Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

I would sign 4 players. Ruddy or Foster, Caulker, Redmond & try really hard for Lukako, but i dont see that happening. Struggling for other strikers, but keep coming back to a cheeky low ball bid for Crouch. Stop laughing, i think he would fit in.

Other possibilities would be Moses, Ings, Wickham, Berahino or Michu.

Lukaku is going nowhere except on a loan deal, imho. He is being used tactically by chelsea. As others have mentioned previously, there really should be a ban on players being loaned to other clubs in the same division.

Don't hold your breath ...... It aint gonna happen

Katharina's Dream is NOT the same as Markus's

Simple reason why Cortese walked

Katarina bough Guly and every player since. As she is clearly more interested now maybe she will see end more

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

As others have mentioned previously, there really should be a ban on players being loaned to other clubs in the same division.

Absolutely. It's crazy to think that Everton could finish 4th with a player that's not theirs. It just doesn't make sense. If there was a ban on inter-division loans, maybe it would stop clubs like Chelsea and Man City buying up promising young players for over the odds prices with no intention of playing them yet, just so other clubs don't get them.

Absolutely. It's crazy to think that Everton could finish 4th with a player that's not theirs. It just doesn't make sense. If there was a ban on inter-division loans, maybe it would stop clubs like Chelsea and Man City buying up promising young players for over the odds prices with no intention of playing them yet, just so other clubs don't get them.

Just make the rules the similar to inward loan. You can loan out 5 players max. - The rest you have to keep back at base. How long would Lukaku hang around for if he didn't have sight of a first team place and couldn't get out on loan.

Have a 40 Player List

Setup a reserves league that matches the teams in the Division

No Loans (such a ridiculous concept)

Salary Cap - This helps towards a more even competition and gives fans of every club hope

Player Draft - Player Picks is reverse of finishing spot on table. Promoted and Relegated teams complicates this though

Rookie draft - Rookies are additional to Main list but they can only play Reserves unless they are upgraded to main list due to Long Term Injury of main list player

Proper Time Keepers - The clock stops when ref call time off due to setting up for corners, goalie throw outs , Throw Ins etc (The timing of football is a complete joke and guess work at best)

Better to have the best academies playing each other in a league system (best vs the best), rather than being decided by the league their senior team are in. Which is what EPPP sets out to do. Some lower league academies are better than those in the Premier League, why punish them?

Player Draft - Player Picks is reverse of finishing spot on table.

How would you envisage that working in a global sport with national league pyramid systems and not a closed shop like sports in the USA and Australia?

Rookie draft - Rookies are additional to Main list but they can only play Reserves unless they are upgraded to main list due to Long Term Injury of main list player

That would be extremely negative for Saints, makes investment in youth academies (from the age of 8 to 21) pointless.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I see Ramos is signing for Borussia Dortmund then I'll have to cross him off my wish list.

Strange isn't it that in other leagues player transfers are all tied up and settled during the current season whereas in the UK we have to endure endless press speculation and bullsh*t rumours until mid-summer at least.

Nicollin has announced that Ben Stambouli and Remi Cabella will probably be leaving the club this summer, we need to be in there pitching for Cabella now, not leave it until the last few days of August and find ourselves signing the dregs (like Osvaldo) that no-one else wants.

Edited by Window Cleaner
bly

Johnson is a great player, but from what I am told (No, i cant prove it) is a really bad influence & likes a beer or 12!!!

Caulker from Cardiff would be my first choice CB £12-£15 mill

Would take Johnson from Sunderland as well,he has been there only decent player this season £7-£10 mill

Remy has looked very good,QPR will no doubt want serious ££ but if they fail to get promoted they may want him off the wage bill £12-£15 mill

£30 -£40 mill should do it :-/

not leave it until the last few days of August and find ourselves signing the dregs (like Osvaldo) that no-one else wants.

If Osvaldo really was one of the "dregs" last summer, why did the leading club in Italy sign him on loan from us? Yes, he is a mentalist, but he is still a very good player.

Caulker is no way worth that. He's alright, but pretty slow. Surely we can find better for £12m?! And I don't think we'll have that anyway.

Johnson was very good for 1 month. That's not enough for me, and he's not the sort of player we use that much.

Remy I really hope not. Never liked him, utter mercenary but more to the point, I don't think he's that great. He'll grab a few goals but look at the scoring table, it's not spectacular, he's in there with a lot of other players including our own. I've seen him miss a lot of chances and he's unlikely to improve, so surely the fee and massive wages would be better spent elsewhere?

Not sure when it became accepted that you have to spend 12-15m to get 12 goals a season and a sh1t attitude.

Agree.

None of those for me.

Have a 40 Player List

No Loans (such a ridiculous concept)

Salary Cap - This helps towards a more even competition and gives fans of every club hope

Player Draft - Player Picks is reverse of finishing spot on table. Promoted and Relegated teams complicates this though

Proper Time Keepers - The clock stops when ref call time off due to setting up for corners, goalie throw outs , Throw Ins etc (The timing of football is a complete joke and guess work at best)

Can we have cheerleaders and Time outs too?

I see Ramos is signing for Borussia Dortmund then I'll have to cross him off my wish list.

Strange isn't it that in other leagues player transfers are all tied up and settled during the current season whereas in the UK we have to endure endless press speculation and bullsh*t rumours until mid-summer at least.

Nicollin has announced that Ben Stambouli and Remi Cabella will probably be leaving the club this summer, we need to be in there pitching for Cabella now, not leave it until the last few days of August and find ourselves signing the dregs (like Osvaldo) that no-one else wants.

Except that Norwich ties up the signing of Ricky van Wolfswinkel in February and he went on to join in July and that worked out well for them - just because you sign a player early does not guarantee success.

If Osvaldo really was one of the "dregs" last summer, why did the leading club in Italy sign him on loan from us? Yes, he is a mentalist, but he is still a very good player.

Because they have nothing to lose. They get him, They use him, They then ship him back to us after the loan period

( They have NO obligation to buy him )

Simples

Because they have nothing to lose. They get him, They use him, They then ship him back to us after the loan period

( They have NO obligation to buy him )

Simples

They've used him most for their Europa League campaign, the return from that will largely cover whatever they've spent on

Osvaldo's loan. Then there's the Italian Federation who may have incited Italian clubs to take him on on a temporary basis because he's part of their WC group.

I'll probably get slated for this but say we would ONLY buy 3 players, am I the only one who would buy a CB, Attacking Mid and a Striker, and not bother with another goalkeeper?

I'd say IMO, these three positions are more important...

That is irrelevant to my point that he isn't one of the "dregs" last summer.

It depends on which definition of the word dregs you take. He was part of the small quantity left at towards the end of the transfer period, Garcia didn't want him at AS Rome and we were one of the few possible takers. It's even rumoured with insistence that he didn't even want to come here. Thus dregs.

Can we have cheerleaders and Time outs too?

I admit that most of what I posted was based on the Australian Football League model and that some of the points I made are just not possible for the EPL or the game at a global level.

Because I am exposed to a competition that strives to provide an equal playing field, it only magnifies the unbalanced nature of the EPL.

The one thing that I am envious of is the fact that every team plays each other twice, both Home and Away. In the AFL this does not happen as there is only 22 rounds (18 Team Competion) which means you only play 5 teams twice. This is due to AFL being a very physical game.

As for the Time Keeping though, I think this could be improved. I do not expect Time Outs like Basketball like you alluded to.

What I meant was, the Clock starts at 45 minutes and counts down. Each time there is a stoppage in play due to injuries, throw ins, setting up for corners etc the clock stops.

This ensures you get 45 minutes of actual game time, not 45 minutes and a guess by the referee on extra time.

I had previously thought Ings would be staying at Burnley as i couldn't see why they would be willing to sell him, but have just seen his contract is up in 2015. I'm guessing from Burnley's perspective he either signs a new contract or they will have to sell him whilst they can get a decent fee

I had previously thought Ings would be staying at Burnley as i couldn't see why they would be willing to sell him, but have just seen his contract is up in 2015. I'm guessing from Burnley's perspective he either signs a new contract or they will have to sell him whilst they can get a decent fee

Interesting timing. It looks like Burnley will be back in the PL next year so you would have thought he would give PL football a go with them. But with his contract being up in 2015, can Burnley risk not offering him a new deal before the start of the season??

Wow if we could pick up Ings for £5-6 million with a year left on his deal, that would be a great buy.

He is a big Saints fan and would definitely come and fits in nicely with the club's vision

No idea how likely it is - he would have to force a move + turn down a good deal from Burnley who will be desparate for him to stay. But could be a very decent signing

Osvaldo an unused sub in last 3 games, in Europe where they did use him a fair bit at the start...he's now not even playing.

Game over for him there I would say, and probably game over for him in terms of the world cup squad and ever playing for a big club again. What a waste.

Osvaldo an unused sub in last 3 games, in Europe where they did use him a fair bit at the start...he's now not even playing.

Game over for him there I would say, and probably game over for him in terms of the world cup squad and ever playing for a big club again. What a waste.

Wonder if he might come back here next season. Might be more humble and less of a Charlie Big Spuds.

Doubt it though.

The Daily Mirror claims that Southampton are keeping a close eye on Portuguese winger Fabio Nunes. The youngster struggled during a previous spell in England at Blackburn, but is currently catching the eye in Serie B with Latina.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fabio-nunes/leistungsdaten/spieler_138350.html

Catching the eye by only making 2 (substitute) appearances for Latina since moving there in January...

The Daily Mirror claims that Southampton are keeping a close eye on Portuguese winger Fabio Nunes. The youngster struggled during a previous spell in England at Blackburn, but is currently catching the eye in Serie B with Latina.

Not surprised they are linking us with players, we are losing about 10 first team players in the summer according to them!!