Too early for a United thread?

simo

@bigadamsport: #saintsfc fans of @jackcork1 will be pleased @RonaldKoeman just told me he's let the club know he'd like to keep Cork beyond the summer

Glad to hear that, shame with the injury and the timing but he's obviously done enough to convince the one person that matters.

Regardless of their attack, defensively they are still very getable.

Despite injuries I would still leave either Long or Mane on the bench because its important to have someone from the bench that can come on to make an impact.

I would go with:

----------------------------------Forster-----------------------------------------

Clyne-----------Fonte------------------------Gardos---------------------Bertrand

----------------------Wanyama-----Davis------Reed----------------------------

Tadic-------------------------------------------------------------------------Mane

---------------------------------------Pelle---------------------------------------------

Van Gaal on his relationship with Ronald Koeman: "I think this is private."

On facing Southampton: "I've read it also in the media. But do you know how much players we've lost. We have lost more players, I'm sorry."

"Ronald Koeman is a very good coach so I know he can do it. It is very good."

On whether it's better for Saints to have spent less money than United and to be higher: "No. Clubs ask more money from Manchester United. Do you think Southampton pay more money? NO, because it's Southampton."

"I think they have a very good squad, some of whom I know. I think they are able to come in the first four. But that's also because I believe in the management, in Ronald Koeman...I believe the cohesion is good, and he can manage."

Edited by trousers

Ronald Koeman says Jack Cork will be out for "more than six weeks", while Morgan Schneiderlin is also out of Monday's game against Manchester United.

Defender Toby Alderweireld is also doubtful following the injury which forced him off early against Arsenal on Wednesday, while James Ward-Prowse could return to training in a week's time.

Dear god our midfield is going to be thin for this game...I didn't think Cork was that badly injured when he came off at arsenal.

On facing Southampton: "I've read it also in the media. But do you know how much players we've lost. We have lost more players, I'm sorry."

"On whether it's better for Saints to have spent less money than United and to be higher: "No. Clubs ask more money from Manchester United. Do you think Southampton pay more money? NO, because it's Southampton."

Hard to know what is on about really.

Certainly thin on the ground in midfield. However we know Target can hold the lb position so maybe push betrand forward. Same for Clyne if we have someone who can play rb[/QUOTE]

Alderweir...oh. In that case Cor.....oh. Ummmmmmm, McCarthy becomes our right back cover then. Let's hope we don't lose Clyne.

Looks like our lack of strength in depth has been exposed for this one. Will be amazed if we get anything from it.

Just unlucky more than anything, as a club of our size our midfield options are pretty immense so there's nothing we can actually do about it tbh. Just have to suck it up and accept the bad luck, cause that's all it is right now. No point complaining about a lack of cover in an area we actually did have plenty of cover.

Koeman said Morgan should be back for next saturday and remember Toby is only a 'doubt' for Monday, its not that bad when you think about it. JWP should be back soon too, its just awkward that so many midfielders happen to have picked up some sort of injury at the same time.

From FourFourTWo about Pelle's form:

In the six matches since (Sunderland game) he's hit the target with just 2 of his 23 shots - most of which (well, 9) came against Stoke. That's some drop-off from his early-season form - up to and including that Sunderland romp (eight games), he'd tested the opposition keeper with 14 of his 27 shots, finding the net with 6 of them.

well, if we lose this, that will make out record against the "top 6" bloody awful

and put us on course to be just like last season

also, you watch the media (or sky should I say) go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about some sort of rift the two managers had ages ago

Edited by Batman

well, if we lose this, that will make out record against the "top 6" bloody awful

also, you watch the media (or sky should I say) go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about some sort of rift the two managers had ages ago

They'll probably call us flat track bullies too.

Yes, but they both keep fuelling that fire by answering the question. I think it's because Koeman can't help but give an honest answer to every question, but I'm not sure he's helping himself by doing so.

I know. Isn't it just so irritating when people go on and on ad nauseum about the same old bloody thing.

I feel happy with Maya in the defence. Toby Alderweld has played well but Maya and Jose have more historic nous together.

Sorry mate, he may be one of your countryman but Maya just isn't good enough. If Toby is out then Gardos needs play in his place.

Sorry mate, he may be one of your countryman but Maya just isn't good enough. If Toby is out then Gardos needs play in his place.

Mr Koeman disagrees with you. Maya will start and earn new contract over the next weeks.

What have you seen of Gardos that suggests he's better than Yoshida? He played pretty well against Arsenal in the cup but was very erratic against Stoke. Koeman sees them both in training every day so I'd imagine he has a slightly better idea than you about their respective qualities.

What have you seen of Gardos that suggests he's better than Yoshida? He played pretty well against Arsenal in the cup but was very erratic against Stoke. Koeman sees them both in training every day so I'd imagine he has a slightly better idea than you about their respective qualities.

Let's be honest, if we've spent £7million on a centreback who isn't a better option than Yoshida then it's a hell of a mistake.

Let's be honest, if we've spent £7million on a centreback who isn't a better option than Yoshida then it's a hell of a mistake.

Or maybe it just shows that Yoshida isn't as bad as some on here would like to believe. He has been thrown on against Arsenal and Man City due to injuries and done alright. Sure he has looked nervy and made a couple of mistakes but you would expect that. It would be wildly optimistic to expect Southampton's back up defender to make it look easy against Aguero and Sanchez.

He was not very erratic in the against Stoke, he made 2 mistakes late on, when the whole team was under pressure. One of which nearly cost us of course, but didnt. Up until then he was rock solid against their big and physical attack, as he was against Arsenal. If Maya was left out due to errors he would have never played again long ago. He turned his back to Lampard (a trait of his) and made a mess of a clearance at Arsenal from which Wellback pounced. He did ok and I dont expect him to be faultless but I think Gardos has looked more solid in his couple of games. Maya may be quicker