Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

I think that confirms what a previous poster said about the Mirror (and Mail) knowing absolutely nothing. There is nothing in Steve Bruce's managerial CV that sounds anything like what Les Reed said about the new manager. Steve Bruce may be a nice enough chap (who is one of the few not to blame defeats on the ref) and I like him, but if he were to come here it would mean Les Reed lied throughout a 20 minute video. And I don't think he did.

I get the feeling the mirror makes up it's stories from this forum . I'm sure I read yesterday on here that the keoman talks had stalled and someone mentioned Bruce .

Interesting tonight the mirror come up with that story

I would take guess tomorrow they will print we are chasing Gerry Francis and terry butcher

Bruce, 53, has interrupted a family holiday in Portugal to return to Hull to tell chief executive Ehab Allam that he is happy at the KC Stadium and to discuss summer transfers.

:lol: why would ANYONE ever do that :lol:

There has been a lot of sh1te written about our club these last few months but that article takes the biscuit.

Absolutely ludicrous sentence that is supposed to somehow convey that Brucey is prepared to leave Hull for us? Deary me :lol:

I get the feeling the mirror makes up it's stories from this forum . I'm sure I read yesterday on here that the keoman talks had stalled and someone mentioned Bruce .

Interesting tonight the mirror come up with that story

I would take guess tomorrow they will print we are chasing Gerry Francis and terry butcher

No, Hoddle is once again a front runner, apparently.

This may encourage Southampton and they can offer Bruce a bigger budget than what he has at Hull.

The standard of English should tell you everything you need to know about this article. Probably written by a Work Experience kid, as everyone who can - has fooked off to Brazil.

Got a feeling that Les set out his stall yesterday to pre empt an unexpected appointment today.

Les seemed quite a lot more hesitant when it came to his preamble about friendlies, as soon as the topic went on to managers the assuredness bolstered massively.

Not to mention the timing of release mid evening was more than a bit curious.

Sort of says that, but also that any club wanting to take him on would have to pay a fee to Mainz. Could that be the paperwork Reed was talking about? :rolleyes:

i like the look of tuchal personally and he defo fits the profile we seem to favour. He insists on all players to committing to attack and defence whilst preaching fitness. Turns out he is a big fan of the bielsa style and importantly has lots of experience managing acadamies ans using academy players at mainz.

sounds like a perfect fit if you look at sucession planning.

Well, if it is Tuchel then a big shout out to Dubai Saints' German based member for mentioning him and giving some detail about 6,000 pages ago on the other thread.

If he forgot to put 20 Euros on him for our beer fund at the time I'll KILL him!

This web site had an " insider" saying tuchel was being looked at back in march.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/43081-southampton-bundesliga-boss-in-frame.php

I didn't know much about the guy, hence the search of Google where I found this. Lots of positives about him on the internet from respected people. Talk of spurs and Everton previously. Starting to prefer him to RK, although RK is a bigger name in the game. If we accept that Adam and Luke are gone and therefore don't need a big name to try and keep them, could be a good shout.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Reed did mention that they've had applicants from all over Europe who have won trophies etc. Champs league experience.....2+2....?

I think he actually says 'played in the Champion's League'. At least when I watched it yesterday I thought that it was as likely Reed meant a manager that had played Champion's league football as one that had managed in it.

Tuchel would definitely fit the 'paperwork hold up' statement as the Mainz chairman is no doubt holding out for a sizeable compensation payment.

The more I think about it the more Tuchel seems like the perfect fit.

Tuchel is a free agent. Sky Sports reported he reached a settlement on the 21st may after having resigned from Mainz previously.

Mine was an A N Other vote as I'd like to think that Tuchel was on their 4-man short list. Not only do I liked what I've read about him, and the opinions on here that he'd be a good fit, I would like to see us stick with the 'young manager' approach. Of the other three in the Poll, only Yakin fits with that and even Koeman is the wrong side of 50. Although Koeman remains the favourite for most fans, I'd worry about his track record of not staying anywhere for long because given our record on managers, even in the Leibherr era, we are still looking for some stability.

Tuchel is a free agent. Sky Sports reported he reached a settlement on the 21st may after having resigned from Mainz previously.

I'm not sure this is correct. The report on Sky Sports that I saw says the agreement is that Tuchel will no longer be paid by the club and that he intends to take a year out, but he is not free to take another job in that time without Mainz's permission and any club that did take him would have to pay a fee to Mainz.

Paperwork = Contract negotiations, length, remuneration, relocation costs, bonus etc. bit also severances, get-outs, assurances etc. These are the things that inventively take time. Imagine agent, lawyers and football manager ego's. Might also be assurances and compensation to another club if employed, non poaching agreements for players etc. as well.

I'm not sure this is correct. The report on Sky Sports that I saw says the agreement is that Tuchel will no longer be paid by the club and that he intends to take a year out, but he is not free to take another job in that time without Mainz's permission and any club that did take him would have to pay a fee to Mainz.

I stand corrected... That'll teach me not to read an article too quickly

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11903/9320545/bundesliga-mainz-agree-settlement-with-former-boss-thomas-tuchel

Bruce's agent working hard to get him a new contract at Hull.

This all day long... Very, very clever if completely bleedin' obvious. Still you have to strike while the iron is hot.. Bruce might have a shocker next year and get the boot.. improved terms this summer would soften the blow.

Paperwork = These are the things that inventively take time. Imagine agent, lawyers and football manager ego's. Might also be assurances and compensation to another club if employed, non poaching agreements for players etc. as well.

Absolutely right. I think Reed dealt with it as well as possible in the interview- it seemed pretty clear that the board knows who they want and their man wants to come here. This could have become a circus (much like Sp*** pursuit of Pochettino) but credit to the club (and whoever the new manager is) that it hasn't.