Unfunny comedians

sadoldgit

8 out of 10 cats does Running Man? I wouldn't rule it out.

Brilliant :lol:

Although keep your comedy fresh Pap - 8 out of 10 cats does Hunger games for the current generation.

Actually that would be farking brilliant - Celebrity hunger games - suddenly a reality show I'd watch

My favourite comedy actor is Mark Heap - utterly brilliant in any role he is given

His acting as Alan Statham in Green Wing was simply incredible. He stole every scene he was in which was hard to do in such a great show.

He's also superb as Jim in Friday Night Dinner. It's the subtle mannerisms and expressions that make the character, which in other hands could be completely one dimensional.

His acting as Alan Statham in Green Wing was simply incredible. He stole every scene he was in which was hard to do in such a great show.

He's also superb as Jim in Friday Night Dinner. It's the subtle mannerisms and expressions that make the character, which in other hands could be completely one dimensional.

I really loved him in Spaced. Actually, I just really loved Spaced.

Oh, the days when Simon Pegg & Nick Frost were funny.

I cant believe that Lenny Henry has not been mentioned. The un-funniest person ever to be on tv, and in my opinion is only on TV for one reason.

Lee Mack is decent, I saw him live in Bournemouth and was brilliant, although the same show he did for the DVD filmed in London was disappointing. He is very good on Would i lie to you and the episode with Henning Wein was superb.

Bob Newhart and Hancock were all time greats

I cant believe that Lenny Henry has not been mentioned. The un-funniest person ever to be on tv, and in my opinion is only on TV for one reason.

to advertise hotels?

Was he edgy race comic back when he started, or has he always been PG?

Brilliant :lol:

Although keep your comedy fresh Pap - 8 out of 10 cats does Hunger games for the current generation.

Actually that would be farking brilliant - Celebrity hunger games - suddenly a reality show I'd watch

I'm actually ahead of the game. Running Man doesn't start until 2017, according to the blurb on the movie.

to advertise hotels?

Was he edgy race comic back when he started, or has he always been PG?

He was the token black dude on Tiswas that sat in the corner wearing a rasta hat and eating condensed milk sandwiches.

If my memory doesn't lie.

See i dont find Lee Evans funny either, sweats alot, talks in stupid voices and swings his arms around, he irritates me. Russell Howard is also terrible.

Sean Lock yes, Micky Flannigan also although he's starting to become a bit to overdone now.

Ive seen both Sean Lock and Russell Howard perform live at a local gig on separate occasions. Sean Lock was poor, mumbling and staggering through his (mostly unfunny) material. Russell Howard was professional, word perfect, and very very funny. Yet strangely, I prefer Sean Lock to Russell Howard when I see them on TV.

Comedians are definitely a taste issue, something for everyone. Personally I prefer proper stand up comics to TV comics, although one of the best comedians I've seen live is Lee Mack. I've not laughed so consistently through a performance since I first saw Lee Evans in the 90s. (Though I admit Evans has lost it of late.)

Ive seen both Sean Lock and Russell Howard perform live at a local gig on separate occasions. Sean Lock was poor, mumbling and staggering through his (mostly unfunny) material. Russell Howard was professional, word perfect, and very very funny. Yet strangely, I prefer Sean Lock to Russell Howard when I see them on TV.

Comedians are definitely a taste issue, something for everyone. Personally I prefer proper stand up comics to TV comics, although one of the best comedians I've seen live is Lee Mack. I've not laughed so consistently through a performance since I first saw Lee Evans in the 90s. (Though I admit Evans has lost it of late.)

Lee Mack is a good shout, forgot about him - I saw him live in Hull Uni in, er, 1997 I think - my memory is obviously hazy, but I do remember he was brilliant. Still amuses me now on TV.

Edit (I like him even more now);

Upon leaving school, Mack worked in a bingo hall and as a stable boy. After working at the stable of racehorse trainer Ginger McCain in Southport for three days, he asked if he could ride one of the horses, to which the trainer agreed. Without realising, Mack then chose Red Rum as the first horse he'd ever ridden.[2][6] Mack then became a blue coat for Pontins at Hemsby near Great Yarmouth.[2]

After appearing on stage drunk one night, and calling an audience member a "c*nt", he was sacked from the Hemsby team, and did six months at Pontins in Morecambe.[2]

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Oh FFS - why keep rehashing stories over and over again?

Big train was great - bought the box set a couple of months ago some fantastic 'bits' in there

Yep, Big Train was brilliant.

Actually really enjoyed Man Stroke Woman as well, underrated in my opinion.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

He was the token black dude on Tiswas that sat in the corner wearing a rasta hat and eating condensed milk sandwiches.

If my memory doesn't lie.

Spot on. he also started his career with the Black & White Minstel Show - something he likes to distance himself from now. I know this because an ex girlfriend's father was one of the main singers and knew Lenny well.

about 25 plus years ago I saw someone called Matt Lucas, playing the character of some eccentric drunk.

It was absolutely terrible, One of the worst acts I have ever seen, I was embarrassed and felt sorry for him it was that bad.

I wonder what ever happened to him?

about 25 plus years ago I saw someone called Matt Lucas, playing the character of some eccentric drunk.

It was absolutely terrible, One of the worst acts I have ever seen, I was embarrassed and felt sorry for him it was that bad.

I wonder what ever happened to him?

ditto Johnny Vegas about 15 years ago. The entire audience just sat in stony silence. There was no heckling, it would have been like booing at a funeral.

Sorry Halo, only just seen your post!

No problem, SOG, but thanks anyway for the acknowledgement.

BTW, as regards one of your previous posts:

Nostalgia time - does anyone remember Michael Palin's Ripping Yarns?

I wasn’t a fan of Palin’s Ripping Yarns, although, in fairness, I can’t recall watching much of it.

But, talking of that era, I was a great admirer of Tommy Cooper, Eric Morecambe and Larry Grayson.

No problem, SOG, but thanks anyway for the acknowledgement.

BTW, as regards one of your previous posts:

I wasn’t a fan of Palin’s Ripping Yarns, although, in fairness, I can’t recall watching much of it.

But, talking of that era, I was a great admirer of Tommy Cooper, Eric Morecambe and Larry Grayson.

Tommy Cooper and Eric Morecombe were both funny men without trying and they still make me laugh today whereas many of their era the comedy hasn't aged that well.

There were some classics in the Ripping Yarns series - Tompkinson's Schooldays was epic as was the one about the football supporter. Michael Palin is a great comic actor.

come to think of it, most if not all, female comedians are not funny

Lise Mayer (Rik Mayall's ex) might take issue as she co-wrote The Young Ones. Joan Rivers is another might have a case plus the writer of Girls, Lena Dunham.

Edited by sadoldgit

come to think of it, most if not all, female comedians are not funny

Come to think of it, most, if not all, Batman comments are not thought through.

I blame the laissez-faire parenting of Alfred Pennyworth myself. Leaving you to your own devices in the Brettcave, sans editor.

Peep Show is about the only one I'd make a point of watching – although, having said that, I’ve missed the last couple of series!

Don’t watch much TV these days.

Yeah good shout, I have all of those on Boxset. Can't think of much more that are recent. Not going can be a bit funny at times. Phone shop can be pretty funny.