Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Fabianski signs for Swansea. Michel Vorm instead of Boruc? (Although rumours of a transfer to Liverpool.)

Vorm to Liverpool would be an interesting switch. They already have Mignolet who managed to simultaneously look good yet wobbly for them this year. Then of course, the returning Pepe Reina who has said he will need to discuss with the club where he is playing next year. Beyond that I don't know a lot about Liverpool's keepers, apart from Brad Jones who wasn't up to much last year for them at SMS.

Would like Vorm for us, but not instead of Boruc. Boruc for me is an important character on the pitch, really shores things up for us and has the inner nutter that seems to be important in great keepers. Vorm would be a very worthy back up IMO but don't know why he would want to sign to sit on the bench most weeks.

Vorm to Liverpool would be an interesting switch. They already have Mignolet who managed to simultaneously look good yet wobbly for them this year. Then of course, the returning Pepe Reina who has said he will need to discuss with the club where he is playing next year. Beyond that I don't know a lot about Liverpool's keepers, apart from Brad Jones who wasn't up to much last year for them at SMS.

Would like Vorm for us, but not instead of Boruc. Boruc for me is an important character on the pitch, really shores things up for us and has the inner nutter that seems to be important in great keepers. Vorm would be a very worthy back up IMO but don't know why he would want to sign to sit on the bench most weeks.

Vorm to Liverpool

Benitez to Saints

Pepe Reina to Saints ??? (wishful thinking)

'And with the search for a new manager seemingly hitting a brick wall following the shock departure of successful coach Mauricio Pochettino to Spurs this week, the club is lurching towards crisis as the World Cup beckons for their best players.'

Is the Brick Wall the new Glass Ceiling questionicon.gif

The media are going somewhat OTT, but they're lapping it up, as we're rolling over and having our belly tickled. I tell you what, that cluster**** of an interview Hans gave back in Feb was nothing short of a nightmare. He opened the floodgates for all of this.

So according to this it's £2m + add-ons for Lambert. Article sounds like horse**** to me.

No. It means £2m up front with the further £2m in installments (as is normal with transfers).

The add ons are obviously not guarenteed and are paid dependent upon the clauses inserted being reached, ie apps threshold etc.

Its the domino effect. The more that go, the more it pushes others to want to go.

Staplewood on first day back for pre season will be in an awful mood.

Yep we can't afford to let more than 2 go in my opinion or it will snowball. Given we've flogged lambert that would mean one of shaw or lallana but not both.

No. It means £2m up front with the further £2m in installments (as is normal with transfers).

The add ons are obviously not guarenteed and are paid dependent upon the clauses inserted being reached, ie apps threshold etc.

Still don't understand

According to this article: £2m is guaranteed and another £2m in add-ons subject to targets being met.

Contrast with stories elsewhere:

£4m + add-ons i.e. £4m guaranteed with additional incentive payments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27629474

Edited by shurlock

Southampton fight off transfer bids for NINE players, with four CERTAIN to leave

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-fight-transfer-bids-nine-3627428

Utterly ridiculous. There seems to be a serious attempt by some parts of the media to try and destabilise the club. If we had 9 players good enough for top 5 teams, we seriously underachieved last season, in finishing 8th.

I would like us to go for Quincy Promes. Looked the mutt's nuts for Holland U21 the other night.

There are a few gems in the dutch league, kind of hoping for Koeman or De Boer just because of that..

Promes, Maher, Depay, Locadia, Fischer, Perica (Chelsea owned)...

Right is it just me or after years of acting with discretion our club has all of a sudden become extremely prone to any sort of movement with regards to players/coaches/negotiations being leaked to the press prior to being completely confirmed a few hours later?!?!

England internationals are infinitely more interesting to the press than when we sold Dan Harding and Marek Saganowski. Journalists have probably been sticking their noses in all kinds of smelly places to get the inside scoop on the current Saints rumours.

It's hardly anything new either. The Gaston, Osvaldo and Wanyama deals were all talked about weeks before they happened.

Utterly ridiculous. There seems to be a serious attempt by some parts of the media to try and destabilise the club. If we had 9 players good enough for top 5 teams, we seriously underachieved last season, in finishing 8th.

Exactly!

Thus proving MP is actually ****... We dodged a bullet with him joining spurs! ;)

If Lovren does end up going, it seems pretty clear to me that this is a fire sale. Lovren made it pretty clear he was happy here and was ignoring speculation, so if he does go it simply confirms that we are entertaining any phone call for any player.

Scary times.

If Lovren does end up going, it seems pretty clear to me that this is a fire sale. Lovren made it pretty clear he was happy here and was ignoring speculation, so if he does go it simply confirms that we are entertaining any phone call for any player.

Scary times.

Totally agree however the niggle I have is having lumped over £70m into a club and increased its value three fold, why asset strip it to the point of it becoming unsaleable or not worth the book value it would have with most of it's playing squad intact? Just doesn't add up to me :shakey:

Astori to Leeds !

Lazio made an offer for Astori, Cellino is pushing to bring him to Leeds - http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/lazio-made-an-offer-for-astori-cellino-is-pushing-to-bring-him-to-leeds/

(Italian international CB who has been linked to Saints several times in past year)

With his red card record, dirty Leeds seems about right for him.

Swansea set to sign a striker from Twente. Does that mean Bony or Michu could be off? Bony would be the perfect Lambert replacement and Koeman would know his qualities and attributes well from seeing him in Holland. Would only cost around £12m and is proven to score in PL.

Saints & Sunderland tracking Henri Saivet according to the Mirror. Never heard of him.

Rings a bell from FM. Left footed forward I believe. One of the better forwards in the game. (And I rarely use FM as the basis of a scouting report!)

Swansea have said Bony isn't for sale - and he'd probably cost double the £12 million thy paid for him.

Luc Castaignos - the player they are signing from Twente for £6.5 million is the kind of player we should be signing. Young international striker with a great expectations of him.

Swansea set to sign a striker from Twente. Does that mean Bony or Michu could be off? Bony would be the perfect Lambert replacement and Koeman would know his qualities and attributes well from seeing him in Holland. Would only cost around £12m and is proven to score in PL.

Rumour is that Michu will be forced to retire.

Any reason why Davies would want to leave his home town club for a side in turmoil with no Manager that offers no semi firm prospect of being significantly better than Swansea next season?

Money might play a part, as might the fact that he had only a handful of appearances last season. He has effectively been quoted as saying he might consider offers from other clubs.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you said Neil Taylor. No, I very much doubt Ben Davies would leave Swansea at this point in time.

Any reason why Davies would want to leave his home town club for a side in turmoil with no Manager that offers no semi firm prospect of being significantly better than Swansea next season?

I incorrectly (probably) assumed we would what to show ambition.

Be interesting to see what type of clubs go in for Nathan Redmond and how much it would cost to sign him.

He is very raw, inconsistent and often lacking end product, but certainly has a lot of talent and potential to be a good player.

Also the type of player we havent got, neither in the first team or U21s.

Be interesting to see what type of clubs go in for Nathan Redmond and how much it would cost to sign him.

He is very raw, inconsistent and often lacking end product, but certainly has a lot of talent and potential to be a good player.

Also the type of player we havent got, neither in the first team or U21s.

Yeah, I'd take Redmond. Not sure what kind of fee Norwich would want for him but can play either side.