Chants

Master Bates

The fact that I heard some saints fans last night saying that they were glad they were only going to the 2 games (Forest & Man Utd) proves that the chantings of:

He hates plastic fans,

he hates plastic faaaaans,

Bradley Wright-Phillips,

he hates plastic fans.

Here for United,

You're only here for United,

Here for United,

You're only here for United.

Stand up,

If you're here next week,

Stand up,

Stand up,

Stand up,

If you're here next week.

were justified.

Made me smile the slight muttering from the Northam accusing the bigger crowd of only being there for the Man Utd game, when as the the 3 minute board went up on 90 mins The Northam was 2 thirds empty: stones & glass houses methinks.

A lot that left infront of me were peeps that had never been before, don't really know about behind me, t'was busy trying to watch the game, seeing 44 players on a pitch is quite something.

At least those season ticketers that left will be there next week.

A lot that left infront of me were peeps that had never been before, don't really know about behind me, t'was busy trying to watch the game, seeing 44 players on a pitch is quite something.

At least those season ticketers that left will be there next week.

yeah, and watching more cr ap..who's the fool here?

Made me smile the slight muttering from the Northam accusing the bigger crowd of only being there for the Man Utd game, when as the the 3 minute board went up on 90 mins The Northam was 2 thirds empty: stones & glass houses methinks.

Walking out before the end of the game after watching that crap week in, week out is fully justified.

I think it is f*cking disgusting that people come out of the woodwork so much at the sight of cheap tickets and Manchester United. The FACT is that if all these people turned up every week with the 15,000 loyals, we wouldn't be broke, facing administration, having to sell our best players and playing the youth team with an inept manager.

The Northam are fully justified to mock the plastics and hold their season tickets in the air, at the end of the day, it's mostly the plastics themselves who find it annoying.

15,000 loyals = administration

27,000 every week = Money to spend, decent players, decent coach.

It realy is that simple.

The fact is the Northam Stand has the highest concentration of STH's in the stadium and is the biggest contributor to away attendances, without them we would have hardly anyone following Saints at home or away. So yes, Northam fans are the loyal 'super' fans.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Exactly I wasnt there yesterday and its only the third home game I've missed but it annoys me that the 10k (ish) weren't there for the boring cold 0-0 with plymouth but as there is a possibility of seeing united they go yesterday

I dont mind though that people went due to reduced prices but that may show the club that lower prices will increase the gate

Walking out before the end of the game after watching that crap week in, week out is fully justified.

I think it is f*cking disgusting that people come out of the woodwork so much at the sight of cheap tickets and Manchester United. The FACT is that if all these people turned up every week with the 15,000 loyals, we wouldn't be broke, facing administration, having to sell our best players and playing the youth team with an inept manager.

The Northam are fully justified to mock the plastics and hold their season tickets in the air, at the end of the day, it's mostly the plastics themselves who find it annoying.

It realy is that simple.

The fact is the Northam Stand has the highest concentration of STH's in the stadium and is the biggest contributor to away attendances, without them we would have hardly anyone following Saints at home or away. So yes, Northam fans are the loyal 'super' fans.

We had 27k for most of the matches in the first years at St Mary's. Therefore if you are correct, why then are we now in the mess we are in? Answer **** poor management throughout SFC.

You like so many on here have an overly simplstic view of the root cause of what is about to destroy the club.

I used to go - 40 plus years. Couldn't give a stuff about what they charge to enteR St Mary's. If I wanted to go I would. To be frank I no longer care.

As for the idea of watching Man U. I have been offered 3 tickets already. Don't want to know.

We had 27k for most of the matches in the first years at St Mary's. Therefore if you are correct, why then are we now in the mess we are in? Answer **** poor management throughout SFC.

You like so many on here have an overly simplstic view of the root cause of what is about to destroy the club.

I used to go - 40 plus years. Couldn't give a stuff about what they charge to enteR St Mary's. If I wanted to go I would. To be frank I no longer care.

As for the idea of watching Man U. I have been offered 3 tickets already. Don't want to know.

It is not a simplistic view.

Our 'break-even' point is about 19k.... we are getting 15k.... that means we are losing money.

27k is considerably more than the break even point...... which means we make money.

True or False?

Yes people like you are plastics and have no right to call yourself a supporter, a 'fan' yes, not a supporter though, you admit you don't care anymore, and it is people like you that are banging in the nails for the coffin holding SFC.

That simple, simplistic if you want, but it is a fact.... the people staying away are costing the club money, which is sending the business bankrupt..... FACT, not if's, no buts..... FACT

Our 'break-even' point is about 19k.... we are getting 15k.... that means we are losing money.

27k is considerably more than the break even point...... which means we make money.

True or False?

Yes people like you are plastics and have no right to call yourself a supporter, a 'fan' yes, not a supporter though, you admit you don't care anymore, and it is people like you that are banging in the nails for the coffin holding SFC.

That simple, simplistic if you want, but it is a fact.... the people staying away are costing the club money, which is sending the business bankrupt..... FACT, not if's, no buts..... FACT

Totally agree with you SRS!

There were a lot of Plastics' sat near me yesterday in the Chapel. They all went 10 minutes early for half time, got back late for the 2nd half and then left early.

After the display they saw yesterday I doubt that they will be back in a hurry, at least I will have a bit more space and not have to constantly stand up and sit down to let them past. I am now dreading the Manure game. Just hope the atmosphere is better, for 27k it was pretty poor.

It realy is that simple.

I have every sympathy with this view my old son - I was there, and the week before and the one before that.

We are better fans than some.

But those other fans are disillusioned and disheartened.

Fecking hell, I had to persuade my mum to let me bunk off part of her Xmas party to get to the Reading home game and miss half my family I only see once a year - and you know what, I rang her last night and said, forget it. I'll be there with the cheese and pineapple on sticks and seeing my little nieces, nephews and what have you.

Why?

Because none of them kicks me in the nuts and sticks their hands in my pocket while doing it.

If we'd given everything yesterday and got dicked 4-0 - I would have gone home happy, really I would.

And some little git coming out and saying 'it was one of those days' just shows him up to be one of those players who ain't gonna make it.

They MUST accept responsibility, shut their mouths, get on the training ground, work their fecking nuts off over Xmas and SHOW us that they are a football team.

Not the rejects from the chorus line of the Bolshoi!!!

You shouldnt give money to charities once or twice a year either. The people who make regular contributions get all huffy about plastic donations. They would rather a few more African children starved than than allow my money to get mixed in with their 'super sponsorship.' Wanting the same thing isnt important. They are better than us, and they like to remind us of it.

You shouldnt give money to charities once or twice a year either. The people who make regular contributions get all huffy about plastic donations. They would rather a few more African children starved than than allow my money to get mixed in with their 'super sponsorship.' Wanting the same thing isnt important. They are better than us, and they like to remind us of it.

It's hardly the same thing. FWIW I am just pleased when the stadium is full because it is a better atmosphere and gives the club some money (although I do feel superior for having a season ticket! :D)

True or False?

Do you honestly believe the club makes money if it averages more than 19k on the home gate?

:rolleyes:

It's hardly the same thing. FWIW I am just pleased when the stadium is full because it is a better atmosphere and gives the club some money (although I do feel superior for having a season ticket! :D)

I suppose it depends on your perspective. I feel superior because I dont have to watch that sh*t every fortnight, and have an extra £350 in my pocket.

After 20 minutes yesterday, I was excited. We were playing alright, the crowd was good, and I could see the appeal of making a trip to SMS a regular thing. By half time, I was genuinely feeling sorry for you guys. And when people stated waving their STs in the air, I just laughed and thought, 'I honestly wouldnt be proud of that little booklet at the moment.'

True or False?

False

Average Gates vs Financial Performance

2007-08: 22,253 - Financial Loss

2006-07: 23,556 - Financial Loss

2005-06: 23,614 - Financial Loss

If you take the last year, where we made a loss of £4.9m with average gates of 22,253, if we had sold an additional 7000 tickets @ £30 a pop across all 23 home games, it would have generated £4.8m extra turnover - not including the extra operational costs. We would still have made a loss with an average gate of 29,253 and that's with a profit of £9.4m on player trading.

I know costs have been cut this season, but we haven't got £9.4m worth of players to sell and I doubt the cost savings are as much as this. So to blame the mess we are in on the stay aways sounds like it has come from dear old rupes himself (You're not Stu Rupert Saint BTW?).

Granted things wouldn't be as bad if the stay aways came back, but it wouldn't be that rosy either. So the gloating yesterday proves what exactly?

I can't believe as a regular attender that anyone on here is proud of saying that they are better fans etc. A group of us had STs originally going back to the Dell but a lot of them couldn't face more of Rupert's errors and poor leadership and didn't renew. Because I have to drive to games now I don't even get a few beers in the Guide Dog beforehand because watching yesterday sober was awful.

It shows that the current board MUST GO NOW if the fans are this badly divided. Fans are arguing like they are Saints and Pompey fans and it makes me so sad to see and hear it. Lowe has his proxy sorted for the AGM so there won't be any change. Administration would be awful, SMS would be sold off but it just looks inevitable at some stage.

False

If you take the last year, where we made a loss of £4.9m with average gates of 22,253, if we had sold an additional 7000 tickets @ £30 a pop across all 23 home games, it would have generated £4.8m extra turnover - not including the extra operational costs. We would still have made a loss with an average gate of 29,253 and that's with a profit of £9.4m on player trading.

I know costs have been cut this season, but we haven't got £9.4m worth of players to sell and I doubt the cost savings are as much as this. So to blame the mess we are in on the stay aways sounds like it has come from dear old rupes himself (You're not Stu Rupert Saint BTW?).

Granted things wouldn't be as bad if the stay aways came back, but it wouldn't be that rosy either. So the gloating yesterday proves what exactly?

Spot on and hopefully this "I'm a better fan than you" nonsense will cease.

It realy is that simple.

:smt044

Is this the same bloke that has boasted before he doesn't go to watch the match or support the team, he goes to meet up with mates and get p*ssed?

The same bloke who will stop watching and supporting his team for the last 10 minutes of the first half so he can get his half-time pint earlier?

The same bloke who so loves his flat lager in a PLASTIC cup?

:smt044

Sorry, am i missing something?

15,ooo x £28 = £420,000

27,000 x £15 = £405,000

Where is the increased revenue???

And before you say it i know us ST's still paid full price but the £5 kids tickets surely wiped that out?

All yesterdays pathetic miserable performance achieved was convincing those c12,000 fans they were right to stay away and save their money!!

True or False?

How do you know our break even point is about 19K?

The people staying away aren't costing the club money - a series of **** decisions at board level are costing the club money. Football's too ****ing expensive to justify spending stupid money on it week in week out when you're, to all intents and purposes, being fleeced.

Fair enough to those who have got season tickets but you're being taken for a ride. Going to football is a hard and painful habit to break but when you realise you're being ****ed over and that you're no longer a supporter but a customer it makes it a bit easier.

It realy is that simple.

As the Wildhearts sing, "...you don't belong, unless your c**k gets hard at a football song..."

15,ooo x £28 = £420,000

27,000 x £15 = £405,000

And before you say it i know us ST's still paid full price but the £5 kids tickets surely wiped that out?

All yesterdays pathetic miserable performance achieved was convincing those c12,000 fans they were right to stay away and save their money!!

Probably only about 2k of the 15k are paying £28. ST holders pay a lot less, kids a lot less etc. I doubt we make any where near 400k per game.

My third game this season and i live in Florida! I'm hoping the chant was not directed at me or like minded souls.

Everything about yesterday sucked... including the atmosphere. All the adversity in our club is being compounded by equally fractioned support. I was a season ticket holder through the Branfoot era and i all considered now the worst I have know as a saint. At least under Branfoot the fans were united! Now we can't even share a beer! Very, very sad.

My third game this season and i live in Florida! I'm hoping the chant was not directed at me or like minded souls.

Everything about yesterday sucked... including the atmosphere. All the adversity in our club is being compounded by equally fractioned support. I was a season ticket holder through the Branfoot era and i all considered now the worst I have know as a saint. At least under Branfoot the fans were united! Now we can't even share a beer! Very, very sad.

Only your third game and you only live in Florida? you should be ashamed. ;)

It realy is that simple.

Listen young man, firstly when you start work one day and you have to pay adult prices you will realise that paying a proportion of your wages to watch rubbish does grate, week in week out. Like your dad I don't mind paying for my kids but I do object to supporting a team that doesn't care.

As for your assertion that you are a better supporter than those who chose to go yesterday, perhaps for the first time or at least it's safe to assume for some time, what gives you the right to prejudge their respective circumstances perhaps they unlike your parents don't have sufficient income or aren't able to pay their kids pocket money to go and watch each week and this was a one off treat.

The main thing is they came, might have returned and I suspect now due to that performance won't after Man U and frankly who can blame them.

As for the Northam, frankly they are often an embarrassment, the same songs, leaving early almost every match (yes, every match were losing) and if you want to see the ugliest and most ignorant chavs in the western hemisphere that's the place to be FACT!

and if you want to see the ugliest and most ignorant chavs in the western hemisphere that's the place to be FACT!

To be fair Chi Saint, not that I am supporting Stu Rupert Saint, but I would suggest that the ugliest and most ignorant chavs in the western hemisphere probably reside in a PO postcode.

Ha ha, another thread on how it's the fans fault we're in this predicament (be that die hard STH or plastics). That's ********. Fans don't pick the team, don't play and don't pick the manager either. Fans support their team for entertainment and enjoyment - I didn't see any of that on offer yesterday.

As for STH's having a laugh at "plastic fan" expense. That's fine - I thought it was funny. Frankly though it's a pretty poor state of affairs when one section of the crowd has only the point of being "better" fans than the others to sing about. I'd rather they had a decent performance to cheer but sadly they didn't.

True or False?

I really do not give a stuff whether I am regarded as plastic. Sadly trips to Southampton FC last year were pretty awful and I took the decision that a 300 mile return trip to S'pton each game was just no longer enjoyable and did not renew this year.

Will I return? On route to the I of W maybe but just don't feel like I belong at SMS now and much of the comment on this site rather confirms that view.

lol

I think the chants were justified, so many plastic tossers moan on here about the quality of football, yet if they actually showed some support we would be in a much better situation.

The money excuse is just ****** as well - the classic plastic excuse, it cost just as much in previous seasons.

I stayed until the end to avoid the rush....

I know a lot of people that went yesterday did so because at £15 it was well within their budgets at this time of year and also considering how precarious a lot of these peoples job situations are in this present economic climate. And these same people will not be doing the Man Ure cup game because at 30 quid a pop they cannot afford it for the reasons stated above.

15,ooo x £28 = £420,000

27,000 x £15 = £405,000

of the 15k:

10k paying £15

5k paying £25

£375k

of the 27k

27k paying £15 (ST equates to £15 a game)

£405k

so the larger crowd did bring in a little extra, but if you offered £15 prices every week then no one would buy a season ticket the following year, which leads to lower crowds.

of the 15k:

10k paying £15

5k paying £25

£375k

of the 27k

27k paying £15 (ST equates to £15 a game)

£405k

so the larger crowd did bring in a little extra, but if you offered £15 prices every week then no one would buy a season ticket the following year, which leads to lower crowds.

Mine work out more like £18 a game?

tbh i was a bit p1ssed off yesterday,i didnt have my usual elbow room,i had to queue for a p1ss,i had to queue for a drink,i had to get up about 30 times to let people in,there was an abundance of plastics who couldnt find their seats and just stood in the aisles scratching their heads and most of the people around me just moaned about everything (admittedly there was a lot to moan about)..........makes me wonder if it is worth a full stadium:-)

tbh i was a bit p1ssed off yesterday,i didnt have my usual elbow room,i had to queue for a p1ss,i had to queue for a drink,i had to get up about 30 times to let people in,there was an abundance of plastics who couldnt find their seats and just stood in the aisles scratching their heads and most of the people around me just moaned about everything (admittedly there was a lot to moan about)..........makes me wonder if it is worth a full stadium:-)

Quite right!. Wait 'til next season! ;)

False

Good Post!

To sum things up - under Lowe it will always be Fan v Fan. Divided.

Lowe goes = fans not divided. Simplistic maybe but read this forum tonight and it is evident his dark presence is ripping this club apart.