Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

What does this mean!?

(Answer: bugger all)

For me that comment and several others seem to point to players wanting much higher wages to reflect their higher league position and standing within the game. My guess if the likes of Lallana and Rodriguez didn't have an increase should they get international recognition, and know damn well the going rate for an England player is more than they are getting right now. If we want to keep Morgan, Shaw and Lallana we are going to have to pay them the going rate or in other words a fortune. Can and will we offer them mega money?

I'm sure every single fan wants to keep them, but if that means £100k a week or more can we afford it?

Edited by Chez

Looking at MPs post match interview yesterday whee he completely ignored the question I think they've agreed or been told not to,comment unless they have to, so standard, siting on the fence answers are order of the dsy.

Looking at MPs post match interview yesterday whee he completely ignored the question I think they've agreed or been told not to,comment unless they have to, so standard, siting on the fence answers are order of the dsy.

Agreed. Given the speculation, pretty wise too. The DoF has made a clear statement, having the manager or players contradict this ain't clever. We are in defensive mode now with press and clubs circling over our squad like vultures - putting up a united front and killing off speculation is the right thing to do.

Slightly boring now that Pochettino does not speak in English, when the world knows he can - but when he gets relentless contract / transfer questions, comes in quite useful...

What a let down if we go after people like that

Indeed - very similar to Oscar or Juan Mata in style, except with more physical strength (he has filled out a bit since his very successful trial at City). Definitely not the sort of player we want???? Could it be you are assuming he wouldn't fancy it on a wet Thursday in Hartlepool? On what basis - his ethnicity? Would be as good punt but I doubt he would come so low. He turned Arsenal down when they only offered him a trial and I think he's a Nike brand ambassador so I very much doubt we could afford him.

Indeed - very similar to Oscar or Juan Mata in style, except with more physical strength (he has filled out a bit since his very successful trial at City). Definitely not the sort of player we want???? Could it be you are assuming he wouldn't fancy it on a wet Thursday in Hartlepool? On what basis - his ethnicity? Would be as good punt but I doubt he would come so low. He turned Arsenal down when they only offered him a trial and I think he's a Nike brand ambassador so I very much doubt we could afford him.

I bet he will never be anywhere the level oscar or mata are.

Why bring his ethnicity in to it. Just don't see players like him who play for who he does coming in and being the finished article we need

I also believe his signing for city would have made commercial sense given who they are run by.

Someone who is very good in the UAE league is simply not going to come in and be a very good player in England. Not with with impact we want anyway

Edited by Batman

From the UAE. Or any Asian type league

Lee was going to be a star, turned out pretty crap

I think there's a bit of a difference between Lee and this kid. This guy has attracted interest from the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Roma and Galatasary, a bit different to Lee. There have been plenty of successful Asian players in England and other European leagues.

I think there's a bit of a difference between Lee and this kid. This guy has attracted interest from the likes of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Roma and Galatasary, a bit different to Lee. There have been plenty of successful Asian players in England and other European leagues.

is there?

he still plays (and has done) in a god awful league

well, just my opinion and I suspect that wont be swayed until he starts to play well in the prem

Would there be any chance of Tim Krul? I know newcastle are bigger, but they're sh1t and only heading one way. The poor guy doesn't stand a chance there most games and he's an excellent keeper.

Can't see any of the top 4 bidding, or Everton or Man Utd. Only Spurs if they lose Lloris would be better placed than us, unless he moved abroad. It'd be quite the statement but I have a feeling a half decent bid for anyone and Ashley will accept it.

No there would not be any chance.

No there would not be any chance.

And that would be because...

Mike Ashley is the fifth richest person in the land, apparently, and he would appear to be a pretty astute businessman. If he was shown a suitable amount of money, I am sure he would sell. After all, you could buy the whole club if you wanted to.

From the UAE. Or any Asian type league

Lee was going to be a star, turned out pretty crap

Yeah, why bring his ethnicity in to it when you can just rule out 60% of the world by saying players from Asia aren't good enough for us?

Yeah, why bring his ethnicity in to it when you can just rule out 60% of the world by saying players from Asia aren't good enough for us?

I said Asian type league

You can be from anywhere in the world and play in those leagues, right?

Stop being a sandal wearer,

Ffs

Name players of any ethnicity to have come

From the UAE and been a success here?

Edited by Batman

Tonight's tabloid transfer gossip comes from tbe Mirror who say Lallana wants to go to Liverpool and that they "believe an offer of £20m would get him."

No way we would sell for that considering we owe Bournemouth 25%.

£15m for our Captain, England player in the PFA team of the year and nominated as one of the six best PL players alongside Suarez, Sturridge, Hazard, Toure and Gerrard.

£15m? LOL.

Heard a rumour on Saturday that Lallana was going to be leaving, always had him down as the least likely. Where would he fit in the current Liverpool side? I thought he'd enjoy being the main man for us for a few more years. Could well be a load more rumours and media hype.

Heard a rumour on Saturday that Lallana was going to be leaving, always had him down as the least likely. Where would he fit in the current Liverpool side? I thought he'd enjoy being the main man for us for a few more years. Could well be a load more rumours and media hype.

Hmm certainly wouldn't be surprised if he left for a big club, would be surprised if it was £15-20m though.

The thought of starting next season without Lallana Shaw JRod and Pochettino, is unbareable.

Would be very disappointing and pretty much signal the end of the ride we have been on over the last few years for me.

Despite the club statements and denials, these rumours aren't going away. It could just he rumour and Lallana leaving rather than staying is a better story but I really do believe that it is going to be a struggle to keep this team intact.

Would have never imagined it possible to lose Lallana, Shaw et al just 6 months ago .

Despite the club statements and denials, these rumours aren't going away. It could just he rumour and Lallana leaving rather than staying is a better story but I really do believe that it is going to be a struggle to keep this team intact.

Would have never imagined it possible to lose Lallana, Shaw et al just 6 months ago .

Agree, sadly.

If they have any chance of doing it they need to be decisive with MP in the days after season ends.

If he does walk away too then you really have to wonder what the **** the clubs been playing at.

If he stays then we have a better chance of keeping one of AL and LS.

This. Can see why Cortese walked now if he wasn't allowed to have the ambition he promised.
I wouldn't get too carried away just because of a few rumours and press articles, lets see where we are come the end of August, I don't think we'll be looking too bad at all.

I've always been one who's confident we'll keep all our big players and the only one we may potentially lose is Shaw for massive money.

But if this really is the case then what a depressing summer it's going to be. Will push us down from an ambitious side pushing sides like Tottenham and Everton to just another **** mid-table club. If Lallana leaves then you can bet that players like Schneiderlin, Shaw, Chambers and Lovren won't be too far behind them either because what's the point in staying at a team that's not going to keep their best players and try and push up the table?

Hate to be all doom and gloom about this (which is strange considering the excitement we all got from Reed's statement), but it really does make it apparent why Cortese left if the owners ambition is this low.

I've always been one who's confident we'll keep all our big players and the only one we may potentially lose is Shaw for massive money.

But if this really is the case then what a depressing summer it's going to be. Will push us down from an ambitious side pushing sides like Tottenham and Everton to just another **** mid-table club. If Lallana leaves then you can bet that players like Schneiderlin, Shaw, Chambers and Lovren won't be too far behind them either because what's the point in staying at a team that's not going to keep their best players and try and push up the table?

Hate to be all doom and gloom about this (which is strange considering the excitement we all got from Reed's statement), but it really does make it apparent why Cortese left if the owners ambition is this low.

Hugely over the top, emotional reaction to a few rumours and newspaper speculation.

Hugely over the top, emotional reaction to a few rumours and newspaper speculation.

People are just talking about if it happens. I'm still pretty hopeful they will all stay except maybe Shaw, but if lallana leaves then the others will certainly follow and that will be the end for us imo.

People are just talking about if it happens. I'm still pretty hopeful they will all stay except maybe Shaw, but if lallana leaves then the others will certainly follow and that will be the end for us imo.

Do you think a larger club will make an offer for an England international who has had amazing season also having been nominated for player of the year?

The chances are they will.

If they do what are the chances of Lallana declining a club which is larger and could possibly give him Champions League football and huge wages?

The odds are pretty low.

Not negative simply realistic.