STATEMENT: Player interest & Rickie Lambert

Saint Rees

"We are staying true to our plan and vision and, as a result, we have no need to accept any offers. We are deep in the process of appointing a new manager who will continue to move our club forward. It remains our preference not to partake in any transfers until the new manager is in place. Our scouting & recruitment department continues to monitor targets we have identified to improve our squad, and the new manager will have final input into our recruitment process."

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/02062014-statement-player-interest-rickie-lambert-1592309.aspx#jEx67JDRtH4T3D7o.99

Telling use of words there..not a definitive stance

Two conflicting statements there again.

"We are staying true to our plan and vision and, as a result, we have no need to accept any offers".

"It remains our preference not to partake in any transfers until the new manager is in place"

From SFC's Statement

"

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that we have received multiple offers for some of our players in the past weeks

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/02062014-statement-player-interest-rickie-lambert-1592309.aspx#P5PFjtVrEOUzeuyc.99

IN THE PAST WEEKS !!!!

Just as a matter of interest, when did Les Reed state we had not received any offers for our players ??

"We are staying true to our plan and vision and, as a result, we have no need to accept any offers".

"It remains our preference not to partake in any transfers until the new manager is in place"

I think the second part is in relation to transfers in and out. Though given the consistently negative and defensive rhetoric of our new board, one could be tempted to assume that they are just referencing players sold.

From SFC's Statement

"

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that we have received multiple offers for some of our players in the past weeks

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/02062014-statement-player-interest-rickie-lambert-1592309.aspx#P5PFjtVrEOUzeuyc.99

IN THE PAST WEEKS !!!!

Just as a matter of interest, when did Les Reed state we had not received any offers for our players ??

25th April.... five and a half weeks ago.....

From SFC's Statement

"

IN THE PAST WEEKS !!!!

Today is 2nd June, he made his statement on 25th April.

So it is not a contradiction.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Exactly. They can't win with some on here.

How about they bring down the shutter and tell the footballing world to "f**k off" collectively ?

So even if 5/6 players don't want to be here, or do a Kenwyne Jones and refuse to play for us.. You think it's a good idea to keep them all here and tell everyone else to f*ck off?

The bit which causes me the most annoyance is the fact Kruger previously

stated we would not do transfers/deals until a new manager/coach is appointed, yet

have done exactly that and admit being open to do so again...

This makes his/the clubs credibility open to serious question...or its just lies

Exactly. They can't win with some on here.

So even if 5/6 players don't want to be here, or do a Kenwyne Jones and refuse to play for us.. You think it's a good idea to keep them all here and tell everyone else to f*ck off?

Here's a left-field thought. You give the new manager a chance to sell his vision to the 5/6. How the f**k can we let them go and accept offers without trying to keep them ?

Here's a left-field thought. You give the new manager a chance to sell his vision to the 5/6. How the f**k can we let them go and accept offers without trying to keep them ?

Considering that we have only accepted one offer for a player who actually wanted to go........

Keep clutching 'em...............

Well, the one offer went through very quickly. It broke like a bolt from the blue.

The others have been lingering for weeks with no progress regardless of the hyperbole.

You keep clutching.

You implied that we should tell everyone to f*ck off categorically. So you wouldn't complain if 5/6 players left when the new manager comes in then, no?

The bit which causes me the most annoyance is the fact Kruger previously

stated we would not do transfers/deals until a new manager/coach is appointed, yet

have done exactly that and admit being open to do so again...

This makes his/the clubs credibility open to serious question...or its just lies

The way I read it, I think it's pretty clear that Rickie didn't figure in the plans going forward (maybe due to his age, maybe they've got someone else lined up as a replacement already?) but the board are basically saying we're not in any need to sell or rush into anything, however on some occasions there might be a deal which is in the best interests of all parties, in which case there's no need to hold off progressing things. Seems reasonable to me.

Ridiculous argument totally undeserving of meaningful response, but totally fitting with your pedantic character.

Its not ridiculous at all, I'm using an extreme to highlight the flaws in your logic. I've shown its daft to pull the shutters down and say no bid will ever be accepted because every player has a price where they'd leave a club.

Its not ridiculous at all, I'm using an extreme to highlight the flaws in your logic. I've shown its daft to pull the shutters down and say no bid will ever be accepted because every player has a price where they'd leave a club.

200M for Jos is ridiculous. But keep on banging away at it. :lol:

Fair enough statement, they can't do much more than that.

That what I think

But surely that has been their stance all the time footballers move to different clubs all the time it is their job and they want improve themselves.

Lambert moved from Bristol Rovers Jrod moved from Burnley etc etc to improve but that is OK but to move from SFC to some posters is not OK

I read that as: We aint so far up **** creek without a paddle we need to sell. We have some cash in the bank.DESPITE what others say

and I read that as: When the new manager is in place we'll see who he wants to keep and who he wants to ged rid off and who he wants to buy.

So,generally, no one is being bought and sold until we have a new manager, except Rickie who, when given the chance to play for his boyhood team, before he can no longer play, it would be ****ty not to let him go.

The way I read it, I think it's pretty clear that Rickie didn't figure in the plans going forward (maybe due to his age, maybe they've got someone else lined up as a replacement already?) but the board are basically saying we're not in any need to sell or rush into anything, however on some occasions there might be a deal which is in the best interests of all parties, in which case there's no need to hold off progressing things. Seems reasonable to me.

Well i guess they could have said..

" we have no need to sell but will if the deal/price is right"

"It is our preference not to partake in in any transfers before new coach is here but will if we deem the deal/price is right"

Because that`s what it means ..perhaps they should have said nothing unless they were going to say

"We will not sell or partake in any transfers/deals/negotiations until our new manager/coach is here"

I know it is, but as I just said I was using an extreme to highlight the flaw in logic of your blanket approach. It appears you can't grasp that concept.

Nope, its just that I cant take a discussion with you seriously when you have to go to such "extremes" to make your point :lol:

Nope, its just that I cant take a discussion with you seriously when you have to go to such "extremes" to make your point :lol:

Okay, lets make things easier for you, what if someone bid £3m for Hooiveld. Would you want the shutters you describe to remain closed? If not, then your point is flawed.

I've interpreted the statement to say that unless we receive a ridiculous offer for one of our players, we will hold fire on making any decisions until we have a new manager in place. That's totally fair enough I'd say. If someone did offer £40m for Lallana or £30m+ for Shaw, I'd dare say RK and KL would drive them there for the medical themselves, again, fair enough in my opinion if someone is prepared to pay well above true market value. Until they do that though, they've said no-one will go.

So the bed-wetters have their statement, and they're now pulling it apart for not saying what they want it to. The board really can't win with some of you lot.

They obviously couldn't say "we won't sell anyone before there's a new manager" because they just have - but in pretty exceptional circumstances. If they now sell Lallana before there's a new manager as well, yeah, it's PR spin - but at the moment this appears genuine, and underlines a consistent position. They don't need to sell (there's no financial crisis), and they would prefer not to deal until there's a manager (in which case they should probably hurry up appointing the right person).

I do think they still could have made Liverpool wait, but Liverpool played the card of threatening to withdraw the offer, we chose to treat that as a genuine position and Lambert might well have not been the same player afterwards if he hadn't gone. I would have greatly preferred it if we had signed some replacements before selling anyone, though.

As for Lambert, I don't begrudge him the move at all, and it'll be interesting to see if he makes any impact for them. He's done better for us than anyone could have reasonably expected when we signed him, and his name will be forever linked with our rise back to the Premier League. Cheers Rickie, you'll be missed.

We're all going to moan either way, but I'm happy enough with the statement. They've given understandable reasons for letting Rickie go, and seems that they are taking a tougher stance on other players which is good to hear. Think it's vital we get a new manager in by the end of the week, and show that all of our ambition hasn't died just yet

So the bed-wetters have their statement, and they're now pulling it apart for not saying what they want it to. The board really can't win with some of you lot.

You got it. And they wont win with us until we start seeing some action, not words.

We have :

no manager, and subsequently no links to incoming players

no kit

no pre-season dates

no new contracts for Cork and Fonte