Artur Boruc joins Bournemouth on loan

Saint-Armstrong

Everyone is too busy attacking me to see the actual point here.

Possibly, but it is a retaliation to you attacking the club.

Is not about boruc having a divine right to play for saints.

Urrr, yes it is, at least from your point of view

It is about way situation has been handled and fact 10 million later the club is in no better position.

You don't care about the club so please don't preach to us about our position. Me and many think we are better off as Forster is better than Boruc. That is opinion, and your's of course differs.

The club you all love. I can guarantee if it to all go tits up you'd all be changing your tune to what went on re goalies. Forster hopefully will be a good investment but injuries happen

Our position won't change. I think that everyone here wanted Boruc to stay and fight for his place

My view is situation was handled wrongly, in that Forster should have had to fight for his place. Didnt happen, Boruc wont play for club again so saints need a new number two.

Yeah right, just like Boruc should have fought for his place at Bournemouth? Pray tell what exactly is the difference so that you don't look a hypocrite?

Far as Kelvin David goes. Amazing guy and club legend but not someone that should be sitting on saints bench.

Patronising and very hollow words given that you have ripped him to pieces.

But then Davis is not a threat to Forster. He offers no competition and that is a fact. It's not being nasty it is just a fact he is past playing football at epl level anyway

What are you on about? You seem to fail to recognise that football is a team sport. It's about the team not individuals. And it all comes down to your boy running away (yup that's what he did - he ran away). A shame, cos as I said, I think everyone wanted him to stay, but if he feels that he is not good enough to oust Forster then maybe we are best to part company and I hope he finds a good club in January.

You words are insincere, and we realise that you are sticking up for your boy, but still, they are insincere.

If departures are true. Boruc will be requesting a transfer

My bold and enlarging from something you posted just a couple of weeks after the season ended. What was it..."Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer give a damn".

:lol:

I think Forster is a bit better than Boruc now, and has the potential to be much better. Boruc is also old and we did need to bring in a new keeper. We spent a lot of money on Forster and a club like us won't spend £10m on a reserve keeper (that said we have spent £10m+ on reserve midfielders and forwards to be fair...).

It was never realistic for us to hang onto Boruc once Forster was brought in. Boruc is too much of a senior player and has too much to offer to play a few games a season. We've made an investment in our GK for the foreseeable future and no-one can blame Boruc for wanting to leave and play football.

Overall the conundrum is that we've spent £10m on a new keeper but with Boruc going we've not addressed depth in the position which is something that concerned us last season. However, I appreciate it's easier said that done because can anyone outside the Top 6 or so claim they have a decent backup keeper? Probably not. It's just something we need to try and manage.

Quick post, as I should really be working.

David in Sweden summed up the situation very well. We rated Boruc and wanted him to stay, disappointed he doesn't want to.

And I'll go against the tide and say I actually quite like Irene's posts. She is loyal to AB and fights his corner. I don't agree with everything she says, but its refreshing to see someone hold an opinion despite being alone in her view.

Come on, Irene (to the old Dexy's song) :)

ANGELMAN i can't be bothered quoting you.

End of day loyalty doesn't exist in football anymore. From a player or a club. Well saints have Davis.

Im sorry as a football fan i don't know why you want an inferior keeper sitting on your bench. If things had been handled differently then you'd have two good keepers fighting it out for the jersey. Not what anyone would want?

Would Boruc have won out maybe not but least their would have been competition for the role. And that which few of you keep blanking is the issue. Its not how dare club buy Forster, of course all clubs want to better what they have. Some have view Forster is better, time will tell but he certainly has age on his side and the whole Boruc situation will only come back to bite club on ass if Forster gets injured

Problem is management and coaches failed to read Boruc's character and fact he wasn't going to happily be Davis and sit on bench being told he was no more than their number two. Some of you seem to struggle with fact there is no competition for Forster. He signed because you were willing to pay Celtic price they wanted (entire celtic team is for sale) and he was guaranteed to be number 1.

So i will repeat again if Forster had, had to fight for his place then you'd have strongest keeper position in league, almost.

ANGELMAN i can't be bothered quoting you.

End of day loyalty doesn't exist in football anymore. From a player or a club. Well saints have Davis.

Im sorry as a football fan i don't know why you want an inferior keeper sitting on your bench. If things had been handled differently then you'd have two good keepers fighting it out for the jersey. Not what anyone would want?

Would Boruc have won out maybe not but least their would have been competition for the role. And that which few of you keep blanking is the issue. Its not how dare club buy Forster, of course all clubs want to better what they have. Some have view Forster is better, time will tell but he certainly has age on his side and the whole Boruc situation will only come back to bite club on ass if Forster gets injured

Problem is management and coaches failed to read Boruc's character and fact he wasn't going to happily be Davis and sit on bench being told he was no more than their number two. Some of you seem to struggle with fact there is no competition for Forster. He signed because you were willing to pay Celtic price they wanted (entire celtic team is for sale) and he was guaranteed to be number 1.

So i will repeat again if Forster had, had to fight for his place then you'd have strongest keeper position in league, almost.

Management and coaches have no problem with players being unhappy at being dropped, in fact I would suspect they welcome it. what they do expect is for players to then buckle down and try to win their place back - show strength of character. It may have meant that Boruc was warming the bench for a period of time, just like Joe Hart did last season, but opportunities inevitably arise. The issue here is that this is exactly what Boruc didn't do. He got the hump and his resulting attitude saw him demoted to fourth choice.

I would have rather seen him stay, but ultimately if he can't or won't act professionally then I couldn't care less if he never set foot in SMS again

Management and coaches have no problem with players being unhappy at being dropped, in fact I would suspect they welcome it. what they do expect is for players to then buckle down and try to win their place back - show strength of character. It may have meant that Boruc was warming the bench for a period of time, just like Joe Hart did last season, but opportunities inevitably arise. The issue here is that this is exactly what Boruc didn't do. He got the hump and his resulting attitude saw him demoted to fourth choice.

I would have rather seen him stay, but ultimately if he can't or won't act professionally then I couldn't care less if he never set foot in SMS again

Hoping your opposite number gets injured or playing odd cup game isn't an opportunity.

2 keepers fighting for the jersey isn't what anyone wants.

we want the best keeper starting regularly and building up form and relationship with defence, and a decent backup.

Has any team that switches keepers regularly been consistent?

If Boruc is really saying he won't play for us again he wants a slap and his wages stopped for breach of contract.

Oh and a lecture on what loyalty actually means.

If it's just Irene spouting this crap then ....whatever.

This was his day, Bournemouth are delighted with him.

It's just that somehow I keep expecting him to drop a clanger.

Why? He's an excellent keeper, way above champ standard.

Since he's signed for them they have shipped 4 goals in 8 games (won 6, drawn 1, lost 1) and 1 goal in the whole of October (won 4).

Bournemouth made a monster signing when they got Artur.

Personally I'd like him back please, he's more than capable of challenging Forster IMO.

Why? He's an excellent keeper, way above champ standard.

Since he's signed for them they have shipped 4 goals in 8 games (won 6, drawn 1, lost 1) and 1 goal in the whole of October (won 4).

Bournemouth made a monster signing when they got Artur.

Personally I'd like him back please, he's more than capable of challenging Forster IMO.

Because he's got history.

Can we clear this up now- as in, can we recall Boruc when we want? e.g. If Forster gets injured of course.

Everyone is saying different things lol.

MLG- take it away ;)

I think this is the definitive answer: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?52185-For-those-who-think-can-will-finish-higher-than-8th-this-season&p=2072212#post2072212

I would suggest the answer is yes, we can (now) recall Boruc.

He objected to Forster coming in as No1 but didn't have a problem with that by doing exactly the same at Bournemouth. From memory we got him as an unfit free agent and gave him a chance in the EPL, no doubt a good goalkeeper and he could have stayed and we would be in the same position as other PL clubs with two excellent keepers, look at the Chelsea situation right now, no one spat their dummy out yet.

• 1 month later...
He objected to Forster coming in as No1 but didn't have a problem with that by doing exactly the same at Bournemouth. From memory we got him as an unfit free agent and gave him a chance in the EPL, no doubt a good goalkeeper and he could have stayed and we would be in the same position as other PL clubs with two excellent keepers, look at the Chelsea situation right now, no one spat their dummy out yet.

Yes, loved Artur, but a shame that the inflated ego got in the way of progress...

• 4 months later...
Will he want to? Answer is, almost certainly NO. I would expect Bournemouth to make a modest offer to buy him, or we will sell him on.

Shame, would have liked him to be with us, but things have moved on, too much been said and done.

How can you even think about making an offer for a player who will have about a month left on his contract. He'll sign for them on a free come the 1st July, he's not coming back and we'll get nothing whatsover.

I'm still not sure whether we're actually able to play him or not.

He's not named on the Saints Player List with the Premier League after the last Transfer Window which would usually prevent him playing, but we have 5 empty slots in the 25 man squad into which we are permitted to add out of contract players - he's already registered with Saints and the "season long loan" only applies to Bournemouth's season length, so theoretically we could play him provided the Premier League committee approves it.

Whether we should actually pick him or not is an entirely different matter to whether we can.

I'm still not sure whether we're actually able to play him or not.

He's not named on the Saints Player List with the Premier League after the last Transfer Window which would usually prevent him playing, but we have 5 empty slots in the 25 man squad into which we are permitted to add out of contract players - he's already registered with Saints and the "season long loan" only applies to Bournemouth's season length, so theoretically we could play him provided the Premier League committee approves it.

Whether we should actually pick him or not is an entirely different matter to whether we can.

I really don't see us doing any of that, there's nothing to say that he just wouldn't make any effort if he was forced to play, I think we made it abundantly clear to him that he had no future with us and as he's just got a few weeks contract left he may not even feel inclined to play for us again even if he could. There may be an academic question of him playing for us again but it won't happen in practice.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I don't think we can to be honest, as I'm sure there is a deadline to register your squad - and as Artur hasn't been in our squad this year, he's not going to be registered.

Also, I can't see how he would even want to come back into the fold. He made his feelings pretty clear, at the end of the day it's 4 games and we have to stick with Davis.

I really don't see us doing any of that, there's nothing to say that he just wouldn't make any effort if he was forced to play, I think we made it abundantly clear to him that he had no future with us and as he's just got a few weeks contract left he may not even feel inclined to play for us again even if he could. There may be an academic question of him playing for us again but it won't happen in practice.

As I said, whether he can play and whether he should play are two different things.

How can you even think about making an offer for a player who will have about a month left on his contract. He'll sign for them on a free come the 1st July, he's not coming back and we'll get nothing whatsover.

I'm always the optimist. Just thinking another club may be interested and a bidding war ensues. But agree most likely scenario is as you describe.

I'm always the optimist. Just thinking another club may be interested and a bidding war ensues. But agree most likely scenario is as you describe.

A bidding war for an out of contract player ?????????? The only beneficiary from that would be the player himself, signing on bonus etc, he's not going to allow us to obtain money from any club that he could get for himself now is he. In my opinion we treated him in a cavalier fashion (at best) and he'll not want anything further to do with us.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I don't think we can to be honest, as I'm sure there is a deadline to register your squad - and as Artur hasn't been in our squad this year, he's not going to be registered.

Also, I can't see how he would even want to come back into the fold. He made his feelings pretty clear, at the end of the day it's 4 games and we have to stick with Davis.

The registration deadline is the closure of the transfer window in Jan (or Feb 1 this year), but as West Ham showed by signing an out of contract striker, you can add to it with Premier League permission if you have less than 25 players registered - but the out of contract signing new player rules and the "loaned out" player coming back rules may not be the same.

He must have been registered to Saints before the start of the season in order for us to be able to loan him to Bournemouth in the first place, and they took over his registration until the conclusion of their season as a season long loan.

There's also a registration deadline for loans (end of March) but that's only relevant if he isn't already automatically re-registered with us after Bournemouth's last match, which you'd think he must be under the nature of the registration rules.

You'd think. But he definitely isn't named in our 25-man player list - and there's also a rule that says players MUST be listed if they are eligible for a club (and players out on loan don't have to be). It's why Barnard (or maybe it was Sharp, or Forte) was listed one time but wasn't another, depending on whether he was already on loan or not.

I'm pretty sure that if we wanted to pick Boruc we'd be allowed to by the Premier League though. He's registered with us and there's scope to request additional players, as well as the GK situation being a little looser than the outfielder situation to begin with.

Edited by The9

The registration deadline is the closure of the transfer window in Jan (or Feb 1 this year), but as West Ham showed by signing an out of contract striker, you can add to it with Premier League permission if you have less than 25 players registered - but the out of contract signing new player rules and the "loaned out" player coming back rules may not be the same.

Great, just think we can probably register Jos as well for our run in. Would be ideal for the Citeh game.

and as he's OOC in the summer (with us)....and has kept umpteen clean sheets for B-Mouth .......expect him to be playing Prem. next season, but with them.. ..

Not sure about that. He won't be playing for us f'sure, but the story was that he wanted to get back to Legia Warsaw/Poland. If Boscombe can persuade him to stay then that will be a great move for them.

Not sure about that. He won't be playing for us f'sure, but the story was that he wanted to get back to Legia Warsaw/Poland.

If Boscombe can persuade him to stay then that will be a great move for them.

Didn't know about the Legia interest. At this stage of his career, he might well become a hero twice over for the Poles.

He had quite a "fan following" in his homeland before as I recall, with 50+ caps.

If he does go ....Bournemouth will have to find a top-rated keeper to replace him - if they are to survive in the Prem.