Pre season Matches

Saint Charlie

Yes, I am quite sure Southampton will be having pre-season friendlies. Why wouldn't they?

Best not to assume anything.

Our last few pre seasons have been really well plannes and we have had great starts to the season.

Hopefully we stick to the Switzerland formula that has worked for us.

If there is money for the flights.

Are we having any or just going to start with whoever our first game is?

WUM.

WUM.

I don't think I've ever seen as much absolute tosh on the board as in the last week.

Threads about nothing like this one. Threads that are no more than single sentences, words shat onto the forum like a drunken text at 3 in the morning. It's amazing to see the hysteria in action, like dropping a rock onto an ants nest and watching the frantic exodus in every direction.

I should probably start a thread on it.

Best not to assume anything.

Our last few pre seasons have been really well plannes and we have had great starts to the season.

Hopefully we stick to the Switzerland formula that has worked for us.

We've had great starts the last few years? The season before the one just gone we were bottom with 4 points from our first 10 games having lost 8 of them. You see that as a great start?

Maybe the original thinking was that we'd have our 3 England Boys plus Yoshida, Gaston and Lovren away on World Cup duty, that an overseas tour without them might be a bit pointless. But now with there being a chance that only 1 of them will be here at the start of next season (unless Yosh has a great campaign and Liverpool fancy expanding their Far Eastern support base) that may change.

Of course we could be buying a load of replacement players already lined up from World Cup squads and be back to square one!!

Maybe fixtures against Liverpool, Man U and Spurs, or even a mini tournament, will be arranged as part of the transfer packages, so that we can give our departing players / manager and backroom staff a fond send off ;-)

pre season ......will be a good chance for the new squad to get to know each other...

....My first ironic laugh will be..... if we get Spurs at home for our first game next season ......

Oh, I do hope so. As this year I will be there for the first game of the season, for the first time in many a year.

Alpines wet sister is sour mash.

Ha ha, what the f**k, I've got no problem with it being announced in June, I just want to hear if anyones anyone has heard different, as I actually go to the games.

Just like Alpine did last year. hmm more evidence ;)

Look, as I said above. It was poor grammar on my part, I meant to say Saint Charlie is acting like Alps wet sister. Which he has been of late.

No doubt, when he realises how ridiculous he has been it'll be "Oh I was just winding people up like my drop out of the league thread" lmao pmsl rofl.

Wouldn't it be great if i'm right though?

Very early for that sort of game though. I think Borussia are pencilled in to play Liverpool at Anfield the week before the season starts for us. Given that the WC for the major players doesn't finish until nearly mid July I can't see any German side getting involved in major matches a couple of days afterwards.

Very early for that sort of game though. I think Borussia are pencilled in to play Liverpool at Anfield the week before the season starts for us. Given that the WC for the major players doesn't finish until nearly mid July I can't see any German side getting involved in major matches a couple of days afterwards.

To be honest i found it on this site http://fantasyfootballfirst.co.uk/transfer-advice/201415-preseason-fixtures/

Could be garbage.

To be honest i found it on this site http://fantasyfootballfirst.co.uk/transfer-advice/201415-preseason-fixtures/

Could be garbage.

That same page has Borussia playing Hull on the 15th July and Everton on 22nd July. Could be total ******** but it does have some progression of difficulty sense to it from their point of view

Edited by buctootim

http://realtimefm.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/dortmund-0-0-leverkusen-bundesliga/

Left hand side shows:

PCOMING FIXTURES:

A v. Real San Jose (US Tour)

June 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Yerba Buena High School

A v. Vancouver Whitecaps U23 (US Tour)

June 29, 2014 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm

BC Place

A v. Fort Lauderdale Strikers (US Tour)

July 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Lockhart Stadium

A v. Hull City (Friendly)

July 15, 2014 at 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm

KC Stadium

A v. Southampton (Friendly)

July 19, 2014 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm

St Mary's Stadium

Borussia Dortmund on July 19th at SMS

http://realtimefm.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/dortmund-0-0-leverkusen-bundesliga/

Left hand side shows:

UPCOMING FIXTURES:

A v. Real San Jose (US Tour)

June 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Yerba Buena High School

A v. Vancouver Whitecaps U23 (US Tour)

June 29, 2014 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm

BC Place

A v. Fort Lauderdale Strikers (US Tour)

July 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Lockhart Stadium

A v. Hull City (Friendly)

July 15, 2014 at 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm

KC Stadium

A v. Southampton (Friendly)

July 19, 2014 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm

St Mary's Stadium

That is a website about someones game of Football Manager.

#SaintsFC will face @Official_STFC in a pre-season friendly at the County Ground on Monday 21st July at 7.30pm. pic.twitter.com/GvU8vGDrB4

Then #SaintsFC head through the New Forest to take on @afcbournemouth on Friday 25th July at 7.45pm. pic.twitter.com/BeCXttinSC

Next up for #SaintsFC is a visit to @OfficialBHAFC’s Amex Stadium on Thursday 31st July at 7.45pm. pic.twitter.com/npaCXG3AAj

#SaintsFC also hopes to announce details of further pre-season friendlies soon, so keep checking saintsfc.co.uk and @SouthamptonFC.

Edited by SO16_Saint

#SaintsFC will face @Official_STFC in a pre-season friendly at the County Ground on Monday 21st July at 7.30pm. pic.twitter.com/GvU8vGDrB4

Then #SaintsFC head through the New Forest to take on @afcbournemouth on Friday 25th July at 7.45pm. pic.twitter.com/BeCXttinSC

Next up for #SaintsFC is a visit to @OfficialBHAFC’s Amex Stadium on Thursday 31st July at 7.45pm. pic.twitter.com/npaCXG3AAj

#SaintsFC also hopes to announce details of further pre-season friendlies soon, so keep checking saintsfc.co.uk and @SouthamptonFC.

Shades of League One. Spicy.

Decent set of games, will probably go to Bournemouth and Brighton. Can't imagine this was what MP was "planning" with Reed though.

Expect a couple of top tier European teams at SMS early August and that would be fairly good.

Perhaps the Club feel with the work done at the TG there is no point going on tour, might as well use our facilities.

Decent set of games, will probably go to Bournemouth and Brighton. Can't imagine this was what MP was "planning" with Reed though.

Expect a couple of top tier European teams at SMS early August and that would be fairly good.

Perhaps the Club feel with the work done at the TG there is no point going on tour, might as well use our facilities.

No they're cost cutting, we've paid (or are going to pay) 30 million £ for a training ground, no point in paying to use someone else's facilities and not use your own. Long way from Austria and Spain last season though or the 2 years of Swiss bonanza.

No they're cost cutting, we've paid (or are going to pay) 30 million £ for a training ground, no point in paying to use someone else's facilities and not use your own. Long way from Austria and Spain last season though or the 2 years of Swiss bonanza.

Yep. Real come-down in the world, this is........ :(

Or they have realised there is no real benefit in travelling to Austria and Switzerland for a training camp and games.

Brighton and Bournemouth will both provide as a good an opposition as Celta Vigo and FC Thun.

I really like the idea of a south coast tour - it will probably promote the profile of 'lesser' clubs in this neck of the woods.

Also, don't forget that the club "hopes to announce details of further pre-season friendlies soon". A trip to Feyenoord might still be on the cards.

Dissapointing if they don't do an overseas camp. The team seemed to really build up camaraderie on the last two and seemed a big part of why we played so well. So much to be said for team spirit. Thought Ralph would be all over this as it is his forte.