A meeting with Ralph Krueger

Fitzhugh Fella

S Clarke I see the point you make re Wilde and Krueger but they are are totally different . Wilde was a chancer while Ralph is globally respected whether through ice hockey or world finance or motivational speaking .

I'm quietly confidence about the future of the club . Remember it wasn't just Duncan who had the meeting . Dave Bull was also there. I'm not sure what Dave has said but knowing dave he will equally be positive and is a totally different personality to Duncan

I'm slightly confused by Weston's recent post . But then as I trawl through various posts about every one is leaving maybe the negative virus has breached my protective barriers and started to affect me . I hope not .

Stripes are important but then again there are those on here who I'm sure would be happy for us to wear blue

It all comes down to FF getting what he wants. He would rather sacrifice on field success in favour of some dusty old minute books.

I think there was an interview with Jay Rod who talked about the time Cortese told the first team he'd thrown some old books in a skip.

So motivated by this they then went on to smash four past Hull.

Let's hope RK throws more old stuff in a bin next season, as it is so clearly linked with success on the pitch.

Always good to read something positive! Re not spending as much, I don't think that it is indicative of how successful the players coming in would be. We spent £25m plus on Gaston and Dani and they have both been an unqualified disaster. We spent £7m on Jay and he has been a revelation. Spend wisely but maybe within our means and we can still grow if we keep Adam and Poch! I am in 2 minds about Luke especially if we get a silly offer. He is a left back albeit a superstar left back, and I am sure we can get a decent replacement for a fraction of the price. Adam though is integral to our attacking prowess and has to stay imo. As has been mooted, all seems to rest on Mopo staying!

Spend wisely?

Yes, a dream that every football club in the world wants to achieve, but noone will ever get.

Bearsy I think you need a fork lift truck . The saints have a 129 years of history to cover

Surely you mean a pen stick and not microfiche .we are now in the 21st century not the 60's

I think that deserves a Whoosh.

Bearsy I think you need a fork lift truck . The saints have a 129 years of history to cover

Surely you mean a pen stick and not microfiche .we are now in the 21st century not the 60's

Yeah bear ffs, know you warehouse equipment or keep out of it.

Did he mention anything about the lack of fights FF? He must wonder where the fair fights are, prob thinks Poch is a pussy cause we are not fighting anyone. If we don't win the fights, we''ll never take advantage of the power plays.

Fair enough, I'm just a little nervous if you know what I mean. I saw this all before with Wilde....meeting the fans, saying all the right things, getting everyone on side etc etc....but then never actually doing anything of note.

Cortese was an arse, didn't communicate or acknowledge a great deal of our history...but his actions spoke a hell of a lot louder than his words at the end of the day. I truly hope it's the same with these guys in the summer, but I just feel they're all talking a little to much at the moment without actually achieving a great deal.

Let's wait and see.

Yep. Good post.

Not interested in the farting, want to see the sh*t.

yeah sorry, i weren't insinuating we have little history, i was observing that minute books can hardly take up much space. Even if coretese wanted to fill shelves with his entire spoon collection there is always room for minute books.

I've said my piece to the gullible old soak, so I won't carry on.

The opening post was great to read.

We're a club with soul, and loads to be proud of.

What will be will be, and if we are hovering around tenth or eleventh (the shame of it) next season I won't be weeping into my beer like some of the delusionals on here.

Yes you will, but for different reasons.

How's being permanently miserable working out for you?

I’m pleased to hear that Krueger is interested in our club’s history, FF.

When I think about Saints, yes, like everyone else, I wonder about what will happen in the future, but I also recall all the fond memories acquired through supporting our team for nigh on 50 years now.* Striving for future success and appreciating our history and heritage are not mutually exclusive.

* I also enjoy reading Hagiology’s books about the even older days, despite Mrs Stickman moaning on and on about the bloody forklift truck parked next to the bookshelf.

So Duncan has a meeting with Krueger to try and get him to commit to selling some books, the meeting goes well, and Duncan promises to do his part in the pr push currently oozing out of st Mary's left right and centre.

It's not hard to see what's going on really is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Duncan has a meeting with Krueger to try and get him to commit to selling some books, the meeting goes well, and Duncan promises to do his part in the pr push currently oozing out of st Mary's left right and centre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:mcinnes:

Who'd be in Marketing?

This place moaned like mad at Parking Charges, Ticket Taxes and a total disrespect and disregard for the Supporters. There was almost an open rebellion when money that was supposed to subsidize away travel for FANS was used to paint the Away Fan section at SMS.

So, as I said would happen on the day NC went, we now have people who monitor Social Media, who take account of the Opinions of fans (Stripes). Who openly tell us that they want to keep the squad and NC together and improve it, and yet like EVERY football club in the world know that (eg Ronaldo, Bale RVP) something may happen to a star player.

Oh no, let's stop trying to be Green Bay Packers and go back to being treated like dirt.

FFS at least the bloke is TRYING. First time in 5 years.

It's amusing that the relentlessly happy clapper cult of cortese types are the first group to pounce on this news with a negative spin and proof of Duncan's naivety. Why not just take it on face value as an interesting snippet and potentially positive information.

Encouraging noises coming from Krueger, but I'll wait and see what happens in the close season regarding sale and purchases of players before reaching any concrete conclusions. Sometimes people in his position can say too much, as in the comments about the finances and the press pick up on it and draw probably the entirely wrong conclusion, that we are now forced to sell players against our wishes as a result.

Tie down Pochettino to a new long contract, keep the star players (with the possible exception of Shaw if he wishes to leave for mega-bucks), strengthen the squad with some real quality and then I'll give due credit that will be deserved.

I think there was an interview with Jay Rod who talked about the time Cortese told the first team he'd thrown some old books in a skip.

So motivated by this they then went on to smash four past Hull.

Let's hope RK throws more old stuff in a bin next season, as it is so clearly linked with success on the pitch.

That's ludicrous!

Point being, FF's gushing praise is all about what's good for him and his books, nothing more.

Bit concerning that Ralf had 90 mins to spare for FF's show and tell.

I’m pleased to hear that Krueger is interested in our club’s history, FF.

When I think about Saints, yes, like everyone else, I wonder about what will happen in the future, but I also recall all the fond memories acquired through supporting our team for nigh on 50 years now.* Striving for future success and appreciating our history and heritage are not mutually exclusive.

* I also enjoy reading Hagiology’s books about the even older days, despite Mrs Stickman moaning on and on about the bloody forklift truck parked next to the bookshelf.

Spot on, top clubs like Man U and Liverpool are able to embrace both so why can't we ?

I was delighted to see MLT attending the awards do the other night and cannot see how this will affect our ongoing push for success !

If stripes are the most popular with fans then why not bring them back ? Surely respect for our history and courtesy to our fans does not mean that we lack ambition, on the contrary it can be positive IMHO !

COYS.

Ps. Thanks FF for the OP, pity you always have to take a bit of flack with it, but on here it seems inevitable !

Bearsy when did the club start selling spoons? do they have pictures of ex saints players , must be a better bet that the world cup stickers collection you get in tescos

I still have my MLT Benali and Grobelor figurines proudly on display , Are the worth anything

one of my most prised items is the hasp of the main archers road doors when we left the dell

Must be worth more than those chairs the pompey pratt had on the antiques road show last year though

Still must get back on track . Does anyone bot want to by Steven Davies, I think he he is the only one who has been listed in the forth coming fire sale

sorry still not on Track

can we get a new ice rink in southampton and we can have sotuhampton saints backbackers hockey team

Whiuch brings me bak on track with meeting with RK

2501240-4874366061-13325.jpg

Not a good sign that Rafe is spending 90 mins talking to the likes of Duncan. We have the most important Summer the club has had for years ahead of us and I'm sure there are far more important things he could be spending his time on!

He seems to be more of a PR merchant and glad-hander than a proper Chairman.

I can't see Levy spending 90 mins with Spurs equivilant of Duncan....

No but he told us in ice hockey they rotate players so quickly all the time on of the things that struck him when watching Saints was how little the manager has to do in comparison.
that just shows how little he knows about football,does that in itself not worry you?

I cant help thinking FFs new found enthusiasm is mainly down to the fact he was allowed to go to a meeting.
lol, now now Manji, to be fair to FF he didnt need to post the info. I do hope we are not being sucked into the next go Wilde campaign. The gullible drink it up, Iam uneasy and desperate,y want to be wrong but....

I must admit I take FFs positive spin with a massive pinch of salt. He is easily the most kneejerk in regards to chairman and I seem to remember him damning KL not so long ago so its completely laughable that he is now RKs best friend.

Realistically all thats happened is Ralphs played some lip servive to him and given his bank balance a boost, unfortunately its probably something he will need to keep doing to keep FFs faith in him.

Whilst I am enjoying the new fan friendly approach it means naff all if improvement is not measured on the pitch. This is a football club not first and foremost and realistically NC was given much more rope due to his ability to bring promise to our club. RK can buy time with positive fan stories but needs to back the football team and I for one am sceptical.

Should he adequately back us then we may very well be on the verge of something excellent but itll take action to prove it.

:nod:

I must admit I take FFs positive spin with a massive pinch of salt. He is easily the most kneejerk in regards to chairman and I seem to remember him damning KL not so long ago so its completely laughable that he is now RKs best friend.

Realistically all thats happened is Ralphs played some lip servive to him and given his bank balance a boost, unfortunately its probably something he will need to keep doing to keep FFs faith in him.

Whilst I am enjoying the new fan friendly approach it means naff all if improvement is not measured on the pitch. This is a football club not first and foremost and realistically NC was given much more rope due to his ability to bring promise to our club. RK can buy time with positive fan stories but needs to back the football team and I for one am sceptical.

Should he adequately back us then we may very well be on the verge of something excellent but itll take action to prove it.

:nod:

Yep, the comment about NC not really worrying about income definitely needs a pinch of salt. The income under NC increased tenfold. This may have been due to a gamble but it paid off. Imagine how much it would have increase by if Nicki C was actually trying!

Yep, the comment about NC not really worrying about income definitely needs a pinch of salt. The income under NC increased tenfold. This may have been due to a gamble but it paid off. Imagine how much it would have increase by if Nicki C was actually trying!

Shame the little man was a control freak, he is up there with our most successful chairman IMO. But he had a fetish for spoons, who'd have thought eh ?

Wow, just wow.......there really are some sad individuals on here. FF posts something of real interest and the sniping at FF begins.

FF - shocking that NC junked our history. Documents going back to the 1890s should have been cherished not thrown out in the garbage.

For all those saying NC delivered on a vision - he did indeed but it was the Liebherrs money. Look down the road to see what happens when the 'vision' gets out of control and I sure don't want my club going down that route.

Thanks for the fascinating info - it feels like the club is once again in safe hands.

Wow, just wow.......there really are some sad individuals on here. FF posts something of real interest and the sniping at FF begins.

FF - shocking that NC junked our history. Documents going back to the 1890s should have been cherished not thrown out in the garbage.

For all those saying NC delivered on a vision - he did indeed but it was the Liebherrs money. Look down the road to see what happens when the 'vision' gets out of control and I sure don't want my club going down that route.

Thanks for the fascinating info - it feels like the club is once again in safe hands.

Totally agree. There are so many playground bullies on here now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How is it back in safe hands if it was t before ? By your own fingers you have written that NC's reign of unquestionable success was funded by the leibherrs, well, shoukd that now continue it will be the sane money would it not ? Obviously NC had a fall out over something, my money would be on funding considering it would be mental to believe that the previously spent money was without prior knowledge to KL and those that held her purse strings.

What exactly is the real interest ? Where is there anything I didnt know previously ? There is nothing exclusive is there ? I am genuinely glad that the book is restocked, it is a good book, Im also glad that our history is not being ignored. But Id still be annoyed if we do not build on the success NC has built and regardless commercial success of a FC is linked to success on the pitch.

As for Duncan dont pretend he is innocent. He is not adverse to posting inflammatory nonsense about chairmen when he does t get his way. Like I pointed out it was t long ago that KL was in his poisonous sights. There are many on this forum that stay as neutral as possible even if they are saints fans. Info from them I find credible. This is just guff sponsored by a new selection of books in the Saints store.

This is the start of I met/spoke with Michael Wilde revisited with everyone will begin to compete to post the biggest bull s hit . Ralph will be posting on here soon if he isn't already.

Totally agree. There are so many playground bullies on here now.

Playground bullies or skeptics? No personal snipes at FF, just some people skeptical with the P.R. coming out of the club. Let's hope it is all true but let's not cry or call people who question things bullies. I would say there are far more precious flowers on here than there are playground bullies.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk but without the gay bit at the end.

Think that the "buying English" plan sounds very plausible. Will keep fans happy, players will have a greater resale value and we'd able to feed our policy via the academy anyway. I assume that that will be the "brand" that we go for - an England U24s side. Who, at the moment, could we sign to fit that policy?

Off the top of my head; Caulker, Cresswell,Wisdom, Sinclair, Welbeck, Redmond, Ings, Hughes, Tom Carroll. Any others?

Think that the "buying English" plan sounds very plausible. Will keep fans happy, players will have a greater resale value and we'd able to feed our policy via the academy anyway. I assume that that will be the "brand" that we go for - an England U24s side. Who, at the moment, could we sign to fit that policy?

Off the top of my head; Caulker, Cresswell,Wisdom, Sinclair, Welbeck, Redmond, Ings, Hughes, Tom Carroll. Any others?

Zaha might be worth a punt, can't see him playing at united anytime soon. Clyne being here would help him settle too

So both Ralph and FF are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I don't know FF but his posts are in my opinion usually informative and interesting and like others I appreciate what he puts here. I am firmly of the view that the history and traditions of the club are important, as a statement of the obvious - they are what makes the club and gives the club its identity and are the reasons why we as fans identify with and support SFC. Stripes have been done to death but they are for me a significant part of this identity, or perhaps we should casually jettison other components of the clubs DNA? The name, the songs, the location etc. For fans, football is not a business, (only non fans refer to it in that way) its an emotional investment and bond that frequently makes little sense on a number of rational or financial bases.

I like what RK says and it is scarcely believable that he is criticised and his words subject to micro-analysis. It is surely equally obvious to everyone that he and the Board will be judged on what happens not by what he says, but hey, thanks to those insightful posters for pointing this out.

Keep up the good work RK and FF.

Albrighton is out of contract at Villa. He give Luke a good game I thought the other week.

I don't know FF but his posts are in my opinion usually informative and interesting and like others I appreciate what he puts here. I am firmly of the view that the history and traditions of the club are important, as a statement of the obvious - they are what makes the club and gives the club its identity and are the reasons why we as fans identify with and support SFC. Stripes have been done to death but they are for me a significant part of this identity, or perhaps we should casually jettison other components of the clubs DNA? The name, the songs, the location etc. For fans, football is not a business, (only non fans refer to it in that way) its an emotional investment and bond that frequently makes little sense on a number of rational or financial bases.

I like what RK says and it is scarcely believable that he is criticised and his words subject to micro-analysis. It is surely equally obvious to everyone that he and the Board will be judged on what happens not by what he says, but hey, thanks to those insightful posters for pointing this out.

The damned if you do thing has been here for always. I dont think FF is being picked on, only his previous has been pointed out fairly or not is up to each iindividual

Sorry, I think a significant element of the management in the Premier League are looking very closely at RKs comments and statements; they are looking for the slightest sign of weakness or open door to jump for our top players. But at the end of the day they will also note that we havent secured a contract extension from MoPo, we are being somewhat lukewarm in our rebuttals of press stories, and they will have noticed a general lack of action to back up the words.

If I were KL, and were REALLY committed to moving the club forwards, I would have briefed RK to get Mopo's signature shortly after officially taking over, and to secure a big-name signing immediately after the season intended, and maybe also got rid of Osvaldo ASAP, to state our intentions to the rest of the PL.

None of that has happened, so the rumours, stories and concerns persist..........

How is it back in safe hands if it was t before ? By your own fingers you have written that NC's reign of unquestionable success was funded by the leibherrs, well, shoukd that now continue it will be the sane money would it not ? Obviously NC had a fall out over something, my money would be on funding considering it would be mental to believe that the previously spent money was without prior knowledge to KL and those that held her purse strings.

What exactly is the real interest ? Where is there anything I didnt know previously ? There is nothing exclusive is there ? I am genuinely glad that the book is restocked, it is a good book, Im also glad that our history is not being ignored. But Id still be annoyed if we do not build on the success NC has built and regardless commercial success of a FC is linked to success on the pitch.

As for Duncan dont pretend he is innocent. He is not adverse to posting inflammatory nonsense about chairmen when he does t get his way. Like I pointed out it was t long ago that KL was in his poisonous sights. There are many on this forum that stay as neutral as possible even if they are saints fans. Info from them I find credible. This is just guff sponsored by a new selection of books in the Saints store.

Sorry mate but I really do not remember posting anything poisonous about KL - I would be grateful if you could find this post for me as it is the 2nd time you have mentioned it.

Playground bullies or skeptics? No personal snipes at FF, just some people skeptical with the P.R. coming out of the club. Let's hope it is all true but let's not cry or call people who question things bullies. I would say there are far more precious flowers on here than there are playground bullies.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk but without the gay bit at the end.

I think that you may need to read this thread again. I have seen a few personal digs at FF.

I repeat again, all you Duncan knockers who have never met the guy, are way off the mark with your crass assassinations on his character. He is a genuinely nice man.
Ive never met him and i have never doubted he is a very nice bloke. We all have weaknesses and character flaws i doubt FF is any different. One thing with FF I think without exception his threads are always very good and do stimulate debate. He is very good for this forum, like a lot of the better posters it is the Marmite thing that gets people responding.