Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

WEST BROM ARE NOT PUSSY FOOTING AROUND. WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THEM? WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THEM?

In fairness, some of the clubs who finished below us have made some signings most on here would be happy with: Lanzini, Obiang, Ogbonna, Payet, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Rondon, van Ginkel, Afellay (possibly), Gueye, J.Ayew, A.Ayew, Cabaye, Deulofeu, Lens, Amavi, M'Vila, Shaqiri (shortly).

They've all either been linked with us before or are good on FIFA/FM so would therefore be "exciting" signings

Edited by JxgrSaint

A lot of teams spending bigger with all the money that flows about in the PL. Probably over half of teams have spent over £10m on one player which is a change from a couple of years back.

Isn't that because everyone else in Europe wants to fleece cash rich PL clubs for every penny they can?

In fairness, some of the clubs who finished below us have made some signings most on here would be happy with: Lanzini, Obiang, Ogbonna, Payet, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Rondon, van Ginkel, Afellay (possibly), Gueye, J.Ayew, A.Ayew, Cabaye, Deulofeu, Lens, Amavi, M'Vila, Shaqiri (shortly).

They've all either been linked with us before or are good on FIFA/FM so would therefore be "exciting" signings

90% of those players are attacking players, which is an area we're pretty much stocked up on anyway. So we didn't need those players. I'm sure most of those sides would love one from Mane, Tadic, Pelle, Rodriguez, Juanmi, Long

90% of those players are attacking players, which is an area we're pretty much stocked up on anyway. So we didn't need those players. I'm sure most of those sides would love one from Mane, Tadic, Pelle, Rodriguez, Juanmi, Long

Oh yeah... Where on earth do we fit this boy in? He was class pre season.

Have to say Stoke's seeming acquisition of Shaqiri could either turn out to be an Osvaldo like mess(if he really doesn't want to be there) or a huge success(if he's willing). The player is of such quality at such a young age, i find it bemusing other clubs of higher stature aren't in for him.

Think you've touched on the reason, its about whether he is going to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room, Hughes was not sure that he will integrate with the Stoke ethic, but looks like he is going to take the risk now.

Our 6 signings are not? 'seemingly' the get out of jail card.....

I'm just not yet convinced that we have an improved first team compared to last year and I reckon some other teams have. If we do get two or three more then it will be interesting to see who they are but as it stands, I don't think that our strongest 11 is better than last seasons.

Edited by hypochondriac

I'm just not yet convinced that we have an improved first team compared to last year and I reckon some other teams have. If we do get two or three more then it will be interesting to see who they are but as it stands, I don't think that our strongest 11 is better than last seasons.

Agree, it's not even close; but obviously there's still time.

Agree. Whilst we may well improve depending on signings, the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Swansea already have improved their starting XI and quite possibly Stoke will too.

Important couple of weeks.

very much agree

our 3 main challengers from last season, Stoke, Palace and Swansea have all improved their starting 11.

very much agree

our 3 main challengers from last season, Stoke, Palace and Swansea have all improved their starting 11.

Rory Smith at the Times tweeted this during the Swansea match:

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes

Swansea have perfected the art of having players who are really good, but not quite trendy enough for anyone to come and sign.

Very true, and that's a pretty handy skill that we have perfected yet.

Every year we 'pussy foot' around in the transfer market. We have been lucky and got away with it, but I fear this year we will be sweating on finishing above the bottom three.

Who Norwich? Nice allegiance to the city you live in ......Delia will be chasing you "Where are ya Dalek?"

Every year we 'pussy foot' around in the transfer market. We have been lucky and got away with it, but I fear this year we will be sweating on finishing above the bottom three.

And it's asinine crap like this which means that any sort of criticism or concern about the state of the squad is dismissed.

We have improved our attacking squad and defensive squad but not the first 11 yet agreed. 2 players still but we ALL know that.

I'm not convinced that Soares is an upgrade on Clyne TBH and Clasie is going to have to play out of his skin to get close to the likes of Morgan. It will be interesting to see what level of midfielder we go for once we hopefully have Van Dyke in the bag. I really think we need some height and experience in there to complement Vic and to replace him once he gets injured or suspended.

We've got some clowns on here.

Morgan is one of the best players in the league in his position, how's do we " upgrade" from a champions league international? If there was an " upgrade " available wouldn't Man Utd have signed him instead of Morgan . Same with NC , best English RB . Do people think its easy to " upgrade" FFS. Its easy if you're Stoke,Palace, WBA , as you've got some ****e to upgrade . We've sold or not resigned genuine class , international players, used to the premier league. It'll be a fantastic achievement to stand still this season.

We've got some clowns on here.

Morgan is one of the best players in the league in his position, how's do we " upgrade" from a champions league international? If there was an " upgrade " available wouldn't Man Utd have signed him instead of Morgan . Same with NC , best English RB . Do people think its easy to " upgrade" FFS. Its easy if you're Stoke,Palace, WBA , as you've got some ****e to upgrade . We've sold or not resigned genuine class , international players, used to the premier league. It'll be a fantastic achievement to stand still this season.

Who has suggested we should have got an upgrade on Morgan or Clyne? That would be virtually impossible I would have thought.

There's only been one transfer so far this window that I'm sorry we missed out on, and that's Alderweireld to Spurs.

Who has suggested we should have got an upgrade on Morgan or Clyne? That would be virtually impossible I would have thought.

I was going to argue this but I can't. Look how happy ManU fans are with Morgan, he is a class class player and Clyne was in the top 3 rbs last year. Downgrades all round I'm afraid until we coach another good player.

I was going to argue this but I can't. Look how happy ManU fans are with Morgan, he is a class class player and Clyne was in the top 3 rbs last year. Downgrades all round I'm afraid until we coach another good player.

I will get slaughtered for saying this, but as long as we stay up I don't think the board care too much about anything else.

That is something which remains to be seen, much as Bertrand was seen initially by some as being not up to the standard of Shaw.

It'll be a fantastic achievement to stand still this season.

Just as it was last season, when the loss of players was arguably worse than it has been this Summer.

But I actually believe that we will improve again, so put me amongst the clowns for believing that a possibility. The MOTD panel thought that Pelle, Rodriguez and Mane would be capable of over 30 goals between them and provided that we replace Alderweireld with somebody similarly capable, I'm quietly confident that the recent purchases, plus those to come will leave us in a strong position once again.

Stoke have signed Shaqiri

brilliant window for them (on the face of it)

Beat Liverpool 6-1 last season - lost 0-1 signings don't necessarily mean improving team does it as we well know.

Takes ages for squads to settle with so many new players plus do Barca players want to play at Stoke on a wet Tuesday in November?

Beat Liverpool 6-1 last season - lost 0-1 signings don't necessarily mean improving team does it as we well know.

Takes ages for squads to settle with so many new players plus do Barca players want to play at Stoke on a wet Tuesday in November?

or they could start with a bang like we did last year..

Now Palace they look very good....don't fancy Arse chances this weekend.

that is why some feel a tad let down with the quality of our starting 11 compared to the improvements others around us have made.

we do things relatively cheaply I spose.

that is why some feel a tad let down with the quality of our starting 11 compared to the improvements others around us have made.

Yep. We haven't spent much really compared to the rivals around us. Maybe we've pulled off a few masterstrokes again, but a couple of good exciting signings in the mould of a Wanyama, Jay rod or Clyne would be great.

Now Palace they look very good....don't fancy Arse chances this weekend.

Cabaye is 29 and they've had to pay a big fee and give him an enormous contract to get him. He will improve them but financially that deal makes little sense. Sako was widely reported in the press recently to be asking for absurd wages as well, and if we'd signed Connor Wickham for 7 million (who I actually think might do ok there) you'd be slating the club for it i'm sure

Yep. We haven't spent much really compared to the rivals around us. Maybe we've pulled off a few masterstrokes again, but a couple of good exciting signings in the mould of a Wanyama, Jay rod or Clyne would be great.

All of which were not seen as great/exciting players when they first joined by some on here.