Stoke Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Sell out??

Out of interest I just logged on to ticket sales site and no Stoke tickets available for reservation or purchase online except hospitality.....although I may be doing something wrong but certainly when you go to home tickets tomorrow's match isn't there now.

You're right actually, I've just taken a look and the ticket site doesn't look like it is selling for tomorrow.

4-1, with a sublime performance from the mighty saints being punctuated by a bundled Peter Crouch goal, which replays will prove should never have been given. No doubt one of their 'Players' will be sent off for their enduring Pint 'n' Fight approach to the beautiful game, riling up the troglodyte thugs and mugs that laughably follow the shame of British football.

Invariably our sell out crowd will be forced to witness their 11 talentless hoof merchants alternate between trying to throw our silky skilled team to the ground, and then subsequently throwing themselves to the ground to gain a illegal advantage. Expect promises of 'Revenge' to spew forth from the mouths of their misshapen and freakish 'fans' as they retreat back to their tumbledown hovels in what we unfortunately must recognise as a city, albeit one that is only first in sexism, racism, homophobia and parochial attitudes.

The greatest shame is that the Britannia exists, as without a ground, no-one would ever have a reason to visit stoke. At least it keeps their women, and Mark Hughes (identical) out of the rest of UK for a quarter of the year.

4-1, with a sublime performance from the mighty saints being punctuated by a bundled Peter Crouch goal, which replays will prove should never have been given. No doubt one of their 'Players' will be sent off for their enduring Pint 'n' Fight approach to the beautiful game, riling up the troglodyte thugs and mugs that laughably follow the shame of British football.

Invariably our sell out crowd will be forced to witness their 11 talentless hoof merchants alternate between trying to throw our silky skilled team to the ground, and then subsequently throwing themselves to the ground to gain a illegal advantage. Expect promises of 'Revenge' to spew forth from the mouths of their misshapen and freakish 'fans' as they retreat back to their tumbledown hovels in what we unfortunately must recognise as a city, albeit one that is only first in sexism, racism, homophobia and parochial attitudes.

The greatest shame is that the Britannia exists, as without a ground, no-one would ever have a reason to visit stoke. At least it keeps their women, and Mark Hughes (identical) out of the rest of UK for a quarter of the year.

*LIKE*

Yep, that should get a bite.

I'm particularly looking forward to the first fifteen or twenty minutes of the match to seee how both Saints and Stoke begin. For the last two games Tootenham and Sunkland both threw everything at a strangely subdued Saints. Spurs overcame Saints. Will Saints be more galvanised at the start than we were last week? We can't rely on own goals to kick start us every week.

I don't mind Stoke, the football used to be agricultural but isn't so much anymore. Fans are passionate, even if they have lost their 'edge' in recent years.

Think it'll be a close game, as we're not as good as we think and they are also better than we think.

I'm going for 1-0 Saints, 68th minute winner from Schneiderlin.

I don't mind Stoke, the football used to be agricultural but isn't so much anymore. Fans are passionate, even if they have lost their 'edge' in recent years.

Think it'll be a close game, as we're not as good as we think and they are also better than we think.

I'm going for 1-0 Saints, 68th minute winner from Schneiderlin.

How good do we think we are then?

Judging by this thread a bona fide top 4 side.

It also looks like people haven't watched Stoke in a while, they aren't a physical, long ball team anymore and haven't been for a while.

I think he people that think that can be measured on the scale from pretty much no one all the way to no one.

Maybe. I just think we're going to get taken down a peg or two this week after last week's freak result.

You're just trying to innoculate yourself against disappointment, standard fan practice.. Why not have a bet on Stoke, that's what some people do to lay off the pleasure, I understand.

You're just trying to innoculate yourself against disappointment, standard fan practice.. Why not have a bet on Stoke, that's what some people do to lay off the pleasure, I understand.

Will certainly be having a bet on Stoke. Sure, we're a better side and should win, but a team like Saints aren't going to keep winning, sadly. If we won our next 3 like we're capable of doing, we'd still be 3rd. Things like that don't happen in football. I'd expect Stoke to get a penalty, or one of our players to get a red card. The likes of Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will start picking up points, and we will drop off into 8th/9th.

Morning all,

If any of you are looking for some light reading before you head off to SMS I took a look at how other teams who have won big in the past have fared in their next fixtures.

3-4 minute read also asking the question of whether our big win against Sunderland makes today's game against Stoke more difficult?

Would love to know what you guys think. UTS.

http://bit.ly/1yvBZ3Z

Morning all,

If any of you are looking for some light reading before you head off to SMS I took a look at how other teams who have won big in the past have fared in their next fixtures.

3-4 minute read also asking the question of whether our big win against Sunderland makes today's game against Stoke more difficult?

Would love to know what you guys think. UTS.

http://bit.ly/1yvBZ3Z

:( if you really want my credit card details you only have to send me pm, gmi

malware_zps93bec4c8.jpg

Too many have the 8-0 scoreline in their heads and not the shaky start to the game. Sunderland's heads were down almost straight after the second, they let us play our stuff and we were surprisingly clinical. Today won't be so easy. I see us sneaking it still but it'll be a tough game, Stoke can be very potent, in the air especially.

I think we will be complacent after the hammering and cant see us keeping a clean sheet against this sort of side will be a much tougher test! They are easily as good as us in the air and good on corners together with a physical midfield, that said play our a game and we should get a result!

Edited by Mr X

Hopefully Crouch doesn't get any stick, never really understood why he would, did a great job that season, as mich as anyone to keep us up and has always seemed like a decent guy.

Plus it always looks stupid when the player then scores.

No agree crouch 16 goals for us in half a season. Was superb.