Liverpool vs Saints - which ONE player did we miss the most

StratfordSaint

We played very well vs Liverpool, especially 2nd half.

My question is - if we could have had only one of our outgoing players in for this match, who would have made the most difference?

For me it would have been Rickie - Pelle didn't quite cut it but hopefully will get better. Rickie would have held the play up better, and I think created a few more killer passes. Everyone else in the incoming brigade I was happy with.

COYR.

We played very well vs Liverpool, especially 2nd half.

My question is - if we could have had only one of our outgoing players in for this match, who would have made the most difference?

For me it would have been Rickie - Pelle didn't quite cut it but hopefully will get better. Rickie would have held the play up better, and I think created a few more killer passes. Everyone else in the incoming brigade I was happy with.

COYR.

Not exactly an outgoing player, but I'd say the one player we missed most yesterday was Jay Rodriguez. Rodriguez and Tadic on either flank would have caused them so many more problems, which would have pushed the hopeless Glen Johnson back and stopped him getting forward. We already had the beating of them in midfield, stopping both their full backs from supporting the attack would have been a massive help.

Not exactly an outgoing player, but I'd say the one player we missed most yesterday was Jay Rodriguez. Rodriguez and Tadic on either flank would have caused them so many more problems, which would have pushed the hopeless Glen Johnson back and stopped him getting forward. We already had the beating of them in midfield, stopping both their full backs from supporting the attack would have been a massive help.

Lovren for me.

We had the chances to win that game, our lack of defensive assertiveness cost us dearly with those two cheap goals. With Lovren and Fonte at the back we would have been more confident under pressure and repelled the Scouse attacks.

Lovren for me.

We had the chances to win that game, our lack of defensive assertiveness cost us dearly with those two cheap goals. With Lovren and Fonte at the back we would have been more confident under pressure and repelled the Scouse attacks.

Sounds funny, but an interested Osvaldo would have won us that IMO. Not sure Lovren would have prevented either of their goals and maybe their centre back wouldn't have got done by Tadic for the first!

That said, Lovren will be the biggest miss over the season.

Sounds funny, but an interested Osvaldo would have won us that IMO. Not sure Lovren would have prevented either of their goals and maybe their centre back wouldn't have got done by Tadic for the first!

That said, Lovren will be the biggest miss over the season.

Agreed. The best form of defence is attack and he would have been a handful if playing to his best

Agreed. The best form of defence is attack and he would have been a handful if playing to his best

my thoughts exactly.

my thoughts exactly.

Le Tiss without any shadow of a doubt!!! . . . . . But on a more "serious" but nonetheless still fun note [and I know this won't be popular] but for me Lallana [on form of course] his creativity would have IMHO competed the unwrapping of the Liverpool Midfield and 2-2 or perhaps 2-3 even? [As the Great Man once said "nearly all games are won or lost in midfield"]

Le Tiss without any shadow of a doubt!!! . . . . . But on a more "serious" but nonetheless still fun note [and I know this won't be popular] but for me Lallana [on form of course] his creativity would have IMHO competed the unwrapping of the Liverpool Midfield and 2-2 or perhaps 2-3 even? [As the Great Man once said "nearly all games are won or lost in midfield"]

Ironic that it was Lovren dozing off that gave us the goal.

Not really fair on Lovren, or on Tadic because it was the quality of the flick that made the goal. Without criticising Yoshida, if Lovren had been in our team isn't it likely we would have won?

Ironic that it was Lovren dozing off that gave us the goal.

Not really fair on Lovren, or on Tadic because it was the quality of the flick that made the goal. Without criticising Yoshida, if Lovren had been in our team isn't it likely we would have won?