Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Take Pelle out and we play it on the deck - Which suits most of our players. Then imagine Hernandez on the end of all the easy chances Pelle fluffs each game.

Only problem is Hernandez isn't really a realistic option.

I'm all for scrapping this hold up business. Pelle does do it very well but he is also on the end of so many of our chances.

Yep, I think Chelsea away was proof enough that "a big man to hold up the play" isn't always necessary. A good option to have for some games maybe, but I'd like to see us go with Mane, J Rod and one other (maybe Chicharito... or Ings, who knows) for a lot of games next season.

I don't see how Hernandez would fit into our system tbh - our striker is always key to how we go about attacking in terms of holding the ball up, winning the ball in the air and providing killer passes to players running in behind him. Hernandez just doesn't have those aspects to his game, similarly neither does Danny Ings. Either of those players could work well playing the kind of role that Mane has this season, playing off Pelle in a second striker role, but Ron has shown that he likes his 4-3-3 so I imagine we'll get in players to suit that system.

Gestede may not be such a bad shout after all!

We only play like that because we have a big man up the front.

Hernandez worked his ass off yesterday for Real madrid. Impressed me because I wasnt keen.

Take out our big man and we play it on the ground.

"Ronald Koeman wants £20million-rated Dutch full-back Gregory van der Wiel from Paris Saint-Germain to replace Nathaniel Clyne, who is wanted by BOTH Manchester clubs."

God no, stay away from him. The fact that he is rated at 20 mil makes me want to barf.

I see Memphis Depay has been having secret talks (so secret they are in the paper:D ) with Liverpool. Surely he'd rather play for Koeman than Brenda (or not)?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/memphis-depay-holds-secret-liverpool-5578040

If there is one thing Liverpool do well is selling their delusions of grandeur that innocent foreign players fall for and then get locked in to a 4yr contract with little hope of escape during which time their houses get broken into while they play away from home.

No idea if this is the right thread, but my predictions for the summer would be;

OUT;

Clyne - £20m

Toby - £1m fee from Athletico

Morgan - £30m

Jay Rod - £14m

£55m

IN;

Janmaat - £10m?

Vilhenna £3m

Clasie £12m

Krul - £5m

Ings or Hernandez - Free (with compensation) or £10m

Vlaar - Free

Elia - £3m

£43m (max)

Not incredibly unrealistic in terms of fee's received or calibre of players targeted. That summer (with preferential signings) would see us line up as follows on the first day of next season

----------------------Krul----------------------

Janmaat-------Fonte--------Vlaar-------Bertrand

----------------Clasie---------Wanyama-----------

------------------------Davis---------------------------

Mane------------------------------------Tadic/Long-----

----------------------Hernandez------------------

SUBS; Gazza, Targett, Yoshi, Vilhenna, JWP, Pelle, Elia, Tadic/Long

Thoughts?

Edited by sydneysaint17
maths error...

Although it's tempting for Koeman to look at the eredivisie/Dutch players, I don't believe he would go for 6 Dutch players in his team. Although Vilhenna, Clasie and Krul are very possible. I think Elia may leave.

Been linked with Janmaat who is versatile, has prem experience and wouldnt cost the earth. Same story with Vlaar, ticks a lot of boxes although I can see us going after a more long term replacement if the money is there.

Bamford would be absolutely fantastic.

He's an excellent player. I think he's only got a couple of years left at Chelsea, and obviously he's not going to play there. I reckon we could get him, and he'd be such a Les Reed signing. Can see this happening.

Ah apparently it's just a loan, would rather we gave Seager a go. No point in loans without a future fee, better to develop our own than someone elses.

There is if they are a decent player. Supposing we don't sign Toby permanently, we're still better off having him this season.

No idea if this is the right thread, but my predictions for the summer would be;

OUT;

Clyne - £20m

Morgan - £30m

Jay Rod - £14m

£55m

IN;

Janmaat - £10m?

Vilhenna £3m

Clasie £12m

Krul - £5m

Ings or Hernandez - Free (with compensation) or £10m

Vlaar - Free

Elia - £3m

£43m (max)

Not incredibly unrealistic in terms of fee's received or calibre of players targeted. That summer (with preferential signings) would see us line up as follows on the first day of next season

----------------------Krul----------------------

Janmaat-------Fonte--------Vlaar-------Bertrand

----------------Clasie---------Wanyama-----------

------------------------Davis---------------------------

Mane------------------------------------Tadic/Long-----

----------------------Hernandez------------------

SUBS; Gazza, Targett, Yoshi, Vilhenna, JWP, Pelle, Elia, Tadic/Long

Thoughts?

Thankfully your not our accountant amigo

OUT;

Clyne - £20m

Morgan - £30m

Jay Rod - £14m

£55m

Its actually 65M

If anyone thinks that Hernandez is not good enough for SFC......is mental.

He turned us down for Real Madrid last season....can you blame him!

We want him,for 1st team action week i,week out....if he turns us down fair enough.

But he is class.

Man UTD fans couldn't believe they let him go.......snap him up saints.

Hermandez+10m for Clyne....thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behave lard, lets get 20m for clyne and get someone in that fits the system shall we

I don't see how Hernandez would fit into our system tbh - our striker is always key to how we go about attacking in terms of holding the ball up, winning the ball in the air and providing killer passes to players running in behind him. Hernandez just doesn't have those aspects to his game, similarly neither does Danny Ings. Either of those players could work well playing the kind of role that Mane has this season, playing off Pelle in a second striker role, but Ron has shown that he likes his 4-3-3 so I imagine we'll get in players to suit that system.

Gestede may not be such a bad shout after all!

This

Yep, I think Chelsea away was proof enough that "a big man to hold up the play" isn't always necessary. A good option to have for some games maybe, but I'd like to see us go with Mane, J Rod and one other (maybe Chicharito... or Ings, who knows) for a lot of games next season.

You mean chelsea that play Drogba when Costa is injured ?

He could well be playing Champions League football next season with Dynamo. On the other hand the Ukrainian domestic league has pretty much collapsed. Tavria and Sevastopol were expelled after the annexation of the Crimea. Kryvbas and Arsenal Kiev went bust and 5 teams can't play in their home cities because of the civil war.

Goalkeeper

Janmaat in for Clyne

Clasie in for Schneiderlin

Alderweireld or a new top class cb

Sign Elia permanently. Give Gaston one more year, could be key in Europe in my opinion.

Keep Wanyama and Mane.

+2/3 new players in and that will be a great summer.

Goalkeeper

Janmaat in for Clyne

Sign Elia permanently. Give Gaston one more year, could be key in Europe in my opinion.

Keep Wanyama and Mane.

And a top class striker. God knows how I forgot that.

Goalkeeper

Janmaat in for Clyne

Keep Wanyama and Mane.

Not sure Elia has done enough to warrant being retained,and doubt he'd want to be a squad player, wasn't that the reason for him being ****ed off at his last club ?

Gaston ? How many more "last chances" does he need ? If we can recoup something on him this summer then I expect we'll want to take the cash.

What this team lacks is goals. We need another goalscorer, if not two (Austin AND Ings?). We need a midfielder that can create chances and score 10 goals himself.

Then we need a gk to replace Forster and a CB to replace Toby if he doesn't sign. A RB if Clyne goes. A replacement for Morgan if he goes too.

Be a shame if we only ever spend less than we receive in player sales too.

agree with you there. we did that this year by some distance. I get that huge figures are involved in salaries/operating costs. But to not spend what we bring in AGAIN would be a shame, given the huge sums coming in with the TV deals in place

Think that team would be far weaker than this years. Be a shame if we only ever spend less than we receive in player sales too.

But we did. The fee's for Lallana Shaw, Lovren, Chambers will be on installments - we didn't have 90m to spend. And also you have to take into account wages...signing on fee's...agent fee's.....and given that our wage bill is higher this year, then I think it's fair to assume that we reinvested most, if not all, of what we received in the summer.

But we did. The fee's for Lallana Shaw, Lovren, Chambers will be on installments - we didn't have 90m to spend. And also you have to take into account wages...signing on fee's...agent fee's.....and given that our wage bill is higher this year, then I think it's fair to assume that we reinvested most, if not all, of what we received in the summer.

that goes for the money we spent too. so we really never

we were what £20m in the black with player trading? that does not take into account £80m TV money or what ever it is..

I hope that this season has put us right with monies owed (outside of player deals) and all that