Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Thank you for giving us these great insights, not just on this thread but on all of them. Your accuracy and acumen are not to be sniffed at.

No worries. Loads of stuff online so impossible for everyone to notice everything!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123114/Everton-set-complete-3million-signing-Barcelona-star-Gerard-Deulofeu.html

Good price IMO.

SOURCES: LIVERPOOL IN GOMEZ TALKS

Liverpool in talks to sign Joe Gomez from Charlton, according to Sky sources.

We understand Brendan Rodgers' side are yet to make an official approach, but there is strong interest in 18-year-old centre back.

Arsenal, Aston Villa and Man City Spurs have also been watching Gomez, who Charlton value up to £7 million.

SOURCES: LIVERPOOL IN GOMEZ TALKS

Liverpool in talks to sign Joe Gomez from Charlton, according to Sky sources.

We understand Brendan Rodgers' side are yet to make an official approach, but there is strong interest in 18-year-old centre back.

Arsenal, Aston Villa and Man City Spurs have also been watching Gomez, who Charlton value up to £7 million.

WOW ! ....an 18 year old CB ....from Charlton......he surely has to be better than Lovren......don't you think ?:lol:.

Based on current performances and his injury record, Liverpool should be selling at that price!

But they are so far up their own arse that they cannot understand why anybody would leave Anfield for anywhere else ! Especially a richer and nearby rival !

I'm afraid they still dine out on glories past...

Not sure this helps us at all:

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 1m1 minute ago

2/2 #afc still keen but #saintsfc will hold out for fee of up to £25m so this one is likely to rumble on throughout the transfer window

0 retweets 0 favorites

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 2m2 minutes ago

Morgan Schneiderlin update is he wants to join #mufc but that is likelikely to depend on outcome of United's Schweinsteiger pursuit 1/2

Edited by Give it to Ron

''Their'' dream was Tevez and Osvaldo up front together, but they only want Osvaldo if he's free, basically.

I.e we'll take him and give you one of our players, or give him to us again on a free loan.

Hopefully the Turkish interest in him materializes, but as the months go on the chance of any club being tempted to get him is reducing by the minute. He's as close to a dead loss as you'll ever find.

Bit of an ''ok'' signing. Nothing special, in my opinion anyway.

I remember back in 2006..? we played City away in a cup game, and it was being billed as Bale v Richards, 2 of the hottest properties in English football. He never really kicked on. If anything, the takeover at City totally derailed his career - and the injuries didn't help.

Villa are reported to be paying him £65,000 p/w, matching his Man City wages. He also apparently turned down £90,000 p/w from Sunderland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-agree-micah-richards-5866880

Plus as a free agent he'd be asking for a huge signing/agent fee.

I don't see what he's ever done to ask for those sort of wages, to be honest. I'd be incredibly underwhelmed if we'd have gone for him in those circumstances.

Not surprised by Sunderland though, seeing what they spent on Defoe over the next 4 years. (Dumb...)

CHERRIES TARGET CAULKER

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has targeted QPR defender Steven Caulker, report the Mirror.

Howe believes Caulker, 23, could bolster his squad as they prepare for their first ever Premier League campaign.

Caulker was part of QPR's squad as they were relegated from the Premier League last season.

Saw a report the other day that Yedlin might go to Norwich on loan for the season.

I saw that report too. However, under the new rules I don't see how he can get a work permit to play for Norwich unless their is a special exception for persons already in the country with a work permit for another club.

Koeman said he tried to bring Depay to Southampton following his arrival at the Premier League club last summer, but he questioned the reported £25 million fee United paid to take the 21-year-old from PSV Eindhoven to Old Trafford.

Nonetheless, Koeman did try to sign Depay last year and indicated that he would have been keen to sign him this summer had United not made their move.

"My brother Erwin has the same agent, so we tried to bring him to Southampton, but he wanted to stay for one more year at PSV," he said.

"When United went in for him, we knew at Saints that we had no chance. When they come, we have no chance."

"I see another lack of quality with the Dutch kids that I have also noticed with other young stars in the Premier League," Koeman added. "They don't communicate. They behave like individuals. Stuck to their smartphones."

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2499909/manchester-united-paid-a-lot-for-memphis-depay-koeman

Sounds like we did try for Depay but were simply financially outmuscled by United. RK sounds like he hasn't really resolved his bad blood with LVG

Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy

Sources: Sylvain Distin has agreed in principal to join Bournemouth. The former Everton & Man City player is a free agent @SkySportsNewsHQ

Hmm, not sure if he's worth the gamble. He proved with Everton last year that he is so slow these days, very error prone.

Hmm, not sure if he's worth the gamble. He proved with Everton last year that he is so slow these days, very error prone.

they will say loads of guff that he will bring 'know how' and 'premier league experience'

another note...

Cech signs for arsenal - £11m apparently. Done deal

quality signing of the highest degree.

That's a crazily good deal for them. Always thought Wenger had the blinkers on when it came to goal keepers & defensive midfielders, but I think he's actually finally seen the light.

they will say loads of guff that he will bring 'know how' and 'premier league experience'

another note...

The sort of signing they have neded for years. Top draw. He will make a huge difference for them.

Now....I wonder if this opens the door for Schezney, as there was talk of a loan deal, and he did make it clear last year that he didn't want to be backup. Well....he may even be 3rd choice now.

Cech, Ospina, Martinez, Schezney

The sort of signing they have neded for years. Top draw. He will make a huge difference for them.

Now....I wonder if this opens the door for Schezney, as there was talk of a loan deal, and he did make it clear last year that he didn't want to be backup. Well....he may even be 3rd choice now.

Cech, Ospina, Martinez, Schezney

I saw in the media recently that Ospina would make way, leaving Szczesny to fight Cech for the Jersey.

another note...

Really surprised Chelsea let him go to Arsenal, could make them real contenders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33226168

Distin looks likely to be signing for Bournemouth.

This is a QPR signs Rio Ferdinand type of decision except Distin was never as good as Ferdinand. Unless he is very very cheap, this will use up a bunch of their money that they need to spend elsewhere. Unless, of course, Distin surprises us all and remains healthy and turns out to have another good year in him--something that is unlikely at his age.

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2499909/manchester-united-paid-a-lot-for-memphis-depay-koeman

Sounds like we did try for Depay but were simply financially outmuscled by United. RK sounds like he hasn't really resolved his bad blood with LVG

Hope not ......I think it's fun. Ronald is a lot smarter than LVG, and must enjoy the opportunity to get a dig at him......

I posted a version of this earlier... Fair play if they can do this deal, but the class of the player doesn't really compute with the club!

SUNDERLAND WANT WIJNALDUM

Sunderland are read to smash their transfer record for £15million target Georginio Wijnaldum, report the Mirror.

PSV midfielder Wijnaldum is also on Newcastle's radar, but the paper report that **** Advocaat is using his Dutch connections to win the race.

I posted a version of this earlier... Fair play if they can do this deal, but the class of the player doesn't really compute with the club!

SUNDERLAND WANT WIJNALDUM

Sunderland are read to smash their transfer record for £15million target Georginio Wijnaldum, report the Mirror.

PSV midfielder Wijnaldum is also on Newcastle's radar, but the paper report that **** Advocaat is using his Dutch connections to win the race.

Ha ha! I like the idea someone's name has to be blanked out because it can also be a swear word. If Toby doesn't sign, I hope we go for Danny ****tu.