Aston Villa (A) Match thread

Wrensup

Two things.

I've noticed GS hasn't started the math threads, build up and reaction threads recently. Maybe because our season is over.

I've also realised how weak our bench is today. Cork, Gallagher and Chambers will be our 3 subs today I reckon (possibly Guly :/ )

Already the problem is obvious with Ward Prowse, Morgan and Wanyama in the centre none of them is pushing further up to support Lambert and Lallana, both Morgan and Prowse should be pushing further up.

With Davis already pushing up in support that would leave only Wanyama playing in the DM role.

I'm sure they will all come out of the woodwork if we fall behind.

I'm here sitting quietly in the corner.

Soccer Saturday reckon Villa are playing for a point! Also in other news apparently Chris Foy has had to be replaced after taking the ball full tilt in the chops from Shelvey in the Barcodes v Swans game, Merse and Pinocchio were almost wetting themselves so probably worth a watch later.

To be honest Morgan, Wanyama and Ward-Prowse have all done okay today. But in terms of balance we've dominated possession but apart from a lucky deflection falling to Steven Davis, I haven't seen us really threaten at all. Lambert has been left so isolated and while Lallana is busting a gut to join him, the others seem content to be "water carriers", but that won't do, we're already dominating they need to take up advanced positions and actually make space in the final third.

This has a 1-0 either all over it, and while we're playing well I'd like us to take more risks against this Villa side that look short of confidence.

Eh? Wanyama has been very good. If we're going to take any midfielder off, it's JWP.

I'd be tempted to swap him for Chambers and push Clyne up into a more direct RW role to try and get in behind them. Would definitely give us a better attacking option I reckon.

Lambert has been stranded alone up top,nobody has been supporting him and the final balls have been rubbish

With no J-Rod in the team we look hopeless up front,I would take off JWP and bring on Sam and drop Rickie back

Wanyama has been good. No threat in behind but subs won't change that, we just have to keep going...

This just been watching him and morgan and big vic has been a beast, the first 5mins was like he morphed into beckham pinging balls around, most amusing.

We are dreadfully slow up front, not seen much of JWP really aside from the 1 bale, clyne same, very ragged at the end.

Reed for JWP ?