What saints goal have you celebrated most?

old_southy

When the 3rd one went in against Coventry in the last game of the 2011-2012 season (and to my shame I can't actually remember who scored it!) to put us out of sight and seal our promotion back to the PL, I screamed the house down and cried. My other half says she has never seen me display so much emotion in all the years we have been together.

Jos Hooiveld. :)

In fairness, all of the goals in that game could apply to this thread for me.

Some other personal favourites:

McGoldrick at Preston North End (2-3)

Guly at Coventry (2-4, That was quite specific to me, finally beating the Sky blues in their own back yard after years of the locals comments)

Lambert v Huddersfield (4-1, He was having a bit of a crap spell, but that strike on the turn was excellent! And against my then bosses side.)

Edited by Colinjb

Bolton? I was standing behind the net for that one. My son left home late because of a stupid woman, got locked out of the ground and missed it.

Yes, Bolton i think. Didnt it go to extra time because of that goal, and he promptly went and did it again? Might be wrong!

Lambert's goal away to city first game back in the Premier League against the champions, he had just come on off the bench for his first top flight game and scores! Very emotional!

Also Tadic against Man Utd this season is up there.

Lambert gif.jpg

Edited by Saint IQ

Bolton? I was standing behind the net for that one. My son left home late because of a stupid woman, got locked out of the ground and missed it.

Was walking towards the exit in the East Stand to watch the last few minutes of the game and had to rush back to my seat ☺

Stokes in 76, Ruddock penalty, was needed to stop a long goal drought and of course Matt against Arsenal. Also the first goal against Leeds when we returned to the Championship that set us up for the season to get promoted.

Henri Camara, Norwich 4-3

This one - every time I think of that game it sends shivers down my spine.

I think we must have missed a chance in the 2nd half the whole ground went silent only for a huge roar to grow urging the players on.

Also Beatts against Manure for 1-0 at St Mary's

The first one against Coventry. Adam Lallana had the shot and then Billy Sharp flicked it in (or vice versa). I knew, going into the game that as soon as we scored one, all the nerves around the stadium would disappear and we'd go on and score tons. As soon as that shot hit the net, I just thought "THAT'S IT! WE'RE GOING UP!".

Getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

From games I've been to;

Lambert at Fratton probably just about edges it although it's up against some pretty stiff competition.

Waigo's equaliser with the last kick of the game in the JPT against Norwich is up there too.

Osvaldo against City last year got a good noise.

Skacel against Birmingham in 2006 (3rd goal in 6 minutes, was pretty special until Mane came along).

Lambert's 3rd at Millwall, penalty in injury time to win it.

The one I wish I'd been at. That much noise from a relatively small, uncovered stand is just crazy. Everyone who was there said it was mental

Billy Sharp's first against Portsmouth springs to mind. The second was ruined a little by the delay between the lino and the ref.

Best recent celebration wasn't at a game. I was in Cape Town watching last seasons game at Old Trafford surrounded by loads of plastic Utd fans. I was wasn't the most popular lad in the bar that day.

Lambert's goal away to city first game back in the Premier League against the champions, he had just come on off the bench for his first top flight game and scores! Very emotional!

Ooh, good shout with the Lambert goal, that was us realising we weren't as awful as we thought we might be in the Prem (shortly followed by losing at home to Wigan... :D).

In terms of "amount of time celebrating a goal", I'm fairly sure all the goals against Coventry, which led to a dancing-on-the-tables-downing-champagne party at Varsity, a completely blatted trivia machine win at 11pm in the Winston, and a subsequent Promotion Party BBQ at our nearby flat when it chucked it down all day but still went on until about 4am when we finally drank every drop of alcohol left in the flat, mostly in one glass, was probably the longest pure celebration time... In my head it also lasted pretty much until the moment above. :)

Oh yeah, and scrolling up, Fonte against Brighton, that was abso-fudgeking-lutely fan-bloody-tastic after all their tossing around with the music choices before kick off, narkiness about Adkins in the official programme, time-wasting, ball-boy removal, the absolute hatred for Adkins from every corner of that bloody awful ground, plus the last minute nature of the goal, the players running a small marathon just to get to the away fans, and... well, yeah, getting hammered for the next God knows how many hours in various pubs in Brighton too. :D

Edited by The9

Think all of mine have been mentioned already but just to list them again -

Barry Horne vs Bolton

Kenny Monkou vs Norwich

Frannie Benali

James Beattie against the skates in the league cup (first game against them in almost a decade and probably the most hate filled atmosphere i've ever experienced at St Mary's, **** load of old nasty faces around outside, them booing ted bates silence and then Beats puts it away to absolute ****ing bedlam in the crowd).

Brett in the FA Cup semi.

Lambert away to Millwall (promotion season)

probably more too but the alcohol has dulled the memories down the years

Think all of mine have been mentioned already but just to list them again -

Barry Horne vs Bolton

Kenny Monkou vs Norwich

Frannie Benali

James Beattie against the skates in the league cup (first game against them in almost a decade and probably the most hate filled atmosphere i've ever experienced at St Mary's, **** load of old nasty faces around outside, them booing ted bates silence and then Beats puts it away to absolute ****ing bedlam in the crowd).

Brett in the FA Cup semi.

Lambert away to Millwall (promotion season)

probably more too but the alcohol has dulled the memories down the years

good shout. a nice celebration from BT too

Aside from some of those mentioned above I'll add Steven Davis putting us 2-1 up at the Etihad in our first game back in the Premier League.

It was more than the goal, it was a celebration for everything we'd been through since being relegated under Redknapp.

I've never seen so many Saints fans with massive grins on their faces. There was utter disbelief that our team, largely made of players who had been with us since League 1, had come from behind to lead against the richest team in the country. My heart was racing to the point that if we had scored again it might have finished me off.

It was utter carnage and a very cathartic experience.

1st Benali as I said earlier just because of the reaction

2nd choice Pahars against the Scoucers and him then celebrating on the wall with the crowd

3rd Le Tiss chipping against Schmeichel

and a goal I didn't see but heard Fonte at Brighton

1st Benali as I said earlier just because of the reaction

2nd choice Pahars against the Scoucers and him then celebrating on the wall with the crowd

3rd Le Tiss chipping against Schmeichel

and a goal I didn't see but heard Fonte at Brighton

Fonte's header was the most important goal since administration IMO.

Yeah the Fonte goal at Brighton is a good shout. Most amusing to see their fans trying to look all moody in the car park after having been pathetically laying into Adkins 10 minutes before.

Have to admit I didn't get that excited about the goals against Coventry. While it was good, it was also obvious we were going up and I was still slightly miffed we'd blown the chance to win the title at Middlesbrough the week before.

I think the Brighton goal is the most mental I've ever gone whilst watching Soccer Saturday or listening to Solent. Nipper and I went batsh1t mental and as we were BBQing at the time the whole of Stafford heard us. My Wolves supporting neighbour popped his head over the fence, simply gave us a big grin and the thumbs up and left me to be bollo_cked by the Mrs for being too loud.

It was utter carnage and a very cathartic experience.

It was basically 2,000 people all grinning at each other whilst shaking their heads in disbelief for about 5 minutes.

With hindsight the head-shaking this season would be disbelief that Davis managed to hit the target. :)

Millwall away in the Championship, when SRL scored his 2nd penalty to win it 3-2 in last minute. That was a mental celebration

Yeah that was good. We had £25 on a Lambert hattrick at 25/1 so we're going doubly mental. Apart from 1 of the lads who was so ****ed that he thought it was Guly who had scored the first until we put him straight :facepalm: