Saints v Swansea

NickG

If there was ever a game where the first goal could make all the difference, this is it.

Swansea score and all of a sudden we're panicking and their tails are up. We score first and everything calms down + (touch wood), they roll over and fall into the temptation of dossing around (now that they've got nothing to play for this season).

I'll say this much, I don't see a team coming from behind to win this game.

If there was ever a game where the first goal could make all the difference, this is it.

Swansea score and all of a sudden we're panicking and their tails are up. We score first and everything calms down + (touch wood), they roll over and fall into the temptation of dossing around (now that they've got nothing to play for this season).

I say this in every game we play. We are very much a team that can play when were leading. We just tighten up on defence. But a goal behind feels like a huge upphill task ahead of us.

Lets hope Elia gets an eary one then.

Hopefully the Palace game was a reminder of how easily you can lose a game if you're not on it. With any luck they've had a good week in training and refocused.

Really good time to play Swansea based on their form, injuries and suspensions, but I'm never that confident when that happens. Could be a cagey one. 2-1 Saints.

I say this in every game we play. We are very much a team that can play when were leading. We just tighten up on defence. But a goal behind feels like a huge upphill task ahead of us.

Lets hope Elia gets an eary one then.

Shame that didn't work against Palace

I wouldn't start with Mane and EE personally. I know it's a bit of a football cliché but having pace on the bench to come on against tired legs can be pretty useful. Just look at Long when we played Leicester.

I'd start with Tadic and Elia. JWP, Reed and Davis making up the rest of the midfield assuming the other candidates aren't fit yet.

I'd perceiver with Gardos who has been excellent up until last week. I don't even think he was that bad against Palace.

I've got a bad feeling about this game, but maybe that's the pessimistic Saints fan of old talking. If we want to finish top 4, this is really one of those games we have to be winning. There in lies the pressure. That said I'm sure the lads are taking this one game at a time, and whatever the performance today we simply need the 3 points.

I bet Cork makes an appearance at some point, to say hello to the Swansea fans and goodbye to the Saints, I bet Forster had one of those games he looks like the best keeper in the world, and I bet Koeman says "thatsh football" in the post match interview. I lay no money on these.

If anyone was wondering, Cork is at SMS today.

Why wouldn't he be? He's a Swansea player and we're playing Swansea. Players often go to games where they're injured or suspended. Must be one of the quickest returns to a former club in history though.

I don't get why we've only named 6 subs. It's not the first time this season either.