Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

So...potentially Ramos to Man Utd, they've bid £28m for him (although that prob won't be enough). Ramos has apparently told Madrid he wants to leave, and that he's committed to doing so this summer. So...even Real Madrid have situations where their top players want to run!

They seem to be trying the Galactico model, don't they? Ramos this year, Di Maria last year, Falcao (ok, he flopped).

So...potentially Ramos to Man Utd, they've bid £28m for him (although that prob won't be enough). Ramos has apparently told Madrid he wants to leave, and that he's committed to doing so this summer. So...even Real Madrid have situations where their top players want to run!

They seem to be trying the Galactico model, don't they? Ramos this year, Di Maria last year, Falcao (ok, he flopped).

I know exchanges rarely seem to happen, but after I read United apparently want £30m for De Gea, you'd have thought they'd just swap them wouldn't you?

From L'Equipe this morning.

Si plusieurs clubs anglais ont manifesté leur intérêt pour le Lillois Idrissa Gueye, l'OM cherche aussi à attirer le joueur de 25 ans. Comme indiqué dans nos colonnes, Vincent Labrune, le président du club phocéen, a proposé 9 M€, bonus inclus, pour le recruter.

Des discussions ont eu lieu lundi après-midi entre les deux clubs alors que l'international sénégalais, lui, est séduit par le projet marseillais. Marcelo Bielsa, pour sa part, a donné son accord pour la venue du milieu.

Basically this says that the OM are interested in Gueye, Marseille and Lille have had discussions, 9 million € all in including add ons and the player is interested in the OM "project".

9 million€ isn't a lot of money really, surely we've bid more than that.

On Sky Sports

Southampton have been dealt a blow in their chase for Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye after he agreed to join Marseille last night in a £7.5m deal (Daily Mail)

Not even 7 including adds on if you believe L'Equipe...guess we didn't want him after all. If we did it would have be signed and sealed long ago if 7 million was all it took.

A few things I noticed from the Koeman video yesterday:

1. He references Juanmi as an attacking midfielder / number 10

2. He says we need more players in that position (Praet seems to play there)

What would this mean for James Ward-Prowse who has played a lot in that position for us under Koeman?

A few things I noticed from the Koeman video yesterday:

1. He references Juanmi as an attacking midfielder / number 10

2. He says we need more players in that position (Praet seems to play there)

What would this mean for James Ward-Prowse who has played a lot in that position for us under Koeman?

I never bought the idea that Juanmi was a striker for us, he was always going to be used at best - as floating AMC type.

I remember reading that Koeman mentioned that he likes the way JWP can create attacking possibilities, so I think it's fair to assume that he primarily see's JWP as 1 of the 3 behind the striker.

Given that we had both Djuricic and Elia last season, I think we'll be after another as well. Unless Gaston decides to adapt to English football.

JWP isn't a no10 type player IMO and never will be. He is a deep lying playmaker who can spread the play.

Unfortunately for him, his physical attributes will hold him back as in men's football you would need to pair him with another defensive midfield player who can add a presence i.e a Wanyama type.

We have given him games further forward, but as an opponent you would not worry about him playing just behind the striker because he doesn't score goals, cannot beat a man and doesn't run in behind the striker. Whilst Davis doesnt do many of these things either, he does have a little more flair to his game, but easy to see why we have identified this position as a weakness.

If JWP is to be played behind the striker he is best out on the right where he can use his excellent crossing, but then those same weaknesses also apply and we have better players in the wide areas than him anyway.

I really don't see him as a starting player unfortunately.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Di Marzio reporting West Ham could be busy. Impressive if true.

West Ham joins Monaco in the race for Mattia Destro

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/west-ham-joins-monaco-in-the-race-for-mattia-destro/

West Ham negotiating with Dinamo Kiev for Dragovic: (Ogbonna no longer an option)

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/news-en/west-ham-negotiating-with-dinamo-kiev-for-dragovic-ogbonna-no-longer-an-option/

Di Marzio reporting West Ham could be busy. Impressive if true.

West Ham joins Monaco in the race for Mattia Destro

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/west-ham-joins-monaco-in-the-race-for-mattia-destro/

West Ham negotiating with Dinamo Kiev for Dragovic: (Ogbonna no longer an option)

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/news-en/west-ham-negotiating-with-dinamo-kiev-for-dragovic-ogbonna-no-longer-an-option/

It could work, or they could fall flat on the arses chasing targets they can never get.

The latter being the funniest option.

What would worry me slightly if I was a WHU fan, is that there seems to be no real strategy behind their transfers. ''We need a better cb, a better striker, a better full back, a better midfielder''. ''Let's ship out Noble, Tomkins, Downing''.

If they do get all these ''big names'' and get rid of their dependables, then I don't think it's going to be pretty. They're obviously thinking they will join the elite in this league because of their mega stadium, which they haven't paid for, but it doesn't really work like that.

You'd have thought the most sensible option would have been to gamble once they have next years TV deal and PL football at the new place guaranteed, to do it before then is a bit silly and smacks of a bit of impatience. It's probably exciting for WHU fans, but clubs that spend like they may do never end up having an amazing season.

The names we have been linked too,the same scenario could be applied to us perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, no. Because we seemingly have a plan, we knew what positions we're replacing (if we do have to) and we have the same manager.

So no, not the same scenario what so ever.

Not at all. You need a quality keeper for cover. If your first choice at the time gets injured you need an equally good keeper to step in. If we signed an average keeper as second choice you would moan at that!

Chelsea are just lucky they can attract quality keepers that may not play every week. I wish we could. How can you say he lacks ambition leaving Stoke for Chelsea!!

Gazza is not a second choice keeper in my opinion. He's a championship keeper at best.

Besides I'm sure begovic is happy to take his 100k a week to have a rest and prolong his career and also pick up a premier league medal and maybe champions league and other competitions such as fa cup etc. let's be honest he won't win nothing with Stoke .

We should be looking at 8 million plus keepers who are class to compete with Frazier. I know we have a loan now which is great but soon as Frazier is fit he will be out in the cold like artur was. What premier league club would sign gazza??? And how much? 1.5 million? Kelvin also I guess won't figure for obvious reasons. I would loan gazza to Stockport and look to buy in another decent keeper to be fair. That could make the difference in our season imo

.....and isn't he a prime example of clubs who buy a player, and take him away from those who helped make him successful and try to play them in another formation .

STOKE AGREE SHAQIRI FEE

According to Sky Italia sources, Stoke have agreed a £12million fee with Inter Milan for Xherdran Shaqiri.

It is now up to the player where his future lies, having spent just six months at the club. He signed on a four-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee during the January transfer window

STOKE AGREE SHAQIRI FEE

According to Sky Italia sources, Stoke have agreed a £12million fee with Inter Milan for Xherdran Shaqiri.

It is now up to the player where his future lies, having spent just six months at the club. He signed on a four-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee during the January transfer window

Fair play to Stoke, would be a great signing.

Fair play to Stoke, would be a great signing.

Whether they can get them is another thing - But I've been impressed with their targets at least this summer. (Including Cedric :))

Whisper it quietly, but I'd be pretty jealous if they landed Shaqiri - Always liked watching him play.

Whether they can get them is another thing - But I've been impressed with their targets at least this summer. (Including Cedric :))

Whisper it quietly, but I'd be pretty jealous if they landed Shaqiri - Always liked watching him play.

They've certainly been linked with some very good players, the Polish lad we were after and also Konoplyanka (sp)

I guess we'll have to see if they actually pull any of these off, but give them their due, they are seemingly giving it a good go!

SWANSEA SIGN EDER

Swansea have completed the singing of Braga striker Eder, the club have confirmed.

He has agreed a three-year deal with the Premier League club, and will enhance the Swans' attacking firepower alongside the likes of Bafetimbi Gomis and recent signing Andre Ayew.

STOKE AGREE SHAQIRI FEE

Heard he'd rather stay where he is

On Sky Sports

Southampton have been dealt a blow in their chase for Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye after he agreed to join Marseille last night in a £7.5m deal (Daily Mail)

The Guardian, in a slightly sarcastic comment, says he's off to Villa...

"Something of a coup for Villa, that, especially as Saints were able to offer Gueye a guaranteed starting place at Anfield for the 2016-17 season".

SUNDERLAND IN FOR DUO

Sunderland are in talks to sign Zenit centre back Nicolas Lombaerts and Dutch forward Jeremie Lens of Dynamo Kiev, according to Sky sources.

Lombaerts, 30, would cost the Black Cats around £5million, while Dutch international Lens would set them back around £8.5million.

Gueye having a medical at Villa. 4 year deal agreed.

^ More on what Charlie said above.

VILLA CLOSE IN ON GUEYE

Midfielder Idrissa Gueye has agreed personal terms on a four-year deal at Aston Villa and will undergo a medical on Friday morning, according to Sky sources.

Sky sources reported on Thursday that Villa had agreed a £9million deal with Lille to sign the Senagalese and that he was on his way to Birmingham to finalise his transfer.

The 25-year-old has played more than 130 games for the French Ligue 1 side and was Lille's standout performer last term as the club finished 8th.

If the deal is completed, Villa will have paid their highest transfer in four years since the signing of Charles N'Zogbia from Wigan in 2011.