Mayuka

spyinthesky

Pre season I was sitting in front of Jos Maya & Mayuka at the first friendly and what surprised me was on a couple of occasions Mayuka was asking Jos what formation we were playing when the players had a shuffle about on the pitch. I guess if you struggle to follow formation it does put you at a slight disadvantage when playing to Pochettino's style.

Never mind Mayuka, what the hell has happened to Forte?? He's still at the club isn't he, but what's he doing, does anyone know??

I was thinking this the other day when looking at the Saints Wiki page. Is he training with anyone? The Youth team even?

Really odd signing was Mayuka.

think that there is some element of good PR involved in deals that help to build an overseas fan base ...

.....and signing star players from Asia like... Tadanari Lee and Yoshida .....and African players; Mayuka and Wanyama.....creates interest in their countries.

even swapping one Polish goalie (Biakowski) for another (Boruc) must have gone some way to pleasing some of the Polish inhabitants in the city.

NO ! ...I'm not suggesting we have bought players strictly on lines of nationality, but it does help create " interest " in their home country to have players in a Prem.side - even if they don't play every week.

Noted that Man.Utd. signed a number of Asian players in the past and it must have helped sell a few shirts in Seoul and Tokyo on the strength of it.....

think that there is some element of good PR involved in deals that help to build an overseas fan base ...

.....and signing star players from Asia like... Tadanari Lee and Yoshida .....and African players; Mayuka and Wanyama.....creates interest in their countries.

even swapping one Polish goalie (Biakowski) for another (Boruc) must have gone some way to pleasing some of the Polish inhabitants in the city.

NO ! ...I'm not suggesting we have bought players strictly on lines of nationality, but it does help create " interest " in their home country to have players in a Prem.side - even if they don't play every week.

Noted that Man.Utd. signed a number of Asian players in the past and it must have helped sell a few shirts in Seoul and Tokyo on the strength of it.....

We have a deal with EA Sports cos of Yoshida too :)