Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

He was too expensive. £1m was quoted, I believe.

IIRC his contract was up at the end of the season he was with us so the rumour was we would chuck Reading a couple of hundred grand not to extend it and to let us enter into talks with him before his deal was up - they rejected that, he signed a new deal and they held the balance of power hence the large asking price which we refused to pay.

shweinsteiger send an open letter to Bayern fan thanking them for their support etc

awesome signing for united

They're going all 'galactico'' on us.

Was surprised to learn that Bastian (I'm not attempting his 2nd name..) only made 15 starts last seaosn.

Just thinking that City really should of gone for Toby, Him and Kompany>Him and Vertonghan. He was probably too cheap for them though :rolleyes:

49m for Sterling! Just gets more and more obscene. Very happy to hear that QPR will get about 10m of that though.

Shows how desperate city are for home grown players

Amazed they are not after Morgan. He is miles better than fernando and Fernandinho. He counts as home grown too, right?

Spot on Bats. I reckon City have paid £20m just to tick the home-grown box.

Shows how desperate city are for home grown players

Amazed they are not after Morgan. He is miles better than fernando and Fernandinho. He counts as home grown too, right?

yes. At least until the rule changes proposed by the FA go through.

Big Jos have found a new club after being released by Saints. He today signed a 2 1/2 year contract with AIK Stockholm - the club he left 2009 for Celtic - then Saints.

AIK's fans are really exited about Jos coming "home" and to be honest Swedish league is probably where's his standard is and he will not let anyone down that's for sure.

..that'll please a lot of AIK-ers. Some of my Swedish collegues remembered him at AIK , around the time he was playing so well for us in the Championship..........

LENS IN SUNDERLAND TALKS

Dynamo Kiev midfielder Jeremain Lens has confirmed he is in talks with Sunderland over a prospective move.

As reports emerged on Monday that he was due on Wearside for a medical, the 27-year-old Dutchman insisted that was not the case, but revealed discussions are under way.

He told http://www.foxsports.nl: "I'm not having a medical examination, but I am in talks with Sunderland.

"I have never made a secret of the fact that I like the Premier League. Despite Dynamo playing in the Champions League, now it seems like a great opportunity to make the switch."

Blimey, Lens is a blast from the past. When were we linked with him? was it our first pre-season back in the PL...or the January window after adkins was sacked? Not a bad signing for Sunderland if the pull it off.

They might as well rename this league the dutch league, given how many dutch players/managers are part of it!

Blimey, Lens is a blast from the past. When were we linked with him? was it our first pre-season back in the PL...or the January window after adkins was sacked? Not a bad signing for Sunderland if the pull it off.

They might as well rename this league the dutch league, given how many dutch players/managers are part of it!

Couple of times I think. There's a link here from July 2012.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176194/Jeremain-Lens-Southampton-target.html

I'm fairly sure I can remember Koeman admitting we went for him last summer too - (Found the link below)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9451348/transfer-news-toby-alderweireld-set-for-southampton-medical

Ranieri appointed the new Leicester boss, here's Saggy's take on the matter:

"@Redknapp: Ranieri is a nice guy, but he's done well to get the Leicester job. After what happened with Greece, am surprised he can walk back into PL"

Think it's a bit harsh to blame him for what's happening in Greece, but Arry's always been in the know on the economic side of things...

Edited by JxgrSaint

Liverpool copying saints again, ala Lallana leaving article

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1744[/ATTACH]

To be fair, that's nicer. Ours was as cold as ice!

Southampton Football Club can confirm that Adam Lallana has completed his transfer to Liverpool.

The fee received from Liverpool, although undisclosed, will allow the club to further develop the first-team squad for the 2014/2015 season.

I know Liverpool have to give a hefty chunk to QPR, but I see they're still trying to **** on Villa by not paying what Villa want for Benteke.

One rule for them...

To be honest, Bentekkers is not worth £32M of anyone's money. Neither is Sterling worth £49M but he has the home grown shiz on his side.

I know Liverpool have to give a hefty chunk to QPR, but I see they're still trying to **** on Villa by not paying what Villa want for Benteke.

One rule for them...

It'll be interesting to see how much Liverpool spend this summer - They've basically pocketed £40 from the Sterling deal (after subtracting the QPR clause).

They've already spent a smidge over £50m already themselves.

They'll obviously make some more money with sales of various squad players too.

To be honest, Bentekkers is not worth £32M of anyone's money. Neither is Sterling worth £49M but he has the home grown shiz on his side.

totally agree. He is good but no where near as good to be priced in the same bracket as Diego Costa, Alexis Sanchez and Sergio Aguero....ffs

West Ham are preparing a big for Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, according to various reports.

The Daily Mail claims the Hammers have been interested since last summer and are now ready to make an £8m move for the Mexico international.

However, Slaven Bilic was not to be drawn on the link with Hernandez during his press conference before his side’s Europa League clash with Birkirkara FC.

He said: “I will not discuss the players who are not here. We are trying to be active in the transfer window and the Board have been active. We are still trying to improve our squad. Don't forget the team did well last year, and we've brought in the players to make it better."

WBA BID FOR ANTONIO

Sky Sources understand West Brom have made a £5m offer for Nottingham Forest winger Michail Antonio.

Tony Pulis has stepped up negotiations with the winger after a deal with Queens Park Rangers over Matt Phillips continues to stall.