Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Made up nonsense again. Just be honest and admit that none of these three players were written off on here when they signed. Enough of that goes on for other players that there is no need for you to invent fictitious scenarios where people were cursing the signing of jay rod. I never said I wasn't convinced by the players so you've completely made that up as well. Odd.

You're right on this one - there were a few people saying Rodriguez wasn't proven in the Prem, and that Wanyama's passing was poor (other Scottish manager saying stand off him and let the ball come back) and I can't think of any bashing Clyne, but that was no more than maybe 2 or 3 comments out of a heap of them.

If you want an example of people slating a player, well I'll hold my hands up to saying I thought Bertrand was going to be bad based on his disinterest at Villa and tendency to leap into tackles and give the ball away lazily - and he only let himself down with any of that against Swansea at St Mary's. I also had a pop at Martina after how utterly dire he was in Salzburg, but even that was in the context of him playing out of position after maybe 2 days training, and he's been comfortable enough versus Vitesse and Newcastle when given the chance in his actual position.

There is, however, no general tendency for anyone who isn't blatantly a troll to just hate all of our signings for no reason.

Villa board have definitely backed Sherwood.

The daft sods.

A Villa-supporting mate told me yesterday they started at Bournemouth with only one of the players who began the FA Cup Final. That's mental, and there's also no way signing 10 new starting players is any kind of organised strategy.

You're right on this one - there were a few people saying Rodriguez wasn't proven in the Prem, and that Wanyama's passing was poor (other Scottish manager saying stand off him and let the ball come back) and I can't think of any bashing Clyne, but that was no more than maybe 2 or 3 comments out of a heap of them.

If you want an example of people slating a player, well I'll hold my hands up to saying I thought Bertrand was going to be bad based on his disinterest at Villa and tendency to leap into tackles and give the ball away lazily - and he only let himself down with any of that against Swansea at St Mary's. I also had a pop at Martina after how utterly dire he was in Salzburg, but even that was in the context of him playing out of position after maybe 2 days training, and he's been comfortable enough versus Vitesse and Newcastle when given the chance in his actual position.

There is, however, no general tendency for anyone who isn't blatantly a troll to just hate all of our signings for no reason.

Agree with all of that. I'm happy to say I was underwhelmed when we siigned Bertrand and that was primarily down to some of his games I'd seen when he was at Villa. Certainly proved us wrong and I'm pleased he did!

The daft sods.

A Villa-supporting mate told me yesterday they started at Bournemouth with only one of the players who began the FA Cup Final. That's mental, and there's also no way signing 10 new starting players is any kind of organised strategy.

They needed that sort of clear out/fresh start though, as they had been stale and **** for years. Similar needs to happen to Sunderland, otherwise they'll just keep bobbing around the bottom of the league every year.

I think Villa will be a lot stronger this year than they have been. Lots of talented young players, pace and skill. Not entirely convinced with their defense, but we'll see.

They needed that sort of clear out/fresh start though, as they had been stale and **** for years. Similar needs to happen to Sunderland, otherwise they'll just keep bobbing around the bottom of the league every year.

I think Villa will be a lot stronger this year than they have been. Lots of talented young players, pace and skill. Not entirely convinced with their defense, but we'll see.

If only they had Jose Fonte in their back 4, would look a lot stronger...

;)

We have, but we also lost some better full internationals. Our competitors have certainly closed the gap. Last year I would have said we were a better side than the likes of WHU, Swansea, Palace, Newcastle, Stoke, WBA & Villa. I now think there's little between us and all of those teams. Hopefully Ronald and the boys will prove me wrong.

Added full internationals;

Jaunmi

Soares

Stelkenburg

Clasie

Caulker

Martina

And Romeu only Spain U23.

**** me you are a pessimistic and depressing person who bores the forum incessantly with your negative outlook on things. I swear people like you should support Chelsea as you'll be so much happier.

You are one of the many on here who take realism as an excuse to hurl abuse at fellow saints fans... In truth you are the one who should probably take a hike and "support chelsea" if that is your attitude.

Other teams have had good transfer windows. Saints have done allright so far. But still need to replace Toby and I don't feel we have replaced morgan personally. Instead we have added a lot of depth at a decent level which is acceptable and wise. We do need a CB of top msot quality however.

Which part of the above will you disagree with before telling me to "support another team"....

This place is becoming unbearable with all the "i'm right - you're wrong, saints are the best, bed wetter, go support another team comments"

Morgan was possibly only second to Matic in his role last season, so in 'reality' who would be direct one-for-one replacement?

Maybe getting two, one who has played well in world cup, one who has learnt his trade with Barcelona and played for Chelsea isn't too bad.

Every year we hear about great new signings for other clubs, who then in reality don't do as well as ours.

We hear realistic posters predictions being the most unrealistic.

Strange

Morgan was possibly only second to Matic in his role last season, so in 'reality' who would be direct one-for-one replacement?

Maybe getting two, one who has played well in world cup, one who has learnt his trade with Barcelona and played for Chelsea isn't too bad.

Every year we hear about great new signings for other clubs, who then in reality don't do as well as ours.

We hear realistic posters predictions being the most unrealistic.

Strange

Nowt as strange as folk esp when they can remain anonymous.

Re Morgan's replacement - all I keep seeing is we need to fill a Morgan sized hole blah blah blah. The only problem I see with that is that Morgan was probably in the top 10 in the world in his role (maybe a bit over doing it but I can't think of that many - awaits the bore that is mlg to come up with at least 15) so who do you replace him with? Anyone that is "known" is going to cost a small fortune - which we will not spend on any single player.

On top of that you would have to pay the kind of wages that Morgan is on now - before you know it we are hurtling down the same path as that lot down the road have been experiencing for the last few years. Which I'm glad we are not.

ulas: 'N'Jie to #THFC is not a done deal. We have another offer from a bigger English club that has complciated things a bit' #COYS

It originally came from this source, so don't necessarily agree with ''bigger club..''!.

''"The starting N'Jie Clinton is not officially recorded . Proposal 1 other English club Crested complicates things "'' - [h=1]Thibaut Geffrotin[/h]

Edited by S-Clarke

@tancredipalmeri: Tottenham contacted by Juventus for Eriksen. Juventus wanting to bid 18m€. Difficult to find a deal

This would be hilarious, no matter how much money they get given you can pretty well rely on Spurs spunking it up the wall...

Talksaints on twitter: "Have just been told that Southampton have bid for Lyon's Clinton N'jie. Offer is larger than Tottenham's." Interesting to see what their sources are.

All that's been said in France is that Arsenal are 'interested' but have made no bid as of yet...my my what a surprise... but Aulas being the penny pinching bastard that he always is has put the Tottenham deal onto the back burner in case Arsenal ever offer more...Saints are not seemingly involved.

Edit: Now signed at Spurs by all accounts. Yet another possible Arsenal bid that failed to materialise.

Edited by Window Cleaner

ulas: 'N'Jie to #THFC is not a done deal. We have another offer from a bigger English club that has complciated things a bit' #COYS

It originally came from this source, so don't necessarily agree with ''bigger club..''!.

''"The starting N'Jie Clinton is not officially recorded . Proposal 1 other English club Crested complicates things "'' - [h=1]Thibaut Geffrotin[/h]

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9950455/clinton-njie-joins-tottenham-from-lyon-on-five-year-deal

this Otemendi chap is on his way to city

everton still say Stones is not for sale, despite a rumoured £30m bid. Quite refreshing really if they keep him

Absolutely, fair play to them. It's easier to do when they're English as they're in much higher demand due to the HG quota.

Transfer Centre Live @TransferCentreL 11 mins11 minutes ago

Hull City and Derby County are both interested in signing Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed on loan.

Be good experience for him and he needs to play a full season which he won't for us yet

RK doesn't seem to have a huge amount of confidence in him. I would go as far to say that he has less confidence in him then the vast majority of fans who have seen the benefit of his chasing and harassing. A loan would be good for him, but Clasie's fitness will probably determine when we consider it a viable option as we still need him to provide cover.

If only we could be like Everton and keep our best players.

In fairness they've had a concrete bid for one player if they keep that one player it's not much different to us making Morgan stay another season. Lots of their players are rumoured to interest big clubs but no bids ever seem to materialise. Now if Everton were fending off bids for multiple players, near the end of their contracts, and keeping hold of them I'd be more impressed.

In fairness they've had a concrete bid for one player if they keep that one player it's not much different to us making Morgan stay another season. Lots of their players are rumoured to interest big clubs but no bids ever seem to materialise. Now if Everton were fending off bids for multiple players, near the end of their contracts, and keeping hold of them I'd be more impressed.

You mean like Baines and Coleman.

Evertom now set to sell Stones.

be amazed if they keep him. The money is just huge

as for chelsea though. They need someone to come in and star in defence. Stones is not that.

Kind of funny seeing jose squirm about his squad and 'send messages' to the board with his selections.

Yet they have/had an incredible amount of players on loan in the last couple of years. some now worth an absolute fortune

Berahino: Tottenham bid (£15m) rejected (predictably).

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33980471

Bristol City bidding £9m for a player with only one season of Championship experience

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33974678

When you see that, its not surprising WBA reject £15m for Berahino. But it also makes you think how ridiculous it has become.

Where on earth are Bristol City getting that sort of money from?

must have a new owner I suppose, Russian, Thai, Indonesian, Middle Eastern...take your pick, some place or other where

folding is moved about in wheelbarrows and suitcases and no questions are asked..

Edited by Window Cleaner

must have a new owner I suppose, Russian, Thai, Indonesian, Middle Eastern...take your pick, some place or other where

folding is moved about in wheelbarrows and suitcases and no questions are asked..

Think it still might be this chap: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Steve-Lansdown-wipes-pound-35-million-debt/story-20425643-detail/story.html

I guess that PL can attract players while Bristol City have to get them with big transfer bids, ones that we are ourselves paying.

Van Gaal might have other ideas!

He may but Januzaj has stated repeatedly that he's not interested in coming here so will be difficult to do the interview where he claims 'as soon as southampton showed an interest....' The last thing we want is a player signing who really wants robe elsewhere.

Only Saints, Chelsea and Spurs have made a net profit this summer. Another good window for the books, even with van Dijk or another CB signing we will have spent net £10m, which when combined with last summer means a profit in the last two years which is healthy, especially with the TV money we have and will rake in.

Whilst we have fewer saleable assets now, the squad still has good value and the finances of the club must be better now than ever before.

Only Saints, Chelsea and Spurs have made a net profit this summer. Another good window for the books, even with van Dijk or another CB signing we will have spent net £10m, which when combined with last summer means a profit in the last two years which is healthy, especially with the TV money we have and will rake in.

Whilst we have fewer saleable assets now, the squad still has good value and the finances of the club must be better now than ever before.

Where did you source this information, please? Would like to read, not fact-checking.

like keeping him, I guess

Or not.

This from Jordan Harris - MU manager Louis van Gall may be willing to let Adnan Januzaj leave Old Trafford on loan this summer after informing the player that he cannot provide him with the first team football he craves the Daily Express report. Ronald Koeman's Southampton and Borussia Dortmund are leading the charge for his signature, while Everton, Sunderland and Italian giants Juventus are also lurking.