning wouldn't be activated in the tailed plane? How close would they need to be to achieve this?

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

Not from a "resident pilot's" view but do any of these wild speculative theories ever try to work out what someone is doing with 239 souls in the middle of nowhere, to feed them and keep them from running away would need an incredible logistic set up in advance and there would be traces of it somewhere. The actual answer is probably far simpler, hijacked for a terrorist attempt,Indian ocean carrier maybe, Yanks (or Chinese take your pick) saw it and downed it where it will probably never be found.

Hmm... seems rather far-fetched but at face value I can't find a reason to discount it. The collision avoidance issue is handled in this reference, the system relies on active cooperation from the other aircraft. Why anyone would want to do this is beyond my sphere of speculation but dealing with all the passengers and keeping them quiet would not be easy. There was some reference to the plane climbing to 45,000 feet which might be to knock them out but you could just as easily do this by venting the cabin pressure. If everything had gone 'according to plan' then you would think that we would have heard by now, but if something went wrong then you wouldn't expect the perpetrators to own up to anything. There's no way that I can see anything but am unhappy ending to this, if indeed there ever is any definite conclusion. It's very sad for all the relatives and loved ones.

Should be a piece of p!ss for aintforever to defeat them all, then.

It isn't though because if you say something they disagree with they will accuse you of watching too much BBC television and being a "sheeple" who has been brainwashed by the mainstream media which consists of lizard people at the head of a world government pulling the strings. It's utter madness to any half sane individual.

It isn't though because if you say something they disagree with they will accuse you of watching too much BBC television and being a "sheeple" who has been brainwashed by the mainstream media which consists of lizard people at the head of a world government pulling the strings. It's utter madness to any half sane individual.

Ah, you mean his opinions might be utterly dismissed because he's one man against a mob? Fancy that!

As it turns out, I think he'd get a much fairer hearing over there before being destroyed, but I'm glad the penny finally dropped for you.

Whilst it is possible, the idea of a mid air intercept like that is highly unfeasible. To meet up with another aircraft perfectly like that, in hundreds of square miles of sky would take perfectly planning in timing to within a couple of seconds. You can't know exactly where another flight will be at a certain time and if you did you wouldn't be able to get there at exactly the same time.

To put it into perspective, to appear as a single blip on primary radar, you would have to get within literally feet of another aircraft. A 777 in the cruise can travel a mile in about 8 seconds. A delay for a late passenger, missing back, ATC restriction, delay taxiing etc. could add any number you like to the delay in taking off.

Having worked in ATC, I can also say that although primary radar is quite basic in its appearance, two aircraft of that size would have to be extremely, nay unfeasibly, close for it to look like one single return.

Ah, you mean his opinions might be utterly dismissed because he's one man against a mob? Fancy that!

As it turns out, I think he'd get a much fairer hearing over there before being destroyed, but I'm glad the penny finally dropped for you.

Fact is, as far as I am aware there aren't people on here (other than maybe yourself) who believe that the royal family are actually lizards and that the world is controlled by a shadowy world government. If you are going to come on here and spout some ludicrous theories then of course people are going to laugh in your face. Most posters on here tried debating with you at first but when it became clear that those were your honestly held beliefs then it becomes rather pointless. I expect most posters just read some of the more nonsensical theories on here, shake their head and then move on without replying because there is little value to be gained from debating with mad men. There are some oddballs on here but in general people are sane and can see ridiculous conspiracy theories for what they are. Over there they may be more accepting, but that's largely because they tend to accept the most mental of comments and dismiss anything simple or straightforward. It is a conspiracy theory website after all so that's sort of its job.

Edited by hypochondriac

Just had a quick on there, **** me what a bunch of weirdos. You need help if you take that site seriously.

A typical post;

Shapeshifting reptilian police officer caught on camera

Lee gets pulled over by Mersyside Police BUT he not dealing with a normal Police Officer as I found out whilest editing this footage.

In fact he is dealing with an evil, obnoxious, shapeshifting reptilian, dressed as a Police Woman.

If you were ever in doubt about the existence of these creatures, then this video will prove without any doubt that they do exist!

They Live!

For those who think this has been faked, here's the original footage

Lee Stopped by officers on 26th February at 9 45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLHXrM...

Then how do you explain this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJRAGwuN_7_F3PnCUNhRlrCJwGqtpQT9Q3jBdLGrkK2rluTV_2

Jesus, that reptilian thing is so easy to disprove, it's all about the light from the sun, the reflection of that light off the skin, and the poor quality of the camera. As a result, the camera burns out the bits of the fingers where light is reflected towards the camera because it is so bright.

Anyway, back to MH370.

Just had a quick on there, **** me what a bunch of weirdos. You need help if you take that site seriously.

A typical post;

Shapeshifting reptilian police officer caught on camera

Lee gets pulled over by Mersyside Police BUT he not dealing with a normal Police Officer as I found out whilest editing this footage.

In fact he is dealing with an evil, obnoxious, shapeshifting reptilian, dressed as a Police Woman.

If you were ever in doubt about the existence of these creatures, then this video will prove without any doubt that they do exist!

They Live!

For those who think this has been faked, here's the original footage

Lee Stopped by officers on 26th February at 9 45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLHXrM...

As I said before, sign up and let's see you take them down. It'll be dead easy with your skills and those weirdos.

Otherwise you can f**king button it :D

Fact is, as far as I am aware there aren't people on here (other than maybe yourself) who believe that the royal family are actually lizards and that the world is controlled by a shadowy world government. If you are going to come on here and spout some ludicrous theories then of course people are going to laugh in your face. Most posters on here tried debating with you at first but when it became clear that those were your honestly held beliefs then it becomes rather pointless. I expect most posters just read some of the more nonsensical theories on here, shake their head and then move on without replying because there is little value to be gained from debating with mad men. There are some oddballs on here but in general people are sane and can see ridiculous conspiracy theories for what they are. Over there they may be more accepting, but that's largely because they tend to accept the most mental of comments and dismiss anything simple or straightforward. It is a conspiracy theory website after all so that's sort of its job.

I can say with some certainty that I've never promoted any lizard theory, although They Live! is a good movie for symbolism - I recommend it.

Leaving aside this facile attempt at argument aside, I think you make a very good point about how information is likely to be received in certain places. I've addressed this very point with you directly before; we live in a cultural bubble which greatly informs what people see, hear and believe. Go to the Middle East, and the proponents of certain official stories would be seen as the nutters.

The David Icke forums are a different sort of bubble, and yep, you're right; there's definitely a lot of content over there that isn't worth the time. I have lost count of the amount of times that some major cataclysm has been predicted over there and spectacularly failed to occur. On the flipside, they cover some issues with real breadth and intelligence; the majority of it sourced. That's where my interest lies.

Most people would be extremely surprised to know the amount of people, employed in aviation or not, that own full-scale cockpit replica flight simulators at home. It really is not rocket science.

And if we're simply talking about having a Flight Simulator installed in a computer, we'd better start investigating the whole world.

Nonsense IMO.

1zwhvde.jpg

Meanwhile on the subject of the passengers, IF this was a Hijack for "flying bomb" type reasons then a pilot who can turn a switch to disable the comms should not have any great difficulty disabling the emergency oxygen supply and depressurising the cabin. Even IF he could not disable it, simply continuing to fly for a period of time until the emergency Oxygen ran out would have had the same effect.

Most professional would find the fixed base simulators so mind numbingly easy that perhaps 5 minutes would bore them into turning it upside down or fly it through the control tower Most pilots do other things, play golf, chase crumpet, watch football etc.

As for the 777, Eric Moody (747 Glider pilot and Saintsweb member) and I on Sat after match talked about it, neither of us have a clue, although we both flew over that way. The only conclusions we came to, it crashed or it landed somewhere, it was hi-jacked or it wasn't, the crew were involved or weren't. The fact nobody tracked the aircraft is the least surprising thing in that area. It could be anywhere. For me, if it is parked somewhere, possible but surprising, if not may be found in deep jungle, or in the ocean off the beaten track. The jungle seems a better bet.

One thing that is becoming clear is that the Malaysians have not got a clue and are just scratching at straws .

Perhaps they should consider their very early statements about the two Iranians .? Who else on board had false passports .

I used to find that nobody ever would admit they didn't have a clue if they didn't know because of loss of face.

I see some news reports are now referring to the disappearance of flight MH370 as 'unprecedented'. Well although the unexplained disappearance of a commercial airliner in peacetime is certainly an extremely rare event, I have to take issue with that description.

Although admittedly it happened a long time ago when both avionics and search and rescue capabilities were comparatively primitive, surely the loss of the British South American Airways (BSAA) Avro Lancastrian 'Star Dust' back in 1947 is some kind of precedent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSAA_Star_Dust_accident

It took 50 years to solve that riddle, I doubt the fate of MH370 will remain a mystery for anything like that long.

Latest statements from the Malaysian authorities states that the searches of the pilots homes were made on Sunday March 9th and not on the 15th as stated earlier. Furthermore the wife of the pilot and his three kids moved out of their home 2 days before the flight. The latest person to communicate the 'Alright. Good Night." has been identified as the First Officer.

The Malaysians have been covering up from Day 1 and nothing they say can be believed.

Why has no information been given on the 2 pilots familiarity with what international flights during their time working with the company or their familiarity with the two navigational corridors in question. Surely this may provide better indication where the flight may have gone.

Latest statements from the Malaysian authorities states that the searches of the pilots homes were made on Sunday March 9th and not on the 15th as stated earlier. Furthermore the wife of the pilot and his three kids moved out of their home 2 days before the flight. The latest person to communicate the 'Alright. Good Night." has been identified as the First Officer.

The Malaysians have been covering up from Day 1 and nothing they say can be believed.

Why has no information been given on the 2 pilots familiarity with what international flights during their time working with the company or their familiarity with the two navigational corridors in question. Surely this may provide better indication where the flight may have gone.

Derry made the most astute comment on this thread - remember, for Asians, "Face" is all important. To lose it is to "die" publicly. Cover up is a Western concept/word but it the first thing they would do is to have tried to avoid showing any error on their part.

The fact a lot is now unravelling around them and many more questions remain unanswered is not to be unexpected from that part of the world

I love the fact that Eric Moody is a Saintsweb member. Great ACI episode that one is!

Didn't realise this. He won't remember me now but I used to know him when i first worked at Southampton Airport and he flew a private aircraft from there 20 years ago before the new terminal opened.

As for the Malaysians I think some slack needs to be allowed because they need to check and verify information and know eyes are watching. This is not a race, as much as everyone wants information as soon as possible, it has to be correct. And being so unprecedented an incident (relatively) I think some of the demands being made are unreasonable. Judgements are being made when the focus should be entirely on working together for the sake of the passengers and their families.

I find the Malaysians very good people . However the politicians over there are being extremely economical with the truth . Hence the reason the Chinese are getting hacked of with them

Why do sky and co keep adding in there news reports that this flight went missing on such and such a date and that the last communication was good night and then the transponders were switched off .

I think the majority if the world understand that . Stop using the same news print in every article .

Look at their latest headlines relatives are staging a hunger strike . Somewhere in that report is the reason why they are taking such action . But it's difficult to establish that in sky's latest report

I find the Malaysians very good people . However the politicians over there are being extremely economical with the truth . Hence the reason the Chinese are getting hacked of with them

Are they being economical with the truth? Do you know the truth? If not, how do you know they're being economical with it? And even if they are, why do you think that is? Could there not be good reason for it?

Like it or not, releasing information into the public domain can sometimes work against an operation or investigation, especially if there are exterior factions at work here, who are perhaps also watching developments.

I don't know any more than anyone else, but I am pretty sure that with assistance from numerous countries, Malaysia are doing and saying everything they are for a reason and I for one think they should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Minty

As usual a good pragmatic post from you but I think you read to much into my post . I'm simply basing my opinions on news reports . Like you I don't know anymore than any other member of Joe public . The press are not helping the situation

You may well be correct about other exterior factions at work .

There's one report saying the un should take over this investigation to ensure there is no cover up taking place etc . Not sure why that reporter came up with that story .

But while I don't have a clue what has happened to this plane . I do get curious at some of the press releases coming from Malaya and in many cases each reporter is spinning the story for whatever reason . I am however concerned that there were other nationalities on board other than the Chinese passengers and the media should respect the relatives of all passengers and what they are going through.

It all looks pretty legit and scientfically validated too

https://twitter.com/Courtney/status/445475973891235840/photo/1

Bi6mCbxCIAAbJo7.png:large

Edited by buctootim

It all looks pretty legit and scientfically validated too

Bi6mCbxCIAAbJo7.png:large

What do we reckon here?

1) Courtney Love has simply never moved beyond MS Paint

2) Frances is having her revenge and denying her Photoshop

There were probably more mobile phones on the plane than people, did nobody send a single message or did I miss this one?

I read that they're not much good above 10,000 ft but I'm sure some would have partially worked. It's discussed here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/questions-over-absence-of-cellphone-calls-from-missing-passengers.html?_r=0

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54062

Residents of the remote Maldives island of Kuda Huvadhoo in Dhaal Atoll have reported seeing a "low flying jumbo jet" on the morning of the disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Whilst the disappearance of the Boeing 777 jet, carrying 239 passengers has left the whole world in bewilderment, several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo told Haveeru on Tuesday that they saw a "low flying jumbo jet" at around 6:15am on March 8.

They said that it was a white aircraft, with red stripes across it – which is what the Malaysia Airlines flights typically look like.

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu. They also noted the incredibly loud noise that the flight made when it flew over the island.

"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly," said an eyewitness.

"It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."

Mohamed Zaheem, the Island Councilor of Kuda Huvadhoo, said that the residents of the island had spoken about the incident.

A local aviation expert told Haveeru that it is "likely" for MH370 to have flown over the Maldives. The possibility of any aircraft flying over the island at the reported time is extremely low, the expert added.

And it's only taken them 10 days to remember all of that, yeah right. If the aircraft was anywhere near Diego Garcia then it would be known to those on the bases there and everyone else all the way up the chain of command. If it got too close then the what F14s would have been put up and if the aircraft refused instruction it would have been downed if it was considered a threat.

Edited by Window Cleaner

And it's only taken them 10 days to remember all of that, yeah right. If the aircraft was anywhere near Diego Garcia then it would be known to those on the bases there and everyone else all the way up the chain of command. If it got too close then the what F14s would have been put up and if the aircraft refused instruction it would have been downed if it was considered a threat.

It's 691 miles from there to Diego Garcia and Gan International Airport is in the way at around 200 miles north of DG.

It's 691 miles from there to Diego Garcia and Gan International Airport is in the way at around 200 miles north of DG.

After 9/11 691 miles is close enough for an unidentified aircraft, they don't like being spied upon and they are absolutely neurotic about getting hit again in that way. They'd have been tracking it way,way out. Gan is much further away than that IIRC, probably nearer 500 miles from DG.

Anyway the story just sounds like utter crap, just wanted to get themselves onto the front page somewhere or other.

Courtney's comment "I am no expert but...". Was this line really needed?

wouldn't it be hilarious though if Courtney Love was spot on and they found the plane lying there.

bet you the malays have sent out a boat to this area just to make sure. Otherwise it would be pretty embarressing if true.

All i'm waiting for now is a second opinion from Keith Chegwin and Pete Doherty. Should be solved then!

The fire theory - the Swissair crew talked to ATC for a relatively long time. It was their failure to immediately turn and descend to the nearest airport that did for them. They might have had a chance otherwise.

The crew oxygen masks and smoke goggles or full face mask allow enough time to get down and vent the aircraft. An uncontrollable electrical fire would probably knock out all systems including the autopilot and fly by wire computers.

feasible but unlikely.

I don't get the 45000 ft altitude. Max alt 43500ft. I flew an empty 767-300 at 43000 but had to descend because of turbulence as it was on the limit of it's envelope. I don't think a 777 with 239 on board probably plus freight and probably total fuel for maybe 7-8 hours could fly at 45000ft without stalling.

The fire theory - the Swissair crew talked to ATC for a relatively long time. It was their failure to immediately turn and descend to the nearest airport that did for them. They might have had a chance otherwise.

The crew oxygen masks and smoke goggles or full face mask allow enough time to get down and vent the aircraft. An uncontrollable electrical fire would probably knock out all systems including the autopilot and fly by wire computers.

feasible but unlikely.

I don't get the 45000 ft altitude. Max alt 43500ft. I flew an empty 767-300 at 43000 but had to descend because of turbulence as it was on the limit of it's envelope. I don't think a 777 with 239 on board probably plus freight and probably total fuel for maybe 7-8 hours could fly at 45000ft without stalling.

I think the altitude figures are accepted to be inaccurate. Wasn't it a military radar at long range?

I think the altitude figures are accepted to be inaccurate. Wasn't it a military radar at long range?

I haven't a clue, but I'm pretty sure the word cluster**** was coined in that part of the world. KL couldn't even see us coming in from the east at 100 miles at 35000. We had to use HF in the South China Sea, VHF wouldn't reach.