Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

@tancredipalmeri: Real Madrid held contacts in last week for Southampton's Shaw, according to Sky Italy

@tancredipalmeri: Chelsea having contacts for Southampton's Lallana, according to Sky Italy

@tancredipalmeri: Chelsea had contacts with Southampton's Shaw's agents in last days, according to Sky Italy

I am getting pretty sick of hearing of all the "outs"

It is clear that Shaw may leave in the summer and we will probably be in the region of £25 mill better off for it....add Osvaldo at the tune of around £12 mill and we should be getting somewhere in the region of £37 mill straight off the bat and then have 5/6 fringe players contracts run out...add in the most lucrative Prem deal from Sky and BT Sport and Saints should have more than enough money to be extremely competitive.

Why are players in such a rush to leave Saints?? we have 4 players in the England squad

What we need to do

- Give MoPo a lucrative new contract

- replace Shaw with a quality LB and maybe another young left back for competition

- Buy a quality centre back to partner Lovren...sell Hoiveld and Yoshida and get a second centre back as cover/ extra competition for Fonte

- Give Cork/ Lallana/ Clyne/ Rodriguez/ Boruc new deals

- Buy some attacking midfielders with some pace...we are still hugely lacking in this area

- Buy a 15-20 goal a season striker...easier said than done...but the time to splash the cash on a young quick aggressive forward is now

A guy like this is perfect http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michy_Batshuayi

I feel we will have enough money to keep our best players happy and enough to buy top talent...

Losing Shaw is disappointing but manageable but losing Lallana would be a disaster

-

I am getting pretty sick of hearing of all the "outs"

It is clear that Shaw may leave in the summer and we will probably be in the region of £25 mill better off for it....add Osvaldo at the tune of around £12 mill and we should be getting somewhere in the region of £37 mill straight off the bat and then have 5/6 fringe players contracts run out...add in the most lucrative Prem deal from Sky and BT Sport and Saints should have more than enough money to be extremely competitive.

Why are players in such a rush to leave Saints?? we have 4 players in the England squad

What we need to do

- Give MoPo a lucrative new contract

- replace Shaw with a quality LB and maybe another young left back for competition

- Buy a quality centre back to partner Lovren...sell Hoiveld and Yoshida and get a second centre back as cover/ extra competition for Fonte

- Give Cork/ Lallana/ Clyne/ Rodriguez/ Boruc new deals

- Buy some attacking midfielders with some pace...we are still hugely lacking in this area

- Buy a 15-20 goal a season striker...easier said than done...but the time to splash the cash on a young quick aggressive forward is now

A guy like this is perfect http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michy_Batshuayi

I feel we will have enough money to keep our best players happy and enough to buy top talent...

Losing Shaw is disappointing but manageable but losing Lallana would be a disaster

-

Great scenario for Fantasy Football, but in real life.. "it aint gonna happen"

I expect (as usual) to be shouted down now, but come the start of the 2014/15 season, IMHO I will be proved right in a kot of things I have said

Was playing golf with someone who's had a conversation or two with Shaw's dad. From what I hear, he's very happy here and in no rush at all to leave. Would love him to stay for a season or two yet. Would be great to get a season or two out of him showing the same sort of form that Bale showed last season for Spurs.

I don't know why this can't happen Saint Richmond??

The money is there from player sales and money from new TV deal...what i have written should be more than obtainable and improve Saints in the short and long term

I of course share you hopes re your post, but I am of the belief that MoPo will leave, mainly because, IMHO, Katharina will NOT be splashing out the Mega money needed to IMPROVE the team to CL contenders.

ie, If we LOSE a Quality player, as much, if not more is always needed to keep the Quality of the Team at the SAME level, let alone improve it.

Not to mention of course, the Plans to "expand" St Mary's. Cortese seems to have taken that dream with him. Realistically, IMHO, we have reached our limit of "climb" in our 32500 capacity Stadium, and not ONE word has been uttered about any future enlargement.

No, Katharina only wants to consolidate what we currently have, NOT improving it. IMHO

Was playing golf with someone who's had a conversation or two with Shaw's dad. From what I hear, he's very happy here and in no rush at all to leave. Would love him to stay for a season or two yet. Would be great to get a season or two out of him showing the same sort of form that Bale showed last season for Spurs.

Hope so too but sounds distinctly like what we heard from Walcott senior

Hope so too but sounds distinctly like what we heard from Walcott senior

I do seem to recall Walcott's dad stirring things a bit to get Theo out of Saints after relegation. We weren't really in a strong position then, but we are now. The only problem that I can see, is that whilst Cortese would have played hardball, we don't know how the new regime will react to big money offers.

Realistically, players will always aspire to be playing at big clubs where they stand a chance of winning things, but what we have in our favour to offset that, is that 4 players from Southampton have been called up for the England squad, so the players know, they can achieve international status whilst at Saints

Not to mention of course, the Plans to "expand" St Mary's. Cortese seems to have taken that dream with him. Realistically, IMHO, we have reached our limit of "climb" in our 32500 capacity Stadium, and not ONE word has been uttered about any future enlargement.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 50s

Krueger told me finishing training ground was "priority one" & looking at expanding/improving St Mary's second behind that.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 50s

Krueger told me finishing training ground was "priority one" & looking at expanding/improving St Mary's second behind that.

Ok that's slightly different wording to his tweet last week, when the SMS expansion was described as 'behind that', inferring any place (2nd to 102nd) behind that. If he now says it is in 2nd place, then it seems to be a high priority after all. Maybe that is what 'Freddie' Krueger meant by 'maximising the income potential' - more seats to put bums on. I like the sound of that.

Ok that's slightly different wording to his tweet last week, when the SMS expansion was described as 'behind that', inferring any place (2nd to 102nd) behind that. If he now says it is in 2nd place, then it seems to be a high priority after all. Maybe that is what 'Freddie' Krueger meant by 'maximising the income potential' - more seats to put bums on. I like the sound of that.
That is his tweet from last week that you are quoting, it's not a new quote.

Great scenario for Fantasy Football, but in real life.. "it aint gonna happen"

I expect (as usual) to be shouted down now, but come the start of the 2014/15 season, IMHO I will be proved right in a kot of things I have said

I am with you on this... What makes me laugh are those who insist that if we sell Shaw, and buy a decent left back, we can still somehow be better.... It does not matter how much we sell him for, or how much we spend...all that matters is whether we get a player in AT LEAST AS GOOD as the one sold.... Otherwise we will be weaker. And can someone name me a better LB than Shaw that re could get...? For us to improve we have to keep the best until we see the best out of them... Shaw will go one day... But why sell him at 18, when genuine ambitions could see him here until he is 22/23 etc.

my belief is that under NC we would have been more likely to keep all our players... I hope that under KL we see the same determination... But sadly I don't have the same confidence in that... Really hope I am wrong.

Mmmm interesting. What do you think he means by this?

I reckon he finds it a little odd that Nathan Dyer's Saints career appears to have been omitted from the article.

I could be wrong though.

What do you think he means Tokes?

Do we have a summer HCDAJFU thread yet? I can't find it.

Anyway Berahinho at WBA has fallen out with his teammates after last weekends mistake and a fight. Definitely think HCDAJFU as a young English talent.

"Tim Sherwood has previously spoke pretty confidently about his position at White Hart Lane. The Tottenham Hotspur Manager believes he’ll be with the London side for the long run; Or at least for the next 18 months.

Rumors say otherwise. He could be replaced with the Southampton Manager Mauricio Pochettino."

Who has writed this?

Is them all this good?

Must be true.

Do we have a summer HCDAJFU thread yet? I can't find it.

Anyway Berahinho at WBA has fallen out with his teammates after last weekends mistake and a fight. Definitely think HCDAJFU as a young English talent.

Good call he doesn't look happy, threatening to sue his team mate at the moment, feels WBA are not backing him. Deffo the sort of player we should be looking at IMO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26857805

Lallana wanted by Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/04/03/4726208/-

That is the worst article yet on our situation, I have ssen nothing that comes close to "Southampton are willimng to cash in on their star players". While its is possible that palyers will move the crap journalist are writing beggers believe, the need to fill columns results in this. They should teach them that if you havn't got anyting worthwhile to say best say nothing.

That is the worst article yet on our situation, I have ssen nothing that comes close to "Southampton are willimng to cash in on their star players". While its is possible that palyers will move the crap journalist are writing beggers believe, the need to fill columns results in this. They should teach them that if you havn't got anyting worthwhile to say best say nothing.

That is the problem with the proliferation of electronic media, if they say nothing there is no content. The choice is simple, no content or made up content, so we get made up content.

agreed mate 100%