Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

that is why some feel a tad let down with the quality of our starting 11 compared to the improvements others around us have made.

we do things relatively cheaply I spose.

It would be interesting to know how all these signings have affected the other PL clubs wage structures and weather those teams are pushing their finances to the limit signing some of these players. Saints will not break their wage structure and look to be finically self sufficient (was last summer the club admitted they budget for finishing 10th?) so People waiting on saints to start breaking the bank, offering massive wages and bringing big name signings are probably going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't consider any window of that much change as brilliant. We did ok with ours but largely because the core of the team was the same with wanyama Morgan, Davis and fonte. It very rarely works out well for the sides signing loads of players. Yes Shaquiri seems a good signing but they've lost a top keeper and their best CM. They'll be w very different team this year and I doubt as good as last season in terms of points.

Who is the CM?

What you have to remember is that we already had a better squad than the teams below us. So inevitably they will do more in the transfer market to try and compete with us. Sure, we still need another CB, but the reason we haven't signed a load european world beaters mighty like Stoke have is because we have't needed to make too many additions. Still, if they finish above us hopefully the top 4 will go chasing their players rather than ours. I'm happy enough with how the squad is looking, and it sounds like a couple more are being brought in.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

that is why some feel a tad let down with the quality of our starting 11 compared to the improvements others around us have made.

we do things relatively cheaply I spose.

Would you prefer we went and overspent on players? Apart from Osvaldo we spent sensibly last year and it worked. No reason why it cant work again.

That's utter rubbish to be honest. I can't remember anyone jot considering all three of them exciting and decent acquisitions.

Ok - Just go back and have a look at some of the threads. I can't be arsed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were one of the culprits to be honest. After all your not convinced by any of our signings so far are you? And that would be after seeing them play xx minutes in a saints shirt ( I'll let you fill in the xx).

Every year we 'pussy foot' around in the transfer market. We have been lucky and got away with it, but I fear this year we will be sweating on finishing above the bottom three.

I look forward to your next squinnying protest about how you only post your genuine opinion and how you're not just an utterly pointless repetitive troll with one "joke", honest you're not.

Ok - Just go back and have a look at some of the threads. I can't be arsed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were one of the culprits to be honest. After all your not convinced by any of our signings so far are you? And that would be after seeing them play xx minutes in a saints shirt ( I'll let you fill in the xx).

Made up nonsense again. Just be honest and admit that none of these three players were written off on here when they signed. Enough of that goes on for other players that there is no need for you to invent fictitious scenarios where people were cursing the signing of jay rod. I never said I wasn't convinced by the players so you've completely made that up as well. Odd.

Edited by hypochondriac

There's no denying apart from Everton everyone else who can be construed as our competitors have made some very good "named" signings!

Yeah that's the point. It's not a criticism of our policy just that u would quite like us to get one or two in of a similar mould rather like we have done successfully in previous windows.

Would you prefer we went and overspent on players? Apart from Osvaldo we spent sensibly last year and it worked. No reason why it cant work again.

not seeing any other club over spend either (that we are realistically competing against). yet, they have had pretty strong windows already. Everton aside

There's no denying apart from Everton everyone else who can be construed as our competitors have made some very good "named" signings!

Are you suggesting we haven't?

I could have sworn we've signed several full internationals.

I am looking forward to seeing how the footballing mega powers of Stoke, Swansea and Crystal Palace do this season.

After reading this thread I think I might lump on all three of them to finish joint fourth. They sound effing brilliant.

Are you suggesting we haven't?

I could have sworn we've signed several full internationals.

We have, but we also lost some better full internationals. Our competitors have certainly closed the gap. Last year I would have said we were a better side than the likes of WHU, Swansea, Palace, Newcastle, Stoke, WBA & Villa. I now think there's little between us and all of those teams. Hopefully Ronald and the boys will prove me wrong.

Without the same degree of panic and number of players leaving this summer is turning into the same as last year by most who continue to judge before the transfer window shuts.

I said Les and the club should be judged as of the close of the window last year and that turned out ok, so I do not see the point to feel less confident than then. We do need two or three more and quality can take time as others will obviously be interested too.

We have, but we also lost some better full internationals. Our competitors have certainly closed the gap. Last year I would have said we were a better side than the likes of WHU, Swansea, Palace, Newcastle, Stoke, WBA & Villa. I now think there's little between us and all of those teams. Hopefully Ronald and the boys will prove me wrong.

Agree with that (except villa and West brom).

Without the same degree of panic and number of players leaving this summer is turning into the same as last year by most who continue to judge before the transfer window shuts.

I said Les and the club should be judged as of the close of the window last year and that turned out ok, so I do not see the point to feel less confident than then. We do need two or three more and quality can take time as others will obviously be interested too.

Eh? So we can't discuss how things are shaping up until September?

not seeing any other club over spend either (that we are realistically competing against). yet, they have had pretty strong windows already. Everton aside

**** me you are a pessimistic and depressing person who bores the forum incessantly with your negative outlook on things. I swear people like you should support Chelsea as you'll be so much happier.

**** me you are a pessimistic and depressing person who bores the forum incessantly with your negative outlook on things. I swear people like you should support Chelsea as you'll be so much happier.

You're no poet laureate yourself. Especially considering that's the second time you've told someone to go and support another team today.

Eh? So we can't discuss how things are shaping up until September?

Well you can but you aren't really in full possession of the facts, until the transfer window closes, so any conclusions made may well be wide of the mark just like last summers melt down on here. Even judging the new signings is pretty difficult considering how little game time most of them has had so far.

You'd probably be the same if the captain kept on boll*cking you for burning his bacon.

You're no poet laureate yourself. Especially considering that's the second time you've told someone to go and support another team today.

I'm flattered you follow my posts so closely. So depressing here these days with certain people relentlessly complaining and whinging.

Well you can but you aren't really in full possession of the facts, until the transfer window closes, so any conclusions made may well be wide of the mark just like last summers melt down on here. Even judging the new signings is pretty difficult considering how little game time most of them has had so far.

Forgive me but I'm pretty sure that most people posting here aren't reaching final conclusions, simply commenting on the respective transfers so far. I don't think our team is as strong now as it was last season. That may change of course by the end of the window and the players may actually turn out to be better but I believe you're allowed an opinion about the state of play for saints at various points during the window. Sidney Fudpucker summed it up for me. The league will be a lot closer this year in my opinion and I reckon we will do well to get upper mid table.

Forgive me but I'm pretty sure that most people posting here aren't reaching final conclusions, simply commenting on the respective transfers so far. I don't think our team is as strong now as it was last season. That may change of course by the end of the window and the players may actually turn out to be better but I believe you're allowed an opinion about the state of play for saints at various points during the window. Sidney Fudpucker summed it up for me. The league will be a lot closer this year in my opinion and I reckon we will do well to get upper mid table.

Hey that's what the forum is for but after making such nobs of yourselves last summer I thought a few of you might want to wait until you started commenting....... by the way what happened to your hilarious everything must go fire sale Avatar from last summer?

Hey that's what the forum is for but after making such nobs of yourselves last summer I thought a few of you might want to wait until you started commenting....... by the way what happened to your hilarious everything must go fire sale Avatar from last summer?

You are aware that i had that after the window closed?

Made up nonsense again. Just be honest and admit that none of these three players were written off on here when they signed. Enough of that goes on for other players that there is no need for you to invent fictitious scenarios where people were cursing the signing of jay rod. I never said I wasn't convinced by the players so you've completely made that up as well. Odd.

I think it's you that needs to be honest or have I hit a nerve hypo? So tell me how do you rate our signings so far? And how many minutes of live action your ratings are based on?

He wouldnt. He can't grasp the concept of a club not needing as many signings as those below it, so he'd be banging on about saints or liverpools signings while Chelsea have stood still with falcao.

gloryhunter or not, logic is not a friend

All well and good sitting on your perch. Pontificating about people being negative.

Yet, morons like you think we are that good, you thought we would lose at Newcastle.

Admit it, you don't think we are very good do you

I think it's you that needs to be honest or have I hit a nerve hypo? So tell me how do you rate our signings so far? And how many minutes of live action your ratings are based on?

Don't think we've done badly with signings. Soares clearly has potentially though defensively may not be as solid as Clyne if the small amount we have seen so far and reports from previous club is anything to go by. Martinez seems fine as a squad player, Caulker similar. Classie is going to have to adjust quickly and bulk up a bit if he wants to match Morgan imo and it remains to be seen how Jay rod has recovered from him injury. I'm pleased with juanmi and he seems like a bit of a coup. I think some similar sized clubs have done better though and will have closed the gap from last year. It was always going to be tough replacing Morgan and Clyne and I hope we get a cm of sufficient quality to strengthen in that area. I've been to all our games so far bar Newcastle which I watched on the telly from Amsterdam. Don't start with the hit a nerve rubbish. It makes you look idiotic.

Edited by hypochondriac

SUNDERLAND IN BORINI TALKS

Sunderland are in talks to sign Fabio Borini from Liverpool on season-long loan, according to Sky sources.

We understand Borini has been told he has no future at Liverpool and now could be set to move to the Stadium of Light even though he turned down a permanent move there last summer.

I've heard a lot about that Traore guy in terms of potential, but not really seen him play. Will be interesting to see how he does.

I love Barca and their ''buy back clauses''. It's basically a glorified loan deal, and if he turns into a world beater, they get him back!