Rooney - Man Utd

Lescott - Man City

Pienaar - Tottenham

Arteta - Arsenal

Rodwell - Man City

Fellaini - Man Utd

that is over an 11 year period, not 12 months

It's 2015 ;)

My point was Bill Kenwright's Everton still sell its best players if there is genuine firm interest in them. Like every other team in world football bar Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Saints held firm with Schneiderlin last summer, but it was still inevitable he'd leave at some point just as Stones will leave Everton if not this window then probably next January or next summer as he is clearly unsettled. You may now cite Baines and Coleman but do you know for 100% sure there has ever been firm and determined interest in them from another side?

Edited by Matthew Le God

i said his goal record is average and Spurs and Liverpool are able to chuck 20m on average players without having to worry if it works out, ie. Lovren, markovic, lallana, lamela, soldado.

it makes it very hard for saints to have a chance of top 6 anytime.

Goal record at Leverkusen wasn't that average, scores 1 for every 3 games, few hatricks I think though.

Certainly not bad for a winger/striker.

By the by Lovren is playing well again. Forming a good partnership with Skrtel.

i said his goal record is average and Spurs and Liverpool are able to chuck 20m on average players without having to worry if it works out, ie. Lovren, markovic, lallana, lamela, soldado.

it makes it very hard for saints to have a chance of top 6 anytime.

We had a great chance last year and we blew it. It'll be a long time before we're top six calibre again, but I think that has more to do with the fact that other teams outside of the top six have the ability to spend big now. One of the top six usually drop a bollock in a season and it's up to the chasing pack to take advantage. I can see Spurs being put under pressure to remain top 6 this season. Can Swansea, Stoke or even Leicester take advantage and pip them? For me that'll be one of the exciting features this year.

De Guzman will be a quality signing for Bournemouth. Much to admire about their team, think they will have a decent season, if they can keep Wilson and their centre backs fit as I don't think they have much depth there.

Attacking pace will hurt a lot of teams I reckon.

Certainly look better than us and are playing like we use to.

Two things:

Firstly, Jonny Evans is a quality centre half and an absolute bargain at £8m.

Secondly, well done Martinez & Everton for not rolling over and having their tummies tickled by Chelski...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34084935

"It is no good just to think that because you have a Champions League budget you're going to click your fingers and get anything you want," said Martinez.

"Clearly we don't work like that."

Just been told Yannick Bolasie is set to join Spurs by a Facebook friend.... Do they need another wide player?

They could certainly use someone who can go outside and cross rather than cut in, not least because Pochettino doesn't seem to fancy Townsend.

@John__Percy: #mufc defender Jonny Evans is having a medical at West Brom tonight. Joleon Lescott now likely to join #avfc before Tuesday's deadline #wba

Both average IMO.

I quite like Lescott and think he could have been worth a go but he's a villa fan

FC Midtjylland were resting their young winger Pione Sisto and CB Erik Sviatchenko in the Superliga this weekend .... according to reliable Danish media, FCM agreed on a £5m offer from West Ham, but Sisto turned down the offer when they were to negotiate the personal terms ... Sisto said - "I have not told the media that I have said no to West Ham or any other club. My answer is, that this is something that I will keep between myself, FC Midtjylland and my agent." ... the other news is that Norwich have made a £2.2m offer on Erik Sviatchenko, which according to rumours is going to trigger his release clause, but he has no commet, except that he may stay or could be leaving, if the right offer turnes up.

@GFN_France: Breaking: Papy Djilobodji is currently undergoing a medical at Chelsea, according to 20 Minutes. More to follow.

We were linked with him earlier this summer. Seems like a strange player for Chelsea to go for.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-talks-nantes-over-5710634

will be out on loan in 12 months time

Yep and the stock answer is that nobody has good backup.

The truth is actually that nobody in the PL has as questionable back up at GK than us.

I can't help but feel that you're overstating - Aston Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, and Watford don't have much to boast about either.

Apart from the fact that Forster could be back by Xmas. What club has a number 2 GK that is quality? What GKs want to be a backup?

Chelsea.

TBF generally only the really big teams have two quality GKs because they can pay the sort of money to back up keepers that makes sitting on a bench attractive.

No doubt Charlie will be along to list a load of has beens and career back up goalies at other PL clubs to prove his point that KD isn't that good....as if we didn't realise he isn't world class.

Apart from the fact that Forster could be back by Xmas. What club has a number 2 GK that is quality? What GKs want to be a backup?

West Brom, Palace, Stoke, Liverpool, Spurs, Bournemouth, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Sunderland, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle all off the top of my head have a better no 2 keeper than either an ageing Davis or nervous, inexperienced Gazzaniga

Chelsea.

No doubt Charlie will be along to list a load of has beens and career back up goalies at other PL clubs to prove his point that KD isn't that good....as if we didn't realise he isn't world class.

See above. Its just true.

They may not have world class keepers but are competent, many are Intls or have been good in the PL/ Championship in the last 2 or 3 years and aren't approaching 40 or in the case of Gazza have less than 40 pro mens games under their belt.

If Stekelenburg gets injured, it will massively hamper our ability to pick up wins as it did when Forster was injured.

I agree' date=' they don't. But none of them will be top half or pushing for Europe like Saints want to. So we're still short.[/quote']

It's a gamble, admittedly, but seemingly one we're prepared to take in order to save a few million pounds per year. We'll probably see some reassuring movement once Kevin's contract expires (next year?).