Too early for a United thread?

simo

Really? Then why are their coaches outside the ground from such diverse suburbs of Manchester as Milton Keynes, Taunton, Haywards Heath, Margate, etc?

Give Manchester City their due; all of their away coaches came from Manchester proper or near enough, when they were here the other week.

Wasn't that what you told us would be the case with our home support if we extend st Mary's?

Southampton

23 Forster

02 Clyne

06 Fonte

03 Yoshida

21 Bertrand

08 Davis

12 Wanyama

10 Mané

11 Tadic

19 Pellè

07 Long

Substitutes

01 Davis

05 Gardos

24 Mayuka

27 Isgrove

28 Reed

33 Targett

42 Hesketh

Manchester United

01 de Gea

33 McNair

12 Smalling

05 Rojo

25 A Valencia

31 Fellaini

16 Carrick

18 Young

08 Mata

10 Rooney

20 van Persie

Substitutes

06 Evans

09 Falcao

11 Januzaj

13 Lindegaard

21 Herrera

24 Fletcher

49 Wilson

err we don't really have a lot of options but I'm not keen on that team, didn't work very well against Villa having all our attacking options on the pitch.................... bench looks youthful

Ooga. Wanyama-Davis is our defensive midfield. Not sure about that, but what do you do?

For Gods sake did Koeman watch our last two games with Mane,Pelle, and Long together! No midfield ????? What the hell is he on? A poor team and asking for it against United !!!

Unbelievable ... Our midfield will too far apart and completely overrun ala Man City....

Koeman must fancy Yoshida over Gardos, it's not like Koeman doesn't have defensive pedigree so you have to respect his decision.

I think Yosh is better when he grows into games, it's still a relatively strong 11 although no options off the bench.

Mane needs to get a McNair or Valencia. He had a tough day up against Zabeletta (best right back in the world) but think he could be the difference tonight

For Gods sake did Koeman watch our last two games with Mane,Pelle, and Long together! No midfield ????? What the hell is he on? A poor team and asking for it against United !!!

Unbelievable ... Our midfield will too far apart and completely overrun ala Man City....

And who else would you pick?

What would you do different though? options are pretty limited.....though I would have been tempted to have Reed in the team with Mane as an impact sub.

292918ed23c31dc84ef74b5d1e2cf147.jpg

Here's hoping Mane / Pelle / Long can find a couple of goals between them because that's the weakest defensively our back 7 has been for for a long time. MS always leaves a man-size hole when he's out and Bertrand has been a real attacking find so far.

COYRs! I'll take a squeaky 2-2 now.

Am I the only one that audibly sighs when they read Yoshida's in the starting 11?

I know what you mean but to be fair he was pretty decent during the end of last season whenever he was needed, I just think he needs a run of games and since he comes in and out quite a few times his early games can result in errors which seem to be punished and hence magnified on here.

All I want tonight is:

1) we clear the first man/wall from crosses, corners or freekicks

2) our players don't keep slipping cos they've got the wrong footwear on.

3) when we block it actually hits us instead of going through legs, under arses and into our goal.

Am I the only one that audibly sighs when they read Yoshida's in the starting 11?

Nope because Yoshida is currently the scapegoat of the month. He could play like John Terry in his prime and people would still slag him off on here.

He is a very solid backup who gets a good half a page of "Yoshida is ****" etc. whenever he makes the smallest of mistakes, and is lucky to get more than 2 posts of acknowledgement whenever he makes a superb tackle (see vs Coutinho on the opening day of the season) or does something good.

He isn't on the level of Toby or Fonte, but I'd rather trust RK's judgement over the posters on here, when it comes to our 1st choice backup CB.