Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

David Villa? That would be absolutely ridiculous. I love it. Get him in.

Wouldn't it also help with commercial revenue worldwide?

Can you imagine having Spain's top scorer playing for Southampton?

Sign him up on that basis alone, and he might be able to teach some of our younger players :)

I'm dreaming lol.

No idea why people want Schmeichel. A young keeper who has never played in the Premier League. Nonsense.

Would it surprise you to learn he's older than Lloris, Krul & Joe Hart? It surprised me when I read bout it the other day!

Ur also wrong that's he's never played in the premier league... Wait, is this a woosh? am I being punkd?

I actually thinks Atletico togeter with clubs like Inter Milan and AC Milan might be teams that could take a punt on Osvaldo, especially Atletico with Costa leaving....

not that it makes more likely with David Villa to Saints though imo...

But there´s also a case that if the board are interested to kickstart the commercial side, they might want/need to sanction a transfer of a true star player...

Edited by Olallana
spelling (not Tori)

The noises are that At.Madrid want to move Villa on in the summer anyway, so you can imagine his agent has probably been touting him around. Reality is that he's no where near the player he was 2 years ago, no where near. But he's still a very handy striker who would certainly add to our team.

It would be totally unrealistic if he was at the level he was 2 years ago, but he's not, so it's a possibility.

Can you imagine a Saints team with Lallana and Townsend in it?

It'd be exactly the same, just with Townsend sat on the bench. At least Roy would renew his season ticket.

I could actually. We desperately need pace on the right

Can you imagine a Saints team with Lallana and Townsend in it?

It'd be exactly the same, just with Townsend sat on the bench. At least Roy would renew his season ticket.

Haha! He'd be like an upgraded Puncheon to start with but he has huge potential. I'd take him for sure but he's not gonna come to us unless he's a makeweight for someone else, so no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DuncanRG

He's like an upgraded Puncheon

not even that IMO. would add pace, but nothing more. Has the potential but I wouldn't pay a lot.

One good goal for england and everyone had him down as the next star.

Puncheon has done more in a weaker Palace team than Townsend.

Haha! He'd be like an upgraded Puncheon to start with but he has huge potential. I'd take him for sure but he's not gonna come to us unless he's a makeweight for someone else, so no thanks

An upgraded Puncheon but with far less goals and assists this season. If he's not good enough for Tottenham he's not good enough for us, far too erratic.

Bony anyone? No not a boner Bearsy

He's spoken very openly (quite disrespectfully, in fact) about his desire to move to a Champions League club. If nobody at that level goes in for him (of the English clubs I can only imagine Arsenal being interested) we *might* be able to convince him that we're much closer to achieving that than Swansea. It would be expensive though. Chances are he'll spend another year with them and hope he can impress enough to secure a bigger move.

He'd be an absolutely quality signing but he's openly admitted to using Swansea as a stepping stone and would doubtless do the same with us if he keeps playing well.

How many more goals has Rhodes got to score to be considered worth of a punt? Only just turned 24 and has scored 52 goals in two seasons in the Championship and 87 in three seasons in League One. He may not be the most fashionable player, but that's a ridiculous record.

How many more goals has Rhodes got to score to be considered worth of a punt? Only just turned 24 and has scored 52 goals in two seasons in the Championship and 87 in three seasons in League One. He may not be the most fashionable player, but that's a ridiculous record.

He certainly knows where the back of the net is! I expect we'll see him in the Premier League next season, he can't be content with another season in the Championship at Blackburn, can he? If nobody else has a punt I would expect one of the promoted teams to come along for him.

Lot of money they were asking for which put most off.

Balottelli £15mill

Sturridge £12mill

Tevez £7mill

Rhodes £20mill.....seems legit

In that case lets go HAM and sign El Shaarawy for £30mill

Weren´t you supposed to strengthen your case for buying Rhodes....??

If we could get him I still think Carlos Vela is the dream signing. Doesn't strengthen the central strikers but having Vela, Lallana, Rodriguez, Davis and Ramirez to choose from behind him would be mouth-watering. And would compensate if Rodriguez doesn't come back the same, Ramirez leaves or underperforms, Lallana leaves...

What I don't really know is how easy he would be to secure. Sociedad don't pay particularly high wages, I don't think, but they commanded a huge price from Real Madrid for Illaramendi.

If we could get him I still think Carlos Vela is the dream signing. Doesn't strengthen the central strikers but having Vela, Lallana, Rodriguez, Davis and Ramirez to choose from behind him would be mouth-watering. And would compensate if Rodriguez doesn't come back the same, Ramirez leaves or underperforms, Lallana leaves...

What I don't really know is how easy he would be to secure. Sociedad don't pay particularly high wages, I don't think, but they commanded a huge price from Real Madrid for Illaramendi.

Read some rumour that Arsenal had a buy-back clause of £3.3m for Vela from Sociedad that they were to activate now....

Maybe they will use him in some potential swap deals...?

Surely Vela would be no cheaper then Chamberlain, and no easier to sign? I'd rather have Chamberlain back.

Vela is playing at the kind of level you'd hope Chamberlain will when he's 25, but Sociedad have nothing like Arsenal's money. Buying from Premier League rivals, especially big clubs, is massively expensive and it would be a ludicrous backwards step for Alex. Vela wouldn't be easy at all but there's not a hope in hell of us signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back.

Read some rumour that Arsenal had a buy-back clause of £3.3m for Vela from Sociedad that they were to activate now....

Maybe they will use him in some potential swap deals...?

That would be bizarre, £3.3m is no money at all. They would have brought him back by now, methinks.