Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Oh my word. Why would wanyama want to leave for west ham? Why would anyone buy j rod this summer rather than wait until January to check he's fit, recovered, and returned to being the player he was before his injury. And why would saints sell about 90 millions worth of talent in one window? We don't need that level of money.

Oh, and osvaldo may well want to move to juve full time, but I doubt they're as keen somehow.

Us paying him £30k and them paying him £60k (roughly speaking) might have something to do with it.

Oh my word. Why would wanyama want to leave for west ham? .

Money!!

If he wanted to win medals and league titles and play in the champions league - he would have stayed at Celtic.

He joined us for money - he would leave if someone offered him more

in todays Sun.

Osvaldo wants to make move to Juventus Permanent

Wanyama is hoping to quit, possibly to West Ham.

they will follow Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, Jay Rodriguez and Dejan Lovren out of the club.

So, there you have it. Gospel.

Good grief do people actually pay good money to read this crap?

At West Ham all Big Vic would be doing would be watching the ball fly over his head from one side of the park to t'other as part of Fat Sammy's hoofball. I suppose for good enough money that could be enjoyable.

in todays Sun.

Osvaldo wants to make move to Juventus Permanent

Wanyama is hoping to quit, possibly to West Ham.

they will follow Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, Jay Rodriguez and Dejan Lovren out of the club.

So, there you have it. Gospel.

West Ham LMFAO! They simply couldn't afford him...

Arsenal have just heard about a player called Morgan Schneiderlin (sp?) so they're gonna send scouts to watch him at his next game. They will buy him for £15m if he makes a good impression on their scouts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2622199/Morgan-Schneiderlin-scouted-Arsenal-Southampton-face-Manchester-United.html

Hang on a minute Bear, aren't you forgetting something?

Arsenal actually signed him back in 2008, he's just on a long-term loan to us whilst we develop him! (apparently).

For what it's worth, and merely based upon terrace gossip and my own best guess, here is what I think is likely to happen transfer-wise with our current staff over the summer and onwards:

Lallana - Stay for the long-term (as long as the club does not slip or stagnate)

Shaw - Stay for another year, then move on at the end of next season for mega-money (wouldn't surprise me at all though if his family are agitating for a move for him)

Schneiderlin - Wouldn't surprise me if the one we do lose is Morgan. I fully expect him to be off

Osvaldo - It's obvious that we will try and get rid over the summer, but expect he'll still be a Saints player in January before being flogged on the cheap

Lovren - Hope he stays and expect him to start next season a saint, but wouldn't be surprised at all if some massive bids come in for him. I expect he'd go in January if we are not moving forward

Ramirez - If no decent bids are received, I expect him to stay for another season in the hope that he can start regularly fulfilling his potential (I'd like to see his place in the squad taken by someone with real pace to be honest, which we don't have enough of)

Pochettino - I've a sneaky feeling that a new contract has probably already been agreed, just not yet announced

As previously mentioned, none of this is based on any inside knowledge. This is only my opinion.

Adam Blackmore from Solent reckons AL will most likely go if/when Saints get a big offer.

Can't argue with the rationale - stock is high, ambitious player and chance to move to a big club in the Champions League.

No but I think a lot of us thought Adam would stay with us.

If Lallana goes anywhere, it won't be until after the World Cup. If he plays half as well as he usually does in Brazil, he'll be one of the best players in the team and so his value will go up even more, I'd imagine.

Think if we let Adam leave, others will demand out. We need to stay firm and reject all bids like Liverpool did with Suarez.

Suarez is on about 5x lallanas wage

Let's be honest, he is open to a big move and why wouldn't he be

Saying otherwise is being too romantic about it all. Clubs like saints would do well to keep a single player in the team of the year. Let alone both of them

I think shaw will stay but Lallana comes across (to me) to be a bit vague is committing when asked.

Just depends if the huge offer comes in from one of the big 5

Saying otherwise is being too romantic about it all. Clubs like saints would do well to keep a single player in the team of the year. Let alone both of them

I think shaw will stay but Lallana comes across (to me) to be a bit vague is committing when asked.

He may force his way out. If he does shaw and several others will do likewise though, hence why I want the club to show some ambition. Everton could have clearly cashed in on baines but he was their captain and they knew the signal it would send so they've made sure he stayed put.

Would agree with all of that.

Would Lallana be guaranteed a starting place at any of the top 4 + Man Utd?

He may force his way out. If he does shaw and several others will do likewise though, hence why I want the club to show some ambition. Everton could have clearly cashed in on baines but he was their captain and they knew the signal it would send so they've made sure he stayed put.

It would send a signal. I mean if the first thing these new guys do is sell our captain and England star, then it doesn't really set the tone does it....and anything/everything they've said is rendered utterly pointless. I'd love the club to show some ambition to really drive on in the summer. As a club, I don't think we've ever been in such a strong position to actually go places....so let's see if the owners recognise that.

How did Everton "make sure" Baines stayed put?

Of course he would have been interested in the move, hence why Everton rejected the bids and moved to give him a better contract.

Because of his age, I don't think clubs really wanted to pay above £15m....I think if a club had come in at £20m, then he'd have gone......he probably did have a valuation, but clubs weren't prepared to meet it. But fair play to Everton, they stood their ground and killed any further speculation by signing him up longer-term.

The only problem with players like Lallana and Shaw is that they will attract big bids, and clubs would be prepared to pay a little more for them due to their age.....so we'll have to wait and see how strong the club can be.

Of course he would have been interested in the move, hence why Everton rejected the bids and moved to give him a better contract.
Do you honestly think it works that simply?

Anyway, for what it's worth, I don't think Lallana will go, not sure who will pay the money we'd want for him and be able to guarantee him a starting place.

Turned down 2 bids and then offered him a tasty new 4-year deal.

If Man U offered Shaw a 100k a week (Lets say) even if Katrina was prepared to match it, then we start having problems with the % to turnover rules on salary.... Well ok, one deal might not do that, but of course the other players would want the same treatment (Certainly the bigger players) which then makes it unviable....unless you have half the squad on pennies (Relatively) or half of the academy players and the others on multi million pound contracts......... Either way that is a recipe for disaster....... I should add that is my understanding of the % to turnover rules (Happy to be corrected).

The point I am trying to make is that is just one of the considerations in all of this.

If Man U offered Shaw a 100k a week (Lets say) even if Katrina was prepared to match it, then we start having problems with the % to turnover rules on salary.... Well ok, one deal might not do that, but of course the other players would want the same treatment (Certainly the bigger players) which then makes it unviable....unless you have half the squad on pennies (Relatively) or half of the academy players and the others on multi million pound contracts......... Either way that is a recipe for disaster....... I should add that is my understanding of the % to turnover rules (Happy to be corrected).

The point I am trying to make is that is just one of the considerations in all of this.

Absolutely, I don't think either player would warrant 100k a week yet though! But this situation is slightly different to Baines, as I suggested above - he's at an age where clubs probably aren't going to throw lots of cash at it, whereas our players are young...and anything they spend will be seen as a long-term investment, so they may be more prepared to meet a valuation (and I can assure you that all our players have valuations on their heads).

That is a rule for League One and League Two clubs, not the Premier League.

Here we go....

SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Liverpool want to sign Adam Lallana from Southampton before start of World Cup - more on #SSN

Cool.

I want a new TV and some more holiday before the world cup myself, not sure I'll get that though.

Here we go....

SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Liverpool want to sign Adam Lallana from Southampton before start of World Cup - more on #SSN

And I want a blowey off Jessica Alba before Sunday.