Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

#NFFC have announced the permanent signing of Danny Fox on a three-year deal from Southampton.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/fox-agrees-permanent-switch-1544503.aspx

Gutted!! ;)

No thanks. Not worth the risk and a risk it really is. Might as well over pay on someone like Ings and still have some change.

Gutted!! ;)

No thanks. Not worth the risk and a risk it really is. Might as well over pay on someone like Ings and still have some change.

Damiao wouldn't get a work permit so the question is redundant.... Had a very poor season and doesn't play for Brazil any more.

Taken from the BBC man U pre match preview

It's no secret that top six clubs are coveting World Cup hopefuls Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Luke Shaw.

Shaw's the best young English left-back I've seen since Kenny Sansom, even though he's played just 66 club matches. Lallana is a genuinely gifted attacking midfielder with pace, guile and 60 goals in 268 games, who could fit into any title-winning squad. Lambert's ability to create just off the frontman marks him out as more than just a scorer of 117 goals in 218 matches.

First I've heard of Lambert being a target for a top six side.............

http://www.sempreinter.com/2014/04/29/inter-after-osvaldo-conte-isnt-giving-up-on-guarin-but/

Osvaldo for Guarin?

Even though it would add another midfielder- I wouldn't mind this.

Anything to get rid of him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-news-timothe-kolodziejczak-3496292- This guy to replace Shaw according to this.

and finally, Gaston wants out according to this- http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfers-gaston-ramirez-eyes-3390079

'kin A, if true of course.

"Replacing" Boruc... FFS we need two keepers, when is Boruc signed until?

That article is dated 1st May 2014 and is a rehash of a Danish newspaper article we discussed in this thread over two weeks ago.

when is Boruc signed until?

30th June 2015

No but we should be signing players for the first 11, not the bench.

Eh?.........

yes but we can only use one keeper at a time, and in the event of another injury situation...we need a class goalie available (on the bench) to replace him...otherwise we're back to Gazza and KD.

At present..... there is no competition for Boruc to go up against. We must have at least one top class man. Arsenal have THREE international keepers, as do Chelsea and Spuds.

Got the full article?

Blah blah blah

Southampton could face an exodus of as many as eight first-team players this summer, with a growing number of Mauricio Pochettino’s squad nursing concerns over the club’s long-term ambitions.

Manchester United and Liverpool moved within hours of the end of the season to take advantage of the uncertainty at St Mary’s. United submitted an offer of £27 million for Luke Shaw, the full back, and Liverpool made a bid of about £20million for Adam Lallana, the midfield player.

Rickie Lambert is also thought to be contemplating a move, while the likes of Calum Chambers, Morgan Schneiderlin and Dejan Lovren have all attracted interest for their performances this season.

Southampton’s board met to discuss what may prove to be the most pressing decision: the future of Pochettino himself.

Tottenham Hotspur have made an official approach to speak to him over their vacant managerial position, but Katharina Liebherr, the owner, intends to try to persuade the former Espanyol head coach to stay by offering him improved terms. Pochettino is thought to be concerned over the club’s direction.

Blah blah blah

Southampton could face an exodus of as many as eight first-team players this summer, with a growing number of Mauricio Pochettino’s squad nursing concerns over the club’s long-term ambitions.

Manchester United and Liverpool moved within hours of the end of the season to take advantage of the uncertainty at St Mary’s. United submitted an offer of £27 million for Luke Shaw, the full back, and Liverpool made a bid of about £20million for Adam Lallana, the midfield player.

Rickie Lambert is also thought to be contemplating a move, while the likes of Calum Chambers, Morgan Schneiderlin and Dejan Lovren have all attracted interest for their performances this season.

Southampton’s board met to discuss what may prove to be the most pressing decision: the future of Pochettino himself.

Tottenham Hotspur have made an official approach to speak to him over their vacant managerial position, but Katharina Liebherr, the owner, intends to try to persuade the former Espanyol head coach to stay by offering him improved terms. Pochettino is thought to be concerned over the club’s direction.

Cheers -nothing to see then.

As as silly example of what you can buy out there with the kind of figures bandied around for Adam and Luke:

He would not join us BUT Mario Balotelli is 24 years old. He would cost about £23-£25M. Milan need cash. Salary is about £4m per year so would have to up that to say £6m per year. In other words its what we could spend the Adz(£20M) and Osvaldo (£10m) money on if we really wanted to with hardly any net difference to overall payroll or level of debt.

Saints could actually buy in the big boys shop if they wanted to. I'm 99.9% certain we will not be shopping in the big boys shop but i thought it might be worth pointing out for those of a less nervous disposition.

As as silly example of what you can buy out there with the kind of figures bandied around for Adam and Luke:

He would not join us BUT Mario Balotelli is 24 years old. He would cost about £23-£25M. Milan need cash. Salary is about £4m per year so would have to up that to say £6m per year. In other words its what we could spend the Adz(£20M) and Osvaldo (£10m) money on if we really wanted to with hardly any net difference to overall payroll or level of debt.

Saints could actually buy in the big boys shop if they wanted to. I'm 99.9% certain we will not be shopping in the big boys shop but i thought it might be worth pointing out for those of a less nervous disposition.

I like the idea that there is a big boys shop, its like we have got money for our birthday and xmas all at the same time and now have the cash to spend on some really good stuff.

Wouldn't happen in a million years but imagine selling adz and osvaldo and we get super mario, f*cking hell the whole world would take note, it would keegan mark 2.

Schmeichel signing new 4 year deal at Leicester today apparently.

Was there any ever doubt. Never has "interest from other clubs" in the press been more of an obvious a placement by an agent.

Caulker to replace jos or maya.

Jos I think, Maya has proven he can do a job alongside Lovren or Fonte this season. Maya and Jos together is a recipe for disaster though; I'm happy with Maya as fourth choice CB.

We could definitely need a CM signing. Lack a lot of creativity from that position. Very few goals and assists from there this season.

If we do lose Lallana, Lovren, Shaw and Morgan - as well as Gaston and Osvaldo how about:

Steve Caulker and Davide Astori - to strengthen the defence

Ever Banega and Jack Rodwell in midfield

Scott Sinclair and Danny Ings upfront

Alberto Moreno at left back

Why would you put any funds towards central midfield when Cork, Wanyama, Davis and Schneiderlin are still here? I just don't get that. JWP and Reed too. We have so much talent in that area.

It's final third, forwards and creativity lacking, and CBs and a LB if Lovren and Shaw went. Bet Caulker would look a lot better with Wanyama sitting in front the back four.

I was kinda suggesting if and I mean if we lost both Lallana and Morgan Schneiderlin. Hopefully Banega would give us the creativity we would need from midfield and Jack Rodwell the running of Schneiderlin.