Closing in on a Manager

St Chalet

Your Choice  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice

My only point was that without that one final kick he's not viewed in anywhere near the same esteem, regardless of what had gone before that season. Something out of his direct control massively boosted his reputation in a split second.

Yeah, good job he installed the never give up attitude and fighting spirit into the super rich players he got lucky with. Your point is fairly fickle, you are entitled to it though.

As fellow nutjobs will no doubt be aware, it is REALLY difficult & dangerous to get all excited and comment on something like this.

Too many memories of the Maradona, Riquelme and other insane ideas that the phew sprayed around back in their one day in the sun

He'll look great in the red and white scarf he just bought in West Quay.

He won't wear that - my mother is knitting him one that is 8 feet long. Told her its just paper talk created out of absolutely nothing except he's out of a job and Southampton have a vacancy.

Anyone who thinks Mancini will come to us is deluded . Unless we're going to pay way way above the odds, what on earth is the attraction for him? If we are going to throw around the type of money to tempt him, Poch would have stayed.

He's left his job and people wet themselves. Just because Katie Price has dumped her latest husband , doesn't mean she's going to let me give her one does it?

Anyone who thinks Mancini will come to us is deluded . Unless we're going to pay way way above the odds, what on earth is the attraction for him? If we are going to throw around the type of money to tempt him, Poch would have stayed.

He's left his job and people wet themselves. Just because Katie Price has dumped her latest husband , doesn't mean she's going to let me give her one does it?

Would you want to do Katie Price ...?

Back on topic it is unlikely but the bookies have narrowed the odds in response to betting markets and betting markets usually respond to gossip. No smoke without fire and all that ;)

Have to admit I would be shocked if he came - a 'big name' and maybe not what I would have seen us going for, not exactly know for the academy side of things, but would be the kind of manager to hopefully attract, and keep, good players.

2001-02 Coppa Italia

2003-04 Coppa Italia

2004-05 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Coppa Italia

2005-06 Serie A

2006-07 Seria A

2007-08 Serie A

2010-11 FA Cup

2011-12 Premier League title

2013-14 Turkish Cup

If they are the achievements of a crap manager, please point us to an example of a good manager.

Im not really up on Mancini - how many of these were actual real achievements for the team - EG the Premier League on the last day of the season wasn't a massive achievement for a team with 1£Bn invested in it and the Turkish cup is that like the equivalent of Celtic winning the Scottish cup - this is a genuine question im not slating him

Im not really up on Mancini - how many of these were actual real achievements for the team - EG the Premier League on the last day of the season wasn't a massive achievement for a team with 1£Bn invested in it and the Turkish cup is that like the equivalent of Celtic winning the Scottish cup - this is a genuine question im not slating him

all of them I would suggest

Loads of managers fail to win things with resources.

:blush:I do hope I'm wrong but I don't believe Mancini to be that good. He was lucky to win the league with Man City even with a squad that Wigley would have take. To European glory

he was lucky?

how many lucky teams win the league in England?

fergie only won the european cup twice in nearly 30 years. and you expect mancini to do it in 3?

he was lucky?

how many lucky teams win the league in England?

fergie only won the european cup twice in nearly 30 years. and you expect mancini to do it in 3?

he won the league after nearly f###### it up. With the resources there for him he should have won more and at a canter. Utd won the league the season after with probably their worst side for decades (not since of course)

As I said if he becomes Saints manager then I want him to do well, but I'm not sure of his record bringing young players through and using sparse resources

he won the league after nearly f###### it up. With the resources there for him he should have won more and at a canter. Utd won the league the season after with probably their worst side for decades (not since of course)

As I said if he becomes Saints manager then I want him to do well, but I'm not sure of his record bringing young players through and using sparse resources

but he won the league.

he has been successful nearly every single season he has been a manager

3 seasons at City

he won the FA cup

won the league

runners up in FA cup

Runners up in league

every single club and season he has done very very well

He doesn't seem to be a good fit for us.

This.

I'm not sure that he is the sort of manager or character to fit Saints. I don't get the impression that he creates a strong team ethic or harmony and raises the performance of lesser players to new levels. Saints is more about the team than the individuals and I'm not convinced that is his approach.