Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Aleksandar Dragović at Dynamo Kiev, possibly? He's an absolute player by the way, Champions League quality. Arsenal were tracking him/are tracking him. I can't see that happening, but it shows the ambition is to replace our best players with equal.

The quoted price I think I saw was about £15m.

Van Der Wiel is a player I wondered about a few months back - Windows may correct me on this....but I don't think he's been a first choice player at PSG up until recently, and isn't that only down to injury to Serge Aurier? If he wants first team football, as a key player, then it may be on.

Van der Wiel is more of a regular than Aurier actually but Blanc often prefers Marquinos to both of them for CL games,

there's a lot of rotation at the back at PSG. I'd imagine that they'll be looking for another south american for their RB role, they were running after Danny Alves at one time.

Similar as we did in the summer I think. Tadic is quality, but has struggled with form/fitness in the 2nd half - but he was a quality replacement for Lallana, Mane in some respects added to this area as well. Toby, quality replacement for Lovren. Bertrand, quality replacement for Shaw.

So, if we accept that we're going to lose Morgan, Clyne and Toby (at least) this summer.....it won't look too bad if they're replaced with Clasie, Van Der Wiel and Dragovic.

Exactly. Exciting times.

Similar as we did in the summer I think. Tadic is quality, but has struggled with form/fitness in the 2nd half - but he was a quality replacement for Lallana, Mane in some respects added to this area as well. Toby, quality replacement for Lovren. Bertrand, quality replacement for Shaw.

So, if we accept that we're going to lose Morgan, Clyne and Toby (at least) this summer.....it won't look too bad if they're replaced with Clasie, Van Der Wiel and Dragovic.

Remember how disappointed people were with Bertrand? Granted I wasn't jumping for joy, but it was clear that we weren't just flogging everything off and looking for cheap replacements.

The intention was clearly to try and replace with quality. Granted not everything came off, but from the point we got Koeman it was clear this was the plan. Sure it will be the same this summer. Can understand us not being able keep everyone, as we long as we at least try to replace with quality, I'm more than happy.

The main problem we'll have is keeping hold of targets when the 'news' leaks out. Utd will be after a new back 4 and midfield, City a new team (bar Silva, Aguero and Kompany) and Arsenal the usual 10 lightweight fancy dans Wenger buys each year. Wet Sham will have a ton of money to throw around as well

So whoever gets linked to us, any agent is going to leak it, see if there's any bites and the whole thing takes months and is excruciating as a fan

Things i would wish for tho :

1. J-Rod comes back fit and fresh - basically a new signing if he stays

2. Janmaat and Krul from Newcastle - that club is a car crash under Ashley - rumours are all players basically want out

3. Bamford on loan

4. Austin or Ings (both unlikely imo)

5. Van Djik or Dragovic

6. Clasie

I also wonder if the club see Harry Reed as a successor to Morgan ..

The main problem we'll have is keeping hold of targets when the 'news' leaks out. Utd will be after a new back 4 and midfield, City a new team (bar Silva, Aguero and Kompany) and Arsenal the usual 10 lightweight fancy dans Wenger buys each year. Wet Sham will have a ton of money to throw around as well

So whoever gets linked to us, any agent is going to leak it, see if there's any bites and the whole thing takes months and is excruciating as a fan

Things i would wish for tho :

1. J-Rod comes back fit and fresh - basically a new signing if he stays

2. Janmaat and Krul from Newcastle - that club is a car crash under Ashley - rumours are all players basically want out

3. Bamford on loan

4. Austin or Ings (both unlikely imo)

5. Van Djik or Dragovic

6. Clasie

I also wonder if the club see Harry Reed as a successor to Morgan ..

Generally, I'm inclined to agree. That said though, if a decent offer for JRod came in, I have to admit I'd be tempted. It seems he isn't keen to commit his future, and there is no guarantee he will be as good as he was before (can go either way with injuries like his).

Also not sure how unlikely Austin would be, seems attainable I'd have thought. I think Ings would be unlikely, with rumoured interest from Spurs, 'Pool & United apparently sniffing around. Both would be good signings though.

Unsure on Reed, I like him, but he's no where near as expansive as Morgan. I think HR can go on to be a good player, but havn't seen anything to suggest he has the passing range of Morgan.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
correcting autocorrect, gdi.

Unsure on Reed, I like him, but he's no where near as expansive as Morgan. I think HR can go on to be a good player, but havn't seen anything to suggest he has the passing range of Morgan.

Clasie's passing is on a par with MS from what I've seen, possibly with more of an eye for a through-ball (he certainly bags more assists anyway).

Clasie's passing is on a par with MS from what I've seen, possibly with more of an eye for a through-ball (he certainly bags more assists anyway).

From what I've seen, Clasie is very Morgan-esque in the position he plays, and the style of his game. He's a bit smaller (ok, a lot smaller!) but he's a snappy little character with excellent technique. He's basically a like for like in Morgan's position.

From what I've seen, Clasie is very Morgan-esque in the position he plays, and the style of his game. He's a bit smaller (ok, a lot smaller!) but he's a snappy little character with excellent technique. He's basically a like for like in Morgan's position.

What is he like in the air? Morgan wins a lot of headed duels in the middle of the park. Size matters in our league. Clasie, Wanyama, and Davis aren't that tall. Reed either.

What is he like in the air? Morgan wins a lot of headed duels in the middle of the park. Size matters in our league. Clasie' date=' Wanyama, and Davis aren't that tall. Reed either.[/quote']

To be honest, it's hard to say as I've not seen him enough - we need our Feyenoord friends from the summer back here! But he's a small player, he's not tall - so I wouldn't expect him to be dominant in the middle of the park in that sense.

Wanyama is tall, he's 6ft + I'm sure. And he's a beast. He often wins the balls in the air in midfield.

What is he like in the air? Morgan wins a lot of headed duels in the middle of the park. Size matters in our league. Clasie' date=' Wanyama, and Davis aren't that tall. Reed either.[/quote'] I'd take a guess that Wanyama wins the same or more in the air than Schneiderlin.

What is he like in the air? Morgan wins a lot of headed duels in the middle of the park. Size matters in our league. Clasie' date=' [b']Wanyama[/b], and Davis aren't that tall. Reed either.

Wanyama is 6 foot 2 and is build like the proverbial brick **** house. He is good in the air.

Also although size can help, how you attack a header can make a huge difference. Shane Long for example is relatively small but he consistently wins headers against bigger men as he attacks the ball at pace and has a good leap on him.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Wanyama is hardly small (6 foot 2 and build like the proverbial brick **** house).

Also although size can help, how you attack a header can make a huge difference. Shane Long for example is relatively small but he consistently wins headers against bigger men as he attacks the ball at pace and has a good leap on him.

Spring loaded calves that lad. His leap is unreal.

Dragovic would be a great signing imo, don't think he's on quite the same level as Toby but he's not been tested playing in the Swiss and Ukrainian leagues so he could surprise people. From the little i've seen of him (mostly playing for Austria) he looks very solid and would be a good partner for Fonte.

Van der Wiel is an interesting one though, he's on big wages at PSG but as WC said he's not nailed down a starting place with Aurier and Marquinhos pushing him. Wouldn't be a bad replacement for Clyne..

He's had a good season to be fair and would still be a good addition. Lol @ Sunderland being spoken about as a potential destination though, they'd be lucky to get Jos.

"Southampton are continuing to hold contract talks with Nathaniel Clyne and Morgan Schneiderlin in the hope of keeping them this summer."

Interesting side-note at the bottom...

for the mentals who think we could get Benteke....(yeah, right)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32540530

Sounds like Les language to me

"I have no intention of selling Christian."

"If a player doesn't want to play for the club anymore and the club he wants to go to meet the valuation then I think it's always best to let them go. "

basically Villa gets any half decent offer and Benteke will be off.

Personally I think CL clubs would think Benteke is too inconsistent for the money being asked when they can spend that money elsewhere on a guaranteed source of goals.

Playing sh8t most of the season and scoring some goals near the end of the season does not a 30mil striker make (Costa was 32mil).

I think someone who is an improvement on Villa could secure him for 23-27mil as long they also realise that they will also be a stepping stone as a proving ground before his next step, very much like Clyne's career progression.

Personally I think CL clubs would think Benteke is too inconsistent for the money being asked when they can spend that money elsewhere on a guaranteed source of goals.

Playing sh8t most of the season and scoring some goals near the end of the season does not a 30mil striker make (Costa was 32mil).

I think someone who is an improvement on Villa could secure him for 23-27mil as long they also realise that they will also be a stepping stone as a proving ground before his next step, very much like Clyne's career progression.

Conor Wickham anyone?

To clarify, Benteke is obviously a better player. But just saying a purple patch doesn't make you a world beater. Has been very inconsistent for the last two seasons, even without the injury. Definitely talent in there, but I'm unsure if he's worth the risk at the price he'll command.

he is about 1 in 2... goals a game... 45 in 95 for villa in total.

much of that playing for an absolutely dire side

In case anyone missed this. NEW RULES for signing non-EU players come into force today.

We have had a number of problems over the years getting work permits.

The previous system meant non-EU players had to play 75 per cent of their country's competitive matches over the last two years - if the country was in the top 70 of the FIFA rankings.

As of today

Players from top countries only need to have played 30 per cent of international matches. But there is a sliding scale to make things more difficult for players from lower-ranked countries - they will need to have played a higher percentage of international games. And the threshold for automatically qualifying for a work permit has tightened - from the top 70 countries to the top 50.

It is estimated that 42 signings in the Premier League and the Football League over the last five years would not have met the new criteria - roughly 33 per cent.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9830536/fas-new-rules-on-work-permits-will-make-it-harder-for-non-eu-players-to-come-to-uk