How many more are big enough to apologise?

corsacar saint

The little matter of her not being able to respond as well - I suspect a lot of the insulters wouldn't have said it if she had an account, never mind to her face.

It is my understanding that she does.... Which made it all the more outrageous that people were doing it.

I for one like her, as I posted several times over the summer, she was coming to games in 2010 and bringing her nephew/son with her so she clearly has an interest and care. The summer was testing for sure. Looks like we have come through it and the fans can now look to trust her, the family and the board. Onwards and upwards.

Plus Koeman is a beast!

The little matter of her not being able to respond as well - I suspect a lot of the insulters wouldn't have said it if she had an account, never mind to her face.

It is my understanding that she does.... Which made it all the more outrageous that people were doing it.

Crikey, I’m kinda hoping you’re wrong about that – I would hate to think that Katharina Liebherr has had to read some of the outrageously insulting stuff that has been written on here these past few months.

But, if you’re right that she does read this forum, then I, for one, would like to take this opportunity to once again thank her and Markus for all they have done for the Saints these past five years.

You credit those who hurled their puerile insults at Katherina or the board with far too much integrity and honour if you believe that they might be capable of having a conscience, let alone a guilty one.

The least we can expect of them is that in the near future they will be a bit sheepish about having been made to look foolish, but I don't hold out much hope that they will have learned any lessons in humility when any similar situation arises in the future, unless they mature and grow up in the meantime.

That is true, sadly. Whether lessons have been learned or not by many of us could be debated for ever. Are we wiser after the events. I think we might be, just a little...

... until the next crisis.

But certainly serious abuse of any kind should be exposed on here.

I for one like her, as I posted several times over the summer, she was coming to games in 2010 and bringing her nephew/son with her so she clearly has an interest and care. The summer was testing for sure. Looks like we have come through it and the fans can now look to trust her, the family and the board. Onwards and upwards.

Plus Koeman is a beast!

This is not good news. I know you have to have thick skin in business but if she read some of the comments on here she must have been gutted. I dont know why the Mods didnt stamp them out as soon as they started. You can get an infraction for abusing a fellow poster but say what you like about the owner and that is fair game. The personal insults against her were well and truly out of order.

To those who wish to apologise, that's very magnanimous of you, you have my respect for what little it's worth.

To those who feel that they have no need to apologise, that's fine by me too, but please bear it in mind as you get older and hopefully wiser that things aren't always what they seem at first.

Correct.

The most laughable issue throughout the summer was the constant accusations that Reed, Ralph and Co were lying to us ("Abusing us" according to one forum genius) while the white lies and double talk from the players was swallowed whole.

Far too many dim fans happy to swallow the "I would have stayed but the ambition changed" tripe while at the same time calling out Reed for lying and thinking how jolly clever they are.

The departing players played the gullible fans like a dream and strolled off to their six figure weekly wages no problem.

lol, so when we were told that no one would be sold until a new manager was in place came to pass did it?

That had the fans not go into meltdown when the players were leaving, that Morgan would still be here?

The club has taken in a lot more than spent out, they have dismantled a successful squad, and at present we don't know if the new team will gel.

the best thing it seems to me they did was get Koeman, whose own reputation and judgement got in some good players, not IMO Reed or Krueger. As in your words in another thread 'it was a monumental mess up'

lol, so when we were told that no one would be sold until a new manager was in place came to pass did it?

That had the fans not go into meltdown when the players were leaving, that Morgan would still be here?

The club has taken in a lot more than spent out, they have dismantled a successful squad, and at present we don't know if the new team will gel.

the best thing it seems to me they did was get Koeman, whose own reputation and judgement got in some good players, not IMO Reed or Krueger. As in your words in another thread 'it was a monumental mess up'

You did say they were 'abusing us', didn't you?

once we got past the "asset-stripping " and " club for sale " comments, I noted that few people reverted to those regular criticisms we saw so much last season.

" Lambert is only good enough for 30 mins. off the bench " (or words to that effect)......well, whether it's Liverpool or England, from now on he'll be lucky to get that much playing time, (barring injuries to S&S).

" Lallana never finishes a game ...." not quite true, but at a rough count he was subbed around 20 times last season. Why so often?...carrying an injury that won't heal? ....or...?

Someone noted (jokingly or were they ITK?) ...that when Luke Shaw signed his contract (aged 18) it was with the understanding that after a year he'd be allowed to move to Man.Utd ..(guess or fact?)

Although I enjoyed his contribution last season, I have little sympathy for Dejan Lovren's " outburst " because contract or not, surely I'm not alone in thinking behaviour like that is bad in dressing rooms.

Teams evolve ..players go and others come.....some retire, some get career-ending injuries and others "...just aren't good enough ". It takes time to get a good squad together, and make it work properly.

I don't wish ill to any of the above......but somehow, I wonder if their (joint disappearance) is really SUCH a bad thing. Time will tell.

Those fans who reacted so violently (in words) to the close season's tumult should perhaps ponder the fact that " nothing is forever".....and sometimes " change " isn't always such a bad thing.

Certainly,some of the changes that took place were quite surprising, and often ...quite sudden, but can it hardly be seen as the worst season in my 55 years as a Saints fan.

Edited by david in sweden

once we got past the "asset-stripping " and " club for sale " comments, I noted that few people reverted to those regular criticisms we saw so much last season.

" Lambert is only good enough for 30 mins. off the bench " (or words to that effect)......well, whether it's Liverpool or England, from now on he'll be lucky to get that much playing time, (barring injuries to S&S).

Good for 90, as long as you didn't mind what weren't doing up front when he was on the pitch

" Lallana never finishes a game ...." not quite true, but at a rough count he was subbed around 20 times last season. Why so often?...carrying an injury that won't heal? ....or...?

We had a lot of midfielders, fresh legs in a creative position can be game-changing

Someone noted (jokingly or were they ITK?) ...that when Luke Shaw signed his contract (aged 18) it was with the understanding that after a year he'd be allowed to move to Man.Utd ..(guess or fact?)

I'm sure lots of people say lots of things to get players to sign, if it's not in their contract it doesn't mean anything

Although I enjoyed his contribution last season, I have little sympathy for Dejan Lovren's " outburst " because contract or not, surely I'm not alone in thinking behaviour like that is bad in dressing rooms.

Not sure what the outburst was, but we've seen all the evidence we need of group-think

Teams evolve ..players go and others come.....some retire, some get career-ending injuries and others "...just aren't good enough ". It takes time to get a good squad together, and make it work properly.

But it helps if they're all very good players

I don't wish ill to any of the above......but somehow, I wonder if their (joint disappearance) is really SUCH a bad thing. Time will tell.

We'll carry on with or without them, tbh I'm surprised people are still talking about it

Those fans who reacted so violently (in words) to the close season's tumult should perhaps ponder the fact that " nothing is forever".....and sometimes " change " isn't always such a bad thing.

Certainly,some of the changes that took place were quite surprising, and often ...quite sudden, but can it hardly be seen as the worst season in my 55 years as a Saints fan.

Comments above^^^^^

I said very specifically the timing of the Lambert deal was a monumental error, the day after Ralph's media blitz. No problem saying that. They didn't get everything right.

Let's remember you pick me up on things you think I said, I pick you up on things you actually did say: the club are abusing us.

Don't kid yourself about a few fans getting upset changing the world. It will go down in forum bulls hit folklore but that won't ever make it true.

I assume when you say 'they have dismantled a successful squad' you are talking about the players and Judas Poch? Who do you think got Koeman in or do you think he came here all on his own accord? The fact Koeman says Mane was one of the players talked about when they first met proves that Reed has a lot of imput.

This is not good news. I know you have to have thick skin in business but if she read some of the comments on here she must have been gutted. I dont know why the Mods didnt stamp them out as soon as they started. You can get an infraction for abusing a fellow poster but say what you like about the owner and that is fair game. The personal insults against her were well and truly out of order.

I don't care if Katherina has an account or not, the personal attacks were out of order full-stop.

I've asked, and our Lord and Master (not Baj, the other one) says he's not seen any account that would to identify her, though there's always been someone at the club reading it, and plenty of other traffic comes from the club's network.

:suspicious:

I've asked, and our Lord and Master (not Baj, the other one) says he's not seen any account that would to identify her, though there's always been someone at the club reading it, and plenty of other traffic comes from the club's network.

:suspicious:

Could be wrong but seem to remember Jim Lucas the media guy on twitter admitting he comes on here every now and then

I don't care if Katherina has an account or not, the personal attacks were out of order full-stop.

I agree, was no need for any of the personal attacks, criticism of club actions and policies is perfectly valid but a small minority of posters were just vindictive for the sake of it. Imagine having to work with those posters during the day or be related to them?

I couldn't see any of the club's board logging on here because I think people are well aware of what a small segment of fans at most clubs can be like, not least behind the cover of a keyboard. However, hopefully the mods will delete anything of a similar nature in the future.

Yes they were. It is one thing us having a pop at each other - but having a go at someone who can't defend herself and the nature of some comments - well out of order.

You did say they were 'abusing us', didn't you?
yep i did, on many occasions. I assume you are not getting on your high horse about the word abuse and trying to put it in the Rotherham context lol. I assume the Morgans heads gone thread should be deleted if so

I used the word abuse as in trust, many of us follow the club and would still support it even if the whole team was sold. That can and has been cynically used for the whole time football fans have followed their team. IIRC Freddie Sheperd(?) bragged about paying a fiver for shirts and then getting 35 for them?

I said very specifically the timing of the Lambert deal was a monumental error, the day after Ralph's media blitz. No problem saying that. They didn't get everything right.

Let's remember you pick me up on things you think I said, I pick you up on things you actually did say: the club are abusing us.

Don't kid yourself about a few fans getting upset changing the world. It will go down in forum bulls hit folklore but that won't ever make it true.

'Even if we buy eight players for £80m it's still a monumental f uck up.

Because buying eight players for eighty million in one window is the kind of retarded thing that QPR does. Just a slung together team of complete strangers. '

Your post 28/07/14

Not making it up, CB

If you believe that the fans unrest did not stop the club selling MS, if not why did all of a sudden did Ralf come out and guarantee he would not be sold?

Edited by OldNick

Tony Fernadez said the other day he often goes onto the QPR forums as it gives him a feel how the fans feel

If I owned a club i would too, however I would also be openminded to the fact that a good number of the fans would be knuckle draggers and would have to be ignored to a greater extent.

'

If you believe that the fans unrest did not stop the club selling MS, if not why did all of a sudden did Ralf come out and guarantee he would not be sold?

We didn't sell MS because the manager wanted to keep him. End of.

Anyone who thinks a few posts online swayed the club is an even bigger c**t than I originally thought.

Could be wrong but seem to remember Jim Lucas the media guy on twitter admitting he comes on here every now and then

and then beating a hasty retreat no doubt.

If he's yer typical Millwall fan, I can't see him being too bothered by the 'sorts' on here :p

It is amusing to see some of the more 'hysterical tart' types from earlier this summer now trying to justify their rantings and claiming victory with regards MS. It would be nice to think that some may have learnt a lesson to not go so overboard too soon leaving themselves nowhere to go, like now. Unfortunately, if we have a decent season we may have to get used to this scenario being played out again next year - I wont hold my breath.

We didn't sell MS because the manager wanted to keep him. End of.

Anyone who thinks a few posts online swayed the club is an even bigger c**t than I originally thought.

It's really effing embarrassing.

As is the claim that some guy rang the ticket office and the phones were off the hook with people trying to return STs - which also prompted the about turn.

yep of course he wanted the rest gone as well.

He knew of Lallana, Lambert and Shaw coming in, had a go at keeping Lovren but he'd made his mind up, and clearly didn't have a problem selling Chambers for £16m. Krueger said in his Sky Sports News interview that he was impressed with Koeman's patience, they'd had some difficult decisions, and that he appreciated that it wasn't what he was expecting when he arrived but basically that he was a pro and would get on with it.

It's really effing embarrassing.

As is the claim that some guy rang the ticket office and the phones were off the hook with people trying to return STs - which also prompted the about turn.

I'm not embarrassed by it - the poster probably should be though.

Now where's that picture of Kirk off Corrie and his dad?

This debate (if it can called that) about whether those players would have stayed had Cortese not left/had Pochettino not left, has been discussed thoroughly already and of course nobody knows whether there is any truth in that assertion. But the general consensus of the more realistic/less naive posters, is that they themselves certainly would go to a job doing the same work for three or more times the salary at a much more prestigious company, so why wouldn't footballers, who are notoriously fickle and easily led by their agents, who have a vested interest in their departures? Are we really to believe these players saying that through their love of the Chairman and manager and loyalty to the club, they were happy to have stayed, or was it just a great excuse to justify their leaving and deflect the opinions of the fans that they are just a greedy bunch of glory-seekers who care far more for themselves than us and Saints? Nobody blames them for it, as we would have done it ourselves, but don't let them think that we are that naive and gullible as to believe that they would have stayed just because of the Chairman and the manager.

The next issue is whether they could have been forced to stay, as we were able to keep Schneiderlin, so the argument goes that we should have been able to keep the others. Lambert's leaving is justified on sentimental grounds, in that he had been a good servant of the club and we couldn't deny him his swan-song at his boyhood club in his home town. And anyway, we got back 4 times what we paid for him, which was good business for a 32 year old.

As for the other players, Lallana, Lovren and Shaw all went for really quite astronomical fees and where is the level where one says that the amounts are such that they could not be refused and that they could all be replaced with players as good or better for half the money or less? Yes, had we wished to keep them, we could have held them to their contracts, had them go on strike, generally go about the dressing room like a bad smell and destroy the team spirit. As it turns out, we have rid ourselves of these three players who wanted to be elsewhere and replaced them with others who want to play for us and who are showing signs of being as good or better, so good riddance to those three.

It would have been nice to have kept Chambers for another year and as he is still young, there was no hurry to have let him go. Whether there was anything in his contract, or whether it was just a case that he was second choice to Clyne and we felt that we would be able to get in somebody better, who knows?

But in my opinion, Schneiderlin was the one player that would have been difficult to replace, even for the money that we were asking, but as nobody was prepared to stump up that amount anyway, why should we let him go on the cheap? He is integral to Koeman's plans and anyway a line needed to be drawn in the sand, just to signal that we weren't a soft touch if we didn't want to sell and we certainly did not need to from a financial perspective. Arguably we are stronger team and squad wise, with a big surplus of funds in our back account. If we achieve the sort of success we did last year or better, the activities of the Summer will be hailed as a masterstroke and the feeble-minded media-induced frenzy will very soon be forgotten - until the next drama that is turned into a crisis by them and the sheep within our fanbase who prefer to believe the media rather than our own board of directors.

He knew of Lallana, Lambert and Shaw coming in, had a go at keeping Lovren but he'd made his mind up, and clearly didn't have a problem selling Chambers for £16m. Krueger said in his Sky Sports News interview that he was impressed with Koeman's patience, they'd had some difficult decisions, and that he appreciated that it wasn't what he was expecting when he arrived but basically that he was a pro and would get on with it.
as you mention yourself, it wasnt as Koeman was expecting and so given the choice? Iam not unduly upset at some of the players leaving as we got good prices. It was the way it was handled. Some dont see it that way, and Im fine with that, but i do not class them as some kinds of messiahs because they didnt moan as the club sold and took the money in

This debate (if it can called that) about whether those players would have stayed had Cortese not left/had Pochettino not left, has been discussed thoroughly already and of course nobody knows whether there is any truth in that assertion. But the general consensus of the more realistic/less naive posters, is that they themselves certainly would go to a job doing the same work for three or more times the salary at a much more prestigious company, so why wouldn't footballers, who are notoriously fickle and easily led by their agents, who have a vested interest in their departures? Are we really to believe these players saying that through their love of the Chairman and manager and loyalty to the club, they were happy to have stayed, or was it just a great excuse to justify their leaving and deflect the opinions of the fans that they are just a greedy bunch of glory-seekers who care far more for themselves than us and Saints? Nobody blames them for it, as we would have done it ourselves, but don't let them think that we are that naive and gullible as to believe that they would have stayed just because of the Chairman and the manager.

The next issue is whether they could have been forced to stay, as we were able to keep Schneiderlin, so the argument goes that we should have been able to keep the others. Lambert's leaving is justified on sentimental grounds, in that he had been a good servant of the club and we couldn't deny him his swan-song at his boyhood club in his home town. And anyway, we got back 4 times what we paid for him, which was good business for a 32 year old.

As for the other players, Lallana, Lovren and Shaw all went for really quite astronomical fees and where is the level where one says that the amounts are such that they could not be refused and that they could all be replaced with players as good or better for half the money or less? Yes, had we wished to keep them, we could have held them to their contracts, had them go on strike, generally go about the dressing room like a bad smell and destroy the team spirit. As it turns out, we have rid ourselves of these three players who wanted to be elsewhere and replaced them with others who want to play for us and who are showing signs of being as good or better, so good riddance to those three.

It would have been nice to have kept Chambers for another year and as he is still young, there was no hurry to have let him go. Whether there was anything in his contract, or whether it was just a case that he was second choice to Clyne and we felt that we would be able to get in somebody better, who knows?

But in my opinion, Schneiderlin was the one player that would have been difficult to replace, even for the money that we were asking, but as nobody was prepared to stump up that amount anyway, why should we let him go on the cheap? He is integral to Koeman's plans and anyway a line needed to be drawn in the sand, just to signal that we weren't a soft touch if we didn't want to sell and we certainly did not need to from a financial perspective. Arguably we are stronger team and squad wise, with a big surplus of funds in our back account. If we achieve the sort of success we did last year or better, the activities of the Summer will be hailed as a masterstroke and the feeble-minded media-induced frenzy will very soon be forgotten - until the next drama that is turned into a crisis by them and the sheep within our fanbase who prefer to believe the media rather than our own board of directors.

All fair assumptions/opinions but we will never know if Lovren had been still here if he would have sulked. Funny how Boruc seems to become more realistic now the window has closed.

I look at these things from a different prospective than some others who have posted above, who is right it is difficult to tell, they wont change their minds on what I say and vice versa.