Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

Mancini would be massively high profile but can't see it myself. He's a winner but also a cheque-book manager with no history of developing young players. Can't see him wanting to manage us, or him being a decent fit for us either.

He's also a terrible man-manager and awful tactically, and was very fortunate to have won the title for Man City considering they amount they spunked. His teams remind me of someone who doesn't really know what they're doing - just picking 11 players and hoping that it'd work. No cohesion, shape etc. He relied big-time on individual brilliance at City (as did AVB at Spurs, another overrated manager). Put him at a middling club and they'd be found out, big-time.

He relied big-time on individual brilliance at City (as did AVB at Spurs, another overrated manager). Put him at a middling club and they'd be found out, big-time.

This. We need someone who gets the group to overachieve, not someone who spends £200m (or whatever it was) and get £100m worth out of them.

He's also a terrible man-manager and awful tactically, and was very fortunate to have won the title for Man City considering they amount they spunked. His teams remind me of someone who doesn't really know what they're doing - just picking 11 players and hoping that it'd work. No cohesion, shape etc. He relied big-time on individual brilliance at City (as did AVB at Spurs, another overrated manager). Put him at a middling club and they'd be found out, big-time.

Spot on really. Could only see it ending in tears with him citing lack of funding from the board.

While some will dwell on negatives, this guy has an absolutely stunning playing and managing track record. Was not even at Galat for a whole season so forget that. Just have a look at what he has achieved.

I started this hoping for an unlikely Rafa Benitez as I felt with all the unsettled players we have we need someone who they are going to say "wow" to when he walks in the building. Mancini would absolutely do that

I had a fiver on Tuchel at 50s with 365 at 11am, I refreshed the market and he was into 14s. It doesn't take much to make such a move in these markets.

Bet 365 have been at odds with other betting shops. Tuchel was 12/1 at skybet at midnight this morning.

Thomas tuchel sounds like the type of appointment we would make,i like what i read about him,BUT at this moment in time a big name would be a massive statement of intent from the board,we need to know the ambition didnt go out the window when cortese left.

A big name like a mancini or possibley ranieri and to a lesser extent koeman would make players like adam think twice about jumping ship and really give the fanbase a lift.

Lots of stories connecting Mancini with us cropping up on the interweb. I suspect that's more down to the fact that, if he favours a return to the Premier League, we are probably the highest profile team looking for a manager at present. Lazy jouralism...

Lots of stories connecting Mancini with us cropping up on the interweb. I suspect that's more down to the fact that, if he favours a return to the Premier League, we are probably the highest profile team looking for a manager at present. Lazy jouralism...

You don't think its more than a coincidence that hours after Reed said paperwork was nearly complete, and 2 days after Mancini comiited his future to Galatasaray, and a whole month after the Turkish season finished, he resigns?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481644/Roberto-Mancini-LEAVES-Galatasaray-and-Southampton-are-in-the-frame-to-land-him

Roberto Mancini LEAVES Galatasaray… and Southampton are in the frame to land him

ROBERTO MANCINI could make a surprise return to the Premier League with the ex-Manchester City boss in the frame to fill the vacant Southampton post.

By: Charles PerrinPublished: Wed, June 11, 2014

Roberto Mancini, Manchester City, MCFC, Galatasary, departure, club statementRoberto Mancini has left Galatasaray by mutual consent[GETTY]

The 49-year-old left his job by mutual consent despite guiding Galatasaray to second in the Turkish league as well as cup success.

Only a few days ago, Mancini confirmed his desire to remain at the Turkish giants.

But in a statement released by the club, it stated he had left by mutual consent.

It read: "We have terminated Roberto Mancini's contract by mutual agreement.

Galatasaray club statement

"According to the agreement, Mr. Mancini does not have any further demands and both parties have decided to part company.

"We would like to thank Mancini for his success and achievements and wish him good luck for the future."

And Southampton who let Mauricio Pochettino join Tottenham, are in the frame to land Mancini.

The fiery Italian is a short as 9/1 with some bookmakers to assume the vacancy.

The express article was blatant. Southampton are in the frame to land him! Then you read down and find their source is "The fiery Italian is a short as 9/1 with some bookmakers to assume the vacancy."

Edit: check urself tokyos jimmyd posted that like an hour ago. Such fail! Also posting a third party news article in full is against site rules & should be subject to immediate infraction IMO

Edited by Bearsy

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481644/Roberto-Mancini-LEAVES-Galatasaray-and-Southampton-are-in-the-frame-to-land-him

Roberto Mancini LEAVES Galatasaray… and Southampton are in the frame to land him

ROBERTO MANCINI could make a surprise return to the Premier League with the ex-Manchester City boss in the frame to fill the vacant Southampton post.

By: Charles PerrinPublished: Wed, June 11, 2014

Roberto Mancini, Manchester City, MCFC, Galatasary, departure, club statementRoberto Mancini has left Galatasaray by mutual consent[GETTY]

The 49-year-old left his job by mutual consent despite guiding Galatasaray to second in the Turkish league as well as cup success.

Only a few days ago, Mancini confirmed his desire to remain at the Turkish giants.

But in a statement released by the club, it stated he had left by mutual consent.

It read: "We have terminated Roberto Mancini's contract by mutual agreement.

Galatasaray club statement

"According to the agreement, Mr. Mancini does not have any further demands and both parties have decided to part company.

"We would like to thank Mancini for his success and achievements and wish him good luck for the future."

And Southampton who let Mauricio Pochettino join Tottenham, are in the frame to land Mancini.

Lazy journalism.

I also hope it's not him, as he doesn't suit the profile that the club should be looking for.

Wow, gone from 9/1 to 6/4 favourite with certain wager mongers then, wouldn't that need a fair bit of money to make such a change or is it just arbitrary?

According to The Guardian article he is leaving because Galatasary's ambitions do not match his own it would appear.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/11/roberto-mancini-galatasaray-parted-company

This is after they qualified for the CL.

So, he seems unrealistic for us.

Don't know, it could well be that he sees it like me, that Lallana and Shaw are dispensable and he can get better for less. If you take Guan's 35 million as a base figure, shift Lallana and Shaw to add to it a bit we could build a bloody fantastic team for next season. Then again Turkey isn't everyone's cup of tea, they can probably get Yakin for less than Mancini to boot.

Things are truly never dull with the Saints. Last season was a rare example of mid-table mediocrity, usually it's a roller-coaster ending with moderate disappointment. So in that sense Mancini fits the profile perfectly. Out by Christmas, maybe slapping KL in the face on the way and lamping Osvaldo, followed by a great escape on the final day with Hoddle in charge.

Lazy journalism.

I also hope it's not him, as he doesn't suit the profile that the club should be looking for.

he doesn't? He played an offensive 4-3-3 at the end of the season. after playing a 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 too. he's only 49 and i'm sure he'll really like to prove a point to Man City...

The express article was blatant. Southampton are in the frame to land him! Then you read down and find their source is "The fiery Italian is a short as 9/1 with some bookmakers to assume the vacancy."

Edit: check urself tokyos jimmyd posted that like an hour ago. Such fail! Also posting a third party news article in full is against site rules & should be subject to immediate infraction IMO

**** you bear, what am I expected to actually read threads? I'm not mlg you know. I'd be here all day. I'm a very busy man you know. High risk post for you, I heard Steve G cross references bear and infraction posts dailly to see how quickly he can ban you and frame me for it.

It's about understanding whether the manager and club suit one another, not mindlessly trumpeting a candidate because he is a big name.

And those that don't "trumpet" clearly have a full understanding of whether a person and a club are a good fit... don't they??

My point wasn't at all to do with whether Mancini becomes our manager or not - in this market I would definitely be a layer but it was to do with posters slating his record. The majority saying that Mancini bought success... would they say the same about our 3 previous managers??