Stoke Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Well, I for one am really fearful of Adams diving all over the place in the final third when the refs back is turned and he's far from being the worst offender. You KNOW they will dive and for sure they'll get at least one penalty with Hughes doing his windmill act and harassing the ref and 4th official and moaning like b*gger* to SZky afterwards. I guess Ron does as well but too polite to say as much publicly.

There are still plenty of tickets left for this game, looking online they have now put most of block 44 on sale so we will have most of the Northam stand for home fans which makes a change. Hopefully we’ll get a decent walk up tomorrow and sell most of them so the mass of empty seats won’t be so prominent on the tv highlights.

Still plenty available in block 43 and some in the Itchen North as well.

One thought came to mind, that after the fantastic start to the season....and last week's blitz on Sunderland ....if we can't fill SMS on Saturday, we might as well forget the long-term aim of stadium expansion.

This is surely the best form we've shown in decades, but if there aren't enough interested fans to fill all the seats ---what's the point?.

One thought came to mind, that after the fantastic start to the season....and last week's blitz on Sunderland ....if we can't fill SMS on Saturday, we might as well forget the long-term aim of stadium expansion.

This is surely the best form we've shown in decades, but if there aren't enough interested fans to fill all the seats ---what's the point?.

Reducing ticket prices by even as little as a fiver would help massively and I'm pretty sure we'd sell out every week

Distinct lack of score predictions in this thread....

1-1 (Schneiderlin 19, Crouch 45 +2)

Tough second half with lots of effort from both teams, Forster producing a fine double save around the 70 minute mark to keep us level. Ultimately the game fizzling out to a commendable draw.

Saints bemoan difficult opposition and a lot of huffing and puffing. Stoke City bemoan the fact we are bemoaning about them. They carry that chip off with them about everyone hating them whilst we carry on thinking we play the best-est(sic) football in the land.

In reality its a good honest contest and a fair result.

Edited by jasonb

Got a feeling Gardos is coming in for this one to sort Crouch...

My guess for the starting line up...

.................FORSTER.......................

CLYNE FONTE GARDOS BERTRAND

DAVIS ALDEWEIRELD SCHNEIDERLIN

LONG PELLE TADIC

Reducing ticket prices by even as little as a fiver would help massively and I'm pretty sure we'd sell out every week

our cheapest normal adult seat for a Cat C game is £34.

Arsenal's cheapest Cat C is £25

Our hosts next week Hull City cheapest normal adult ticket for Cat C = £16.

For the top games our Cat A are nowhere near as expensive as some teams, but our lowest Category tickets are quite a lot. Filling the ground against "lesser" opposition who only bring small away allocations (thus creating higher supply of home tickets) is difficult, i think lower prices would help. There was a £25 promotion in the Chapel stand for this game for season ticket holders to buy extra seats, not sure what the take up was like for that but i didn't see it advertised much.

Hughes castigates Hartson for his comments about Moses diving to gain the penalty against Swansea.

Well, he would, wouldn't he? Not unnatural for him to defend his player, although I'm also sure that he would employ double standards and moan like mad if it had happened against his team. A poll of fans asked to judge on whether it was a penalty or a dive woiuld come out massively in favour of it being classifed as a dive, therefore the worst form of cheating, and it does Hughes no credit at all to try and justify it.

Asked whether Moses will therefore be classified as a diving cheat as a result, Hughes hoped not, but suspected it was a possibility. All I can say, is that I hope he tries it against us, because the referees will be looking for it from him now. I'm sure that we will be happy to remind the referee with chants of "cheat" every time he goes down a little too easily.

Mane's goal being taken away

Tadic's assist being taken away

Lawro predicting us to draw.

No need for Koeman to motivate the team this week.

It would be hilarious if we did it again.

Does that mean Mane gets the assist...all a load of ballaches

Hey I'm sorry guys, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, so there will be one empty seat. If they can play on Sunday this week, I'm there!

I'd go every week but at the end of the day no matter how well saints are doing if my daughter has a school trip to pay for, my son needs new football boots and the washing machine is on the blink again (or which ever domestic drains on your cash you want to apply) they end up coming first over an afternoon of football I'm sure I'm not the only one this applies to.

As it happens this month I have managed to scrap together the cash for me and No.1 son to go to SMS I offered him the choice of Sunderland or Stoke he choose the Stoke game because the Sunderland game would be crap:x

Some interesting stats from the BBC pre match article

The Saints have the best penalty record of any team in the Premier League (53 taken, 51 scored).

No player has conceded more penalties since the start of the 2008-09 season than Ryan Shawcross (seven).

:D

Fraser Forster has the best saves to shots ratio of any first-choice goalkeeper in the top flight in 2014-15 (75%).

Asmir Begovic has the lowest saves to shots ratio (53%) of any first-choice goalkeeper this season in the Premier League.

The Saints have the best penalty record of any team in the Premier League (53 taken, 51 scored).

No player has conceded more penalties since the start of the 2008-09 season than Ryan Shawcross (seven).

Fraser Forster has the best saves to shots ratio of any first-choice goalkeeper in the top flight in 2014-15 (75%).

Asmir Begovic has the lowest saves to shots ratio (53%) of any first-choice goalkeeper this season in the Premier League.

Utterly pointless statistic Beeb, who scored those? :lol:

It's nothing to do with lack of interest, just that many are now just watching at home or down the pub for free, high ticket prices add to the issue. Simple as that.

Until they find a way of blocking feeds and dropping prices it will only get worse for most clubs.

Typical, Shawcross and Begovic are the two Stokies I have in my dream team. Lovely. (And briefly Bojan until I realised Crouch was the favourite striker.)

Stoke will be a damn sight tougher than Sunderland but it's nice to dream.

I'd go every week but at the end of the day no matter how well saints are doing if my daughter has a school trip to pay for, my son needs new football boots and the washing machine is on the blink again (or which ever domestic drains on your cash you want to apply) they end up coming first over an afternoon of football I'm sure I'm not the only one this applies to.

As it happens this month I have managed to scrap together the cash for me and No.1 son to go to SMS I offered him the choice of Sunderland or Stoke he choose the Stoke game because the Sunderland game would be crap:x

Hope they do the decent thing for you tomorrow, Doddsy.

taking a young lad to his first game tomorrow.

Last time I took new lads to their first game was the brilliant 3-2 win over stoke in the Championship, so hopefully a good omen.

Plenty of footy fans have to pick and choose due to finances and other considerations.

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Alderweireld - Bertrand

Schneiderlin - Wanyama - S Davis

Tadic - Pelle - Mane

Subs: K Davis, Targett, Gardos, Cork, Reed, Long, Gallagher

Saints 2 (S.Davis, Mane) Stoke 1

It'll likely be Mayuka and Yoshida on the bench over Targett and Gallagher.

3 days ago...

Verified account
@
SamGallagher40

Operation this morning went nice and smoothly! Can't wait to get back in the road to recovery1f604.png 26bd.png

B0eEr1dCEAAlcb-.jpg

Stop making excuses for him MLG. I had surgery (knob reduction) and went back to work the next days. These lazy overpaid footballers make me sick.

i spose technically it's "knob reduction", but the proper term nowadays is gender reassignment

Back on topic pls, we can talk bout tokyos sex-change later.

Reading their oatcakes, Stoke bros seem to think we're still the same mid-table stragglers of yester-year, they don't recognise us as champion league behemoths! Wake up + smell coffee, stoke bros! Stop burying ur head in ur pants!

buttsniff.jpg

It'll likely be Mayuka and Yoshida on the bench over Targett and Gallagher.

3 days ago...

Verified account
@
SamGallagher40

Operation this morning went nice and smoothly! Can't wait to get back in the road to recovery1f604.png 26bd.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1393[/ATTACH]

I could have sworn I saw Gallagher in the training video before the Sunderland game. Oh well, that's another marble slipped out of my bag then :)

Sell out??

Out of interest I just logged on to ticket sales site and no Stoke tickets available for reservation or purchase online except hospitality.....although I may be doing something wrong but certainly when you go to home tickets tomorrow's match isn't there now.