• Clasie
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Wanyama
    • Mané
    • Ward-Prowse

Well around me the support was very loud all second half, not sure what else we can do unless we have loudhailers, drums, Leicester style flappy thingies, and Scouser flares.

On a brighter more positive note what about all our stunning left foot strikes! Tadic started it a few games ago, then VVD, then we get 3 crackers in one game - not had a glut like this since we had Nick Holmes, David Armstrong etc in the team.

Lallana, Lovren, the biggest kn*b of a manager to ever grace the game in Rodgers, that stupid Sturridge celebration, the delusions of grandeour, the Kop, YNWA, the sob mentality.... Yeah, Liverpool.

this, my fellow posters, is why I hate Liverpool so much- what a win, what a feeling.

I like the upset at lovren being called a cunit and how offensive that is a week after them having a right old chuckle about Munich.

I agree, our bench looked pretty annoyed with his antics. I think his penalty miss celebration inspired Ron to go on his lap of honour.

He didn't celebrate a penalty miss though did he .

He celebrated his keeper saving a penalty kick . Why is that such a surprise ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I blame it on the increasing number of bloody half and half scarves appearing in the crowd every home game.

I went to the Dell bar after the game and happened to leave just as the players were coming out. There were loads of people waiting for them and the % of football tourists/half and half scarf brigade was very high. The demographic of supporters waiting for autographs was more multicultural than that of our team.

I went to the Dell bar after the game and happened to leave just as the players were coming out. There were loads of people waiting for them and the % of football tourists/half and half scarf brigade was very high. The demographic of supporters waiting for autographs was more multicultural than that of our team.

Was that for players of both sides or just the losers?

I blame it on the increasing number of bloody half and half scarves appearing in the crowd every home game.

I make a point of abusing the sellers/buyers on the way past every time, hopefully we can shame people into stopping buying them.

Tbf on this occasion that's more down to the number of scousers in the vicinity flogging the bloody things. I saw a Charlie Austin scarf for sale outside Yates's FFS.

On a pedantic note... did anybody notice that across the top of the scarves it said 'Premiership 2015/2016' ?

That would almost certainly be a copyright-dodging matter. Just like the unofficial scarves with half a club badge or something resembling the official logo which isn't. (eg for them just a Liver bird, or in our case maybe half a tree and some water with a ball and a halo somewhere around. The Man U ones usually have the familiar shape of their badge outline with something like a trident in red in the middle).

That would almost certainly be a copyright-dodging matter. Just like the unofficial scarves with half a club badge or something resembling the official logo which isn't. (eg for them just a Liver bird, or in our case maybe half a tree and some water with a ball and a halo somewhere around. The Man U ones usually have the familiar shape of their badge outline with something like a trident in red in the middle).

Ah thanks. Do the poor suckers that buy these things have any idea that they're getting a cheap imitation of the real thing?

Ah thanks. Do the poor suckers that buy these things have any idea that they're getting a cheap imitation of the real thing?

If they're that interested in buying them, I don't really care if they're being suckered.

FWIW there's one in my house (proper logos fwiw) from Arnhem, when the wife did her usual trick of insisting point blank that she wanted to buy something and was not having any kind of rhyme nor reason not to do so, especially not "they'll be a quarter of the price in 3 hours and you'll never look at it again anyway", and then practically made the guy put the price UP with her enthusiastic "negotiating". When she tried it again in Midtjylland I just claimed not to have any cash left on me and she was drunk enough not to challenge it. :D

You'll also find other inventive ways around copyright (I assume Arsenal have copyrighted their name or someone's tried to prosecute for indecency or whatever, due to the "Arse" bit)...

BPI-KM-CHELSEA-ARSENAL-051014-003-2935289.jpg

BPI-KM-ARSENAL-CRYSTAL-PALACE-160814-004-2860648.jpg

And some United and City logo dodging here - City's old badge (which is also about to be their new badge more or less) and the middle bit from United's badge...

article-2305922-192E7F07000005DC-877_634x546.jpg

Here's a [FOREVER] UNITED v LIVERPOOL scarf without the words Premier League or either official badge.

JS71951534.jpg

Etc.

Edited by The9

I think his weird nipple squeezing antics after Benteke's miss were slightly disturbing...

If you look in the background you can see Sammy Lee looking at him as if thinking, 'WTF are you doing, you stupid sod'.

And it felt surrel, as if it was a sketch starring Stephen Marchant as Klopp, and Phil Daniels as Sammy Lee.

There's definitely a "location in St Mary's" thing going on here about how loud people thought it was. People should probably give an approximate location for clarity, because compared to my experience in lower Northam 41 it sounds like the Chapel sang for once and a lot of people are getting excited about it.

Nowhere near the Norwich game in the relegation season where the crescendo also lasted far longer than just the last 10 minutes, not even close to the best atmosphere this season with the Arnhem game and sticking 4 on Arsenal. We've been consistently louder than that for entire matches on a few occasions this season, and personally I thought the roar for Mane's Villa hat-trick jsut at the end of last season was twice as loud and the atmosphere lasted for much longer then too.

Anyone else still watching the highlights of this game at least once a day?

I've watched the whole second half 4 times, rewound the goals and celebrations over and over. Even though I know what happens I still get angry when Davis loses the ball to Lallana which thankfully Benteke fails to convert. I'm almost tempted to skip that bit.

Edited by Chalkboy

I've watched whole second half 4 times, rewound the goals and celebrations over and over. Even though I know what happens I still get angry when Davis loses the ball to Lallana which thankfully Benteke fails to convert. I'm almost tempted to skip that bit.

Where are you finding the whole second half?

Google " Football Origin", that always has the full 90s of every Premier League game.

Actually, to avoid Google confusion, it's not Football Origin it's actually "Orgin", only one "i". Strange title I know.

Here's the website for anyone who isn't aware. It's worth bookmarking.

http://www.footballorgin.net/search/label/full%20match

Sh*t, I might have to watch the second half again now :D