Too early for a United thread?

simo

This whole left sided/right sided nonsense didn't exist until the mid 2000s.

Its not nonsense, why do you think that players can play equally well on either side? Claus and Killer played right and left respectively. Jose plays right centre, he would struggle on the left. Toby seems able to play either side but thats because he is just such a classy player, he can also play RB. Yoshi can play left back, bit never ever let him play right back, he is absolutely ****ing useless there. It takes a very special player to play either side of the centre back pairing (Toby is such a player).

Again worst case scenario. You really are just a nightmare.

Koeman and Reed have both said it but don't let that get in the way. Most likely he will start playing for the first team roughly around start of Feb.

Not sure what is nightmarish about saying that? FFS.

http://m.basingstokegazette.co.uk/sport/11619623.Jay_Rodriguez____won___t_be_rushed____back_into_action_for_Saints/?ref=mr

Koeman and Reed have both said it but don't let that get in the way. Most likely he will start playing for the first team roughly around start of Feb.

Not sure what is nightmarish about saying that? FFS.

http://m.basingstokegazette.co.uk/sport/11619623.Jay_Rodriguez____won___t_be_rushed____back_into_action_for_Saints/?ref=mr

Sounds about right to me. You can't expect him to be fully up to speed until April. Let's hope he make a full recovery.

Have to focus on lack of quality midfield options for Monday. Personally I would put Targett in at LB and play Bertrand on LH side of midfield, then have Davis, Wanyama and Tadic in mid as well. Toby may/may not be fit, if not has to be Gardos in and not Yoshida given v.Persie high ball threat in the box (and his scoring record against Saints). For a change I would go back to a 442 line up with Long and Pelle up front. ManUre have a lot of defence injuries and an old stye 442 line up may just be the way to go for this one - let's face it we don't have many other options??.

This really is a pivotal game in the season's fixtures. Retain any semblance of hope in the top 6 or fade away to mid-table - I see it really as decisive as that. The result will have a significant effect on the view of fans and media too IMO.

Realistically - as always - it depends what team ManUre field and whoever it is, whether they want it enough. Their squad depth is far better than ours and RK does not seem convinced by Reed etc. If Schneiderlin is not back and we have to move Toby forward, we will lose (again) I fear - I'm a big believer in square pegs in square holes.

Head 1-3...heart 1-1.

This really is a pivotal game in the season's fixtures. Retain any semblance of hope in the top 6 or fade away to mid-table - I see it really as decisive as that. The result will have a significant effect on the view of fans and media too IMO.

Realistically - as always - it depends what team ManUre field and whoever it is, whether they want it enough. Their squad depth is far better than ours and RK does not seem convinced by Reed etc. If Schneiderlin is not back and we have to move Toby forward, we will lose (again) I fear - I'm a big believer in square pegs in square holes.

Head 1-3...heart 1-1.

If we can't score Utd will eventually grind us down and win in the end, it's what the new look Van Gaal Utd does.

This really is our last opportunity to prove we can get results off of bigger sided. As mentioned above, the result will decide the rest of our season. I think we might scrape a draw, 1-1

If after tomorrow we only have lesser sides to play then we'll do alright!

It's not though, is it?

I believe so. We always knew these three games would be our toughest test, I just think a negative result will knock the team's confidence and belief of whether we can mix it with the best. It will put massive pressure on the players to get a result against an improving Burnley side. A win would really put us back on track and send out a message to the other teams. What are your thoughts?

I believe so. We always knew these three games would be our toughest test, I just think a negative result will knock the team's confidence and belief of whether we can mix it with the best. It will put massive pressure on the players to get a result against an improving Burnley side. A win would really put us back on track and send out a message to the other teams. What are your thoughts?

These 3 games mean very little in the grand scheme of things. Just 3 bonus games, no pressure on them really. We don't come across as the sort of side to get hung over on a defeat, so I wouldn't be worried about the forthcoming fixtures what so ever.

If we pick ourselves up and win against the likes of Everton, WHU, Swansea, Burnley, Palace etc then we'll be in contention for where we want to be. I still think it's impressive we're even talking about a potential top 6 finish, but that shows how good our start has been. We'll most likely pull of a 'big' result somewhere along the lines this season, it's not like we've played them all all ready. And who knows, it may well be tomorrow. I won't lose any sleep if it isn't though, as I know we're well ahead of where we were expected to be.

These 3 games mean very little in the grand scheme of things. Just 3 bonus games, no pressure on them really. We don't come across as the sort of side to get hung over on a defeat, so I wouldn't be worried about the forthcoming fixtures what so ever.

If we pick ourselves up and win against the likes of Everton, WHU, Swansea, Burnley, Palace etc then we'll be in contention for where we want to be. I still think it's impressive we're even talking about a potential top 6 finish, but that shows how good our start has been. We'll most likely pull of a 'big' result somewhere along the lines this season, it's not like we've played them all all ready. And who knows, it may well be tomorrow. I won't lose any sleep if it isn't though, as I know we're well ahead of where we were expected to be.

if that is the clubs attitude, we wont stay at the top 6 or so of the league for long

Exactly, we are not in a relegation battle. Assuming the target now is probably top 6, there are certainly no 'bonus' games. We need to be picking up points in a high percentage of games, that includes those against Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City. It's easy to say we're punching above our weight right now, but I'm sure the club's aims and objectives have changed since the summer.

Exactly, we are not in a relegation battle. Assuming the target now is probably top 6, there are certainly no 'bonus' games. We need to be picking up points in a high percentage of games, that includes those against Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City. It's easy to say we're punching above our weight right now, but I'm sure the club's aims and objectives have changed since the summer.

Not yet.

Was at the Arsenal game on Wednesday night and instead of coming away Happy with

a Point I came away Heartbroken/Gutted/Annoying by getting F*** All as Forster was

Amazing along with others & Marriner was S*** as well so going by the Arsenal game

I want to say we've got a chance tomorrow but am going to go for either a 2-2 Draw or

2-1/3-1 United but we'l see....!!!

COYR!!! :D

My team for tomorrow:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Wanyama Davis Reed

Long Pelle Tadic

Not really much alternatives in midfield. Will be disappointed if Reed is not given chance. Big chance for him to make his mark on the first team.

Yeah if we play Yoshida or Gardos in midfield i'll be extremely disappointed.

They have the best away support in the league - I hope our fans are up for a sing song tonight - could be a cracking atmosphere under the lights.

This. Expect a few renditions of their 12 days of Christmas song in particular... For variety and volume, their away support is unrivalled in England IMO. That said, it helps they win a lot on their travels!

No doubt we'll respond with a few rousing renditions of gems like "we support our local team" (sung with gusto by people travelling up from Dorset) and "do you come from Manchester" (which the answer is invariably "yes" when it comes to their away support).

Seriously I hope we are up for it tonight, night game under the floodlights against the Mancs should be a cracking atmosphere!