Artur Boruc joins Bournemouth on loan

Saint-Armstrong

Ye well I'd seriously be worried bout him if that is case.

And re boruc starting at Bournemouth today prob is he way better keeper than camp. Forster still has to prove he is way better than boruc which is why they should have been properly competing at saints instead Forster gets injured and u have Davis, gazza or cropper n two of them def have proved they can't cut it in epl.

This is disgusting arrogance, Foster comes in "no way he is better than Boruc", Boruc goes somewhere "way better than the keeper there".

And re boruc starting at Bournemouth today prob is he way better keeper than camp. Forster still has to prove he is way better than boruc which is why they should have been properly competing at saints instead Forster gets injured and u have Davis, gazza or cropper n two of them def have proved they can't cut it in epl.

Well at least you have cleared one thing up, you are not Boruc!

Double standards much?

Could it not be said that Forster is a better keeper than Boruc and therefore Forster starts for us?

As an aside you keep banging on about it being Boruc's shirt to lose. He was never Roko's choice. Roko chose Forster. If Boruc is the amazing keeper you claim he would have demonstrated to Roko the error of his ways ...

Double standards much?

Could it not be said that Forster is a better keeper than Boruc and therefore Forster starts for us?

As an aside you keep banging on about it being Boruc's shirt to lose. He was never Roko's choice. Roko chose Forster. If Boruc is the amazing keeper you claim he would have demonstrated to Roko the error of his ways ...

Was no way for roko to be shown that but your are right Forster is his choice so hopefully for club it pans out for him and Forster doesn't end up injured and he's left with inadequate cover

Was no way for roko to be shown that but your are right Forster is his choice so hopefully for club it pans out for him and Forster doesn't end up injured and he's left with inadequate cover

I think you are seeing this with 'Boruc tinted' specs on. You may (may) know more than any of us about what went on between Roko and Boruc but, nevertheless, you cannot predict the future.

Even if Roko had not given Boruc a fair chance Boruc could have trained hard and been patient. Should Forster have slipped up Roko may have given Boruc a chance and conceded he was wrong.

Either way have to wonder why you are so keen to bang the drum on here when you have made quite clear you are not a saints fan?

Seems a sensible move, given boruc's clear unhappiness. Happy enough with Davis as back up in the short term. Hope there's a recall clause in case of serious injury for Forster.

I thinkwe're all happy with KD as backup,providing we don't need to call upon himto play.

Forster is obviously a good keeper and has many years of top Football ahead of him, yet Boruc is as good a Keeper we've had at Saints except for Niemi. Unless AB was throwing a continuing stroppy about not being in the team then the decision to loan him out is rather daft. It leaves the Club just as vulnerable for back up as has been the case for several years. Davis is a very poor reserve.

You've probably answered your own question there.

Well if you have one bad apple in the bag you throw it away HTH

Now just go and join the Boscombe forum :)

More concerned that if we get drawn against Bompey in the next round that he may be eligible to play. On the other hand Ron doesn't rate him so maybe that would be considered a good thing. can you imagine if we lose to Bompey because Boruc plays a blinder?

I quite like saints as a club. Managers come and go so I won't let one ruin my opinion of club. Roko only has major keeper prob if Forster gets injured

Your starting to come across as a ****. Was worried Boruc would make a fool of himself when we signed Forster, shame I was correct. Still best of luck at the new level.

Your starting to come across as a ****. Was worried Boruc would make a fool of himself when we signed Forster, shame I was correct. Still best of luck at the new level.

Ye it's called having ambition and not having too big an ego your willing to drop down a level to play and not warm saints bench.

And guess seeing roko doesn't rate him no reason if saints were drawn with Bournemouth Boruc won't start for them

Ye it's called having ambition and not having too big an ego your willing to drop down a level to play and not warm saints bench.

And guess seeing roko doesn't rate him no reason if saints were drawn with Bournemouth Boruc won't start for them

Section 6, 52.5 would indicate otherwise unless this was agreed up front.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#52

I agree this was a smart move by Boruc.

Also, being American with a different perspective on local English rivalries (I don't really care about them), I think it would be great if Boruc help get Bournemouth promoted.

Boruc not in goal for Bompey tonight. Can't be injured already?

Lee Camp sent off for handling outside the box, even though it ended up in the net. Goal disallowed and Derby well pis sed off.

He was "ill" according to one of his social Networking sites.

One of the reasons why he's not an ideal first choice - not 100% reliable in that regard.

Boruc not in goal for Bompey tonight. Can't be injured already?

Lee Camp sent off for handling outside the box, even though it ended up in the net. Goal disallowed and Derby well pis sed off.

just on the subject of THIS......does anyone else think it's a bit unfair?.....If an outfield player does the same thing, it's a free kick ...but red-carding the keeper for the same offence seems harsh.

just on the subject of THIS......does anyone else think it's a bit unfair?.....If an outfield player does the same thing, it's a free kick ...but red-carding the keeper for the same offence seems harsh.

No - I think if it was goal bound, and an outfield player handled in the same place, then he would also get sent off.

Not really. When a keeper handles outside the box, it's usually denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I HAVE seen keepers being only booked for it in the past, when they've done it out wide (think it was QPR at home years back when the keeper slid, grabbed the ball and slid out of the box. Free-kick and yellow card followed by a Darren Powell goal).

Not really. When a keeper handles outside the box, it's usually denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I HAVE seen keepers being only booked for it in the past, when they've done it out wide (think it was QPR at home years back when the keeper slid, grabbed the ball and slid out of the box. Free-kick and yellow card followed by a Darren Powell goal).

Yep. Yellow card unless it prevents a goal scoring opportunity. In this case he didn't because the ball ended in the net so it should have been a goal and a yellow card. I haven't actually seen the incident so a reference would be useful.

I like Boruc he is a decent keeper. However, Forster has more of a calming influence than Artur and doesn't try and over play it at the back. I like the fact Fraser just sticks his laces through it at any sign of trouble or being closed down. I think this is the big difference and if Artur gets his chance again he needs to take this on board. Confidence as a keeper is important but having confidence in your keeper is equal to it. I also praise Artur for dropping down a level to get game time, I am sure if and when called upon, he will take his chance and not let us down

Edited by Mouldy Coat

• 2 weeks later...

It's a real shame. We need a quality back up GK, or maybe better phrased as "two quality GK to compete for the jersey". Yes, we got Forster but we are losing Boruc, so only a marginal improvement and no still missing a quality second keeper. We'll have to see if RK sells Boruc and buys again, or just leaves KD as the backup.

It's a real shame. We need a quality back up GK, or maybe better phrased as "two quality GK to compete for the jersey". Yes, we got Forster but we are losing Boruc, so only a marginal improvement and no still missing a quality second keeper. We'll have to see if RK sells Boruc and buys again, or just leaves KD as the backup.

I'm not sure Forster is any improvement at all, he has looked quite dodgy at times, I wish the real story behind Boruc's fall from grace were told.

I'm not sure Forster is any improvement at all, he has looked quite dodgy at times, I wish the real story behind Boruc's fall from grace were told.

Really? He had a couple of fumbles against spurs but they didn't make any difference to the result other than that Forster has looked excellent to me and we have one of the meanest defence in the PL this season so far.

He probably didn't do himself any favours by letting the keeper score at Stoke and playing silly b*ggers against Arsenal. We had one Bruce Grobelaar, don't need another.