Artur Boruc joins Bournemouth on loan

Saint-Armstrong

Who'd want him now that they know he's going to throw his dummy out of the pram whenever he's unhappy?

I'd rather have a player in my squad who throws a hissy fit when he's not picked than one who doesn't - you want players who care about being in the first team rather than ones who are happy to get paid to do nothing. Boruc is a good keeper and I can see a decent club offering him a spot in their first team. Good luck to him.

It's a real shame. We need a quality back up GK, or maybe better phrased as "two quality GK to compete for the jersey". Yes, we got Forster but we are losing Boruc, so only a marginal improvement and no still missing a quality second keeper. We'll have to see if RK sells Boruc and buys again, or just leaves KD as the backup.

Maybe only a marginal improvement in skill, but hopefully a major improvement in fitness. I think Boruc's back problems a structual and he'll always be out injured a lot.

Who'd want him now that they know he's going to throw his dummy out of the pram whenever he's unhappy?

As said above most clubs want a player who wants to play and is not happy sitting on his arse on bench collecting money for nothing. Anyone who has any ambition themselves can understand that and as a fan I want a player who wants to play not be paid to happily sit back and collect their wage. Those who are, says it all bout type of character they have

Boruc needs to be playing so he can keep his place in the national team . I really don't understand why you guys are being a$$ holes about this .

Sitting on the bench affects his carreer so he left so he can get competitive game time .

Management cocked this up , not Boruc . They couldn't see this coming ?

Boruc needs to be playing so he can keep his place in the national team . I really don't understand why you guys are being a$$ holes about this .

Sitting on the bench affects his carreer so he left so he can get competitive game time .

What did they cock-up?

They signed a better keeper to put pressure/replace him.

Well they didn't know him well enough to see this coming did they ? I don't see a big difference between keepers other than age and distribution . Management should have seen this coming a mile off and been prepared for it possibly getting rid of Gazza and replacing with a more promising back up keeper

Well they didn't know him well enough to see this coming did they ? I don't see a big difference between keepers other than age and distribution . Management should have seen this coming a mile off and been prepared for it possibly getting rid of Gazza and replacing with a more promising back up keeper

All these arguments are saying is that if we'd kept Boruc then we could never sign another keeper and play him ahead of the whinger. No club can ever have an employee telling them who to pick.

Are you Irene in disguise?

He had lost his place in the team before he had his strop. Going to Bournemouth or anywhere else is unlikely to displace Szczesny. Maybe Nawałka thinks Arsenal's Nº 1, who plays Champions League as well, is a better bet than Boruc between the sticks for Poland. As for the management cocking up, I think that you might be speaking ballcocks. Isn't it very well known that if you throw a strop with Koeman, you ain't going to win. And why you and Irene think it is the management rather than Boruc who have created this situation is anyone's guess. But isn't it all getting a little tedious now? All that is happening is that you two go on about how he should still be Nº1 at Saints. If he was so good, why then did another club in PL or European top division not come in when it was known to one and all that he was for sale?

And why are we being "a$$ holes about this"? I think most here would like him back and to try and regain his place, but if he is happy to strop off somewhere, so be it, he can jog on. The club is bigger than any player, and certainly bigger than Boruc.

Maybe you've all been listening to the games on the radio, but Forster's distribution is not very good. I believe Celtic fans had issues with his kicking too, so it's not a new phenomenon. I agree that Forster is not the kind of player who would try to out Cruyff a leading International Center forward, or who would watch while a 950,000 yard hoof bounces over his head into the net BUT he looks distinctly dodgy and indecisive from time to time.

Maybe you've all been listening to the games on the radio, but Forster's distribution is not very good. I believe Celtic fans had issues with his kicking too, so it's not a new phenomenon. I agree that Forster is not the kind of player who would try to out Cruyff a leading International Center forward, or who would watch while a 950,000 yard hoof bounces over his head into the net BUT he looks distinctly dodgy and indecisive from time to time.

The inly game he looked remotely dodgy, was Spurs away. As did most of the side.

He has been Rock solid in every game and his distribution seem to stay in play more than artur too

Nope I've seen him in every home game this season and he is clearly an upgrade on Boruc IMO (whose own kicking was pretty crappy as well to be fair)

I have seen every minute of every game. If you have a problem with him so far I would suggest with respect you don't know what you are talking about.

I thought highly of Boruc, still do despite his cot-rattle episode. However, Forster is the better keeper. They both excel at all of the core tasks of goalkeeping, but Boruc's consistency, decisions and distribution were questionable. Age was probably the critical factor. IMO we have upgraded in every way with Forster.

A loan to Bournemouth is a superb deal for us. Boruc stays fit(ter), easy to monitor and easy to recall if needed, without allowing potential sulks or negativity impacting our dressing room. Management have played a blinder here, we are essentially covered by superb backup, without having a frustrated keeper potentially undermining moral.

I thought highly of Boruc, still do despite his cot-rattle episode. However, Forster is the better keeper. They both excel at all of the core tasks of goalkeeping, but Boruc's consistency, decisions and distribution were questionable. Age was probably the critical factor. IMO we have upgraded in every way with Forster.

A loan to Bournemouth is a superb deal for us. Boruc stays fit(ter), easy to monitor and easy to recall if needed, without allowing potential sulks or negativity impacting our dressing room. Management have played a blinder here, we are essentially covered by superb backup, without having a frustrated keeper potentially undermining moral.

We can't recall him.

never mind age being the deciding factor, the next few years were probably the deciding factor.

the club wanted the next four years covered, and boruc had one left. for whatever reason there was no extension.

Are you Irene in disguise?

He had lost his place in the team before he had his strop. Going to Bournemouth or anywhere else is unlikely to displace Szczesny. Maybe Nawałka thinks Arsenal's Nº 1, who plays Champions League as well, is a better bet than Boruc between the sticks for Poland. As for the management cocking up, I think that you might be speaking ballcocks. Isn't it very well known that if you throw a strop with Koeman, you ain't going to win. And why you and Irene think it is the management rather than Boruc who have created this situation is anyone's guess. But isn't it all getting a little tedious now? All that is happening is that you two go on about how he should still be Nº1 at Saints. If he was so good, why then did another club in PL or European top division not come in when it was known to one and all that he was for sale?

And why are we being "a$$ holes about this"? I think most here would like him back and to try and regain his place, but if he is happy to strop off somewhere, so be it, he can jog on. The club is bigger than any player, and certainly bigger than Boruc.

Well apparently management thought he'd be a kelvin Davis and happily sit there doing beep all. Not his nature.

Maybe southampton can tell their fans why they didn't sell him before window shut. There was offers. That's right because God forbid forster had to be injured and ruled out for rest of season the club have no intention of playing Davis in his place for rest of season. Boruc would be put in because unless koeman is totally mental he knows a team with davis in goal would shed goals massively. Been proven he is not epl standard.

Forster was brought in with future in mind and fact he is Dave watsons pet project. Fair enough saints feel they want long term players on books. So let the player who wants to play go when you aren't offering competition

Bad attitude: get rid.

Bit of a self destructive side to him but the other side of the blade is a superb goal keeper. He likes to sit on the fine edge of that blade, it is where he is at his best. Trouble is when he slips one way or the other it tends to be steep.

Well apparently management thought he'd be a kelvin Davis and happily sit there doing beep all. Not his nature.

Maybe southampton can tell their fans why they didn't sell him before window shut. There was offers. That's right because God forbid forster had to be injured and ruled out for rest of season the club have no intention of playing Davis in his place for rest of season. Boruc would be put in because unless koeman is totally mental he knows a team with davis in goal would shed goals massively. Been proven he is not epl standard.

Forster was brought in with future in mind and fact he is Dave watsons pet project. Fair enough saints feel they want long term players on books. So let the player who wants to play go when you aren't offering competition

You mean club captain kelvin, who could of left us for West ham while we were in the mire but was big enough and loyal enough to stay and help us out of the ****?

Kelvin happily sitting doing beep all? Kelvin as club captain supports whoever is selected, has the backing and respect of the entire club, is a fantastic morale builder in the dressing room, a true professional. These are most of the qualities your mate is demonstrating he doesnt have. If your mate was a "Kelvin Davis" he'd have a lot more support from us fans. But no, his nature is to be a whinger who seeks a move to boot another keeper from his no.1 spot, the irony of it all.

You mean club captain kelvin, who could of left us for West ham while we were in the mire but was big enough and loyal enough to stay and help us out of the ****?

That's the one. Read the Rickie Lambert piece about his favourite Saints match and see the high regard he has for Kelvin. I trust his judgement over Irene.

Blimey! Is she back, I thought we saw the last of her. Go pester the Bournmouth boards Irene. When Boruc is at Saints and tryinig hard for Saints in training or a game then I will support him to the rafters. And stop insulting other players to try to find points to justify him. Irene keeps trying to insult Kelvin and it aint gonna work on Saints fans. We know he is in the twilight of his career but he is a model pro and always has been for us. Goodnight Irene, goodnight.

+1 Super Kel is a model pro, a leader on the pitch and in the community and has my full respect.

OK, he doesn't get on the pitch much, but I believe and would like someone to confirm, that he does a hell of a lot on the training pitch and with the other players.

For Kelvin Davis please see mature, professional adult man.

So just to clear all this up once and for all. You are all happy if Forster is injured at weekend and out for rest of season that Davis plays rest of said season?

Problem here is if club had real competition to be its number 1 this situation would never have arisen. It did so saints need to pray it doesn't bite them on the bum

Even Boruc himself doesn't have an issue with Forster and respects his ability

Irene, I don't want to be rude or anything, but can you just **** off somewhere else. You are boring beyond belief.

I do want to be rude. Irene no one gives a **** what you think. The situation isn't going to change now and as a Saints fan I am happy we have a decent and skilful keeper. Boruc will most likely not play for us again and is thus old news that we only need to worry about in the event that we get an injury. In the meantime, bike off and Don't return.

Irene, I don't want to be rude or anything, but can you just **** off somewhere else. You are boring beyond belief.

Well you are rude but then so is most of this forum so you fit right in!

Not got an answer to my question ?

I do want to be rude. Irene no one gives a **** what you think. The situation isn't going to change now and as a Saints fan I am happy we have a decent and skilful keeper. Boruc will most likely not play for us again and is thus old news that we only need to worry about in the event that we get an injury. In the meantime, bike off and Don't return.

Oh I'll be hanging around want to see how things pan out

Listen sweetie, you are obviously closely connected to him. You only post about him and nothing else. He is no longer here, so why are you? Go and take your biased view of his abilities with you. You are just making yourself look a tit with this whinging, The lady doth protest too much me thinks. If the **** hits the fan with Forster, so be it.

And this is an interesting post of yours: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50474-Name-Saint-s-starting-eleven-for-2014-5&p=1952920#post1952920 You and him talking about loyalty - that's a joke isn't it. He'll be requesting a transfer out! Pah. You disingenuous and hollow lot. Best be without you, and I'd rather take my chances and fall with the other goalies.

So just to clear all this up once and for all. You are all happy if Forster is injured at weekend and out for rest of season that Davis plays rest of said season?

Problem here is if club had real competition to be its number 1 this situation would never have arisen. It did so saints need to pray it doesn't bite them on the bum

And just to clear up from our side, you will keep saying inflamatory things in a self defeating effort to fight Artur's corner, yes?

That statement is a disgrace, ignores the many comments of disappointment in Artur leaving yet also shows continued disdain for a club legend. You have no class, i'm tired of your continued trolling.

I have no ill feeling for Artur but you can do one.

And just to clear up from our side, you will keep saying inflamatory things in a self defeating effort to fight Artur's corner, yes?

That statement is a disgrace.

Colin, she admits to having insider info about Boruc so it is probably safe to presume she knows him or his agent pretty well. That's of course fine as well as her opinion that Boruc is the best thing since sliced bread, but what I take issue with is the way that she is trying to get us supporters to turn against the club with this carry on about what will happen if Forster got injured (which would be the same as what would happen if we hadn't have signed Forster and Boruc got injured). She complains about how rude some Saints fans are, but the disingenuous and manipulative postings by her elicit this response from people. She is now just trolling the board.

It should be remembered by her, that no one forced Boruc out of the club.

Colin, she admits to having insider info about Boruc so it is probably safe to presume she knows him or his agent pretty well. That's of course fine as well as her opinion that Boruc is the best thing since sliced bread, but what I take issue with is the way that she is trying to get us supporters to turn against the club with this carry on about what will happen if Forster got injured (which would be the same as what would happen if we hadn't have signed Forster and Boruc got injured). She complains about how rude some Saints fans are, but the disingenuous and manipulative postings by her elicit this response from people. She is now just trolling the board.

It should be remembered by her, that no one forced Boruc out of the club.

Then we are in agreement. :)

I would happily settle for Kelvin as back up if it means you f**k off to bore Bournemouth.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1370[/ATTACH]

Me and hubby

I hate to tell you this irene but your wife looks like a right bunny boiler. Id get shot of her if I was you or you'll come home one day to find all the legs cut off of your lonsdale tracksuits and a curled smelly one in your sock draw.

I think that there is a real need of a reality check here.....Boruc was good last season, but the problem was that there was no obvious choice for no.2.

He was out injured for (total) 11 games .....in which time KD and PG let in 20 goals between them and the only win was at Cardiff (when PG didn't have a save to make).

It's generally accepted that (despite his loyal service) KD has already reached his " best by " date and we need someone capable of stepping into the no.1 spot and who can DAJFU if needs be.

Neither PG or CC has impressed me and neither is likely to put in a serious challenge in the near future.

Artur may have thought he was safe, but the club needed a challenger to him. Forster is a better bet than I' d hoped for, but now it's really down to Artur's mindset.

Of course he still wants to play for Poland, but he needs a regular spot in order to maintain that.

Can't see him even wanting to stay, but the same problem will start all over again in January.....who will be no.2 to Forster?

....... over to you... Dave Watson:?

Edited by david in sweden

I think that there is a real need of a reality check here.....Boruc was good last season, but the problem was that there was no obvious choice for no.2.

He was out injured for (total) 11 games .....in which time KD and PG let in 20 goals between them and the only win was at Cardiff (when PG didn't have a save to make).

It's generally accepted that (despite his loyal service) KD has already reached his " best by " date and we need someone capable of stepping into the no.1 spot and who can DAJFU if needs be.

Neither PG or CC has impressed me and neither is likely to put in a serious challenge in the near future.

Artur may have thought he was safe, but the club needed a challenger to him. Forster is a better bet than I' d hoped for, but now it's really down to Artur's mindset.

Of course he still wants to play for Poland, but he needs a regular spot in order to maintain that.

Can't see him even wanting to stay, but the same problem will start all over again in January.....who will be no.2 to Forster?

....... over to you... Dave Watson:?

Think you have summed it all up perfectly.

Everyone is too busy attacking me to see the actual point here. Is not about boruc having a divine right to play for saints. It is about way situation has been handled and fact 10 million later the club is in no better position. The club you all love. I can guarantee if it to all go tits up you'd all be changing your tune to what went on re goalies. Forster hopefully will be a good investment but injuries happen

My view is situation was handled wrongly, in that Forster should have had to fight for his place. Didnt happen, Boruc wont play for club again so saints need a new number two.

Far as Kelvin David goes. Amazing guy and club legend but not someone that should be sitting on saints bench. But then Davis is not a threat to Forster. He offers no competition and that is a fact. It's not being nasty it is just a fact he is past playing football at epl level anyway

I have a friend who works at the training ground. His view when watching the keepers train (which he does daily) was the Forster, Davies, Gazza and Cropper worked hard and were very intense, whereas Boruc he described as a lazy s0d who wasn't putting 100% in. Is there any wonder then that Watson and Koeman got fed up with him?

Think you have summed it all up perfectly.

Everyone is too busy attacking me to see the actual point here. Is not about boruc having a divine right to play for saints. It is about way situation has been handled and fact 10 million later the club is in no better position. The club you all love. I can guarantee if it to all go tits up you'd all be changing your tune to what went on re goalies. Forster hopefully will be a good investment but injuries happen

My view is situation was handled wrongly, in that Forster should have had to fight for his place. Didnt happen, Boruc wont play for club again so saints need a new number two.

Far as Kelvin David goes. Amazing guy and club legend but not someone that should be sitting on saints bench. But then Davis is not a threat to Forster. He offers no competition and that is a fact. It's not being nasty it is just a fact he is past playing football at epl level anyway

I disagree. We are in a better position because we have a younger keeper who is better than boruc.