Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Man City's relative underachievement could be argued to be a result of their lack of character shown by the likes of Nasri, Tevez etc. who clearly care about themselves far more than the team. Welcome to another one.

So we need a centre half to replace Tobi.

A midfielder to replace Morgan (inevitable).

And a winger to replace Elia.

We've added Cuco and Juanmi to the squad; and we have Jay-Rod back, so we'll definitely be stronger squad wise next season :)

We've added Cuco and Juanmi to the squad; and we have Jay-Rod back, so we'll definitely be stronger squad wise next season :)

I don't think we'll replace Elia, and I still think we also need to replace Cork. We need three defensive midfielders (with Reed coming through).

A centre back and two midfielders for me.

Sky sources understand that Raheem Sterling wants to leave Liverpool because he does not want to play for manager Brendan Rodgers.

But why would that be...?? He's a managerial, tactical genius. That masterclass he put on in their final game against Stoke was to be seen to be believed.

Adam Blackmore@bigadamsport Jul 6

#saintsfc Ronald Koeman inferred in interview that signing of Juanmi ends interest in Djuricic & return of J-Rod & Isgrove ends Elia bid

Steven Nzonzi will sign for Sevilla in the next 48 hours

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11726468/Steven-Nzonzi-to-sign-for-Sevilla-after-Stoke-City-reluctantly-accept-7-million-bid.html

^ Looks like Stoke might be joining us in the hunt for a defensive midfielder. Plus they might soon have the Begovic cash to play with as well.

Wonder if this has any impact on our interest in Krychowiak??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11726468/Steven-Nzonzi-to-sign-for-Sevilla-after-Stoke-City-reluctantly-accept-7-million-bid.html

^ Looks like Stoke might be joining us in the hunt for a defensive midfielder. Plus they might soon have the Begovic cash to play with as well.

Wow, just £7m. He's one of their best players as well. Makes you respect the fees we get for our players.

Wow' date=' just £7m. He's one of their best players as well. Makes you respect the fees we get for our players.[/quote']

He only has a year left on his contract and is refusing to sign a new one. Similar situation to Clyne.

Wow' date=' just £7m. He's one of their best players as well. Makes you respect the fees we get for our players.[/quote']

Or wonder if some of the figures quoted are anywhere near accurate. All I know is that Lallana+Lovren+Chambers+Lambert+Shaw =82 million. Join up the dots yourselves with the figures you believe to be true.

Most will come up about 15 million short.

Barcelona's new midfield playmaker Arda Turan has said it will be tough not being able to play until January due to a ban on the club registering players.

FIFA banned Barca from two transfer windows after they were deemed to have broken rules on the signing of foreign under-18 players.

"It's going to be hard not playing for six months but I will work until I am able to make my debut in January," Arda said.

The whole transfer ban **** is an utter sham. if you have a transfer ban, it's a transfer ban. Stock piling players you can't play for months is utterly, utterly ridiculous and at the detriment of the player. That has got to be looked at.

Very good player, but no way is he worth £22m - I assume that's his contract buyout clause?

Yeah, apparently so.

OGBONNA DUE FOR MEDICAL

Sky Sports News HQ understands Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna will be having a medical with West Ham in the next 48 hours, ahead of a proposed £8.5m move.

We also understand talks are progressing well between the Hammers and Arsenal over bringing Carl Jenkinson back in on loan.

STOKE TRY TO TEMPT SHAQIRI

Stoke are ready to offer Xherdan Shaqiri a clause in his contract which would mean he could leave next summer, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Potters are keen on the Inter Milan midfielder, and the Italian paper claims they will give him the option to leave if a Champions League team comes in for him at the end of the season.

West Ham are still seemingly throwing money in all directions, without any real strategy

They've now been ''turned down'' by Carlos Vella after agreeing to pay his £22m fee.

They have money to spend, and they need to be look like theyre growing when the move into the Olympic stadium to sell more tickets. They're gambling, but a decent gamble as long as they can afford it, afterall, they're making a profit from moving stadiums...!

They have money to spend, and they need to be look like theyre growing when the move into the Olympic stadium to sell more tickets. They're gambling, but a decent gamble as long as they can afford it, afterall, they're making a profit from moving stadiums...!

Whilst the Londoners fund the refit...!

This is just my opinion, but I think they've gambled a year too early. They're not there yet.

West Ham are still seemingly throwing money in all directions, without any real strategy

They've now been ''turned down'' by Carlos Vella after agreeing to pay his £22m fee.

They've given the new (and more expansive) manager money to spend and are addressing areas of weakness. They're also competing on multiple fronts. Seems like a sound strategy to me. Could it just be prejudice on your part?

Edited by shurlock

The centre half is aware of the furore his transfer has caused and been in touch with Southampton manager Ronald Koeman to express his appreciation for bringing him to the Premier League.

He said: "I understand that there is some disappointment. I have sent a text message to Ronald and thanked him for a great year. He gave me a lot of confidence and made me a better footballer.

"I gave 100 per cent for Southampton and wish everyone luck for next season."

CABAYE MOVES CLOSER

Crystal Palace have moved a step closer to signing midfielder Yohan Cabaye from PSG.

He is undergoing his medical in London, and Sky sources understand the fee is between £10million. and £13million

^ I find myself now being surprisingly jealous, which is strange since I know he's not a Saints-type signing.

The centre half is aware of the furore his transfer has caused and been in touch with Southampton manager Ronald Koeman to express his appreciation for bringing him to the Premier League.

He said: "I understand that there is some disappointment. I have sent a text message to Ronald and thanked him for a great year. He gave me a lot of confidence and made me a better footballer.

"I gave 100 per cent for Southampton and wish everyone luck for next season."

That reads to me like he knew he'd been part of stringing us along on a bit of a stitch up.

this

Might not have really seized upon the fact that a palliative throw away reply to a leading question would be treated like something that Moses found on Mount Sinai (or wherever it was) Toby is a Belgian, football probably isn't a religion there.

As I've said before, any that take footballer's comments and statements overly seriously are always in line for disappointment.

Mind you the dead horse flogging legal action bollorks certainly didn't help.

Edited by Window Cleaner
cl

CABAYE MOVES CLOSER

Crystal Palace have moved a step closer to signing midfielder Yohan Cabaye from PSG.

He is undergoing his medical in London, and Sky sources understand the fee is between £10million. and £13million

^ I find myself now being surprisingly jealous, which is strange since I know he's not a Saints-type signing.

I don't think it's unreasonable to wish for a couple of feelgood exciting signings like Mane and Toby from last year (and Jay Rod, Clyne, Victor etc from previous windows.) Would be good for the club for supporters to go into the season excited by some of the new faces. I would still quite like an exciting attacking player signed myself but would be content with a top CB and DM.

CABAYE MOVES CLOSER

So do I.

Newcastle are set to spend nearly half of their £60 million summer budget on PSV's Georginio Wijnaldum and Anderlecht's Aleksandar Mitrovic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11729370/Newcastle-United-news-Club-to-start-summer-business-with-28m-double-signing.html

McLaren the new head coach, I've never heard a coach talking so much crap like he did when he was head coach of Twente in Holland ("the most important part of a team is: the team..." and more of that rubbish). Millions and millions for a 20-year old who had one good season in Belgium and even more millions for Wijnaldum who will need a lot of time to adapt to the PL. That doesn't look not promising for them. Oh wait, they have another 30 million to spend... :shakey: Well, they better aim higher.

Palace ready to go for Austin as well apparently

fine team they will have if it happens. Cabeye and Austin added to the team

Wouldn't be surprised if they finished above us if Austin joined, they will concede a few but score a lot. Getting slightly concerned by our transfer activity, hopefully it's just a case of trying to get shot of Morgan first.

Palace ready to go for Austin as well apparently

fine team they will have if it happens. Cabeye and Austin added to the team

I read that their plan is to add 3 top quality players to their squad. (Much like we did - or tried to do - with Lovren, Vic & Nut-job Dani)

Wouldn't be surprised if they finished above us if Austin joined, they will concede a few but score a lot. Getting slightly concerned by our transfer activity, hopefully it's just a case of trying to get shot of Morgan first.

teams around us are starting to sign some quality. Hope Martina is up to it

teams around us are starting to sign some quality. Hope Martina is up to it

Yep, still plenty if time though. With the Europa League this season I feel we will be competing with the likes of Everton, Stoke, Swansea and Palace, not Spurs and Liverpool like some expect.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

:lol: They haven't signed either player yet, and they're automatically going to be better than us.

Didn't we have this with QPR last season? oh...and Norwich the season before?....and WHU the season before that? Never mind.

:lol: They haven't signed either player yet, and they're automatically going to be better than us.

Didn't we have this with QPR last season? oh...and Norwich the season before?....and WHU the season before that? Never mind.

& Hull (What plonker would say that?! - Oh, me!)