Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

Perhaps he doesn't know who's coming and going in Ralphy's office.

He is sorting it, so I'm sure he does.

if someone put £100 on Gary Pallister his odds would start coming in, it means nothing more than people are betting on it, and the SFC Manager market will be small enough that it can be manipulated.

He's also a terrible man-manager and awful tactically, and was very fortunate to have won the title for Man City considering they amount they spunked. His teams remind me of someone who doesn't really know what they're doing - just picking 11 players and hoping that it'd work. No cohesion, shape etc. He relied big-time on individual brilliance at City (as did AVB at Spurs, another overrated manager). Put him at a middling club and they'd be found out, big-time.

[TABLE=class: wikitable]

[TR]

[TH=colspan: 3]Total[/TH]

[TD=align: center]7002595000000000000595[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7002334000000000000334[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7002148000000000000148[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7002113000000000000113[/TD]

[TD=align: center]700156130000000000056.13[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Mancini's managerial record , all luck and Money of course like when he guided city to the Championship..awfull manager what a disgrace having such a total flop being linked to Saints.

[TABLE=class: wikitable]

[TR]

[TH=colspan: 3]Total[/TH]

[TD=align: center]7002595000000000000595[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7002334000000000000334[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7002148000000000000148[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7002113000000000000113[/TD]

[TD=align: center]700156130000000000056.13[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Mancini's managerial record , all luck and Money of course like when he guided city to the Championship..awfull manager what a disgrace having such a total flop being linked to Saints.

Do you have the sort codes for those?

Some of you are mental. I don't think he will come here but if he did he would be an incredible appointment. Will raise our profile and probably attract all sorts of players that were previously out of our league. Would probably be a big success as well.

Indeed far better than the majority of candidates that seem to be being raved over here, Mancini vs Koeman is just a no contest.

Some of you are mental. I don't think he will come here but if he did he would be an incredible appointment. Will raise our profile and probably attract all sorts of players that were previously out of our league. Would probably be a big success as well.

No no you don't understand, we wan't someone we have previously never heard of but turns out to be quite good! Or someone we heard of as a player and remember he did a good thing once but can't quite remember what it was. What we DON'T want is someone over 45 who has a proven track record at a number of large clubs, that would be rubbish!

Dreadful appointment. Can you imagine our Manic Depressant fans coping with Mancini being named our manager?

It would prove they've been right all summer long. No ambition, no forward thinking, no wish to try and push on through the glass ceiling.

No don't want Mancini, it will just harm too many of our fans.

Agreed. Particularly how does he tick the bringing on young players box?

Just because he has previously had a load of money and was able to buy players does that mean he is incapable of bringing through young players? The bloke has worked with world class players and would clearly be a step above the previous managers we have been linked with. If he were to come here it would signal intent and would be an incredible opportunity to turn us into a spurs or Everton for a number of years.

Dreadful appointment. Can you imagine our Manic Depressant fans coping with Mancini being named our manager?

It would prove they've been right all summer long. No ambition, no forward thinking, no wish to try and push on through the glass ceiling.

No don't want Mancini, it will just harm too many of our fans.

I am sure that they would get over it with a couple of signings and a bit of a hand up from the pharmaceutical and beverage industries.

Just to point out the bloody obvious, say Mancini comes here, just how long before he jumps ship? Can we cope with two successive managers leaving for Spurs after a year?

If he comes here (which he probably won't) then he will clearly have been promised big funds and will be expecting to challenge for trophies etc.

Mancini has now usurped Koeman in the odds at BetVictor.

For what it's worth, I'd be happy with either although Mancini is almost certainly the more exciting appointment. Completely agree with those who have suggested he'd be able to bring in the 'wow' factor in order to keep current players and sign some really big names.

I'm not sure why posters are suggesting he is so adverse to the youth - I mean, he signed up and coming British youngsters Rodwell, Sinclair and Johnson as well as promoting Belgian CB Boyata. Also, would he really be given the opportunity to fully exploit the amazing youth set ups at top clubs like Man City?

And anyone saying they would prefer someone with a lower profile so we can keep them longer, how did that work out with mopo? We should want the best person available and worry about the future when it happens. With some people they are almost saying they would prefer mediocrity if it means we keep our manager longer. I would prefer that we lose a load of players and maybe the manager next year than being near the relegation zone because it will mean we will have done fantastically well again.

No no you don't understand, we wan't someone we have previously never heard of but turns out to be quite good! Or someone we heard of as a player and remember he did a good thing once but can't quite remember what it was. What we DON'T want is someone over 45 who has a proven track record at a number of large clubs, that would be rubbish!

:lol: we also only want someone that plays the same style as Pooch and someone that is NOT British......

And anyone saying they would prefer someone with a lower profile so we can keep them longer, how did that work out with mopo? We should want the best person available and worry about the future when it happens. With some people they are almost saying they would prefer mediocrity if it means we keep our manager longer. I would prefer that we lose a load of players and maybe the manager next year than being near the relegation zone because it will mean we will have done fantastically well again.

Kind of agree with that, but would we be able to give him the cash spunkathon he'd need?

Kind of agree with that, but would we be able to give him the cash spunkathon he'd need?

I doubt it which is why I don't think he will come. If he does come though then clearly he will have been promised funds to a level that he is happy with (and to a level which has made him leave a champions league team) and that is potentially very exciting (as I said will almost certainly not happen.)

Nothing to do with profile - he's just an overrated, crap manager.

2001-02 Coppa Italia

2003-04 Coppa Italia

2004-05 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Serie A

2006-07 Seria A

2007-08 Serie A

2010-11 FA Cup

2011-12 Premier League title

2013-14 Turkish Cup

If they are the achievements of a crap manager, please point us to an example of a good manager.

2001-02 Coppa Italia

2003-04 Coppa Italia

2004-05 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Serie A

2006-07 Seria A

2007-08 Serie A

2010-11 FA Cup

2013-14 Turkish Cup

If they are the achievements of a crap manager, please point us to an example of a good manager.

Such a crap manager. He is beneath saints for sure.

I don't like him, think he's overrated and don't think he did a great job at city. Scraping the league with the last kick with the final kick of the game, which he had nothing to do with, doesn't quite cut in IMO

It's a bit short sighted to think that the league was "won" with the last kick of the season. just sayin.

youre re welcome to your opinion as is he, but perhaps it would be more useful to talk of specific circumstances and what you believe you done well and what makes him good, rather than a list with no context of expectations, resources etc.

I think a list pointing out what he has won (as opposed to erm every manager we have ever had who have won nothing of consequence) is a fairly persuasive argument against him being crap tbh.

Nothing to do with profile - he's just an overrated, crap manager.

2001-02 Coppa Italia

2003-04 Coppa Italia

2004-05 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Serie A

2006-07 Seria A

2007-08 Serie A

2010-11 FA Cup

2013-14 Turkish Cup

youre re welcome to your opinion as is he, but perhaps it would be more useful to talk of specific circumstances and what you believe you done well and what makes him good, rather than a list with no context of expectations, resources etc.

Overrated perhaps, but he clearly isn't "crap". Plenty of crap managers with huge resources fail to win things.

He still has a very impressive CV which is significantly better than any Southampton manager of the last 129 years before, during or after they took the Saints job.

......or is that just the bookies trying to offset the losses they'll get when they have to pay out on Koeman, anyway?

That's what I normally think in these cases. However, on Betfair today there has already been nearly twice as much bet on Mancini in the last few hours as on David Moyes in the last 2 weeks, which on the face of it seemed a much more likely appointment.

My only point was that without that one final kick he's not viewed in anywhere near the same esteem, regardless of what had gone before that season. Something out of his direct control massively boosted his reputation in a split second.

How very Clive Woodward

Which? Delusional or stupid are quite different.

I don't think anyone is delusional or thick for wanting him. I think he'd be an impressive appointment, but personally I wouldn't want him.

I'd save delusional for people wanting unicorns as the next manager.

Deluded - They think we might appoint someone better

Thick - They think we might appoint someone better

Works for me.

Couple of days ago the bookies were drastically reducing Ranieri's odds. I'd imagine a few punters went in on the back of it. Today it is Mancini, who has just resigned from a Champions League side, I would imagine a few punters will go in on this as well.

I am a bookies dream, but is this not just a rigging of the market to get a bit more money from punters before a manager is appointed. Koeman is still odds on.