Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Shaw does have a few offers, nothing done tho, including improved offer from saints.

Lallana just had work done at hos house so surprised to hear what I did but that comes from an agent.

Thanks for the updates Crab. Good to have you on the inside

Any news on mopo staying?

Lallana, 25m to United, done deal, welcome to the new era, at least they write nice letters.

Lallana just had work done at hos house so surprised to hear what I did but that comes from an agent.
So an update from an agent you know, is it an agent working for Lallana or Saints?

I had also heard he had work done to his house. But then when you are earning as much as he probably is it's not really going to matter.

Not saying its wrong -just can't see Lallana being a priority. Even after they've shored up their CM and brought in a LB and another CB, they'll possibly be looking for pace on the wing. They just bought Mata and with Moyes gone, Kagawa might get a new lease of life.

agent that has some Saints players, not Lallanas though

Slightly cynical devil's advocate hypothesis coming up...

Adam's agent to another agent: "I'm banging my head against a brick wall here with the hierarchy at Saints. I'm trying to engineer a move for Adam so I can get a bit of a pay day but they say they won't let him go. I've got a bite from Man Utd but Saints won't play ball and Adam's happy to stay if the club want him to. Any chance you could start leaking a few "done deal" stories for me amongst your contacts which will hopefully rattle a few cages and give the situation some traction?"

Too far fetched or a possibility?

Edited by trousers

Terrific news. Those quotes are about as good as you'll get from a player. We'll keep him.

Adam's agent to another agent: "I'm banging my head against a brick wall here with the hierarchy at Saints. I'm trying to engineer a move for Adam so I can get a bit of a pay day but they say they won't let him go. I've got a bite from Man Utd but Saints won't play ball and Adam's happy to stay if the club want him to. Any chance you could start leaking a few "done deal" stories for me amongst your contacts which will hopefully rattle a few cages and give the situation some traction?"

Highly unlikely. It'll come from United's side unless 1. Adam himself would entertain a move or 2. The agent doesn't mind getting fired for brokering a transfer his client doesn't want just because he wants a 'payday'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DuncanRG

Terrific news. Those quotes are about as good as you'll get from a player. We'll keep him.

Highly unlikely. It'll come from United's side unless 1. Adam himself would entertain a move or 2. The agent doesn't mind getting fired for brokering a transfer his client doesn't want

Ha I can just imagine that conversation! 'Adam I have got you a transfer to United for triple your wages' 'how dare you you're fired. I' m livid.'

Ha, I suppose you've got a point there. If the player knew he was forcing it for his own gain, I mean.

Admittedly, agents wouldn't be as overt about their motives as suggested by my hypothetical conversation but don't they try and 'engineer' transfer opportunities all the time as that's what they do for a living at the end of the day?

ahh seems to fit.

Be careful mate with your info share - peeps on here dont like an ITK and they will soon turn on you.

appreciate the news though - thanks

The Utd story is prefaced with the lack of manager issue and this leads me to treat the whole story with a degree of scepticism. I cannot believe that they would spend £55m without any input from the man who will manage them next season. If speculating then I think both AL and LS were Moyes targets and in the absence of any other Utd transfer stories and the journos need to keep Utd headlines going this story has emerged, not totally impossible but without a permanent manager highly improbable.

Daily Mail:

'Timothee Kolodziejczak, 22, regarded as the best left back in France, is a target for the Saints.

The Nice defender is valued at £7m.'

Depends whether you count Monaco in France really they play in the French league, Kurzawa is probably the best left back in France although some might tell you that it's the young Digne (but they're PSG supporters and their opinion certainly doesn't count, he never plays so how would they know that anyway).

Why do Utd need Lallana? Wouldn't address any of their current issues like old CB's with replacements who are not good enough, fullbacks and lack of pace through midfield.

They have Mata, Kagawa and the Belgian kid. Where would Lallana fit in?

Why do Utd need Lallana? Wouldn't address any of their current issues like old CB's with replacements who are not good enough, fullbacks and lack of pace through midfield.

They have Mata, Kagawa and the Belgian kid. Where would Lallana fit in?

Not to mention all the other front players that they have, like Valencia, Moyes didn't rate him but he's a damn fine player who can double at RB as well. Utd's main area of concern must be their CBs and a DM to partner and eventually replace Carrick.

Good statement this morning from Les Reed. I reckon these rumours could be coming from NC or one of his contacts.

So do I.

I don't, what possible motive is there for Cortese to do that? Far more likely it comes from Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal/Spurs giving these stories to the media to in their eyes ease through a deal.

I don't, what possible motive is there for Cortese to do that? Far more likely it comes from Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal/Spurs giving these stories to the media to in their eyes ease through a deal.

Blackmoore has recently said that people close to Cortese have been planting unsettling stuff post the release of the financials.

There was a media sh*tstorm after Cortese left. I reckon these destabilising player stories are from the same source with the same agenda.

Been away from the 'puter since posting this. Just read Mr Reed's statement. Sounds like I wasn't a million miles away....?

How can such a positive story be spun negatively by give givemesport.com as 'southampton star waits for offers' and the appropriately named arsetalks.com as '£15m star confirms he'd like to be a gunner!!

If Lallana has a good WC he'll have his pick of CL clubs

Steady on! He's not going to Real Madrid, is he. Unless he scores a hat trick every game as England storm into the final it'll be one or two top English clubs max. Chelsea, City and Arsenal don't need that type of player, for a start.

If Lallana has a good WC he'll have his pick of CL clubs, at his best this year he's been right up there with the top class AMs in the PL like Silva, Hazard, Eriksen etc

Man U forums don't seem to rate Lallana too highly. Not as high as JWP apparently

Lallana on BT Sport when asked whether all the transfer rumours are distracting said 'No, everything will get sorted out in the summer'. What's getting sorted out? He didn't say 'I'm not going anywhere'.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Lallana on BT Sport when asked whether all the transfer rumours are distracting said 'No, everything will get sorted out in the summer'. What's getting sorted out? He didn't say 'I'm not going anywhere'.

What does this mean!?

(Answer: bugger all)

It means he didn't say I'm happy at Saints, I'm not going anywhere, it's just rumours and I ignore them or any of those other cliches. Saying it'll all get sorted in the summer suggests there is something to sort on the subject of transfers, being the subject matter.

Players have left after saying they're not going anywhere and stayed after saying they're shopping around. Doesn't mean much. Chances are Lallana was referring to Pochettino and getting the plan for next season solidified

Edited by DuncanRG