Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

So Liverpool now have the following centre forwards...

Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Balotelli, Origi, Borini and Lambert.

They also have a fair few foreign players

Mignolet, Bogdan, Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Ilori, Touré, Moreno, Enrique, Can, Lucas, Coutinho, Firmino, Teixeira, Markovic, Benteke, Balotelli, Origi, Borini. I make that 19. So they basically need to sell or drop two from their PL squad.

Borini and Balotelli are probably the ones, and if they sign anyone else, they'll need to shift some more or keep and not include them in the PL squad.

I think palace could be very decent this season, as could newcastle.

palace could build on what they achieved last season and start challenging for top 8 kind of positions.

Newcastle are always an odd one, but they seem to have bought quite highly sought after players - and manager - so could go either way. Wouldn't surprise me if they did ok, though

Been most impressed with Pardew's dealings at Palace, I reckon they could have a really good season. They've strengthened their spine brilliantly with Cabaye, Bamford and (soon) McCarthy, and are after Williams from Swansea which would be an interesting one. Not to mention getting Dann to sign a new contract and the fact they still have Bolasie and Zaha.

Been most impressed with Pardew's dealings at Palace, I reckon they could have a really good season. They've strengthened their spine brilliantly with Cabaye, Bamford and (soon) McCarthy, and are after Williams from Swansea which would be an interesting one. Not to mention getting Dann to sign a new contract and the fact they still have Bolasie and Zaha.

Mid-table league finish and a cup final and he's England manager this time next year.

Mid-table league finish and a cup final and he's England manager this time next year.

No chance. The FA is an extended arm of the civil service. Conservative to the bone. No doubt, they're waiting for an earnestly unremarkable u-21 manager not to f**k up, if they continue to 'go English'.

I think palace could be very decent this season, as could newcastle.

palace could build on what they achieved last season and start challenging for top 8 kind of positions.

Newcastle are always an odd one, but they seem to have bought quite highly sought after players - and manager - so could go either way. Wouldn't surprise me if they did ok, though

Is he that highly sought after? Has failed in the Championship twice with Derby and Forest, god awful as England manager, did alright with boro in the PL (years ago) only place he was successful was twente ( the first time anyway. This years collapse at Derby late season was pretty ****.

Is he that highly sought after? Has failed in the Championship twice with Derby and Forest, god awful as England manager, did alright with boro in the PL (years ago) only place he was successful was twente ( the first time anyway. This years collapse at Derby late season was pretty ****.

Yeah, fair enough. I suppose I just remembered feeling overloaded with steve mclaren fanboys for a lot of last season whenever I turned on the radio or watched match of the day, so maybe that's all I remember from his time with derby. But you're right, his history isn't that glorious

Haven't been paying much attention to Villa but they are deep in the brown stuff "Since the end of last season, Aston Villa have lost their captain (Fabian Delph), their top league goalscorer (Christian Benteke) and two of their next three top league goalscorers (Tom Cleverley, Andreas Weimann)"

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9921036/A-Summer-Of-Backward-Steps-At-Aston-Villa

He's on our list!

Haven't been paying much attention to Villa but they are deep in the brown stuff "Since the end of last season, Aston Villa have lost their captain (Fabian Delph), their top league goalscorer (Christian Benteke) and two of their next three top league goalscorers (Tom Cleverley, Andreas Weimann)"

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9921036/A-Summer-Of-Backward-Steps-At-Aston-Villa

Didn't we go through that last season? Not saying I expect Villa to rise, but you never know until the season kicks off...

Didn't we go through that last season? Not saying I expect Villa to rise, but you never know until the season kicks off...

Difference is last summer the rest of our squad had just finished 8th, Villa's have just finished 17th only 3 points off relegation.

Our squad had far more quality to it even without Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Shaw and Chambers than the current Villa squad.

I'm sure Saints would have stayed up with spending much last summer. I mean come on, we'd have had Fonte, Yoshida, Bertrand, Clyne, Morgan, Wanyama, Davis. Maybe not brilliant but plenty of quality relegation fighting teams don't have.

But to lose your 2 or 3 best players from a really, really bad team?! That doesn't happen often. How many league goals did they score without Benteke exactly?

Spurs, West Ham and Aston Villa have all made enquiries for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie.

And Sky Sources are telling us the Eagles are expecting a bid from at least two of those clubs.

Bolasie was particularly impressive in the second half of last season under boss Alan Pardew, even scoring a hat-trick at Sunderland.

Good player but will be overpriced and we have Juanmi, Mane and Rodriguez who can all run at people. Doesn't seem what we need. Surely CB and CM are the only areas we're looking at?

Think that's what Guan suggested too but no idea who the targets are now. Suarez seemed just rumour and Van Dijk is just hope rather than actual links.

Merely posted the Bolasie link out of interest. Last I remember - Palace put a £30m tag on his head (!)

I think our interest in Virgil is genuine. (K.Billy pretty much indicated that's true).

Merely posted the Bolasie link out of interest. Last I remember - Palace put a £30m tag on his head (!)

I think our interest in Virgil is genuine. (K.Billy pretty much indicated that's true).

Yeah based on Celtic's results a la Forster. I'm sure we got Forster when they had progressed to the next round like they just have done. Maybe we'll step it up when the team gets back from their Dutch trip.

Yeah based on Celtic's results a la Forster. I'm sure we got Forster when they had progressed to the next round like they just have done. Maybe we'll step it up when the team gets back from their Dutch trip.

30th July 2014 - Celtic lose away 4-1 to Legia Warsaw

6th August 2014 - Celtic lose 2-0 at home to Legia Warsaw and looks like they are out of the Champions League

8th August 2014 - Fraser Forster joins Saints

Celtic are reinstated to the Champions League due to Legia Warsaw fielding an ineligible player.

Spurs, West Ham and Aston Villa have all made enquiries for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie.

And Sky Sources are telling us the Eagles are expecting a bid from at least two of those clubs.

Bolasie was particularly impressive in the second half of last season under boss Alan Pardew, even scoring a hat-trick at Sunderland.

Bolasie isn't going anywhere for less than £20m - probably worth a £10er that he ends up at liverpool next season when they realise they need someone to cross the ball to Benteke.

Can someone explain the price of de bruyne? He did nothing at Chelsea and has been quite good since, but 40-50 million quid?

scored quite a few and set up a lot over the last two seasons, but I'm with you. I watched the Napoli Europa league tie and he was very average. Maybe he had an off day, but although he clearly has ability he didn't step up in that game at all. Man City don't have the best of records for picking the right players to sign in recent years. They are still living off the earlier signings.

Alan Nixon speculating Wolves are after Sam Gallagher on loan. Might explain his absence from the Holland trip.

I'd rather keep him- we don't have a like for like replacement with Pelle, and Gallagher can provide us that.

Bolasie isn't going anywhere for less than £20m - probably worth a £10er that he ends up at liverpool next season when they realise they need someone to cross the ball to Benteke.

I like him a lot.

He is a massive handful for opponents. He caused us loads of problems last season and when they moved him to a central position he was even harder to handle. £20m is a lot of wedge, and he's a tad raw, but he is the right age, already has prem experience and seems to be getting better every year. Some of his tricks are tremendous and he has so much power and pace he becomes unstpopable at times.

We won't go in for him, and I doubt he sees a reason to leave Palace for us, but if I was manager I'd be pressing to sign him. Slightly surpised the really big clubs are not sniffing round.

30th July 2014 - Celtic lose away 4-1 to Legia Warsaw

6th August 2014 - Celtic lose 2-0 at home to Legia Warsaw and looks like they are out of the Champions League

8th August 2014 - Fraser Forster joins Saints

Celtic are reinstated to the Champions League due to Legia Warsaw fielding an ineligible player.

Oh yeah, cheers. I forgot about how Jammy they got. So they sold him thinking they weren't in the Champs League any more, maybe we won't be getting VvD any time soon. I expect the club have a few options open though.

scored quite a few and set up a lot over the last two seasons, but I'm with you. I watched the Napoli Europa league tie and he was very average. Maybe he had an off day, but although he clearly has ability he didn't step up in that game at all. Man City don't have the best of records for picking the right players to sign in recent years. They are still living off the earlier signings.

He didn't look that influential in the World Cup either, mostly wafting about on the periphery of games, though he did pop up with a goal and an assist or two. Perhaps he's one of those deceptively effective players?

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball

Abou Diaby reported to have opened talks with West Brom over free transfer to the Hawthorns

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/11758644/Abou-Diaby-in-talks-with-West-Brom-over-free-transfer.html

West Brom have very quietly been having an absolutely diabolical (see what I did there) transfer window...

So Arsene has a transfer kitty of £200 million. He's been linked with Benzema and Lewandowski, both would be cracking signings if they get them. Does anyone think they might renew their interest in Big Vic?

So Arsene has a transfer kitty of £200 million. He's been linked with Benzema and Lewandowski, both would be cracking signings if they get them. Does anyone think they might renew their interest in Big Vic?

No, I think they feel they are well stocked in midfield or they would have pursued Schneiderlin more vigorously. I agree that both Benzema and Lewandowski would do very well in the Premier League. The top of the league should be a lot more interesting this coming year any way.

The fact that 1 of the top PL clubs seems to have an enormous budget every year shows just how twisted the PL is compared to the rest of us!

If he has another cracking season this time then yes I'd imagine so, although again it'd be for very good money.

It wouldn't be a summer transfer window without an Arsenal director saying how much money they have in the bank.

Man City agree a contract with Pep Guardiola.....for the 16/17 season.

Nice way of totally undermining the current management just before the season starts...

Clearly that's all going to work out just fine for both clubs over the next twelve months.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/593811/Exclusive-Saido-Berahino-set-to-complete-15m-move-to-Spurs

Who is the worst at rumours: Metro, Standard, Mail, Express, Mirror, Sun or Star?

They have been after him for a while, or a similar type of pacy striker. He's a good player, nothing more, nothing less.

But the honeymoon is over for MP. He was given a bit of slack last season, but I imagine expectations will be very big next year. Outside of the top 4 = total failure.

they are probably bang on. Like they were about toby

Yes, you're probably right on this one and asking who was worst at rumours was possibly ill placed but more to do with clubs playing things out in the press. JRod seemed to be the one they were keen on, and this is their nº2

They have been after him for a while, or a similar type of pacy striker. He's a good player, nothing more, nothing less.

But the honeymoon is over for MP. He was given a bit of slack last season, but I imagine expectations will be very big next year. Outside of the top 4 = total failure.

Could be as brutal as slow start to season, bimbling around ninth = sacked before Christmas. Levy's got plenty of form.